Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

JCat

Accessory Maker
Maybe I should start making adapters ... :lol: ...
In regards to this post, if I can get a minimum of 4 people to pre-order, then I will build these adapters. I'm just not sure there will be any interest based on the cost or time it will take.

I've tried to source the female end for the NewVape coils, but have failed to find anything! (I've even put an RFQ out on Alibaba! ... lol) Really hard to find these reverse 5 pin docking aviation connectors!

I think the best bet is going to be to just build them using the NewVape adapter cables as a base; so my costs will be as follows:
- $13.50 NewVape extension cable
- $7 XLR connector (I'm going to order a bundle of these I think from China, but in the meantime, they aren't cheap)
- +shipping ($40 => $25 for NewVape + $15 for XLR connectors)

So ... cost per cable is $20.50 + shipping which will vary based on # of people ordering. @ 4 people though, that is $10 each for shipping, for a total cost of $30.50 (my cost) per cable.

I believe $15 per cable is fair for effort to build, coordinate, and ship each one. So based on 4 orders, that would be $45 per cable. That's more than a coil!!!!!!

Alternately, if I was to just provide modded coils with the new end, you'd be looking @ $38.50 + shipping, or based on 4 orders $63 per coil.

This seems like it's too expensive to me ... if I do end up finding a source for the GX16-5 reverse docking female aviation connectors from China, then I could get the cost down to about $25-$30 I would guess which would be more reasonable, but I wouldn't be able to have any ready until end of June at the earliest (since it will take a month or more to get parts from China, or if I wanted them quicker then the cost of shipping would be such that it would be no cheaper than above option)

Anyways ... just thought I'd throw this out there, as I'm sure there are many of you that have a dilemma such as I, if you ordered or are ordering a VRod, in that you want the properly fitted coil but want to use your existing PID which is wired with standard XLR.

Oogendoogan

In regards to this post, if I can get a minimum of 4 people to pre-order, then I will build these adapters. I'm just not sure there will be any interest based on the cost or time it will take.

I've tried to source the female end for the NewVape coils, but have failed to find anything! (I've even put an RFQ out on Alibaba! ... lol) Really hard to find these reverse 5 pin docking aviation connectors!

I think the best bet is going to be to just build them using the NewVape adapter cables as a base; so my costs will be as follows:
- $13.50 NewVape extension cable
- $7 XLR connector (I'm going to order a bundle of these I think from China, but in the meantime, they aren't cheap)
- +shipping ($40 => $25 for NewVape + $15 for XLR connectors)

So ... cost per cable is $20.50 + shipping which will vary based on # of people ordering. @ 4 people though, that is $10 each for shipping, for a total cost of $30.50 (my cost) per cable.

I believe $15 per cable is fair for effort to build, coordinate, and ship each one. So based on 4 orders, that would be $45 per cable. That's more than a coil!!!!!!

Alternately, if I was to just provide modded coils with the new end, you'd be looking @ $38.50 + shipping, or based on 4 orders $63 per coil.

This seems like it's too expensive to me ... if I do end up finding a source for the GX16-5 reverse docking female aviation connectors from China, then I could get the cost down to about $25-$30 I would guess which would be more reasonable, but I wouldn't be able to have any ready until end of June at the earliest (since it will take a month or more to get parts from China, or if I wanted them quicker then the cost of shipping would be such that it would be no cheaper than above option)

Anyways ... just thought I'd throw this out there, as I'm sure there are many of you that have a dilemma such as I, if you ordered or are ordering a VRod, in that you want the properly fitted coil but want to use your existing PID which is wired with standard XLR.
I mean if I had to, I would pay for the more expensive option you explained. I would rather not spend that much but it’s not like unfair or anything. I would be willing to bet others would pay too. But I can understand you want to make it cheaper. I personally will only get the Vrod if it is clearly better then the showerhead for flower which I do not think it will be. But I just wanted to comment and say your first and more expensive solution wouldn’t be too expensive if i were buying a VROD.

Edit: the option I think would he best would be the full modded coils for $63 a coil. That’s what I was referring to.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I mean if I had to, I would pay for the more expensive option you explained. I would rather not spend that much but it’s not like unfair or anything. I would be willing to bet others would pay too. But I can understand you want to make it cheaper. I personally will only get the Vrod if it is clearly better then the showerhead for flower which I do not think it will be. But I just wanted to comment and say your first and more expensive solution wouldn’t be too expensive if i were buying a VROD.

Edit: the option I think would he best would be the full modded coils for $63 a coil. That’s what I was referring to.
I do think the adapter cable is the much better option than the modded coil, in that the adapter cable can be used for any newvape coils and can then be used for future coils if this one needs to be replaced. So although it's not super cheap @ $45 per cable (in batches of 4), you are correct that it's not that much when considering the entire purchase (and not unreasonable). If I can find a supplier of these connectors for cheap, long term making some for cheaper might be a good option, however, if someone wants a vrod now, I doubt they want to wait 1-2 months for an adapter cable! :lol:

Oogendoogan

I do think the adapter cable is the much better option than the modded coil, in that the adapter cable can be used for any newvape coils and can then be used for future coils if this one needs to be replaced. So although it's not super cheap @ $45 per cable (in batches of 4), you are correct that it's not that much when considering the entire purchase (and not unreasonable). If I can find a supplier of these connectors for cheap, long term making some for cheaper might be a good option, however, if someone wants a vrod now, I doubt they want to wait 1-2 months for an adapter cable! :lol:
Oh ok I understand now. The $45 adapter would be the best choice. I mean I personally would pay for it and wait, but I’m happy with my showerhesd and I’m basically just waiting for reports of the Vrod to come in. If for some reason it’s way better for flower I’ll want it but my SH can hold me over for now. If it’s equal for flower, which I suspect will the case, I will get one maybe this fall just to have a TWAX set up. Maybe you can figure out how to make them cheaper by then but $45 is not unfair at all.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks a lot for your efforts, @JCat !

If I would buy the VRod (first waiting for first reviews on it) I would be interested in your mod.

But as I said before, hope @NewVape710 will order a bunch of his coils D-Nail wired. Without that I'm pretty sure a lot of people who are generally interested in the VRod wont buy one bc of the hassle with the coil pins and the lack of alternatives. Not everyone like me is interested to buy a NV controller just to fire the VRod. But a lot of people like me would buy a NV coil in addition to be sure it fits to the VRod if they would be offered d-nail wired.

camillasappho

Shout out to Lori and Ed at NewVape for real y’all, I ordered my kit on a Tuesday and they even played phone tag with my high ass and got me my stuff the next effing day. I love, love, love this thing!! Me and my squad are just now coming up for air. I used so little flowers and we all just sat around fondling this beast and grinning.

Alexis

Shout out to Lori and Ed at NewVape for real y’all, I ordered my kit on a Tuesday and they even played phone tag with my high ass and got me my stuff the next effing day. I love, love, love this thing!! Me and my squad are just now coming up for air. I used so little flowers and we all just sat around fondling this beast and grinning.
That's more liie it. So many underwhelmed impressiions I have seen just of late of the FP and SH in particular. A few new users seemingly not overly impressed. A good few complaining of taste disappointment.
And also some older users basically no longer favoring the SH. In a growing number of cases the Glass Symphony is now being preferred categorically.

So it is always nice to see the kind of new user reports I would expect and hope to see for such an excellent device.

May you long be very happy with your new kit!:)

DrRishi

So now NV has given me a new dilemma. I have the standard Flowerpot currently using a SIC dish and the Showerhead. My wife is more into the concentrates and therefore uses the SIC dish and I am more into weed so I use the Showerhead. How do I justify to myself (the wife will be a different story!) that I now need a VROD. All suggestions welcome!

Oogendoogan

That's more liie it. So many underwhelmed impressiions I have seen just of late of the FP and SH in particular. A few new users seemingly not overly impressed. A good few complaining of taste disappointment.
And also some older users basically no longer favoring the SH. In a growing number of cases the Glass Symphony is now being preferred categorically.

So it is always nice to see the kind of new user reports I would expect and hope to see for such an excellent device.

I watch this thread pretty much all the time. Really haven’t seen many complain about the SH.. or have any issues with it really. I also own a GS and while it’s great, and maybe a faster extractor than the FP, it sure doesn’t taste as good. At least for me. I also don’t notice any of the other members who I know have a GS and a FP who dont use both. I mean I’m sure there’s one or two that I do not know of but I know of a few users who own a SH and a GS and they frequent both threads. Personally I like the SH for every day use and flavor. If I’m gonna test a new strain the SH is my top desktop choice. The GS I use when I just wanna get smashed. Pack .2 and watch it die in the glass bowl. They are both great devices but I haven’t seen anyone who thought the GS rendered the FP useless. The GS is huge and annoying to use because of the table space it takes up. Also no stand available for it. Unless you wanna make your own. I guess I just don’t want people to get the wrong idea from you. I have yet to see anyone complain about the SH and say it isn’t strong enough. Even GS owners who are used to a faster extracting vape. It’s strong as hell but the SH can keep up and IMO it doesn’t taste nearly as good as the SH. Anyways I just wanted to share my opinion because I have both on my desk now. The FPSH is my daily driver and by far my favorite vape. Hope your having a good day. I’m about to wake and bake with my SH and some sour diesel. Hope everyone is having a good day. Stay vaped :leaf:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
So now NV has given me a new dilemma. I have the standard Flowerpot currently using a SIC dish and the Showerhead. My wife is more into the concentrates and therefore uses the SIC dish and I am more into weed so I use the Showerhead. How do I justify to myself (the wife will be a different story!) that I now need a VROD. All suggestions welcome!

Add the battery pack & cage and tell her you need a 2 go setup for holidays...it will safe u tons of weed in the long run :D :D

Alexis

I watch this thread pretty much all the time. Really haven’t seen many complain about the SH.. or have any issues with it really. I also own a GS and while it’s great, and maybe a faster extractor than the FP, it sure doesn’t taste as good. At least for me. I also don’t notice any of the other members who I know have a GS and a FP who dont use both. I mean I’m sure there’s one or two that I do not know of but I know of a few users who own a SH and a GS and they frequent both threads. Personally I like the SH for every day use and flavor. If I’m gonna test a new strain the SH is my top desktop choice. The GS I use when I just wanna get smashed. Pack .2 and watch it die in the glass bowl. They are both great devices but I haven’t seen anyone who thought the GS rendered the FP useless. The GS is huge and annoying to use because of the table space it takes up. Also no stand available for it. Unless you wanna make your own. I guess I just don’t want people to get the wrong idea from you. I have yet to see anyone complain about the SH and say it isn’t strong enough. Even GS owners who are used to a faster extracting vape. It’s strong as hell but the SH can keep up and IMO it doesn’t taste nearly as good as the SH. Anyways I just wanted to share my opinion because I have both on my desk now. The FPSH is my daily driver and by far my favorite vape. Hope your having a good day. I’m about to wake and bake with my SH and some sour diesel. Hope everyone is having a good day. Stay vaped :leaf:
Thanks for your insight I know you know your vapes extremely well. I agree with you totally, I was personally very impressed with the taste I got from the SH. I loved everything about it. It is still to date, without question my favorite ever vape, and I have sung it's praises far and wide and will continue to do so despite not actually being able to use the device myself.

The GS I only used for 24 hours. However, I was just not nearly as impressed with the GS in that short time as I was with my first use of the Showerhead where it was love at first toke.

It hurt to not be able to tolerate something I enjoyed so immensely. The GS, obviously I didnt give it any sort of fair test, but on all counts I much preferred the SH myself.

So it has just surprised me to see at least a few sonewhat unsatsified (or rather, not as satisfied or emphatic as I would expect) new users of late. Admittedly not from this thread or forum where I have seen taste being criticised by several people.

And there are a few exoerienced users who seem to favor the GS clearly for mixed reasons. Again, elsewhere I have picked this up. I like to follow the goss on all the big guns. So I have just taken notice of the few mixed reports I see coming in where people dont seem to appreciate the Showerhead for all it's glory, when I expect new users to be blown away and over the moon, as they ceratinly should IMO.

So I think my post above was a bit misleading and I hope the context is a little clearer now,
Hell I dont wanna give anybody the wrong impression either. The FPSH is amazing and is in fact my top recommendation for both a medical and reacreational device.

Anyway bro take care and have great fun with your SH today, keep that Flowerpot love coming!:tup:

Oogendoogan

Thanks for your insight I know you know your vapes extremely well. I agree with you totally, I was personally very impressed with the taste I got from the SH. I loved everything about it. It is still to date, without question my favorite ever vape, and I have sung it's praises far and wide and will continue to do so despite not actually being able to use the device myself.

The GS I only used for 24 hours. However, I was just not nearly as impressed with the GS in that short time as I was with my first use of the Showerhead where it was love at first toke.

It hurt to not be able to tolerate something I enjoyed so immensely. The GS, obviously I didnt give it any sort of fair test, but on all counts I much preferred the SH myself.

So it has just surprised me to see at least a few sonewhat unsatsified (or rather, not as satisfied or emphatic as I would expect) new users of late. Admittedly not from this thread or forum where I have seen taste being criticised by several people.

And there are a few exoerienced users who seem to favor the GS clearly for mixed reasons. Again, elsewhere I have picked this up. I like to follow the goss on all the big guns. So I have just taken notice of the few mixed reports I see coming in where people dont seem to appreciate the Showerhead for all it's glory, when I expect new users to be blown away and over the moon, as they ceratinly should IMO.

So I think my post above was a bit misleading and I hope the context is a little clearer now,
Hell I dont wanna give anybody the wrong impression either. The FPSH is amazing and is in fact my top recommendation for both a medical and reacreational device.

Anyway bro take care and have great fun with your SH today, keep that Flowerpot love coming!:tup:
Right on man. I appreciate your insite. You have unique conditions and also a very unique Perspective which I appreciate. The GS is awesome but the flavor just doesn’t compare to the FPSH for me. Everything in this world really comes down to personal preference and I can see how others would feel differently than I do though.

The SH is my daily driver because of ease of use. I have an older stand before the awesome crop circle model, and it’s still amazing. It’s heavy as fuck and makes the perfect desktop vaping station. That and a water tool are all I need for a top of the line vaping experience that matches or bests the clouds, flavor and effect I’ve gotten from any other vape. I also love how clean and well made all of the titanium from newvape is. It makes the whole flowerpot system sexy and even more appealing.

I can’t wait for people to get they’re VRODs so I can see a flower comparison. I personally don’t like dish style enails, like the Dnail sic halo or an errlectric or the WAFP. They all have come short to a quartz banger for me. I use a 25mm coil with a flat top banger and a bubble cap.

I also don’t like to mix the flavor of concentrates with the flavor of flowers at all, so that’s why I haven’t jumped on the VROD yet. I know I will end up with one though because with the DNAIL sic dish it’s an attachment that gives me a whole new vaping experience for concentrates and can also do flowers as well as my SH without having to switch heads and wait for cool downs. I think eventually it will be a good upgrade for me, and if it works better than the SH for flower I’ll buy it immediately lol :lol:

Hope everyone is having a great day :peace:

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
V-Rod shipping notification just popped up. I've been speaking with someone via email at newvape and I've been getting very very good customer service fairly promptly, they are busy as heck, I've had to contact them for a few different things and they've helped me out with very positive attitude each and every time.

Keep it up newvape we love the product and we're loving the support we're getting, and we have compassion for those who fell through the cracks a little bit this can happen to anybody and I don't think newvapes doing it intentionally.

juxt

Can I just say that I hope I didn't contribute to that though process as well. I love the FlowerPot and use the WA when I want to get totally smashed with double deckers. I've ordered 2 VRODS, hopefully on their way soon, I've been waiting a while for mine ;) But I do love those NV guys, they do take care.

And, in all fairness, the Glass Symphony will never fully replace the FP for me in any sense, but man that all glass is the cleanest taste I've ever had. I agree that the FP is and can be good tasting..and frankly the SiC dish is the best tasting wax dish I've tried, but I did order 2 Dnail ones with the VROD so we'll see. But that all glass path just wins it for me on pure flower taste, which no one should take as a dig on the FP ... more like a challenge ;) maybe the VROD will BRING IT ... which is what I'd like to see most.
@Alexis

Alexis

Can I just say that I hope I didn't contribute to that though process as well. I love the FlowerPot and use the WA when I want to get totally smashed with double deckers. I've ordered 2 VRODS, hopefully on their way soon, I've been waiting a while for mine ;) But I do love those NV guys, they do take care.

And, in all fairness, the Glass Symphony will never fully replace the FP for me in any sense, but man that all glass is the cleanest taste I've ever had. I agree that the FP is and can be good tasting..and frankly the SiC dish is the best tasting wax dish I've tried, but I did order 2 Dnail ones with the VROD so we'll see. But that all glass path just wins it for me on pure flower taste, which no one should take as a dig on the FP ... more like a challenge ;) maybe the VROD will BRING IT ... which is what I'd like to see most.
@Alexis
Nah not at all bro, but you were close to the mix for sure and I trust that you have seen some of the mixed/borderline initial impressions and old user GS recent preference.

Your own view has been very balanced actually and Im sure is still deep in development as it is such a short time you have acquired numerous top hitters to get to know at once.
Thanks for adding your own perspective have a great day.

camillasappho

Thanks

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I also don't recall any discussion regarding SH performance or flavor issues. Who are you referring to @Alexis? I'd be curious how they came to that conclusion because you can certainly use the SH in a way where the flavor could be compromised by overheating or a bubbler with too much diffusion. With all the temp differences, combinations of material, strains, SH/WA full bowls, single hit loads, etc, really? Poor flavor sounds like the last complaint with the FP.

juxt

Don't call people out, if they feel like it might be them they can man up. I did just try a new recycler and wowza. I do like to do all my stuff through water filtering, piece water in my case, so my flavor experience might be a bit skewed.

Alexis

I also don't recall any discussion regarding SH performance or flavor issues. Who are you referring to @Alexis? I'd be curious how they came to that conclusion because you can certainly use the SH in a way where the flavor could be compromised by overheating or a bubbler with too much diffusion. With all the temp differences, combinations of material, strains, SH/WA full bowls, single hit loads, etc, really? Poor flavor sounds like the last complaint with the FP.
Yeah maybe I should have made it more clear- it has not been in this thread that I observed such reports. Here for sure everyone is very happy, mostly besides some being a little upset with delayed shipping and postal run arounds.

And it is nothing really anyway, nust something that caught my attention a little and surprised me that's all. So I was just happy to see another delighted newcommer and expressed such.

Like @juxt rightly says I wouldnt want to call anybody out, cant even remember who to call out (although there is one particular member here who we all have the utmost respect and appreciation for, with the most vape experience and wisdom out of us all just about (disclaimer- leave me right out!) , who I have made reference to for recently leaning rather strongly in favour towards the GS and other units, over and above the Showerhead.

Again not calling anybody out, I have huge respect for these guys and their opinions which I listen to and learn from everyday.

But actually just to add to this. I had already become aware of at least a few other very experienced and respected members who certainly have some reservations about the FPSH, and have let it go for other preferred devices, for mixed reasons. These type of experiences and unique personal views dont tend to make into public light always in the thread.

Alexis,
Reactions: JCat

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey, if I am asking someone to be called out, my intent is misunderstood. I figure if Alexis felt it worth mentioning, then a conversation about it was also reasonable?

Anyhow, I don't prefer the SH for my reasons (oil vaper), but I would like to understand why someone would complain about the flavor produced by the FP.

Alexis

Hey, if I am asking someone to be called out, my intent is misunderstood. I figure if Alexis felt it worth mentioning, then a conversation about it was also reasonable?

Anyhow, I don't prefer the SH for my reasons (oil vaper), but I would like to understand why someone would complain about the flavor produced by the FP.
No way man we undestand where you are coming from and I didnt take it that way about calling folks out. Sorry for giving you the impression that we got that impression lol!

Im sure in my mind and memory it seems inflated because just not what I expect, but you make very good points above regarding possible reasons for flavour not being top and im sure some of the reports are due to new user acquaintaship and water tool setup etc. Maybe even the herb they scored at the time.
I am sorry everyone for causing a stir. It was just a thoughtless spontaneous expression really when I saw another very happy customer, which I can see gave a misleading impression. Now, on with the regular show!:rockon:

Likes2vape

There’s only been a couple of people who sold the sh that I can think of off the top of my head. @Zow237 and @biohacker I believe sold theirs. I think Zow did prefer the GS and Biohacker is just straight concentrates now.

I got my shipping notice from NV today. Sucks I won’t have the vrod to play with this weekend but it’ll be here next week. Can’t wait to try it out. I’m going to switch out the dnail wa head for showerhead today in anticipation of the vrod. I can’t wait to get it. It’s my dream head, the air flow of the showerhead with the ability to dab off the dnail sic dish. I can’t imagine a better vape.

Likes2vape

I got my bowls in from Stevenlmz today and one fits great and one is slightly out of round so it doesn’t fit. I may try sanding it with some wet sand paper but that sounds like to much work! So like @Pyr0 I got one good one and one that won’t work.

I did message Stevenlmz about it just letting him know as an FYI. I don’t want him to send another bowl and am super happy with the one bowl for $11.

This one fits perfect on all my flowerpots.
jfm7WYx.jpg

This one is slightly out of round and doesn’t really fit. I was able to force it in to the nut but it was pretty hard.
wZRcuoh.jpg

Top Bottom