Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

someTooL

For the sake of evolution and experimentation I am happy to see CH trying new configurations.

It’s hard for me to upgrade when I continually catch myself saying, “Damn, that was a good one.”

This month marks my 1 year anniversary with the vrod. It and the DCup make a super solid desktop solution for me.

Doktor Dub

Hi dear fellow Flowerpotters :-)

i just have to say that i still love my Showerhead after quite some Years and it is my daily driver which always manages to amaze me - i always talk about it as "not just an amazing Vaporizer but just the best Cannabis consumption system i have tried". I think this description just fits better...

Sooo - while my showerhead is still going strong, i realized that i don t want to be without a working Flowerpot a single day and that the best Vape purchase for me is just another one :rockon:.

I would love to get "all in" and get the V-Rod Premium Bundle with Auber Controller plus the new Baller Head - not because it is needed but because i guess i will love it and appreciate it a long time and i just like the thought to support the Company and show them some love :love:.

If there are any tips how i can get this to Europe as fast as possible - i am all ears.

Have a great day and @newvape918 and @Cannabis-Hardware-Ed - thank you for many great Hits i got with your help and the sucessfull support when my controller didn t work.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
centrally configured airflow is causing the herb to be blown around in the bowl. Are you seeing that at all?
I inspected and and I’m not seeing that phenomenon. I do have a fairly slow and controlled draw.
the balls can block the airflow in part of the head. try adjusting your balls :brow:
I was worried about that problem and I think I’ve remedied it by putting a screen above and bellow the balls. Now the balls can’t settle into the holes. I kind of feel they should have included two screen.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hi dear fellow Flowerpotters :-)

i just have to say that i still love my Showerhead after quite some Years and it is my daily driver which always manages to amaze me - i always talk about it as "not just an amazing Vaporizer but just the best Cannabis consumption system i have tried". I think this description just fits better...

Sooo - while my showerhead is still going strong, i realized that i don t want to be without a working Flowerpot a single day and that the best Vape purchase for me is just another one :rockon:.

I would love to get "all in" and get the V-Rod Premium Bundle with Auber Controller plus the new Baller Head - not because it is needed but because i guess i will love it and appreciate it a long time and i just like the thought to support the Company and show them some love :love:.

If there are any tips how i can get this to Europe as fast as possible - i am all ears.

Have a great day and @newvape918 and @Cannabis-Hardware-Ed - thank you for many great Hits i got with your help and the sucessfull support when my controller didn t work.

I’ve never had a problem getting “Chris” at CH on the phone, you might get a faster, more accurate response on your shipping question.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
My 8 month old newvape PID for my vrod failed the other week. Bit disappointing but that's electronic kit for you.

Vapefiend UK immediately sent me a replacement without sending the defective unit back (from France). They are a great company....

So I had a faulty controller. I hoped I could fix it so I have a back up ...

I am not an electrician so please do not do the following as this brief pictorial is solely for my benefit.......

Bought one of these:

You can select different colours so I picked blue. Blue for my dcup and red for my vrod!
Replacement pid arrived 2 weeks later.

IMG_20210909_132751768.jpg

Dismantled broken PID labelling the wires as I went:

IMG_20210909_133338415.jpg

Fitted new PID and boxed up. Took apart again to fit top and bottom plates right way up and voila, a fully working PID with blue led....

IMG_20210909_134503462.jpg

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Very cool! I've been planning that when my legacy PID does die(over a year so far) just to use it as an excuse to switch all my stuff to standard XLR connections but that looks like a pretty fun project. I've thought for a while that piecing together my owner controller would be a fun way to mess around with some electronics but didn't want to deal with the cost/legwork of getting all the parts together, it's alot easier when it's all there and your just swapping a part out.

Last edited:

710yota

Interesting how it looks like we are moving away from just a V-Rod upgrade and more to a whole new part of the flowerpot ecosystem with all of the new parts, kind of a cool example of how ideas evolve as they are put into action. I'm very interested to see how this continues!

west-elec

Does anyone know if it makes a difference if you exhale through your nose or mouth? Does one get you higher than the other?
Off topic and a few days behind but I understood that the mucus membranes can absorb thc directly, which is how sub lingual tinctures work. So exhaling slowly through the nose should absorb more actives into your blood stream.
Problem is irritation can cause sneezing and the nose to run. Once nose is running it probably isn't absorbing well.
If you are desperately conserving material and only take 1 or 2 hits per session exhaling through the nose will be more efficient. Otherwise not worth the extra irritation.

west-elec,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I pulled my Baller Head apart tonight and wanted to show a picture of the bottom screen I added.

798141E8-1273-4E6D-8EA6-99B11000B15A.jpeg

The 5/8 CH glass bowl screen has been the best so far. I have replaced my 4mm balls with 3mm. 3mm down the chimney too. The screen is a must if you want to go smaller.

As you would expect, quite a few more fit in. There is a bit more restriction, which I want, but still very open. One other plus is less of a ring of green around the bowl and now the bowl requires less stirring. I’m still low at 580 and getting nice even golden AVB.

Edit: Big forget here. :rolleyes: 🌬️ I’m not using a carb cap 🎆

Last edited:

Vasgas

Slightly annoyed they didn't hold off on releasing the head assembly until the accessories were ready.

Shipping $$$
I noticed this too. Does not feel like they had these accessories planned. Started without even a screen, then says screens are a must. Then, a screen nut, with possibly a different carb cap? Looking a lot like piecemeal solutions but it's CH for gods sake. I must be overthinking this :doh: . I'll wait for all the accessories to be announced, then add them all to the shopping cart:clap::clap:

710yota

I've noticed that CH seems to go pretty quick to production and then refine the design more as it gets more usage. Personally I don't mind this at all as it leads to them being a little bit more expirmetal and brings some interesting products to us like the baller head or the 12v PID but I can see how this would be off putting to people who don't come into things thinking this way.

Vasgas

I've always thought that experiments and testing are done by the manufacturer, prior to launch? If a product needs to go through user testing before launch, it's called beta testing stage? I learned all this from reddit and FC tbh so i could be wrong? The 12v PID was teased many times during testing. CH said they wanted to thoroughly test it before launching. Quite different with the baller. Just saying

Yung Coconut

I've noticed that CH seems to go pretty quick to production and then refine the design more as it gets more usage. Personally I don't mind this at all as it leads to them being a little bit more expirmetal and brings some interesting products to us like the baller head or the 12v PID but I can see how this would be off putting to people who don't come into things thinking this way.

They could have had a couple people here beta test it for a few weeks and would have come to the same conclusions.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
When I fell in love with CH it was the innovation that drew me in. They have had products I think are brilliant and others that I find less appealing. For two years it has felt like all that forward progress and innovation was drying up. Many of the products I wanted were no longer in production. They were experimental and ended up not fitting the market maybe because the cost of production just didn’t make sense, probably. This stuff looks expensive 😂

I guess I buy this stuff out of FOMO. Think Am/pm stand, dual pid stand, AVB Can, all the OG VRod carbs, dish choices, you know. If there is a version 2 of the Baller Head I’ll have something to compare it too and not have wonder about what y’all are talking about. With CH there is always a certain level of experimentation and personal customization that is expected. I personally embrace it and love to support it.

Is it possible to stretch the 20mm coil too much when getting rid of the Weedeater rattle? I’m worried I’ve stretched the coil too much and it’s impacting heat transfer to the bowl

Bettertomorrow227,
Reactions: Vasgas

Vasgas

Is it possible to stretch the 20mm coil too much when getting rid of the Weedeater rattle? I’m worried I’ve stretched the coil too much and it’s impacting heat transfer to the bowl
I believe you'd have trouble screwing the WE together if you overstretched it. Other than that, a better contact will only positively impact heat transfer. Just do it bit by bit and be careful. Remember it will expand a wee bit too, when hot so take that into consideration.

Vasgas,
Reactions: tb42091
Top Bottom