Battery Free Ganz - The Flare Induction heater

floribud

Best I get with the tempest is 60-65 w, seems dependent on depth of the Mad Heaters insert. The wand is currently the better choice, will be interesting to see if the issue can / will be addressed by Brenyo as per the other thread.
Just curious, how do you tell if you are only getting 60-65 watts. If you set the Flare to 80 W, how do you know the actual output?

floribud,

Minsc_NBoo

So I have been wondering if the YLL decapping thing would works with Dani Fusion and the flare?

I want to use the magnet but I really don't want to scratch the cover

Minsc_NBoo,

anome

Just curious, how do you tell if you are only getting 60-65 watts. If you set the Flare to 80 W, how do you know the actual output?
Just going by the wattage display output on the flare device itself. For me the flare has only indicated either 60 or 65 watts, which appears to be related to the depth as adjusted at the time of the start up sequence.

anome,

Logo

So I have been wondering if the YLL decapping thing would works with Dani Fusion and the flare?

I want to use the magnet but I really don't want to scratch the cover
Just stick a dynamag on the magnetic part of the flare

Minsc_NBoo

I used Mad Heaters magnet and that was stable and sterdy. Think it just comes down to magnet strength

Thanks, I should hopefully be getting my Tempest today, but I forgot to get some accessories so I'll add a magnet when I order

I did see a post on reddit today with someone using the Flare to heat their tempest. I did see mixed reviews about the compatability, so I'm now hopeful it might work

Minsc_NBoo,

rebelFarmer

Thanks, I should hopefully be getting my Tempest today, but I forgot to get some accessories so I'll add a magnet when I order

I did see a post on reddit today with someone using the Flare to heat their tempest. I did see mixed reviews about the compatability, so I'm now hopeful it might work
It works its just limited around 65-70w per readout on the screen, sometimes you can get a bit more if you angle it.

rebelFarmer,

Minsc_NBoo

It works its just limited around 65-70w per readout on the screen, sometimes you can get a bit more if you angle it.
I tried the Flare last night. First session it only got to 60w, but the next 2 were 70w. 45 seconds got the VI to a little past the second notch and gave me a good MTL session.

I think I can push the time a little bit more, but I'll tread carefully!

Sativapo

Tried it for the first time with the fusion 1. At 100w for 45 sec sd advised.I get the "cooling" message quite easily after a heat up. It gets pretty hot. After 2 heat ups I can't do a 3rd one like 5 min later. I wonder if it's faulty or does anybody else had this issue? I put it on the side bu I don't know it that plays a role. Maybe I'll wait for my molicells too. I use vtc5a while waiting.

Edit : after a bit more testing it doesn't do it with my tempest (goes only between 55-70w) or TA3 (100w).

Last edited:
Sativapo,

Minsc_NBoo

Tried it for the first time with the fusion 1. At 100w for 45 sec sd advised.I get the "cooling" message quite easily after a heat up. It gets pretty hot. After 2 heat ups I can't do a 3rd one like 5 min later. I wonder if it's faulty or does anybody else had this issue? I put it on the side bu I don't know it that plays a role. Maybe I'll wait for my molicells too. I use vtc5a while waiting.

Edit : after a bit more testing it doesn't do it with my tempest (goes only between 55-70w) or TA3 (100w).
I've not come across that message. I've been going between 110w to 120w. 120w for 40 secs is perfect for using on a bong. My AVB does not go too dark, which is my preference

I've only ever used the Flare upright so I'm not sure if that played a factor?

Minsc_NBoo,
Reactions: Sativapo

chimpybits

This Cooling message also occured for me when I first ran my Flare and Fusion v1. That was about a month ago - thanks Soothing Vapours :tup: This setup has been my DD and that message came up one other time. Ive been ignoring it.

I also have an issue with the battery charge level indicator. Unreliable - shows full after a couple sessions and won’t charge for instance. Anytime I charge it (in device), it always shows full and doesn’t charge and I have to plug and unplug, power off and on, until shows less than full and starts charging.

Also taking the attitude of ignoring this. I should get external charger anyway. Ultimately I want something like the VHB desktop at home.

The bottom of mine is a bit warped too so that the bottom cover doesn’t sit properly causing the unit to sit a bit wobbly. Also, ignoring that.

The overall finish of my Flare is less satisfying than my YLL 2.0.

But I like this Flare and Fusion setup. It has easily replaced my dV and IH as my driver.

EDIT what have you set your depth to? Mine is set to flush to the bottom or a bit protruding.

Last edited:
chimpybits,
Reactions: Sativapo

floribud

i had just found out The Flare wasn't going to hit the Tempest at full power (right after I ordered both), so the VAS kicked in an I got a TA3. After combusting on my first attempt (misread the recommended time), I've now been hitting it at 120W and 35 seconds. And this has been just amazing. The glass revolve (rainbow) stem works pretty well with the heat. It's starts to heat up after about 2 min, but I've even given it. a little 10 sec warmup with the Flare and it's been fine. At this point pretty much all the good flavor is sucked out of the herb.

The thing I can't believe is the quantity of the vapor, yet it still tastes so cool. No "bickel tickle". Somehow the vapor seems cooler than Dynavap vapor, yet it just keeps coming. Pretty happy with this setup, can't wait to try the Tempest, but can it be much better than this? Not sure how it could be. Well at least the Tempest has the easily removeable cap. Haven't had any issues with the screw top either. The TA3 and Flare are absolutely killer.

Also the coloring of the TA3 after a few heatups looks perfect with the rainbow stem.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Currently soaking my Dani and a Mighty mouthpiece in iso. Decided to try a Dynavap in the Flare.

Was cocky and went past the click by 5-6 seconds, and had my first combustion in 10+ years. Oops!

Best was my wife in the other room: "Do you smell skunk?" 🦨

mixchu69

i had just found out The Flare wasn't going to hit the Tempest at full power (right after I ordered both), so the VAS kicked in an I got a TA3. After combusting on my first attempt (misread the recommended time), I've now been hitting it at 120W and 35 seconds. And this has been just amazing. The glass revolve (rainbow) stem works pretty well with the heat. It's starts to heat up after about 2 min, but I've even given it. a little 10 sec warmup with the Flare and it's been fine. At this point pretty much all the good flavor is sucked out of the herb.

The thing I can't believe is the quantity of the vapor, yet it still tastes so cool. No "bickel tickle". Somehow the vapor seems cooler than Dynavap vapor, yet it just keeps coming. Pretty happy with this setup, can't wait to try the Tempest, but can it be much better than this? Not sure how it could be. Well at least the Tempest has the easily removeable cap. Haven't had any issues with the screw top either. The TA3 and Flare are absolutely killer.

Also the coloring of the TA3 after a few heatups looks perfect with the rainbow stem.
I just tried 120w at 30s with the ta3. Perfect roast. Makes me want to get the fusion 2. Really like the flare

mixchu69,
Reactions: TedJones

Ralphonzo

I've been using Fusion 2 with the Flare for just over a week now. Works great, been sticking to 100W for around 43-45 seconds but might experiment a bit more but this works pretty great. Also got the metal WPA which works absolutely perfect for me. Wish I jumped on the Fusion sooner, I've completely retired my Dynavaps and with the Flare it's great. Probably my favourite vape I own and personal favourite I've used tied maybe with my friends Tinymight 2.

Top Bottom