Battery Free Ganz - The Flare Induction heater

anome

Dani Fusion 2 is very good withe Flare, results with the Tempest is disappointing of course, but will be interesting to see if things can be addressed.

Re: concerns some have voiced regarding the bottom plate. Cut to size, self adhesive neoprene sheet (~3mm), adhered to the plate makes a decent DYI addition.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

Dopamine

How does a Convector XL work with the Flare? It heats up so fast with the convector, and works well with the wand, but I don’t like the guesswork while using it. If it heats up in seconds, with a timer that would make a pretty nice out and about setup.

Anyone try it?

TheScamericann

Thanks. In the US. I'm still on the fence about IH. Just got an Anvil so the Flare might get me in on IH.
If it's the new fermocore oven it apparently works really good with the wand, might be worthwhile doing a bit of research about that if your not 100% sure about the flare. I don't like the idea of putting a copper jacket on any of my vapes, I had a weird reaction when using the fmj with my dynavap. I really want an anvil but I can't use a lighter anymore and there's no way I'm paying the asking price for the forge.

TheScamericann,
Reactions: Learner

Learner

If it's the new fermocore oven it apparently works really good with the wand, might be worthwhile doing a bit of research about that if your not 100% sure about the flare. I don't like the idea of putting a copper jacket on any of my vapes, I had a weird reaction when using the fmj with my dynavap. I really want an anvil but I can't use a lighter anymore and there's no way I'm paying the asking price for the forge.
Yeah. It's a thermocore. I haven't noticed the copper having an effect on taste. I did notice a taste using a sliver FMJ on a Dynavap.

I'll wait and see what plays nice with the Tempest I think.

Learner,
Reactions: Wylie

TheScamericann

Yeah. It's a thermocore. I haven't noticed the copper having an effect on taste. I did notice a taste using a sliver FMJ on a Dynavap.

I'll wait and see what plays nice with the Tempest I think.
It's only the fmj that irritates me, my friend has the older anvil and I have zero issues with that. I owned the tempest and wand for 6 weeks before selling it, the wand works perfectly for the tempest, I don't think we'll get anything better than the wand for the tempest tbh.

TheScamericann,
Reactions: Learner

420pt

How does a Convector XL work with the Flare?
Testing it since yesterday…
The Convector XL works fine with the Flare.
The timer has a 10 sec minimum, so I would recommend starting at 70 W / 75 W.
If you increase the wattage it will take less than 10 secs to heat it.
Also consider how deep into the coil.

420pt,
Reactions: Dopamine

Dopamine

Testing it since yesterday…
The Convector XL works fine with the Flare.
The timer has a 10 sec minimum, so I would recommend starting at 70 W / 75 W.
If you increase the wattage it will take less than 10 secs to heat it.
Also consider how deep into the coil.
10 seconds, nice! How far did you insert it, or do you go all the way down and raise it?

Dopamine,

Raphael De La Ghetto

Got my Flare on the weekend. Goodbye torch! Still dialling in the best temp/time on the unit, but very impressed.

An audible beep when the timer countdown was done would have been nice, but it's a small complaint!

EDIT: 75W for 30 seconds seems to working nicely for me. It's allergy season and I don't need the extra aggravation of hot, dry, vapour on my throat. The first pass doesn't see any visible vapour, but the 2nd does. No click on either heating. Perfect!

OG Dani Fusion being used.

Last edited:

Minsc_NBoo

Got my Flare on the weekend. Goodbye torch! Still dialling in the best temp/time on the unit, but very impressed.

An audible beep when the timer countdown was done would have been nice, but it's a small complaint!

EDIT: 75W for 30 seconds seems to working nicely for me. It's allergy season and I don't need the extra aggravation of hot, dry, vapour on my throat. The first pass doesn't see any visible vapour, but the 2nd does. No click on either heating. Perfect!

OG Dani Fusion being used.
I've got a V1 Fusion

If I am using it on my bong 120w for 40 seconds gives me the same results as using my triple flame torch. First cycle really milks up my bong. Second cycle for 30 seconds is enough to fully extract the bowl

If I'm doing MTL hits 110w for 45 seconds seems to be the sweet spot. I'll reduce the time to 35 seconds when reheating

I do really like the Flare. I wish they had gone with 21700 batteries though . Minor gripe is the magnet area scratches easily

Raphael De La Ghetto

Dunno if it was on the FC forums or Vaporents, but someone showed a pic of the magnet area of the Flare completely smashed.

I decided never to use it after seeing that.

Raphael De La Ghetto,

floribud

Just heard from madheaters that The Flare won't work with the Tempest do to wattage limitations when detecting the magnetic cap. Is this true? very sad :(

floribud,

anome

Just heard from madheaters that The Flare won't work with the Tempest do to wattage limitations when detecting the magnetic cap. Is this true? very sad :(
Best I get with the tempest is 60-65 w, seems dependent on depth of the Mad Heaters insert. The wand is currently the better choice, will be interesting to see if the issue can / will be addressed by Brenyo as per the other thread.

Top Bottom