Battery Free Ganz - The Flare Induction heater

Tji89

Can dynavap still fit standing straight when the flare sits flat on the table like yll ih2?

Tji89,

PrematureEvaporation

Can someone show this with the TA3? Standard glass ball setup. I like the idea of it heating both the matrix and bowl. Nice hybrid vapour.

Can you kill the bowl in one heatup with the flare?

PrematureEvaporation,

kokolokokolokon

Can dynavap still fit standing straight when the flare sits flat on the table like yll ih2?
so so, the DV gets a little inclinated but i see no problems to use it (edited :lol:)

Some collection of vapes and some big session testing them all, what state were you in by the end?! thank you! :tup:
I tested them with a concrete CBD i have. A low resinous flowers i like to use to test devices, since, if they work with this cbd, it should work much better with good flowers

Last edited:

Tji89

Had to translate that 😅 i see, so not perfect for dynavap cap size. Considered upgrading but maybe not yet.

Tji89,

DaBouse

Flare with naked tempest (no ih layer, no calibration module).
95W 23 sec:

Flare with convector.
80W 10 sec (with reheats):

Flare with the pipe X.
85W 10 sec (with reheats):

I hope i wrote everything right.
I wish i could do this with new batteries, but i still waiting them to arrive.

And sorry for consecutive posts. I cant make a post with more than 5 media

How would you say the performance of the tempest was at 90w? Looked like a decent amount of vapor. Would you say this was better performance than the wand?

Also, does anyone know if we should expect better flare / tempest functionality on full release? Read something about an increased induction layer.

kokolokokolokon

How would you say the performance of the tempest was at 90w? Looked like a decent amount of vapor. Would you say this was better performance than the wand?
That was 2.5 zirconia balls. In 22 seconds leaving the herb almost green (i have to try it but i think if i use it for, more or less, 27 seconds it would be a almost a one heat extraction). Would be even less with glass balls.
If you could do this with the ih layer and the calibration module it would better than the wand. Even with the chance to set it at 100W, which would be awsome. The con is you need to remove that pieces :\ and you can see how it works at 70W in the other video, whispy clouds in 45 seconds.

Last edited:
kokolokokolokon,

rebelFarmer

Flare with naked tempest (no ih layer, no calibration module).
95W 23 sec:

Interesting idea taking off the induction sleeve, I run mine all open on air at the tip anyways so I may do this! Any down sides from your pov?

Love the vids by the way man! Thanks for all the work :)

rebelFarmer,
Reactions: TedJones

DaBouse

So, unless something changes it sounds like tempest users are probably going to want to stick with the wand?

I’d love to have power options but I can’t justify the cost and bulk of the forge.

DaBouse,

kokolokokolokon

Interesting idea taking off the induction sleeve, I run mine all open on air at the tip anyways so I may do this! Any down sides from your pov?

Love the vids by the way man! Thanks for all the work :)
Thank you!
Well the main downside is i think the armor (induction layer + calibration module) have another function: heat retention. It looks like it helps to avoid the titanium disipates the heat on the balls. Maybe i´m wrong but i suppose @Brenyo can confirm it.

More than that...I have to make more tests to see the pros and cons

TheScamericann

So, unless something changes it sounds like tempest users are probably going to want to stick with the wand?

I’d love to have power options but I can’t justify the cost and bulk of the forge.
Sounds like it which is no big deal as the tempest was designed to work with the wand specifically. The wand is perfect for the tempest.

TheScamericann,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Unboxed and had a brief go last night.

My first impression? To be honest it feels a little cheap. Back panel is quite thin, buttons not quite as responsive as i would like. Hmmmm

I went for a walk, flare in bum bag, fusion 2 loaded. It worked well, stealthy. I could parm my fusion and no one could see what i was up to.

If it works it works, and i can overlook the slightly cheap feel to it. Ill try some other vapes tonight.

CougheeCakes

I’ve had two days with it now
  • Cheap top and bottom materials. Back plate thin and flimsy feeling but stays on solid. Top plate collects fingerprints and scratches easy as shit so de-capping on the magnet is going to give it a well used look quick
  • Function is fantastic with the Dani Fusion 2 and the TA3
  • Wattage caps out at 70-85W on devices like the Stunner and the Anvil but you still get a great heat cycle in <45 seconds. You can wrap a copper or silver sleeve around the anvil or stunner and get better wattage but you still won’t hit 120W with those heater caps.
  • The box form factor is far preferable to the power-tool/sex-toy form factor of Vestratto Forge.
  • Battery life is solid. Use only high drain 30A cells. That means Molicel p26a p28a or p28b.
It’s a keeper but I really wish they’d kept the white aesthetic of the demo unit they sent Bing’s Buddery.

kokolokokolokon

I can say the flare + fusion 2 + hash is a great experience at 110W and 35sec.
Back to back mtl sweet hits like a joint. Nice.
And the magnet works great with the fusion…super strong.

And testing the tempest a little more I see how just the induction layer can be heated at 115W, the tempest without calibration module can be heated up to 85-95W (depends…I dont know why) and the calibration module (alone) can be heated up to 75W.

Logo

I can say the flare + fusion 2 + hash is a great experience at 110W and 35sec.
Back to back mtl sweet hits like a joint. Nice.
And the magnet works great with the fusion…super strong.

And testing the tempest a little more I see how just the induction layer can be heated at 115W, the tempest without calibration module can be heated up to 85-95W (depends…I dont know why) and the calibration module (alone) can be heated up to 75W.
I don't have the tempest yet so was hoping you could elaborate what you mean by just the induction layer can be heated to 115w and what you mean by calibration module (alone) can reach 75w

Logo,

HedRokkaZ

It's so disappointing the older design of anvil manages 120w but when I try and use the thermocore it maxes at 70w unless you remove the depth stop and put it in at silly depths at first, making it just a ball ache to use compared to how it should be. Had high hopes this would replace my torch, but for a Thermocore user it's been underwhelming, wish we could just set the wattage and not have it detect... Also found the battery life to be a bit meh, I know we're using a lot of power from 18650s, but after a hit in the anvil and a bowl with the fusion 2.0 mines reading 3/5 bars of battery already, and they are pretty fresh 18650s, all probably had 3 charge cycles in another device maximum from new. :( It is a beast of a heater but not for the thermocore unfortunately. :(

Top Bottom