Battery Free Ganz - The Flare Induction heater

Lozo

I broke the glass on my Wand (got knocked off my desk accidentally) so I decided to try the Flare out instead. I’m really happy with the unit, I don’t particularly notice the back cover as being flimsy, it’s just thin plastic (doesn’t feel cheap to me), I love the adjustable insert height.

At the moment I’m still messing around with power and times with my OG fixed TA and the TA4 but 100W at 35 sec feels good to me. I hope to pick up a Tempest once released so for now can’t offer any comments on that combination.

I prefer the form factor of the Flare over the Wand and I like the auto start / detection, speed and power are great, in my view this one’s a winner

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I really like the Flare with the Thermal Accumulator... I was using it with the Tempest; that’s what I originally ordered the Flare for - but I am not totally happy with how I’m heating the Tempest; results vary :)

I had a new TA3 heater so I figured I would use it in the Flare to allow me to see exactly what’s being heated so I can better position the Tempest to make sure I’m only heating the induction sleeve and not the VI or click discs which seemed to happen each time I used it.

I started off figuring out a setting that I liked using for the TA3 and then to repeat that heat cycle over and over again until the batteries ran out.
I ended up settling in with 90W for 45s with the adjustment within the coil set to as high up as it can go.

Managed 22 bowls off the 3 batteries I had in there 2x3000mAh + 1x2800mAh and there is no need to hold it in position or anything... definitely my go to way to use my TA3 now.

This is the TA3 over the 22 heat cycles and how it changed

This is how simple and effective the Flare is with the Thermal Accumulator (TA3)

This is me trying to figure out how to use what I learned with the Tempest

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My flare went out down the pub friday. The Stunner went with it. The combo worked well, with no big issue. I was getting differnt readings on the wattage between 70 to 100. Sometimes the "ready" screen that comes on after a timed session, would interrupt the next heatup. You just have to click past it. This was one downside of using it in a bum bag.

So i just tried the tempest. After all the reviews here i expected big problems. It works, and if anything the flare was overheating it.

I think this is due to the tempest sitting too deep in the coil. I am already using the spacer at maximum. I have been holding the tempest a little higher. I might dig out my wand spacer that came with it and see if that fits in the flare, and can raise it higher.

I was getting 70w on the tempest. The bowl was roasting too quick and the stem was getting a little hot.

I think even the stunner would benefit from heating higher. I think we need a bigger spacer.

Last edited:

Logo

What's the output of the flare on boost mode using p30b cells, paired with the tempest? Or does it not make much difference?

Logo,

kokolokokolokon

What's the output of the flare on boost mode using p30b cells, paired with the tempest? Or does it not make much difference?
I didn´t find the new p30b in europe, but right now it would be same since the tempest is limited with the flare until we have a correction or a new induction sleeve

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: Vangel

techtoker

I really like the Flare with the Thermal Accumulator... I was using it with the Tempest; that’s what I originally ordered the Flare for - but I am not totally happy with how I’m heating the Tempest; results vary :)

I had a new TA3 heater so I figured I would use it in the Flare to allow me to see exactly what’s being heated so I can better position the Tempest to make sure I’m only heating the induction sleeve and not the VI or click discs which seemed to happen each time I used it.

I started off figuring out a setting that I liked using for the TA3 and then to repeat that heat cycle over and over again until the batteries ran out.
I ended up settling in with 90W for 45s with the adjustment within the coil set to as high up as it can go.

Managed 22 bowls off the 3 batteries I had in there 2x3000mAh + 1x2800mAh and there is no need to hold it in position or anything... definitely my go to way to use my TA3 now.

This is the TA3 over the 22 heat cycles and how it changed

This is how simple and effective the Flare is with the Thermal Accumulator (TA3)

This is me trying to figure out how to use what I learned with the Tempest
For some reason the max wattage for my tempest is 70-75w even with brand new and fully charged molicels. What are you getting?

That wattage at 60 seconds gives decent results with the tempest, but I want to try on higher wattages!

The batteries tested fine and are full, so I wonder if it's related to the metal mass of the tempest?

techtoker,

rebelFarmer

For some reason the max wattage for my tempest is 70-75w even with brand new and fully charged molicels. What are you getting?

That wattage at 60 seconds gives decent results with the tempest, but I want to try on higher wattages!

The batteries tested fine and are full, so I wonder if it's related to the metal mass of the tempest?
@Brenyo explained in the tempest thread that it is a result of too much magnetic material in the induction sleeve on the tempest, which triggers some kind of protection on the flare. The plan is that at some point he will release a modified induction heater, some here have removed the induction layer for better results.

techtoker

@Brenyo explained in the tempest thread that it is a result of too much magnetic material in the induction sleeve on the tempest, which triggers some kind of protection on the flare. The plan is that at some point he will release a modified induction heater, some here have removed the induction layer for better results.
Appreciate the info, I haven't been able to keep up! That's a bit disappointing, as I bought it primarily for the tempest.

techtoker,

CougheeCakes

My Flare’s lifespan was 6 days.

Other than a few tests with Stunner/anvil/ta on the first couple of days, I’ve been using it exclusively at 100W for 45sec with the Dani Fusion 2.0. Cells are Molicel P28A matched set brand new and testing healthy in my charger.

First symptom started a little less than an hour ago with it autofiring while empty at 50W. Filmed this for BFG then noticed it had stopped turning on at all. Now completely dead. I emailed the following two videos to BFG and WesleyPipes. I’m sure they’ll get it resolved. This is hopefully a fluke and not indicative of a bigger issue but I know the early adopter territory well and am happy to document and work with BFG to make sure it gets resolved and succeeds.

Videos of my flare failing

GnarlyVandal

Hey everyone, I did use the search feature but didn’t see it mentioned. Does anyone know how the flare does with an armoured cap for Dynavap? One heat up extractions possible or a bit janky?

I’m also going to get a tempest, which I’ve seen hasn’t had the best results with the flare..
Trying to decide between this and the wand.

GnarlyVandal,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My flare also has a tiny scratch.

Why not have a similar finish to the yll 2.0. Seemed much better.

oddjobold,

DaBouse

Hey everyone, I did use the search feature but didn’t see it mentioned. Does anyone know how the flare does with an armoured cap for Dynavap? One heat up extractions possible or a bit janky?

I’m also going to get a tempest, which I’ve seen hasn’t had the best results with the flare..

If your only use is dynavap and tempest it sounds like the wand is going to be our best bet. I’m in the same boat. Check vapo spy. They can be had for under $100.

DaBouse,

Minsc_NBoo

I got my flare yesterday, so I've only done a few bowls with my Dani Fusion V1. I ran it at 110w for 35 seconds and hit 3 cycles with a moderate amount of vapour. Second cycle gave good bong rip, although not as dense as when using a triple flame torch. I'll try and heat it for longer tonight

I tried my M+ with a vaphit silver collar this morning (CBD before work!)

I had it set to 110w and it clicked after 15 seconds. I got 2 cycles with a decent amount of vapour. It will definitely do 1 hit extraction once I dial in the right temperature

As others mentioned, the back plate is very thin. Mine will be living on my desk so it's not an issue for me. I'll look for something to protect the magnet on the top as I think it will scratch easily

Overall I'm impressed with the performance, but need to test it more to get the best results

kokolokokolokon

Some pages back I shared videos with the fusion, armored, woowynd, convector, pipe x, coppercore and the tempest.

The armored works like a charm in the flare. It can be heated like a normal cap: 15-20 secs (depends of the wattage) and it can give a good convective hits (I tried it with a 5fin Ti tip, so the cap gets hot much quicker than the tip).

kokolokokolokon

it change the power between the anvils?
The coppercore i have right now with the xl chamber gives 120W, but looks like the normal chamber gives much less and you need a fmj to raise the power to 110W.
The thermocore the same. And I suppose the duracore would be something similar

popitup

Mine didn't come with a manual, so I didn't even try it for a few days upon receiving until I was able to learn more.

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I started using my Fusion 2.0 at 40 seconds, and have great milky/tasty/consistent results. It beats the heck out of the wand for the Fusion 2.0, which would take me more than double the time to get "just good enough". This thing is great.

I'm pretty happy with the wand for the Tempest, but I might dabble.

Don't mind the reducer, was using my Tempest with the piece as well.

Username88

Can anyone recommend some settings for the flare and vaphit x?

The IH works a little too well and I keep overheating and sometime even accidentally combusting. Seems to need about about half as much time as the dani f2 but still haven't dialed it in to my liking.

Username88,

Petetbay

I’ve had the Flare for a few days and quite impressed, big improvement over the Wand. Does Dynavaps great especially with the Armored cap and the Wand DV glass adapter works good with regular caps. TA2 and TA3 work great as well, the Tempest and the Anvil Thermocore are limited in the wattage to 65-80 watts while the OG Coppercore does a lot better. I tried using a SS FMJ on the Tempest and Anvils with no improvement I guess you need copper or silver, didn’t work for me and SS is a bitch to work with.

Does pretty good with the 3 batteries especially with DV’s, but 3 21700’s would have been a big improvement for all the bigger vapes with little increase in size.

I haven’t found anything on boost mode except hit the +/- buttons to turn it off/on. What’s it really do full power with no limiter? :2c:

Petetbay,

popitup

Tried the Flare with the 5DT, but it restarts/stops the count down intermittently.

Even with that, I tried getting it up to heat, fidgeting with it for a few minutes to try and get constant heat to it, but ultimately, I never got more than a whisp of vapor and gave up.

My first attempt with a TA3, I combusted at 40 seconds, but it was very latent during the hit. I might have just overpacked.

popitup,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Tried the Flare with the 5DT, but it restarts/stops the count down intermittently.

Even with that, I tried getting it up to heat, fidgeting with it for a few minutes to try and get constant heat to it, but ultimately, I never got more than a whisp of vapor and gave up.

My first attempt with a TA3, I combusted at 40 seconds, but it was very latent during the hit. I might have just overpacked.

I have a 5DT coming. Shame.

Have you tried using an FMJ with the 5DT?

oddjobold,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
TA3 with the flare.

This seems to work the best so far. The TA3 is for more controllable than the Stunner. I wonder what the fusion is like compared to it?

More testing

Top Bottom