• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Camouflet Convector

DocNicksche

I promised you a photo. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks! 🙂
Okay...way more material than I use. The "top part" of my bowl looks exactly like yours. A little bit charred and the rest is also the same brown tone... But, the lower part is still almost green after 3 -4 heat cycles and hits 🤷‍♂️
I got better results now, that I use the technique described in the camouflet Post and by tapping the bowl against my lighter or something between hits, like others suggest.
I guess I just have to fine-tune it a bit more and maybe work on my inhale speed...maybe I start too strong 🤔

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Way more material than I use.
Hehe, and much more than I'd anticipated, too. In my defence, I absent mindedly jammed the bowl into the grinder without too much thought and accepted the results.

I was thinking (as I inhaled gingerly, staring down at the vapour in the rattlecan) how much easier it is to regulate draw speed when you can see the density of vapour. It's kind of essential to the successful use of many brick style butane vapes. If you have a Dynavap WPA and relatively small glass/ a JHook, I think it could really help.

Anyway best of luck, and thanks for the inspiration. This is now my preferred method for using the Convector.

leanpubpackage

I’ve removed the convector from my rotation not because of the lack of performance, but due to the number of times I end up combusting from being overzealous with the heating. Cloud chasing is absolutely possible but requires a substantial amount of patience

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Cloud chasing is absolutely possible but requires a substantial amount of patience
I'm with you on this. Cloud chasing with a. Convector is like cloud chasing with the Vapman, or tuning up a 1 litre Corsa to clear 120mph. Possible. But kind of misses the point of their intended use. The Convector's strength is its flavour

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I’ve removed the convector from my rotation not because of the lack of performance, but due to the number of times I end up combusting from being overzealous with the heating. Cloud chasing is absolutely possible but requires a substantial amount of patience
I can sympathize. As someone who exclusively heats with the Wand I can say that to be consistently foolproof and not combust, I'm relying on a system of counting flashes of the Wand. I get really good results but it does require some concentration which subtracts a bit from the overall enjoyment. Not to mention counting gets a bit more difficult the higher you are 😛

For those of you using a torch I guess you either have to use some kind of timing method or maybe the "heat to red hot and then wait a couple of seconds" method that was recently described by Camouflet. The window between a great hit and combustion is narrow it seems.

ondemander

Very impressed with this vape. Easily on par with Omni tips and low temp cap for flavor. The airflow seems better too. The air is hotter than the Dyna though even through the Revolve V2. It does retain heat more than Ti but with less conduction it has similar extraction speed. Hits hard and for me is easy to use with the wand and SK insert. You can even just leave the vape in the wand while taking a 2nd hit. Haven't combusted yet, it seems pretty forgiving as long as you test the vapor and don't push it to far.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Here is a video of the Convector being heated with the Inductor. In a perfect world, we would've liked to have been able to release both devices simultaneously, sharing our full vision from day one. The Convector was designed to be optimized when paired with our Inductor heater and here we can see them shine together.

Last edited:

seedy53

Got my 2 Convectors for 420. Lost one of the caps on the second day, Watch out they don't seem to fit as tightly as Dynavap caps. I've had over 10 Dynvaps over 5 years and never lost a cap. Maybe it's just bad luck, but be careful with these.

Anyway I've got several IHs, it's really difficult to get this thing "dialed in" with an IH. I'm now only using it with my YLLvape IH since that has a somewhat effective temperature readout. Ive combusted over and over with my Brute from Pipes, which is my favorite when using Dynavap, but I've also combusted a few times in the YLLvape IH. Taste is definitely very good when you heat it to the right temp AND the low draw resistance is very nice, much "free-er" feeling than a Dynavap. But this thing really needs a shallow bowl IH to hit right. I still kind of need to see the tip to know when to stop, and the Brute is just too deep to see what's going on.

Also, with that single bore tube, the vapor is going to be HOT. The quad bore is OK but nothing beats my JoeKing Assassin stem with a Simrell Stinger. With a really nice cooling stem, this is a fantastic vapor experience, when you get it dialed in.
joeking stem was it stainless or titanium?

seedy53,

seriousTone

Here is a video of the Convector being heated with the Inductor. In a perfect world, we would've liked to have been able to release both devices simultaneously, sharing our full vision from day one. The Convector was designed to be optimized when paired with our Inductor heater and here we can see them shine together.

It'd be interesting to see how the herb looks.

seriousTone,

DocNicksche

My new convector setup :tup:

A week or so ago, I decided to toss the "trainingwheels" and go for it 😉
Initially I was using the convector with a short dimpled glass stem. It was good to see the vapor and get a feeling for it. Also, it is easy to clean in case of combustion.
I wouldn't say it was a hot vape with the glass stem, but compared to the new stem, it was definitely warm when entering my mouth and throat. First hit with this Setup I thought I need to reheat, since I didn't feel anything during inhaling...until I exhaled a huge and tasty cloud!:o

... I think I found the right setup for the convector! :clap:

coolbreeze

Gotta say I really like this vape. The head-on heating method shown above gives a full, even, flavorful roast. Quick and simple, great high.
IMG-4858.jpg

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Gotta say I really like this vape. The head-on heating method shown above gives a full, even, flavorful roast. Quick and simple, great high.
IMG-4858.jpg
Agreed. I pulled it out last night and got quick tasty hits with the wand using a counting of flashes technique. Very consistent and flavorful.

It has the same convection signature as the Stunner but I think of it as a "baby" Stunner. Smaller bowl and quicker heat up and cool down times.

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Y'know, I need to take this thing outside. I bet it's a cinch under the trees. It's probably easy to use at a cafe table, etc.
Yup, I would think so. It matches really nicely with my Omni body and Simrell Stinger so it's a rugged vape to bring out and about. Plus it's really quick to straw load and hit it. It's definitely in my rotation.

coolbreeze

Yup, I would think so. It matches really nicely with my Omni body and Simrell Stinger so it's a rugged vape to bring out and about. Plus it's really quick to straw load and hit it. It's definitely in my rotation.
Sounds nice--you've got me thinkin'!

EDIT:
Looks great on the M+ Classic stem:
IMG-4866.jpg

Last edited:

DocNicksche

Aww...come on! 😭 ... I bought mine off somebody who went for that BOGO Deal.
I want something cool too! 😭

🤣 ...just kidding! Nice move from camouflet to honor the early adaptors 👍
Unfortunately I'm not really one of those, since I didn't order directly from camouflet...had too many bad experiences with customs when ordering stuff from canada 🤷‍♂️

But, I'm very curious! 👀 ... hopefully somebody shows them goodies 😁

coolbreeze

Aww...come on! 😭 ... I bought mine off somebody who went for that BOGO Deal.
I want something cool too! 😭

🤣 ...just kidding! Nice move from camouflet to honor the early adaptors 👍
Unfortunately I'm not really one of those, since I didn't order directly from camouflet...had too many bad experiences with customs when ordering stuff from canada 🤷‍♂️

But, I'm very curious! 👀 ... hopefully somebody shows them goodies 😁
Hah. I'm waiting for the same thing--or for mine to land, whichever comes first!

Top Bottom