Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Vaporware

Wow! The VROD LOOKS SICK!. Going to have to order one this week! Hoping for the rest of my return :) so the Auber coil won't work with it?
Nvm it appears it's for the nv coil only. Disappointing

Not *only*, but to machine the V Rod for a close fit with the coil, they had to base it on a coil, and the one they sell is the logical choice...like I said to @MAbud though, I’m sure we’ll get some kind of adapters and/or a list of coils that work; they just have to be about the same size and shape as NV’s coils.

I think you can achieve the same level of vapor smoothness with both, but the SiC is going to taste quite a bit better. The SH is a pretty large dab surface so IDK, maybe it does better with globs vs smaller sized dabs. I really didnt experiment a whole lot with it. I seem to remember even at 580F I was not very satisfied with the experience, seemed too hot. That's what I run my SiC halo at. The higher temps taste like hell and generally make me feel like a gorilla is standing on my chest. A stereo matrix perc will smooth out any harshness related to high terps such as in your live resin.

Thanks, maybe I’ll give it another shot at a bit lower temp on the SH...keepin’ it real though, I’ll probably buy the V Rod before long either way, unless I find that no type of dabbing I try works for me. :)

Still interested in anyone else’s feedback on temps/identifying and overcoming dabbing issues/etc.

Edited to fix a typo.

Last edited:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I never have a need to scrape my SiC or Sapphire halo's. I just q-tip after each dab, and every once in a while I will crank the temp up to 950 F and let things sit for 30-60 minutes... or however long is needed, for any residue to simply bake itself off. You never need anything more imo. I once even forgot I had taken a dab, and left the carb cap and remaining dab sitting in my hot SiC dish for hours... When I returned, it was a gunked up nightmare... 950 F for about 90 minutes and it was/is completely brand new. Time and heat resolves most anything without need of mechanically scraping. You would be surprised!

The main thing that I am concerned about with the vrod is that my experience from dabbing with halo's is that they tend to build up oil in the center tube fairly quickly, so am curious how this might gunk up the showerhead holes putting them in the middle of things... Still ordered one... because it looks too intriguing to pass up... just need to figure out a good coil solution without needing to order a new controller. But we'll see, NewVape might squeeze a controller/coil sale out of me yet. Knowing my luck though, next month they will come out with the universal coil option.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The way I clean my halo in the WA head, just crank that PID up to 1000F and let it cook until the halo is clean, all of the Ti parts will have no residue on it, if there is any? So I think the only thing that really is a concern with gunking up is the FP bowl. I'm hoping the glass bowls don't hold reclaim so I can collect that sweet honey in the dropdown.

thekayo

@VaporWare I found that the showerhead works great around 550-575 for dabs. I can put about 0.2g on the top and get alot of vapor production. Im pretty sad that the v rod just came out a couple weeks after I got the showerhead.

snamuh

ghost
@VaporWare I found that the showerhead works great around 550-575 for dabs. I can put about 0.2g on the top and get alot of vapor production. Im pretty sad that the v rod just came out a couple weeks after I got the showerhead.
Tbh Ime. I dig the sh. I have the way too but don't use it. I don't use either with concentrate as I expected to. I've tried CBD isolate with both but it didn't seem to work out how I imagined. Last night I just put isolate in with my herb it felt that to be a better experience. I have low tolerance to thc so I see how other people like getting blasted from the combination of concentrate and herb but it just doesn't work out for me.

Moving forward I would have got the vrod set up if it was available but I'm not too bummed out about it. I just hope that in the future there's something available to work for all controllers.... Because I got an auber instead of the NV

Alexis

When it comes to New Vape products their is absolutely NO COMPROMISE in anything, at least none that come to mind. If New Vape can make it better they will make it better, it is just a matter of time when a product gets close to perfection. I love this in a company because it is exceedingly rare for any company to be this focused on perfecting their products. I have been nothing but impressed from the very first New Vape product I bought. I love buying from New Vape because I know their product is of a quality no other matches (I love their customer service too -- it's all been good).

The only thing is, it is more expensive keeping up with a company that constantly improves their product line. Sometimes this requires little strategies and small sacrifices to get this gear but it is totally worth it imo.

New Vape has spoiled me because I can't help but use them as a benchmark when judging gear from there companies of all types. There are only a very limited amount of these rare, rare as in seldom seen companies, but I think New Vape is the best of them.

:myday:
This very rare and admirable commitment to continually striving to improve (note that Newvape are probably deep down not actually focussed on perfection, but improvement, as perfection can be be an illusory, mythical concept that can even hold us back and prevent us from reaching ever higher and setting sights further agead again) every single aspect of the system in such an ongoing, uninterrupted, fluid way.....

...this in particular is exactly what really drew my attention to this thread, before I had any intentions of owning a Flowerpot myself.

It was Edwyn's creative and imaginitive brilliance especially that was like watching an artist work, and the way he so rapidly responded with lightspeed developments, ideas and proposals was a thrill to watch.

I mean it all went right over my head I'll be honest haha! Im purely philosophical/spiritual and not material, technical minded at all.

But I had such a fun and interesting time watching the thread flow through those development stages, made so much better by so many of you still here now, who are such dedicated, knowledgable and experienced vaporists al being directly vocally involved in the process.

It was one of the most enjoyable times I have ever had here on FC. Too good to last I guess haha. But yes from the off Steama I was just remarkably impressed with the professionalism and ligtningspeed competence at every stage from concept to refinement to productuon, to re-production....then weeks later newer improved versions....

And you know for sure that the ONLY reason Newvape are not bringing even more new upgrades to the table every day, is simply because they have reached such a high level of "perfection" already :lol:, so it takes a little time for the next step and insight to form in the imagination or naturally arrive.

I mean, we can be sure that they are always improving things at the maximum of their capabilities in the most natural, instinctive manner.
And we certainly can't say that about a lot of other companies, and none I know of to anywhere near this degree of commitment, proactivity and ongoing sheer imaginative brilliance.

So I echo your sentiments entirely Steama. No doubt I would feel some real passion dor the work they do if I was partaking with all you guys of course, but I can admire all the same.

@NewVape710 @newvape918 You guys run a mightily impressive show that's for sure which is so refreshing to see.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Tbh Ime. I dig the sh. I have the way too but don't use it. I don't use either with concentrate as I expected to. I've tried CBD isolate with both but it didn't seem to work out how I imagined. Last night I just put isolate in with my herb it felt that to be a better experience. I have low tolerance to thc so I see how other people like getting blasted from the combination of concentrate and herb but it just doesn't work out for me.

Moving forward I would have got the vrod set up if it was available but I'm not too bummed out about it. I just hope that in the future there's something available to work for all controllers.... Because I got an auber instead of the NV
Just throwing it out there again ... if I can get @ least 4 to commit, I can build adapter cables for $45. To do in less than batches of 4, the shipping costs will be so high as I just can't see it being reasonable ... my best efforts to source the correct ends for the cable from China (or anywhere) have led nowhere, so the only source I currently have is the NewVape extension cable that I can replace the one connector on and rewire accordingly ...

Edit: and if I get more than 4 to commit, then prices come down accordingly ...

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
This very rare and admirable commitment to continually striving to improve (note that Newvape are probably deep down not actually focussed on perfection, but improvement, as perfection can be be an illusory, mythical concept that can even hold us back and prevent us from reaching ever higher and setting sights further agead again) every single aspect of the system in such an ongoing, uninterrupted, fluid way.....

...this in particular is exactly what really drew my attention to this thread, before I had any intentions of owning a Flowerpot myself.

It was Edwyn's creative and imaginitive brilliance especially that was like watching an artist work, and the way he so rapidly responded with lightspeed developments, ideas and proposals was a thrill to watch.

I mean it all went right over my head I'll be honest haha! Im purely philosophical/spiritual and not material, technical minded at all.

But I had such a fun and interesting time watching the thread flow through those development stages, made so much better by so many of you still here now, who are such dedicated, knowledgable and experienced vaporists al being directly vocally involved in the process.

It was one of the most enjoyable times I have ever had here on FC. Too good to last I guess haha. But yes from the off Steama I was just remarkably impressed with the professionalism and ligtningspeed competence at every stage from concept to refinement to productuon, to re-production....then weeks later newer improved versions....

And you know for sure that the ONLY reason Newvape are not bringing even more new upgrades to the table every day, is simply because they have reached such a high level of "perfection" already :lol:, so it takes a little time for the next step and insight to form in the imagination or naturally arrive.

I mean, we can be sure that they are always improving things at the maximum of their capabilities in the most natural, instinctive manner.
And we certainly can't say that about a lot of other companies, and none I know of to anywhere near this degree of commitment, proactivity and ongoing sheer imaginative brilliance.

So I echo your sentiments entirely Steama. No doubt I would feel some real passion dor the work they do if I was partaking with all you guys of course, but I can admire all the same.

@NewVape710 @newvape918 You guys run a mightily impressive show that's for sure which is so refreshing to see.

If one strives for perfection, one can attain excellence.

:peace:

maxymods

Just throwing it out there again ... if I can get @ least 4 to commit, I can build adapter cables for $45. To do in less than batches of 4, the shipping costs will be so high as I just can't see it being reasonable ... my best efforts to source the correct ends for the cable from China (or anywhere) have led nowhere, so the only source I currently have is the NewVape extension cable that I can replace the one connector on and rewire accordingly ...

Keep us updated on price as I would be interested if price is lower with more than 4, but would rather buy a newvape controller and coil it it’s only going to be a 30-40 difference than a coil and adapter from you

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
I ended up buying a newvape controller and coil with the vrod. Will sell my high five enail set.

graydeh1,

Likes2vape

Has anyone had a chance to try one of the glass bowls from Stevenlmz79 yet? I just broke my glass bowl so i'm in the market for a good one to go with the Showerhead.
Yes they work good. You have to order two at a time. I had one that fit perfect and one that didnt fit when it arrived but I made it fit. I have a post on the previous page about it.

abcd5432

I’m at least 95% flower right now, but I’ve never tried SiC and I do have some concentrates I need to use up...seriously considering the V Rod and D-Nail SiC dish.

The reason I haven’t used most of what I have is that putting it on top of flower is a bit much with my current tolerance, and dabbing off the ShowerHead makes me cough a lot and even wheeze a bit.

Any tips for making that a better experience? Would switching from Ti to SiC help with those specific issues? Maybe I need to lower the temp (usually low 600s)...?

Recently @530rasta also mentioned the Ti tools damaging the SiC dish...I don’t know if that was the TAG or D-Nail, but any thoughts on that? Just don’t press too hard? If you do manage to scratch it, is it still safe to use?

I use extremely tiny dabs since I have extreme asthma. I may have to use my inhaler if it gets too bad sometimes. I just microdose.

If I were to do larger globs, I'd probably grab a really big recycler. Probably use my 12 inch DHGate Torus Clone Recycler. That would do the job.

Edit: Great... there are new attachments now? What's a Vrod... I have to go look around
Looks Like I need a new attachment.

Edit2: The battery! Wow, being sick I missed out on a lot! Damn this is cool. Would love to use this outdoors. I need to move to a place where I don't have allergies lol.

Also... errrrr do I need to maintain anything? I feel like I probably should have cleaned something at this point. I haven't even cleaned the bowl. I thought about it.... but then I just scrap out most gunk and I'm good to go. Does the thing just keep changing colors? Do I do something about that?

Last edited:

Vaporware

I use extremely tiny dabs since I have extreme asthma. I may have to use my inhaler if it gets too bad sometimes. I just microdose.

If I were to do larger globs, I'd probably grab a really big recycler. Probably use my 12 inch DHGate Torus Clone Recycler. That would do the job.

Edit: Great... there are new attachments now? What's a Vrod... I have to go look around

Edit2: The battery! Wow, being sick I missed out on a lot! Damn this is cool. Would love to use this outdoors. I need to move to a place where I don't have allergies lol.

Also... errrrr do I need to maintain anything? I feel like I probably should have cleaned something at this point. I haven't even cleaned the bowl. I thought about it.... but then I just scrap out most gunk and I'm good to go. Does the thing just keep changing colors? Do I do something about that?

The color will continue to change, nothing to worry about. It builds up an oxidized layer when heated, and if you precisely control it you can get a wide range of colors (look at anodized titanium - you can find some cool stuff here on the forum even), but the way we’re heating it, unless we try to accelerate the process it will just slowly change over time. :)

Cleaning is up to you. I’m not aware of any negative effects from flower or concentrate buildup in the bowl, other than potentially affecting the taste of later loads a little, so as long as the screen’s not clogged and you don’t accidentally combust your materials, you should be fine cleaning as frequently or infrequently as you’d like.

Thanks for the suggestions too! It’s very possible some of my issues with dabs have come from using smaller glass pieces, so next time I’ll try the largest one I have and see if that helps. I’m already using tiny dabs, but my guess is the temp’s the largest issue, maybe followed by the glass.

abcd5432

The color will continue to change, nothing to worry about. It builds up an oxidized layer when heated, and if you precisely control it you can get a wide range of colors (look at anodized titanium - you can find some cool stuff here on the forum even), but the way we’re heating it, unless we try to accelerate the process it will just slowly change over time. :)

Cleaning is up to you. I’m not aware of any negative effects from flower or concentrate buildup in the bowl, other than potentially affecting the taste of later loads a little, so as long as the screen’s not clogged and you don’t accidentally combust your materials, you should be fine cleaning as frequently or infrequently as you’d like.

Thanks for the suggestions too! It’s very possible some of my issues with dabs have come from using smaller glass pieces, so next time I’ll try the largest one I have and see if that helps. I’m already using tiny dabs, but my guess is the temp’s the largest issue, maybe followed by the glass.

I think the whole "you have to use a tiny piece!"thing is way overblown. People should use what they need.

I see micropieces all over reddit now, and if you try to use anything larger it's like you're committing some evil sin. I'd rather be able to vape than have asthma attacks directly after hitting a micro piece all in the name of flavor.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

I'm in, even happy to throw you the dosh up front. I am however in the UK so when you calculate the postage please keep that in mind. Also chuck an extra 10% on for your efforts bud.

Alexis

Hi can I just ask you about this briefly please? I just wonder in general if you find concentrates/rosin to be more aggravating to respiratory symptoms vs flower?

I have severe unusual respiratory symproms myself with nightmare allergies, as well as asthma, except it isnt really true asthma.

It is certainly my intention to try rosin out when I can get it together. If a decent press kit was much cheapee I would be on it a lot sooner.
However I have never dabbed rosin, and for all I know it may be worse for my allergies. I dont even want to waste any money on hair straightners to find out I cant use rosin, so I am just seeing how others with respiratory issues fare with rosin vs flower.

If you have any thoughts and have time to share just a few words TIA and have a great day.

Top Bottom