BAKx - bake all kinds

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
They are, except there where the air intake happens. It has a solid cherry wood inlay, you can see it in the picture (if you inspect your cap closely you will notice as well I bet)

Yes that does sound vaguely familiar! Similar to how firewood uses cherry around the oven chamber and air pathway, supposed to be pretty pure... Thanks!

DRAG-0n

Any recommendations on how to use a temp controlled box mod that isnt arctic fox or dna. Looks like my bakx will arrive tomorrow and the dna mod hasnt even shipped yet. Trying to use a vaporesso gen specifically

DRAG-0n,
Reactions: raisin

raisin

Any recommendations on how to use a temp controlled box mod that isnt arctic fox or dna. Looks like my bakx will arrive tomorrow and the dna mod hasnt even shipped yet. Trying to use a vaporesso gen specifically
No idea if non AF or DNA TC will work, but I can probably help you get an AF mod shipped from within the US, shoot me a DM if interested and I’ll get you in touch.

DRAG-0n

No idea if non AF or DNA TC will work, but I can probably help you get an AF mod shipped from within the US, shoot me a DM if interested and I’ll get you in touch.
ty but its just more stuff to be shipped , might as well wait on the dna mod

DRAG-0n,

Momor

If you really want to use your BakX before receiving your new mod you can try to use it in wattage mode, unregulated.

Terp_Extractor

If you really want to use your BakX before receiving your new mod you can try to use it in wattage mode, unregulated.
ty but its just more stuff to be shipped , might as well wait on the dna mod
this. ive seen some ppl use it on wattage mode and like 1 or2 who use it strictly on wattage mode. i had to use it like that the first few days i had my mod because my computer was getting fixed those days so i couldn't load the firmware

Terp_Extractor,
Reactions: Momor

DRAG-0n

Got the unit in today. Crazy how small and light it is. Gave it a little test with some blue dream unground at 85w unregulated. Nice vapor production and taste but i got real close to combusting so Im gonna wait til i get the dna mod before i use it more.
I cant get the top part to sit flush when the glass stem is inserted. It is going in at an angle. Is there a way to adjust the o ring or would it be better to just order extra caps? It looks like the glass stem on the inside is also at a slight angle, but that is more likely just because they are handmade units

edit* pics:

Last edited:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I cant get the top part to sit flush when the glass stem is inserted. It is going in at an angle.

Really nice piece, congrats! This might be a silly question, but just to be sure: The glass stem doesn't potentially hit the bottom of the glass bowl and prevent the lid from closing properly, does it? Maybe pulling the stem out a bit could help? Also, the ratio of convection to conduction can be influenced by the stem's position (the deeper the stem, the more conduction).

El Duderino,

DRAG-0n

Really nice piece, congrats! This might be a silly question, but just to be sure: The glass stem doesn't potentially hit the bottom of the glass bowl and prevent the lid from closing properly, does it? Maybe pulling the stem out a bit could help? Also, the ratio of convection to conduction can be influenced by the stem's position (the deeper the stem, the more conduction).
Thanks. I made sure it wasnt hitting the bottom but did almost make that mistake when assembling it.
Forgot to add it does fit almost flush when the lid is turned to the other magnets as seen in the first image, but it still pushes against the inner glass a lot. I dont want to stress the inner glass too much. Ive also seen people spinning the bowl in their bakx to get a more even hit but i dont think that will be possible with mine at the moment.

I need to order the 14mm adapter anyway so i might as well just add the 3d printed cap to see if it works better.

Momor

I dont want to stress the inner glass too much
I would show your pictures to Ralph on discord to know what he thinks about it.
Ive also seen people spinning the bowl in their bakx to get a more even hit
There is no need to do that at all. The coil wraps all around the inner glass tube and heats very evenly, except at the very top and bottom of the tube.
Usually we see people twisting the stem a quarter turn in order to "eject" the stem from the unit (or vice versa on a water piece) and clear the hit.

n0tu2

Thanks. I made sure it wasnt hitting the bottom but did almost make that mistake when assembling it.
Forgot to add it does fit almost flush when the lid is turned to the other magnets as seen in the first image, but it still pushes against the inner glass a lot. I dont want to stress the inner glass too much. Ive also seen people spinning the bowl in their bakx to get a more even hit but i dont think that will be possible with mine at the moment.

I need to order the 14mm adapter anyway so i might as well just add the 3d printed cap to see if it works better.
that was my first thought as well that you may have pushed it in too far and it was pushing the cap up off the magnets.. if not ..how does the oring in the cap itself look..did it fall out or malformed? there should be some resistance when inserting a stem or retracting it a little cause it has to squeeze through the thick donut oring in the cap part.. it should be quite tight.. maybe removing and fixing the oring so the stem is straight if its still present?

DRAG-0n

that was my first thought as well that you may have pushed it in too far and it was pushing the cap up off the magnets.. if not ..how does the oring in the cap itself look..did it fall out or malformed? there should be some resistance when inserting a stem or retracting it a little cause it has to squeeze through the thick donut oring in the cap part.. it should be quite tight.. maybe removing and fixing the oring so the stem is straight if its still present?
The o ring doesnt appear to be messed up at all and trying to reseat the o ring will be really hard because it looks like the o ring is already tightly in there. I tried both glass stems as well and they both go in at an angle.
I would show your pictures to Ralph on discord to know what he thinks about it.
Good idea, probably best to hit the discord and see what they think

DRAG-0n,

n0tu2

The o ring doesnt appear to be messed up at all and trying to reseat the o ring will be really hard because it looks like the o ring is already tightly in there. I tried both glass stems as well and they both go in at an angle.

Good idea, probably best to hit the discord and see what they think

cool hmm.. you can put a little lube on it to make it easier to push stem in and out..some ejuice/spit or something, lol.. it def comes out because mine came out once loong ago and just stuffed it back in.. its tight. maybe it has a weird fold inside the donut... stem shud be dead straight both sides of the cap.. ask ralph before mangling tho

n0tu2,
Reactions: DRAG-0n

Shit Snacks

Screenshot-20240910-122126.png

n0tu2

I just wrote it into the bakx section on discord. Should i have wrote this directly to him? Sorry i just never use discord
someone will probably answer you soon.. @choooo lamart is his discord name (something like that) you know what.. out of curiosity remove the stem and post a pic of the oring from the cap side with the magnets.. wonder if one side is out of the groove and you can just push/pop it back in.. 🤔 it's recessed in there..

n0tu2,

n0tu2

Havent messed with the o ring yet
I'm leaning to it's not in exactly right like it rolled/twisted out of the groove? it goes in deeper from that shot shudnt be that close to the edge unless they made a change? i have an OG one with the hot/ haute branding.. and no glass window on the back..

edit: think it shud be halfway between both openings in a groove..nice and round all around.. maybe im wrong but looks like it got inverted ..similar happened to me but has not happened after fixing and lubing it..

Last edited:
n0tu2,
Reactions: DRAG-0n

DRAG-0n

Not rolled to my knowledge. DId you take a look at the second picture it might be more clear. Sometimes i miss the arrows for the pictures myself

edit* just waiting to hear from discord first but i do have some hemp oil lube i can use on it

Last edited:
DRAG-0n,

Shit Snacks

Not rolled to my knowledge. DId you take a look at the second picture it might be more clear. Sometimes i miss the arrows for the pictures myself

edit* just waiting to hear from discord first but i do have some hemp oil lube i can use on it

Maybe a stupid question, but did you check that it is level, the magnets connection etc...

Shit Snacks,

n0tu2

What SS said too.. Does it sit flush with no stem? this is mine.. oring deeper in but again its an OG drop bak.. they may have made changes since.. see how its deeper in and smooth..

Edit: sorry reading/watching this and watching the debate, lol. in your second pic see the right side.. looks a little wonky to me.. put ur thumb there and push it to the right side and roll your thumb over/inward to see if it snaps back into place. if it does lube it before putting the stem in next go..

Last edited:

DRAG-0n

I tried pushing it in with a hard piece of plastic (no way my fingers are fitting in there), but it didnt move at all. Havent tried to pry it out yet to reseat though which may help but i dont want to fuck it up

DRAG-0n,
Top Bottom