Brilliant Cut Grinder

3l3tric

Or as I said, just turn the BCG upside down, why buy a different grinder?!? ;):lol::whip:
To be fair, I actually bought the BCG specifically because I was tired of flipping my old grinder over for minutes on end :lol:

But I also prefer loading my units directly from the catch, so a 3 piece is the minimal I'll go. I'll take having to flip the BCG for a bit each grind over having to deal with dumping a 2 piece onto paper/tray every time I want to load something

warren0728

so i have a regular bcg (along with a herb ripper xl and a flower mill)

i really like the way the bcg grinds but i always load stems directly from the grinder bowl and the regular size bcg's magnetic pole in the center of the bowl makes this difficult. i am thinking of getting a large bcg in hopes that it will be more user friendly for direct stem loading ... will the larger bcg work well loading stems from the bowl or does the magnet pole still get in the way? i'm talking milanna stems, underdog stems and the g43

warren0728,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
so i have a regular bcg (along with a herb ripper xl and a flower mill)

i really like the way the bcg grinds but i always load stems directly from the grinder bowl and the regular size bcg's magnetic pole in the center of the bowl makes this difficult. i am thinking of getting a large bcg in hopes that it will be more user friendly for direct stem loading ... will the larger bcg work well loading stems from the bowl or does the magnet pole still get in the way? i'm talking milanna stems, underdog stems and the g43

Well I don't find that it gets in the way with the regular size, so if it did for you then I would think the large would give you more room, but I prefer to use a scooper or suck up like a straw for stem loading myself...

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
depends what you are loading, my ditanium stem was to big to scoop and so were my cannabis hardware bowls but I'm with @Shit Snacks straw loading or scooping most of the time.......... except my tinymight stems I tip the weed to one side and twist and press it in the weed, then flip upright and tap like a j so the weed falls down the stem into the screen:lol:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well it's a damn fine Blood Red Pucc Grinder then, lol! :doh:

Edit: Just looked it up, and they call it.................Red, lol.

It's really tricky to go by color in any photos, the lighting is a huge factor, honestly to me it just looks like regular red... On Instagram BCG sent me photos comparing the regular red and the blood red I think and the regular amethyst and the light amethyst, I think I even posted them here, it's hard to tell the difference it's very slight and especially if you are not comparing them side by side it's hard to know it all! but I dig my blood ruby

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Well, the 420 bug got me. I don't even vape flower very much, but can appreciate own quality equipment in my arsonal. I just picked up a regular size factory second. With the 420 discount they were only $50 + shipping. I wanted the medium grind so not too many choices. I got a emerald/ruby/emerald.

The only grinder I currently own is a small 4 piece space case. I haven't been liking the wear of the metal as you spin the top of the grinder. I keep thinking I may be getting some Al in my herb. At the time (6-7 years ago) I thought I was buying one of the better grinders.

Aquanaught

I've been scanning back through this thread looking for info on the ETA for the stainless version. Last I had heard it was still a few months away for the stainless w/ aluminum shell version, but I didn't see that confirmed anywhere. Anyone know off hand?

And it sounds like they're also working on a 4-piece version, is that right

Aquanaught,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Aquanaught I sent them a few emails before the 420 sale as I've been hoping for a SS grinder to replace my aging (its gotta be almost 20 years old, now) Space Case. They told me its a few months out yet and advised signing up for their email list.

I did end up springing for one of the factory seconds with a fine plate (onyx/hematite/onyx). Previous feedback has suggested that the factory seconds require a lot of looking to figure out why they are seconds, and with the 420 sale it ended up being a bit less than $60 shipped to me in the US. I'm excited to give it a whirl and see if its a big upgrade over my old space case. I won't post specific brands in this thread as its a model specific thread, but I did look at a few SS options. It seems like BCG is the most consistently recommended grinder, and the handful of people with a BCG and any of those SS options seemed to always prefer the BCG. Plus my space case is so beat up that its hard for me to say, "but muh aluminum" while using it.

People are nuts (imo for used goods, no judgements as its your money to use how you will) on ent exchange so I'm comfortable that even if I want to sell this for a SS BCG in a few months it will be at or very close to what I paid for it.

BallzMcVinegar

Well, the 420 bug got me. I don't even vape flower very much, but can appreciate own quality equipment in my arsonal. I just picked up a regular size factory second. With the 420 discount they were only $50 + shipping. I wanted the medium grind so not too many choices. I got a emerald/ruby/emerald.

The only grinder I currently own is a small 4 piece space case. I haven't been liking the wear of the metal as you spin the top of the grinder. I keep thinking I may be getting some Al in my herb. At the time (6-7 years ago) I thought I was buying one of the better grinders.
Great price. You will notice the upgrade.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Does it still take 5 weeks if you bought a second that has already been produced? Just curious. It was pretty nice of them to discount the seconds also.

BabyFacedFinster,

stonewatcher

Sent an email today to cancel my order so I can take advantage of the 4/20 sale. Went with two Factory Seconds, Fine Plate - Hematite/Onyx/Hematite and Medium Plate - Onyx/Emerald/Onyx

Poor planning on my part but this gets me two complete grinders for a couple extra bucks. I will probably end up keeping all the Onyx Pieces and gifting the medium grinder to a loved one.

Somehow I am more excited than I was after placing my initial order. :brow::lol:
The order arrived earlier today, right on time for festivities. I'll give my initial impressions on this glorious 4/20.

For reference, my daily driver has been the 4-piece "trees" grinder that is often bundled with purchases from Planetofthevapes. I'm sure some of you are familiar with it. I would say it's better than most $20 grinders but nothing to write home about.

This is obviously a premium piece of equipment. The grinder feels like a little piece of art that i'll get to use every day for the rest of my life. The colors really pop and the website does not do it justice. My Emerald plate is gorgeous and makes me wish I had gone with some more vivid colors. Do not let this confuse you, the Hematite / Onyx / Hematite is absolutely stunning. The top is the heaviest piece by far as others have noted. I will never go back to a threaded grinder and that was obvious before I even ground some buds.

My factory seconds are both in amazing condition and I would be hard-pressed to point out the defects other than a small scratch on the lowest chambers center post on the Onyx Bottom. Any other imperfections can only be described as minuscule. A stray line or circular pattern from the machining is all I could identify. I do not believe I would have noticed any of these things unless I was looking for them. Non-Factory-Seconds must be immaculate.

I purchased some extra sticky bud for the occasion and it chewed through it no problem. I loaded about 2x what I would have in the "trees grinder" and I had no problems whatsoever. The fine plane is extremely consistent and makes what comes out of the "trees" grinder look like table scraps compared to the Souffle of fluffy bud that the BCG produces.

The noticeably finer grind led to much denser clouds on my Cannabis Hardware V-Rod, as expected.

Purchasing the second grinder was absolutely predicated on cannabis fueled exuberance and I see no reason that I'll ever use it.

This grinder is an absolute bargain, even at full price. For $50 it feels like theft. I may post a more nuanced review after I put a few ounces through my new Faberge Egg. Do not wait any longer if you are on the fence. Buy this grinder.

Top Bottom