Camouflet Convector

mephisto

I have been using the Ti tip on a Phatpiggie stem and the cooling factor is great. The Ti cools down real fast so I heat til glowing then count 1-2 and hit it. I get 3 decent hits from 1 filling. The flavor is there for the first hit, and then gone. This device is like a micro Lotus that you don't have to keep heating as you hit it.
Cannot wait for the IH.

Zow237

I don't have a IH currently. I am using a single flame aomai and brulee totch.

I have been using the Convector with flower. I got some good hits, I also combusted a few times. This is a vape you can't use on the go. It requires a fair bit of concentration and timing to hit it well. Overall I was starting to think the reward was not worth the effort.

The I tried it with some soft light hashish. Wow.

With hash it is a lot more forgiving. Fantastic taste, and quite smooth. I filled the bowl with hash I broke up with my fingers. A full bowl gave me two sessions. I like it so much I might have to buy more hash just to use the convector. It really fucks you up, and tastes great. It's a completely different vape with hash. Time for a lie down.
This so good to know! I have to grab one of these now! I just started making bubble hash with my home grown. This will be perfect!
Will one of these fit in a futo stash for the M?

Last edited:
Zow237,
Reactions: Adobewan

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I don't have a IH currently. I am using a single flame aomai and brulee totch.

I have been using the Convector with flower. I got some good hits, I also combusted a few times. This is a vape you can't use on the go. It requires a fair bit of concentration and timing to hit it well. Overall I was starting to think the reward was not worth the effort.

The I tried it with some soft light hashish. Wow.

With hash it is a lot more forgiving. Fantastic taste, and quite smooth. I filled the bowl with hash I broke up with my fingers. A full bowl gave me two sessions. I like it so much I might have to buy more hash just to use the convector. It really fucks you up, and tastes great. It's a completely different vape with hash. Time for a lie down.

There is a big downside to using the conventor with hash. It gets completely gunked up. It needs a soak in iso after every bowl. Hmmm

oddjobold,
Reactions: Zow237

StinKing

Any update on the IH? The website says that it will release in June and we almost into August.

StinKing,

Timoneer

Timoneer,

Orvaxxx

Hey, I'm a beta buyer for the IH as well. Camouflet posted an update on the Conductor thread Aug 1st. They said that they're finally getting ready to send out final emails.

Post in thread 'Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet' https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/inductor-desktop-induction-heater-by-camouflet.53786/post-1738623
Yes, I saw this, hopefully it will go fast. Hadn’t heard anything for about a month, when he said he would keep us updated.

Orvaxxx,

tashian

I hope that any of the big stores in the EU gets these to this market ASAP! Importing from US is getting more and more complicated.

tashian,

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I got a couple of the BOGO OG Convectors and later a titanium chamber and cap. I've really been enjoying them in conjunction with a glass stem and heated with a torch. (I don't have an induction heater so far.) Lately the Ti + glass was the only vape I would reach for.

Unfortunately I've now dropped two hot caps onto some polyester carpeting, which they immediately started to melt and stick on, so now I'm down to one OG cap.

(content warning: gore)

carpet-caps.jpg

What do you all think, is there any way to salvage these (at least the Ti one, on the right in the photo, not quite as bad)? Though I think even if the outside were completely cleaned up, I'd probably still worry too much about contamination inside the heat exchanger to use it…

friedrich,

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I got a couple of the BOGO OG Convectors and later a titanium chamber and cap. I've really been enjoying them in conjunction with a glass stem and heated with a torch. (I don't have an induction heater so far.) Lately the Ti + glass was the only vape I would reach for.

Unfortunately I've now dropped two hot caps onto some polyester carpeting, which they immediately started to melt and stick on, so now I'm down to one OG cap.

carpet-caps.jpg

What do you all think, is there any way to salvage these (at least the Ti one, on the right in the photo, not quite as bad)? Though I think even if the outside were completely cleaned up, I'd probably still worry too much about contamination inside the heat exchanger to use it…
Maybe try soaking it I hit water + vinegar or some kinda acid that’s safe for the metal? Idk

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Today I found an old WPA that happens to fit the Convector chamber and secured it in there with a larger o-ring. It's pretty nice on a j-hook.

convectors.jpg

Even so, I think I'd like to see a larger version of the Convector oven that could fit directly into a 14mm joint :spliff:

Fox

carpet-caps.jpg

Hi did you get them clean?

Fox,

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Hi did you get them clean?
No, I haven't tried, and don't really have sufficient confidence that the heat exchanger would be completely clean inside, so I'm probably just going to order a couple of new ones.

I want to have extras, because this thing, especially on the j-hook, is pretty much my perfect vape right now (…though I haven't yet gotten to try a ball vape). It's a pleasure to use and really hits with great effect.

friedrich,

simba

@weedanwine
I hope that any of the big stores in the EU gets these to this market ASAP! Importing from US is getting more and more complicated.

Not EU 😒 but still a closer option

simba,

Fox

No, I haven't tried, and don't really have sufficient confidence that the heat exchanger would be completely clean inside, so I'm probably just going to order a couple of new ones.

I want to have extras, because this thing, especially on the j-hook, is pretty much my perfect vape right now (…though I haven't yet gotten to try a ball vape). It's a pleasure to use and really hits with great effect.
Ok, if you do want to try cleaning them. Put them in the oven at 250 degrees with the opening facing up so that nothing flows into the small holes when the plastic becomes liquid. Watch them and take them out with tongs when they are hot wipe everything with a cotton cloth. Then you hold them down again with the tongs and give them a lot of heat with your burner to burn them off. Could go what do you think?

Datoneguy

Hey so im likely picking this up soon.

I was wondering, can anyone compare the ceramic tube with 4 holes vs one? Im debating on getting both but not sure itd worth doing that, i just have no idea how different they are and if those differences are big enough to justify both.

Also, can anyone compare titanium to stainless steel version? Performance differences? Effects and efficiency? Do you find it easier to combust in one over the other? Leaning ti because i like the ti tip for vapcaps over the ss, but i figure this isn’t a vapcap so i wanted to check in here.

Also, can you use the straw method to fill the bowl and empty it by blowing out the material (like a vapcap)? What are instruction for cleaning? Can you just iso, rinse and dry it all? Or are some parts not able to do that? Lastly, does this vape require stirring? If it does, how annoyingnis it to do?

Sorry for all the questions, watching troy and jerry atm, and im pretty onboard with this vape, i just need to do a little more research before i jump on board. Like Troy having trouble with the ti tip and putting it on, it made me wonder if the titanium shrinks or something or if it was just bent a little. Thanks for any info guys, this vape honestly looks liek exactly my cup of tea. Love a heady vape and i hear this has a very heady signature. I almost never hear vapes desribed that way, i always hear about stoney signatures instead. So im pretty hyped to hear the signature here might be more of what i desire out of vaping.

Datoneguy,
Reactions: friedrich

coolbreeze

Hey so im likely picking this up soon.

I was wondering, can anyone compare the ceramic tube with 4 holes vs one? Im debating on getting both but not sure itd worth doing that, i just have no idea how different they are and if those differences are big enough to justify both.
I went with the 4-hole one and never got around to trying the single for...reasons...but the 4-hole's plenty nice, imo. With my new ones I'm just using a Dynavap condenser which works fine. Plus, they fit DV stems so the world's your oyster.
Also, can anyone compare titanium to stainless steel version? Performance differences? Effects and efficiency? Do you find it easier to combust in one over the other? Leaning ti because i like the ti tip for vapcaps over the ss, but i figure this isn’t a vapcap so i wanted to check in here.
I haven't really noticed a huge difference but I've only used the Ti one a bit here and there so far. I want to say my initial reaction was that it felt a little refined. They both seem great.
Also, can you use the straw method to fill the bowl and empty it by blowing out the material (like a vapcap)? What are instruction for cleaning?
Yep. I only fill it 2/3 to 3/4. Helps keep the flavor great and the roast even.
Can you just iso, rinse and dry it all? Or are some parts not able to do that?
Yep. I never washed the cap but I'm not sure it would harm it.
Lastly, does this vape require stirring? If it does, how annoyingnis it to do?
Not really. I did at first--it wasn't too annoying--but it wasn't long before my roasting got even enough to make it unnecessary. I sometimes check/stir if I feel like taking it further.
Sorry for all the questions, watching troy and jerry atm, and im pretty onboard with this vape, i just need to do a little more research before i jump on board. Like Troy having trouble with the ti tip and putting it on, it made me wonder if the titanium shrinks or something or if it was just bent a little. Thanks for any info guys, this vape honestly looks liek exactly my cup of tea. Love a heady vape and i hear this has a very heady signature. I almost never hear vapes desribed that way, i always hear about stoney signatures instead. So im pretty hyped to hear the signature here might be more of what i desire out of vaping.
It's designed as an almost entirely convection vape but heating the sides or going back-to-back will add some conduction, maybe introducing some stoniness. I think it does feel lighter and spacier than a DV for instance. It's really enjoyable.

tashian

Not EU 😒 but still a closer option
Yup. Unfortunately is as complicated buying from UK as from US for the EU...

Datoneguy

About to jump on the convector. Almost contemplating two or one full kit and a cap and tip for one of my dyna stems. Really wanting a small load convection device to juggle between my vapcaps for switching up conduction and convection profiles.

A few questions, contemplating getting both ceramic tubes for them, but im wondering how do you go about cleaning the 4 hole ceramic tube? That’s the main thing im concerned about for that. Ultimately, i’d like something as harsh or less harsh than a dyna, maybe the single hole ceramic is enough for that requirement? But also something as restrictive or less restrictive than a vapcap m, does the 4 hole make it more restrictive than a vapcap? Sorry for comparison here, but its only metric i can maybe quantify with the slightly different traits of the ceramic tubes on offer here (ie 4 hole ceramic restrictiveness vs vapcap and 1 hole ceramic vs cooling if vapcap).

Also, does the cap stay on well and do you have to be careful putting it on? I saw some people mention you can damage it putting it on too tightly but also heard it fell off the device for some people from being loose. I stand while vaping and usually above concrete, so ideally i’d like to not have my cap fall onto that when using it. Is there an easy and reliable way to place the cap on the device without risk of it falling off or of putting on too tightly? Or is it less finicky than im reading it to be?

Lastly, i hear the condensor isn’t easy to put on, has anyone found that lubing the orings with either saliva or skin oil near the nose to help? I find it helps with dynas but this does sound like a tighter fit overall. Im afraid of that process of assembly tbh but im hoping its not as difficult as it’s made out to be. Also, how hard is it to remove the ceramic tube for cleaning? Haven’t seen anyone mention it or how to do it safely. The part that gets me here is that ceramic is less durable than steel, so im hoping this process isn’t so difficult that i break them in the process of assembly or removing for cleaning.

Last edited:

Victarion

Hello guys,
I am trying to order but the discount code for FC members doesn't seems to work.

I have used "EarlyAccess". Should I use something else ?

Thanks and regards,
Victarion.

Victarion,
Top Bottom