Brilliant Cut Grinder

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Awesome. I have those colors, though not in that order, between my grinders and plates. Let's see a photo if you can!
Brilliant.jpg

TheSandyLorax

Maybe this has been said before but it really improved my experience so I figured I'd share it.

I love my BCG, I bought it after I sprained my finger on a gummed-up space case grinder. Now I will never have that issue with BCG. My only complaint with the BCG is the lack of grip on the lower part. Maybe I have butterfingers but I was always dropping my ground flower everywhere. I saw a pic on Reddit of a large BCG with a silicon wrist band added to the bottom. Although I didn't like the look I tried it and now I won't go back to a bare grinder. The herb chamber feels so much more secure in my hand, and most importantly, I have not dropped my ground flower once!

I hope this helps someone else.

Edit: I can't figure the picture thing out so here is a link: i.imgur.com/X49tz4hl.jpg

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Maybe this has been said before but it really improved my experience so I figured I'd share it.

I love my BCG, I bought it after I sprained my finger on a gummed-up space case grinder. Now I will never have that issue with BCG. My only complaint with the BCG is the lack of grip on the lower part. Maybe I have butterfingers but I was always dropping my ground flower everywhere. I saw a pic on Reddit of a large BCG with a silicon wrist band added to the bottom. Although I didn't like the look I tried it and now I won't go back to a bare grinder. The herb chamber feels so much more secure in my hand, and most importantly, I have not dropped my ground flower once!

I hope this helps someone else.

Edit: I can't figure the picture thing out so here is a link: i.imgur.com/X49tz4hl.jpg

Thanks! Didn't know these even existed. I'm thinking a heavy, wide rubber band might work on my small pocket grinder also. Hope you don't mind if I post your photo for you. Where did you purchase it?

Photo by TheSandyLorax:
X49tz4hl.jpg

TheSandyLorax

Thanks! Didn't know these even existed. I'm thinking a heavy, wide rubber band might work on my small pocket grinder also. Hope you don't mind if I post your photo for you. Where did you purchase it?

Photo by TheSandyLorax:
X49tz4hl.jpg
Thanks for posting the pic!

I received the wrist band with my FlowerPot vape but it is just a standard rubber bracelet (just like the yellow 'Livestrong' bracelets from years ago). Coincidence that it fits the large BCG perfectly.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, so after a couple days I like this grinder a lot. I see why it gets all this attention and it does seem to be a step up from anything I have used before. I have a friend who has been having a problem grinding due to arthritis in his hands. I brought over my BCG and he had no problem using it and immediately ordered the second to the last factory second on the site. He is particularly pleased he won't have to wait for 5 weeks to get it so I am glad there were a couple left. Not the best color combination (for me) but that really doesn't matter that much. All gone now.

So thanks for poking me guys (and girls).

stonewatcher

After stalking the factory seconds for two weeks I grabbed an Emerald / Ruby / Emerald BCG w/ medium plate and added a Fine Emerald plate that I plan to use with my Flowerpot VROD and Mighty.

I have only ever used a generic 4 piece grinder that you’d get for $20. Looking forward to this upgrade and a lifetime of use :rockon:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I like having both, 2.4 inches for the regular as much more effective than I would have thought, but the 2.75 inches of the large is pretty nice too... Looking forward to the supposedly 2.5 inch steel version!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
They have dropped a bunch of new seconds so there should be plenty of choice for 420.

Added: I'll add this here cause nobody has posted after my last, but I have found one bother with my new BCG. The walls of the bottom piece are so high that its is a awkward to empty it into my Chico or even onto a folded piece of cardboard I tend to dump my grinder into before pouring it into a Chico. This is by no means a deal killer, just an inconvenience.

Feel free to reverse any like that might only apply to the first part of this post. :p

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

The walls of the bottom piece are so high that its is a awkward to empty it into my Chico or even onto a folded piece of cardboard I tend to dump my grinder into before pouring it into a Chico.

Well I actually have the perfect solution for you, @Delta3DStudios have there 420 sale going so you can buy this for no more cards:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well I actually have the perfect solution for you, @Delta3DStudios have there 420 sale going so you can buy this for no more cards:
Early on I got the Classic based funnel of this design from him (don't see it on his site anymore), but I found that I rarely used it as it really didn't seem to solve a problem for me. I hardly ever use Classics for ground herb unless going away for a few days with no grinder. Classics for me are for unground nugs mostly. I think the one @RustyOldNail recommended in the post after yours might better serve my Chico needs better and I may have to get me one. I never really needed it before getting the BCG.

cybrguy,

Shit Snacks

Early on I got the Classic based funnel of this design from him (don't see it on his site anymore), but I found that I rarely used it as it really didn't seem to solve a problem for me. I hardly ever use Classics for ground herb unless going away for a few days with no grinder. Classics for me are for unground nugs mostly. I think the one @RustyOldNail recommended in the post after yours might better serve my Chico needs better and I may have to get me one. I never really needed it before getting the BCG.

If you look more closely at what I shared, it is not really a funnel, it does not go on to the jyarz, it connects perfectly to the BCG to pour stuff from it into something else, no need for another funnel with this, I used to use folded business cards before too...

Shit Snacks,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I get it, it just isn't really the solution I am looking for. I frankly am not sure there really is one. The problem is a compromise the designers made so the grinder could hold more ground goods. Not a big deal, really, just an inconvenience. The only solution would likely be a shallower third piece due to less of an angle at the bottom.

Shit Snacks

I get it, it just isn't really the solution I am looking for. I frankly am not sure there really is one. The problem is a compromise the designers made so the grinder could hold more ground goods. Not a big deal, really, just an inconvenience. The only solution would likely be a shallower third piece due to less of an angle at the bottom.

I understand what you're saying now thanks, just had wanted to clarify, yeah I actually prefer that the bottom piece is deeper this way, not really to hold more grounds, although that can be nice sometimes, but so it is easier to grip and turn for me :2c::peace::tup:

stonewatcher

After stalking the factory seconds for two weeks I grabbed an Emerald / Ruby / Emerald BCG w/ medium plate and added a Fine Emerald plate that I plan to use with my Flowerpot VROD and Mighty.
Sent an email today to cancel my order so I can take advantage of the 4/20 sale. Went with two Factory Seconds, Fine Plate - Hematite/Onyx/Hematite and Medium Plate - Onyx/Emerald/Onyx

Poor planning on my part but this gets me two complete grinders for a couple extra bucks. I will probably end up keeping all the Onyx Pieces and gifting the medium grinder to a loved one.

Somehow I am more excited than I was after placing my initial order. :brow::lol:

Last edited:

3l3tric

Went with two Factory Seconds, Fine Plate - Hematite/Onyx/Hematite
Oh, so YOU'RE the one that nabbed the H/O/H grinder I had my eye on :bang:

At first I was a tad disappointed when I saw that one out of stock, but then I reloaded the page and saw a listing for an onyx/sapphire/onyx fine plate second that wasn't there before.

To make a long story short, here's hoping that no one else had their eye on that O/S/O fine plate :D

Can't wait to get this thing in the mail, I've never had a "good" grinder like one of these. I'm especially curious to see just how fine the fine plate actually goes. I've found over the years that I prefer a near-powdery consistency grind, but my current grinder (Black Tie) takes a number of upside down turns to finally get there.

For existing owners, what are some things you learned over time you wish you'd known when you first got yours? Any particular maintenance/cleaning tips I should keep in mind?

delta hotel

I too almost bought that H/O/H grinder! I've waited for the SS BCG for what feels like forever and almost bought that one to finally try one. Oh well, back to waiting on the SS BCG, but I guess I should keep a closer eyes on the seconds page.

Shit Snacks

Can't wait to get this thing in the mail, I've never had a "good" grinder like one of these. I'm especially curious to see just how fine the fine plate actually goes. I've found over the years that I prefer a near-powdery consistency grind, but my current grinder (Black Tie) takes a number of upside down turns to finally get there.

If you want to get a super fine grind you are going to want to turn the BCG upside down as well, the anti-locking teeth really help so it doesn't jam up this way, but it will get dirtier of course (without grinding upside down it is more a medium -fine grind imo) :tup:

Top Bottom