Camouflet Convector

seriousTone

Got that email as well and am very curious and grateful to Camouflet for even anything. So far coming through to what they said about taking care of early adopters even though I didn't think about it or expect anything at all.

Very cool of them!

Also excited about that desktop heater coming soon? The thing is, I need to find space for it...

Camouflet

Manufacturer
New products in the pipeline have finally landed!

We are pleased to share the new Convector Stainless Steel and introduce the Convector Titanium Kit and parts.

Titanium Convector:

With the success of the OG Stainless Convector, we wanted to take it one step further and offer an upgraded material option. Titanium is the perfect fit for the Convector making it lighter, more durable, and producing even better flavors. It has quickly become our personal go-to when choosing between devices. You'll find the heating profiles are similar and both units function when using induction. Combined with our ceramic airpath tubes and minimal o-ring area, the Convector Ti is one of the most inert devices on the market.

tubevape.205_1_ab9a7897-abe2-41b2-a9df-75558225356b.jpg

Features and updates on Both Units
  • Camo Cap - Precision heater plate assembly. Our factory had to create a specialized custom piece of equipment for our screen placement requirements. The first heater plate in the cap housing is now set at 1mm distance off of the intake holes. After much testing, we found that this small space is pivotal in the optimal Camo cap performance. It makes the cap more forgiving to heating. The heater plates are now laser welded into place with 3x small "dot" markings on the outside of the cap. This will remove the possibility for plates to get dislodged and keep the cap from getting "stuck" on the chamber.
  • Stem - 8mm precision bore throughout. Add the chamber or mouthpiece of your preference to either end of the stem. Better fit and ease of assembly for the ceramic tubes and o-rings. Mouthpiece taper has been improved for better fit into 10mm glass joints.
  • Chamber - The ceramic tube can now be inserted into the back/male connection side of the chamber allowing for a single o-ring for assembly, seen below. The chamber connection has also been extended for a more secure connection to the stem. Assembly tip: make sure to align and center the chamber and stem connection points when inserting the chamber into the stem to avoid damaging the chamber o-rings.
Convector_1x_o-ring.jpg

Deals Deals Deals and more Deals! We've created several offers to cover all customer segments.

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE - Available to everyone - Use discount code CAMOBOGO at checkout to receive a free Convector OG unit when purchasing 1x New Convector Stainless steel or Titanium Kit. Please note, you must also add the Convector OG unit to your cart at checkout for the code to work. Offer ends July 17, 2023.

DISCOUNT CODE FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS ONLY - If you've purchased a Convector Kit or parts at any point before today you can use discount code "CAMO40" for 40% off a new Convector Stainless Steel or Convector Titanium Kit or parts. Discount not applicable to any other products, code valid until July 17, 2023.

DISCOUNTED CONVECTOR OG - Convector OG Kits and parts are now listed at a discounted price - please visit the Camouflet.com website for pricing. PLEASE NOTE - Convector OG Kits and parts are now final sale, with no refunds, exchanges or warranty coverage.

To all our Camo Team members, your early adopter kits have been shipped and contain 1x Convector Stainless Steel Kit and 1x Convector Titanium Kit.

We hope you enjoy these new updates and we look forward to everyone's feedback!

Last edited:

seriousTone

Wow super generous to give out two kits and even great deals for early(ish) adopters and future purchasers, nice!

So @Camouflet , so if im understanding correctly, the first heat disk is pushed closer to the tip of the cap and the others stay the same or are pushed further toward the tip as well?

coolbreeze

Wow super generous to give out two kits and even great deals for early(ish) adopters and future purchasers, nice!

So @Camouflet , so if im understanding correctly, the first heat disk is pushed closer to the tip of the cap and the others stay the same or are pushed further toward the tip as well?
Interesting, I thought he meant the first disc was moved further from the tip and then the rest spaced evenly below? Can't wait to test it out in any case.

rollerskater

yeah it definitely isnt competing with the anvil. i do think it will end up benching my dynavap.
i was right, but what i didnt expect was it put the anvil to bed too! i really get along with the convector as it is, so i love seeing these improvements. i think i have a decent idea of what the new cap is like already; i had to reassemble the heater at one point and put the plates in backward, so the tabs act as standoffs. ive vaped some weed since then so cant remember how pronounced the difference is, but its definitely better. anyway, it should rip, cant wait!

coolbreeze

Last edited:

coolbreeze

What a pleasant suprise today. O My! Somehow I decided not to put an insert in and am just hitting it raw. Enjoying the extra free flow pull actually. Am I wrong for dat?
You ain't wrong! I stuck a Dyna condenser in there just to see if it could be done. Also enjoying the free flow (had the 4-hole in my OG).

I'm trying out the Ti Convector, so far I'm not sure I can identify anything specific yet, other than it does seem generally improved. I feel like I'm getting better results so far--I'm not doing anything special but it seems more productive and forgiving. Refined, I'd say.

Last edited:

seriousTone

Gave the new titanium tip and cap a couple bowls through --- it's not just the stem that's titanium right, the tip and cap are as well? It's just not as big of a color difference as it is on the stem so now I'm double guessing myself.

So far the bowl did seem to hit a bit smoother. I noticed the tip of the cap starts glowing WAY faster which led to a bit of scorching on the top of the load early on, the rest of the bowl did seem to catch up and was fairly consistently dark. I only heated the intake holes but still ran into the problem of the very bottom of the bowl being fairly green and sticky still. Not really a problem for me because I'll just continue to end bowls with a conduction hit or two.

Overall definitely feels like a decent upgrade, I think it cools even faster as well. The machining seems better and the cap fits very snugly now. Thank you again @Camouflet for the hook up!

Camouflet

Manufacturer
As a small company, it's great to see our customers receiving their shipments next day delivery!

Interesting, I thought he meant the first disc was moved further from the tip and then the rest spaced evenly below? Can't wait to test it out in any case.
Correct!

Just as I'm enjoying the OG tip through a rattle-can, thinking about the parcel I'm expecting from Mishawaka and what should I hear but Hang out the stars in Indiana?
So get here quick from Indiana
and when the long, long day is through,
I'll puff a bowl in my Convector,
And float among the stars with you!

EDIT: w00t!
IMG-4884.jpg
Musical Synchronicity at its finest.

What a pleasant surprise today. O My! Somehow I decided not to put an insert in and am just hitting it raw. Enjoying the extra free flow pull actually. Am I wrong for dat?
The Convector sans inner tube offers a satisfying experience with a little more heat that consumers coming from combustion will appreciate.

Gave the new titanium tip and cap a couple bowls through --- it's not just the stem that's titanium right, the tip and cap are as well? It's just not as big of a color difference as it is on the stem so now I'm double guessing myself.
Yes, the Convector Titanium stem, chamber and Camo cap housing are all made of titanium. The titanium parts have a different visual hue and a weight difference, titanium being lighter.

So far the bowl did seem to hit a bit smoother. I noticed the tip of the cap starts glowing WAY faster which led to a bit of scorching on the top of the load early on, the rest of the bowl did seem to catch up and was fairly consistently dark. I only heated the intake holes but still ran into the problem of the very bottom of the bowl being fairly green and sticky still. Not really a problem for me because I'll just continue to end bowls with a conduction hit or two.
If the top of your chamber load is scorching it would most likely indicate too much heat and/or poor airflow through the material in the chamber, too tight of a pack and/or too much material.

Overall definitely feels like a decent upgrade, I think it cools even faster as well. The machining seems better and the cap fits very snugly now. Thank you again @Camouflet for the hook up!
Just wanted to say thank you to you guys @Camouflet the early adopter gifts were very much appreciated
just came to do the same. excited to play w these. truely appreciated. i dig the welded screens
Thank you everyone for your kind words and continued support. We wouldn't be here without you!

We'd love to hear some more feedback and reviews on the Convector updates.

Some more pics of the new Convector Stainless Steel and Convector Titanium for your viewing pleasure. We are happier with the machining on this production run and have gone the extra mile and doubled down on Quality Control.

Convector_Stainless_Steel_and_Convector_Titanium.jpg

Convector_Titanium_and_Convector_Stainless_Steel.jpg

Convector_Stainless_Steel_and_Convector_Titanium_and_Camo_cap.jpg

How would you say this compares to other products in the space? Dynavap, Thermal Accumulator, Anvil, Dani etc.
yeah it definitely isnt competing with the anvil. i do think it will end up benching my dynavap.
i was right, but what i didnt expect was it put the anvil to bed too! i really get along with the convector as it is, so i love seeing these improvements. i think i have a decent idea of what the new cap is like already; i had to reassemble the heater at one point and put the plates in backward, so the tabs act as standoffs. ive vaped some weed since then so cant remember how pronounced the difference is, but its definitely better. anyway, it should rip, cant wait!

Last edited:

seriousTone

If the top of your chamber load is scorching it would most likely indicate too much heat and/or poor airflow through the material in the chamber, too tight of a pack and/or too much material.

I attribute the scorching to just not realizing how fast the titanium tip would heat, subsequent bowls are going nice and smooth.

Loving the coloring on the tip!

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
My early adopter package is going to be delivered tomorrow, according to the tracking app. Although I try and act like it's not a thing - I'll admit to counting down the days for the last fortnight.
Aside from the o-ring/condenser issue (which at times felt like trying to fit an oyster into a parking meter) the OG Convector was bob on. Although I'll admit to ditching the Convector stem/condenser early doors in favour of a Dynavap WPA - so I can't wait to see if I can be persuaded to use it with a proper stem again - as well as the cap refinements.
It's lovely to be thanked by the manufacturers in this way. As far as I was concerned, I was already ahead: I got one of the first batch - which were offered at a discount - and got a great tasting device that's way easier to use on glass than a Vapman, but equally tasty, and almost as much fun. Now they're sending another 2. So to repeat, after I've had a little fiddle myself (and posted here), I'll be passing these along to anyone in the UK who wants to give this great little device a go, on a "pay what you like, free is fine but you can deffo cover your preferred postage" basis. Message me, if you're interested and I promise to reply either way. And remember they've not even actually landed with me yet, so you're probably looking at an August delivery at the earliest.

seriousTone

I was thinking of giving away the stainless as well, but I want people to have to send me the funniest meme or something, I don't just want to randomly ship it to whomever asks first.

But I guess I wasn't sure if I could just create a thread for that purpose or not.

StinKing

I'm finding that the TI tip cools down way faster than the original.

I like to point my flame right at the OG tip until it gets all red, then I pull flame and wait about 3-5 seconds for a bit of cool down and then take my drag.

With TI, if I wait the 3-5 seconds after it gets red, I've noticed that I get very little function. Have to hit it quite quickly after the heat up.

Anyone else experiencing similar? Ofc it would make sense as TI heats up faster and cools down faster, just wondering what other's experience is like with their new caps.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I'm finding that the TI tip cools down way faster than the original.
I was doing well with the Ti mounted on a Revolve stem until my second bowl, when I remembered that if you approach this device with preconceptions/sticky brick muscle memory, it's super possible to combust.

I've internalised a particular response time to throat feel/how the vapour looks that helps me regulate my breathing & prevent combustion, developed whilst using my Noisy Cricket or more recently, the Piro, and maybe the Tasty Tube too.

Using throat feel as way to judge when to increase the speed of your rip is not only useless with the Convector, it can increase your chances of accidental combustion.

Still getting to grips with the new toys btw and not much to report. Very much like the tighter cap. Yet to try with an FMJ. Slightly non plussed by the lack of (new/improved?) O rings and condensers. I guess I should stop being lazy and find out if they adjusted the metal to fit the old condensers, rather than assuming the opposite.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I don't have a IH currently. I am using a single flame aomai and brulee totch.

I have been using the Convector with flower. I got some good hits, I also combusted a few times. This is a vape you can't use on the go. It requires a fair bit of concentration and timing to hit it well. Overall I was starting to think the reward was not worth the effort.

The I tried it with some soft light hashish. Wow.

With hash it is a lot more forgiving. Fantastic taste, and quite smooth. I filled the bowl with hash I broke up with my fingers. A full bowl gave me two sessions. I like it so much I might have to buy more hash just to use the convector. It really fucks you up, and tastes great. It's a completely different vape with hash. Time for a lie down.

Top Bottom