Battery Free Ganz - The Flare Induction heater

chimpybits

I know it's good advice to use an external charger, but I've been using the device's USB-c port instead. Recently, after a few months of doing this, I noticed the batteries will not charge this way any more, but only externally. The animation for charging still plays on the flare. I don't have enough batteries to test if it's the batteries or device yet. Anyone else experience issues with the device charging batteries?
I’ve had issues with mine from the start. It always reads as full (like Flow above) and requires me to plug and unplug a number of times to get it to read less than full and start charging. Only charged via device. Original 3 m28’s batts. Tried various cables and 2 and 1 amp usb chargers.

I really need to buy an external charger. Recommendations? In Canada btw.

Last edited:
chimpybits,

chimpybits

I’ve been using a couple of Efest (LUC models) for years. They’re great! Their batteries though, are not. Avoid those ;)
Thanks! I see there is a 6 bay version.

That brings up something I don’t understand (hopefully not requiring a new thread elsewhere) - How to deal with a 3 bay device when one is apparently supposed to charge in pairs? I’ve been charging the 3 Molicel P28’s in the Flare since new, but a 4th has been collecting dust.

chimpybits,

TedJones

Thanks! I see there is a 6 bay version.

That brings up something I don’t understand (hopefully not requiring a new thread elsewhere) - How to deal with a 3 bay device when one is apparently supposed to charge in pairs? I’ve been charging the 3 Molicel P28’s in the Flare since new, but a 4th has been collecting dust.
You’ll be charging in triplets, using the same 3 batteries at a time in the device , each time. Doesn’t matter when they’re charged (separately if needed). So you’d need 6 batteries to have a backup set.

Top Bottom