Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I guess thats easy enough. I’m very tempted but hesitant at the same time. I’ve really dialed my VRod Down to 575 and get thick big hits but it’s with my upside down basket screen hack. If this new piece allows me to to be there or lower with a regular bowl single screen setup I’m in. I really wish they would do the fixed carb cap top thingy.
Nonetheless, it’s nice to see a new accessory for the VRod.

Edit: If I was to order this thing would it make more sense to order VGoodiezs 3mm ruby balls instead of quartz from CH? Rubies are better for this type of stuff…right?

Edit 2: This thing will go on a WeedEater top too…right? I’m pretty sure I’ve got my bottoms swapped at the moment.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
No self control, no willpower, and a couple margaritas made me order the Baller Head last night. I also got the CH 4mm quartz balls but I’m seriously thinking about investing in some ruby pearls. Only problem is you need about 60. I reached out to @VGOODIEZ to see if he would be interested in putting together a 4mm ruby bulk pack. Anybody know any others currently selling 4mm rubies at a reasonable price?

snackmaster

Edit: If I was to order this thing would it make more sense to order VGoodiezs 3mm ruby balls instead of quartz from CH? Rubies are better for this type of stuff…right?

Edit 2: This thing will go on a WeedEater top too…right? I’m pretty sure I’ve got my bottoms swapped at the moment.
I think 4mm would work better based on my experience trying to use 3mm rubies in the vrod head, but that’s just speculation.

As for the WE top, it should screw on just fine, but I don’t see how it’d keep the balls in. There’s no lip to hold a screen.

androponic

vaped.
lastest blog post from CH on the baller head.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Anyone know a good place to get 4mm sic pearls?
I can't vouch for this specific seller:
out of stock now but I got these a while ago from prime and they are legit and work great...:
I can torch em white hot and drop straight into cold ISO no problem...

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'll be waiting on some reviews on the baller and maybe a sale :lol: shipping to Canada is expensive yo!

got my Vrod all warmed up, a shot of Glenlivet scotch standing by, and a grinder full of herb and some tunes playing. my evening is planed! no Weedeater tonight????? just the Vrod at 575, some crackers and a jar of peanut butter for firecrackers

Yung Coconut

I can't vouch for this specific seller:
out of stock now but I got these a while ago from prime and they are legit and work great...:
I can torch em white hot and drop straight into cold ISO no problem...

I wonder how the 6mm pearls would work? Anyone tested larger terp pearls out yet?

I trust the Dnail sic pearls, but 58 of those would be $205... Plus now I waited too long to order the head assembly and they're all out of the $18 quartz pearls. :\

Really wish Cannabis Hardware would just stock some sic, ruby and other pearl types. Feels super janky buying this stuff from unknown vendors.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’ve been thinking about these 4mm Ti balls on Etsy. The artist will even anodize them for you. Anodized they’re about a buck a piece and sold in sets of 10.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/501428...-10-packs-plain?ref=cart&variation0=545749286

I did grab some of the quartz balls from CH, this being my first ball vape, but am I reading correctly Ti has better heat retention than quartz? I don’t have an issue with the flowerpots Ti component flavoring my vapor in any way like some users experience. I have seen that Dave sells 3mm Ti balls for the Terp Torch I believe but worry 3mm maybe to small?Does anyone have experience using Ti in ball vapes?

Yung Coconut

I’ve been thinking about these 4mm Ti balls on Etsy. The artist will even anodize them for you. Anodized they’re about a buck a piece and sold in sets of 10.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/501428...-10-packs-plain?ref=cart&variation0=545749286

I did grab some of the quartz balls from CH, this being my first ball vape, but am I reading correctly Ti has better heat retention than quartz? I don’t have an issue with the flowerpots Ti component flavoring my vapor in any way like some users experience. I have seen that Dave sells 3mm Ti balls for the Terp Torch I believe but worry 3mm maybe to small?Does anyone have experience using Ti in ball vapes?

Oooohhh, this might not be a bad idea. I didn't think of titanium. Might go this route until I can find some affordable sic pearls I trust.

Edit: These ones are grade 5 titanium though. Can they handle the temps?

Last edited:

snackmaster

I have seen that Dave sells 3mm Ti balls for the Terp Torch I believe but worry 3mm maybe to small?Does anyone have experience using Ti in ball vapes?
3mm might actually be fine. My issue with 3mm in the vrod head was they tended to settle in the diffuser holes and cut airflow. Tried to remedy that with a screen on top of the diffuser, but then I couldn't close the head all the way. I'm pretty sure the baller diffuser has the same hole pattern at the bottom, but now there's plenty of room to add a screen.

As for Ti balls, I briefly used them in a terp torch and thought they performed great. Unfortunately I can't compare them to anything because I never tried it with glass balls, but multiple comments in that thread mentioned faster heat up, able to run at lower temps, fewer hotspots, etc.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I crammed the screen in like this, 705C7E93-B0D9-42CA-A6C6-32765F727865.jpeg fit most the balls in, and screwed on the Baller. It fits perfectly back on its threads and doesn’t have much rattle from dead space, though I suppose you could get crafty and put a few more down the chimney and then cap that stack with a friction fit screen. I suppose this may cause some restriction….🤔like a carb cap🤔

The first hit I definitely said out loud, Wow! I used the ShivelHead bowl, screen like NV recommends, just a bit more material than required to cover the screen, PID AT 580! (I’ll probably turn it down another ten degrees), and boom. Two quick, very thick hits, and it was done. I’ve done this 5 or six times now 😁 it seems consistent and the evenness is comparable to the standard VRod with the SH.

I usually run the PID at 575, but I have to run the bowl with an upside down basket screen and a Ti screen on top of the basket screen to decrease the bowl depth and bring the mate closer to the heat. What a pain and I’m glad to be done with that. What else you got CH? Keep it coming!

thevapist

That head looks very interesting, and if you have a VROD already, it's not too much of an investment. Think I'll grab one and some SiC pearls. Why don't I see anyone using SiC pearls, price? They are pretty cheap if you know where to look so I'm just curious.

Also, does anyone know if NV ever got better double weave titanium screens? I had gotten the newer ones a while back and they were severely disappointing in comparison to the older ones. If they are still not that great, does anyone have a link to nice double weave ti screens similar to the old ones?

Thanks.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Here is a pic of the Baller Heads 18 heat dispersion holes on the right. The two on the left are are the 18 & 19 hole WE and VRod bottoms. I am noticing, because of the way they had to tighten up the holes, that the Baller Head requires a bit of stirring between hits. It’s not bad and I stirred before it’s just a bit more noticeable with the Baller Head. I’m still down low at 580 so more heat may remedy this a bit. 879850BD-FA10-495B-AD08-22AD2698D543.jpeg
I also got three more 4mm balls down the chimney and capped that with a screen. I didn’t notice any difference but think it would be worth trying some different sized balls to see if I can’t get a carb cap effect. 2631E348-8992-465D-909D-7AD793063DCF.jpeg

MikeRotchHertz

Here is a pic of the Baller Heads 18 heat dispersion holes on the right. The two on the left are are the 18 & 19 hole WE and VRod bottoms. I am noticing, because of the way they had to tighten up the holes, that the Baller Head requires a bit of stirring between hits. It’s not bad and I stirred before it’s just a bit more noticeable with the Baller Head. I’m still down low at 580 so more heat may remedy this a bit. View attachment 12792
I also got three more 4mm balls down the chimney and capped that with a screen. I didn’t notice any difference but think it would be worth trying some different sized balls to see if I can’t get a carb cap effect. View attachment 12793
I saw someone mention earlier than the smaller and centrally configured airflow is causing the herb to be blown around in the bowl. Are you seeing that at all? Maybe the needing stirring is a result of this.

I'm interested in picking one up, but I was hoping to hear some more reviews first.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I had that exact problem 2 out of 3 times I tried the b rod mod. the balls can block the airflow in part of the head. try adjusting your balls :brow:

edit: might be helpful to put 6mm in the very bottom?????

Top Bottom