Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

BoB Nesmtih

Hey everyone, been awhile. I noticed that the "Tomcat" was recently released, and as well I have noticed a variety of "injector" bowls available. Can someone explain to me the differences between using an injector, and using a shovelhead? I've read a little about conduction and convection and I am having a hard time understanding how the shovelhead can provide conduction based on the temperature that it typically reaches. Would someone mind helping me to understand this?

Hippie

The shovelhead (or diffuser) bowl places the load closer to the heater so you can run at slightly lower temps
Being deeper the injector bowls lead to less mess from stirring

The different screens in the bowls can make a big difference to the flow rate (and how often they need cleaning) and performance too.
I've swapped all my glass screen bowls for mesh screen ones for the more open draw resistance and easier maintenance.

BoB Nesmtih

Right after I posted I found this video that discusses the device, as well as the technique at length. It seems like this is a lot of work to get arguably better extraction

BoB Nesmtih,

crownroyaldaddy

I have the OG flowerpot showerhead

Can I just upgrade the head? Are these new heads a major improvement? I’m 99% dry herb

I am out of the loop but trying to catch up

Last edited:
crownroyaldaddy,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I have the OG flowerpot showerhead

Can I just upgrade the head? Are these new heads a major improvement? I’m 99% dry herb

I am out of the loop but trying to catch up
Coils and pids are the same for all the cannabis hardware products 👍 for the most part 🤔 I’m also a bit out of the loop 😅 go browse the site and see what looks interesting, plenty of people here to answer questions about whatever one you are interested in. I never migrated away from my Vrod but it has no problem getting my as high as I like but others are love these new ball vape heads, something might be up your alley if you check it out.

crownroyaldaddy

Thanks gentlemen. Going to continue my research. It is hard to believe I have had my Flowepot since 2018!!

I do not use it often, mostly due to the stationary nature. But my tolerance is high at the moment and I know that this is the tool that will get me to where I need to be. So making an effort to renew my love for the FP starting this weekend

Glad to hear the parts are interchangeable, I will enjoy my good ol showerhead as I research what’s next.

Getting a cat as prompted me to consider this new heat shield - she goes where she pleases so would like to offer some sort of barrier

Bad Dog

Thanks gentlemen. Going to continue my research. It is hard to believe I have had my Flowepot since 2018!!

I do not use it often, mostly due to the stationary nature. But my tolerance is high at the moment and I know that this is the tool that will get me to where I need to be. So making an effort to renew my love for the FP starting this weekend

Glad to hear the parts are interchangeable, I will enjoy my good ol showerhead as I research what’s next.

Getting a cat as prompted me to consider this new heat shield - she goes where she pleases so would like to offer some sort of barrier
cat huh? might want a big cover for the whole setup
just to show the idea, not the this exact one and just the big tall dome lid. you could make something yourself with making a wood box and covering in metal screening for windows, that won't let them anywhere near it while your aren't present so you can leave it on and not worry 👍

crownroyaldaddy

You are overestimating my craftiness lol

I don’t leave it on constantly, so not too worried about it. I’m sure she can feel the heat, but it’s still just too wide open right now

crownroyaldaddy,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

you probably would be surprised at what you could make with a couple wire clothes hangers a pair of pliers and a few zip ties. not much you can't learn on YouTube these days, doing a job is less about skill and ability and more about being stubborn enough to finish it 👍. my cat got to close only once and never decided to try her luck again so animals can learn as well 😁

Buzzkill361

Good Vibes Tribe
After using the Tomcat cap for awhile I can say in my experience it works pretty good. Having the option to add it on instead of get a whole new head was nice. I don’t have any experience with other diffusers so I can’t compare it to anything else, but it’s definitely been getting the job done. For now I still personally prefer injectors, but this was the easiest way for me give it a try.

Buzzkill361,
Reactions: Timps27

ontopofclouds

yeah I like the bliss as well, the xlr output is a very nice touch I hadn't considered

will probably sell my fpp for one of these, the lack of any cleaning besides your glass is my #1 priority these days

I like their pro models but I'm ocd about keeping shit clean and the pros gunk up to fast inside

Doktor Dub

Are there any thoughts or tips regarding the difference between b1 and f22?

I have the three new heads (f16, 22 and tomcat) here to try out. Before that I was REALLY happy with one b1 (old screens, 3mm Ruby) and one b0 (mix of 3mm and a few 4mm Ruby)

Till now I think about going back, tomcat and f22 not quite as satisfying…

And yes, the wireless stuff looks great but bad for my finances… happy about any thoughts as well

Have a great day!

Doktor Dub,

ontopofclouds

Are there any thoughts or tips regarding the difference between b1 and f22?

I have the three new heads (f16, 22 and tomcat) here to try out. Before that I was REALLY happy with one b1 (old screens, 3mm Ruby) and one b0 (mix of 3mm and a few 4mm Ruby)

Till now I think about going back, tomcat and f22 not quite as satisfying…

And yes, the wireless stuff looks great but bad for my finances… happy about any thoughts as well

Have a great day!
biggest difference between the OG b1 and the f22 is the machined screen on the f22

some people believe it's worse for airflow and could be a reason why you feel it's not as satisfying, you may need to experiment with the airflow a bit

ontopofclouds,
Reactions: Doktor Dub

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Looks like CH dropped some wireless options. Looks really interesting. I like that they have an option for one that connects to your existing pid.

https://www.cannabishardware.com/collections/zenleaf

If I didn’t already own a converted WeedEater to B0, I would probably buy the new wireless version, but the least expensive “Whisper” (no PID), and then needing a new diffuser, brings the price to over $500. I already own 2 PIDS. So cutting the cord would be nice, but not worth it for me.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Doktor Dub
Top Bottom