BAKx - bake all kinds

Hippie

You want an Arctic Fox compatible mod
List - https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1uF5xCzg-8LqbiCwom5oKJWhIBnt7COsrCWytwYN5Yfk/mobilebasic
Or a DNA mod
(in my opinion)
I think they stopped making the chips for the AF mods a few years ago so they're getting harder to find now and there weren't many 20700 or 21700 battery models to choose from. That may not mean anything to you if you have 18650 devices and batteries already but if you haven't a 21700 battery mod may be a better choice (depending on your planned usage) as they hold about 1.5x the capacity of a single 18650 battery .

Datoneguy

Thanks for the doc!

Are any of the 21700 mods avaliabe compatible with the custom software? Or would that have to be dna?
Also, are any of the mods in that document 3 or 4 batteries? I'm almost considering using the wire exclusively on a desktop with the mod not just standing there.

I will likely not get extra batteries tbh, I did that with Tetra p80 and I just didn't like changing them out. So if a mod holds some more battery life, I'd likely lean that way depending on the price.

How is the batterylife with the bakx? I found the p80 to be tolerable but it required me to have batteries switched out everyday basically, so it did sort of cross the line of what I found personally worth having in my daily rotation. But I'm also just not a fan of switching out batteries in mods.

btw, how does battery life compare to the p80? Similair or more with the bakx?
how many bowls are you guys getting?

Last edited:
Datoneguy,

Momor

@Datoneguy, iirc you have a bit more tinkering to do with a non DNA mod to set it up properly for the BakX and DNA mods are almost "plug and play" (load BakX profile, set cold resistance and go).
The few users that had problems with their BakX used non DNA mods. Some of them just switch to a DNA mod and the problems were resolved.
Knowing that AF compatible mods are hard to find now, I think finding a DNA mod, although more expensive, is a better choice :2c:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
On the site the basic acrylic one is 240 swiss francs and wooden ones are 285/290.

So between 280-350 USD depending on materials and availability.

As much as I am impressed I can't justify that outlay nor palaver to get one.

Yeah not cheap, but comparable with other similarly performing vaporizers available today... I paid less for my beta unit way back when now, but honestly the features and performance, build quality materials etc. have me feeling like I would gladly pay the current price! There is not much else like this so based on everything I think it is very justified, but nothing is for everyone

You want an Arctic Fox compatible mod
List - https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1uF5xCzg-8LqbiCwom5oKJWhIBnt7COsrCWytwYN5Yfk/mobilebasic
Or a DNA mod
(in my opinion)
I think they stopped making the chips for the AF mods a few years ago so they're getting harder to find now and there weren't many 20700 or 21700 battery models to choose from. That may not mean anything to you if you have 18650 devices and batteries already but if you haven't a 21700 battery mod may be a better choice (depending on your planned usage) as they hold about 1.5x the capacity of a single 18650 battery .

Just adding that ideally you could get a mod with Tubo firmware compatibility instead of having to use Arctic fox (I'm pretty sure AF still has limited time for auto fire?) surmyevic would even be better if unlimited cruise is desired... They are rare now and hard to find, but I've enjoyed using mine with BAK as it is simple effective and consistent with the environment I am used to from Tetra etc

How is the batterylife with the bakx? I found the p80 to be tolerable but it required me to have batteries switched out everyday basically, so it did sort of cross the line of what I found personally worth having in my daily rotation. But I'm also just not a fan of switching out batteries in mods.

Yes they both eat through batteries if you have a single battery mod you'll be swapping plenty, perhaps multiple in a day... Personally I prefer doing that, instead of having heavier mod larger with more batteries, that still have to be charged and swapped etc eventually anyway... So personal preference?

btw, how does battery life compare to the p80? Similair or more with the bakx?
how many bowls are you guys getting?

It really depends on your use, technically it could be better battery life, less demanding than the convection, however still demanding and dependent on your settings etc how long it takes to finish a bowl, for me it takes much longer than with tetra as I use them differently but you can do quicker hitters with either or slow milkers so yeah hard to measure exactly individually

Last edited:

Hippie

If the mod is on the AF compatibility list it's also compatible with the Tubo myevic and sur_myevic (and a few other) firmwares

A battery protector or case is essential if you're planning on carrying and swapping batteries
(I usually pick them up when I buy new batteries)

With the BAKx on my DNA mod (Thelema 100c) I'm guessing I get around 10 sessions (usually 385 F for 3-4 minutes), taking a fresh 21700 (Molicel P45B) down to about 20%.

Edit - Maybe 8, I need to count some time.

Last edited:

Datoneguy

On the site the basic acrylic one is 240 swiss francs and wooden ones are 285/290.

So between 280-350 USD depending on materials and availability.

As much as I am impressed I can't justify that outlay nor palaver to get one.

Not gonna lie, I had to google the words you used here lol but I get where you're coming from.
Definitely pricey compared to my butane collection, but seems somewhat on part with other battery portable options.

As for Palaver, I just pulled the trigger on a terpcicle yesterday, so I am questioning if that word applies for me, like will it be slightly redundant although one is butane and the other is battery? Idk
Not necessarily the most appropriate place to ask but since this device is pretty niche, I feel like it has a higher chance of actually getting a response here. But does anyone have a terpcicle to compare the bakx to? Are the signatures similiar? Notice any differences in terms of the effects?

But ya, I can't tell if you're a plant to try to disway the competition on this drop or not lol, but I am also approaching it with some hesitation atm. Excited by my timing and interest, but also hesitant because battery portables have traditionally been my least favorite kind of vape, with desktops and butane having a better track record for my tastes personally. But ya, I also suffer from insomnia and want vapes with hybrid signatures to help with that a bit, but pershaps I already have that covered with the anvil and an incoming terpcicle.

I'll probably pick a mod here hopefully and then add it to the vape itself ot see if the total price seems worthwhile or not. Decisions are hard.

Also has anyone tested a dna mod vs a normal mod and found there to be a difference besides the ease of setup?

Last edited:
Datoneguy,
Reactions: dudeguy

stonedBBer

Not gonna lie, I had to google the words you used here lol but I get where you're coming from.
Definitely pricey compared to my butane collection, but seems somewhat on part with other battery portable options.

As for Palaver, I just pulled the trigger on a terpcicle yesterday, so I am questioning if that word applies for me, like will it be slightly redundant although one is butane and the other is battery? Idk
Not necessarily the most appropriate place to ask but since this device is pretty niche, I feel like it has a higher chance of actually getting a response here. But does anyone have a terpcicle to compare the bakx to? Are the signatures similiar? Notice any differences in terms of the effects?

But ya, I can't tell if you're a plant to try to disway the competition on this drop or not lol, but I am also approaching it with some hesitation atm. Excited by my timing and interest, but also hesitant because battery portables have traditionally been my least favorite kind of vape, with desktops and butane having a better track record for my tastes personally. But ya, I also suffer from insomnia and want vapes with hybrid signatures to help with that a bit, but pershaps I already have that covered with the anvil and an incoming terpcicle.

I'll probably pick a mod here hopefully and then add it to the vape itself ot see if the total price seems worthwhile or not. Decisions are hard.

Also has anyone tested a dna mod vs a normal mod and found there to be a difference besides the ease of setup?
Where do most people buy said mods. I'm new to the mod vape scene and heard there's counterfeit mods, seems strange but just what I've heard. Most websites seem to be sold put of the mods with dna chips.
Is there one go to mod box place FCers buy from?

stonedBBer,
Reactions: Datoneguy

Datoneguy

Gonna look more into mods tomorrow to get a better idea of what pricing im looking at but I'm starting to lean towards a pass on Bakx tbh. Price wise it's fair imo but it's also more than most of my butane vapes (which makes sense).

On the bright side, I was successful during both the tubo and tetra drops I tried for, so quite possibly this means another open unit for someone else hungry for it this time around. But I have no idea, maybe luck wouldn't be on my side this time around anyways, no idea bakx demand vs p80/tubo demand.

Btw, does Lamart still do the whole 2 failures gets you a spot the third time? Or could it end up being an indefinite struggle? lol
Gonna consider my options but on the fence for sure. If the 2 failure thing still applies, maybe I'll try and fail this time around in case I change my mind in the future lmao.

Datoneguy,
Reactions: raisin

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Gonna look more into mods tomorrow to get a better idea of what pricing im looking at but I'm starting to lean towards a pass on Bakx tbh. Price wise it's fair imo but it's also more than most of my butane vapes (which makes sense).

On the bright side, I was successful during both the tubo and tetra drops I tried for, so quite possibly this means another open unit for someone else hungry for it this time around. But I have no idea, maybe luck wouldn't be on my side this time around anyways, no idea bakx demand vs p80/tubo demand.

Btw, does Lamart still do the whole 2 failures gets you a spot the third time? Or could it end up being an indefinite struggle? lol
Gonna consider my options but on the fence for sure. If the 2 failure thing still applies, maybe I'll try and fail this time around in case I change my mind in the future lmao.
Yes, I’m eyeing the same. The Bakx is undoubtedly expensive, therefore it is off most people’s affordability scale. Fingers crossed my luck in getting the Tubo and Tetra will allow them to have more units available for other people.

Do you still get data that Lamart continues with its 2-failures thing?

withoutbliss,
Reactions: Datoneguy

SlickHenry

Can assure you that my intentions are not to dissuade you to buy just to explain my thought processes when reading about the BakX. Palaver to me just means a complex method to obtain a Bakx. I get they are limited so this is the fairest way to give everyone a chance to buy one.

Personally I was very attracted to the vape initially - it‘s clearly beautifully made and unique in terms of functionality. It’s only when I started to read about it more that I decided it wasn’t likely for me. The main reason being that to use it I needed to buy more things that effectively doubled the price. If you already have a mod then this is not an issue.

It is marketed as a rare and handmade product with each unit different. By limiting supply the price is going to be high. That’s simple economics and also feeds into the exclusivity with the whole process of buying one. It creates a rush with people scared that they are going to miss out so go through the process to obtain one and think about it later. It is much easier to push the higher price point because of this.

I am not criticising the vape, people that buy it or the maker. It’s clearly very well made and they have worked hard to get this to market. They are also very clearly good at business and marketing.

You are not allowed to compare vapes in this thread but I too have a terpcicle and am extremely happy. Also I don’t get too caught up in extremely subjective discussions of Vapor profiles and effects. At the end of the day the decision is personal.

CaleidosCope

Can assure you that my intentions are not to dissuade you to buy just to explain my thought processes when reading about the BakX. Palaver to me just means a complex method to obtain a Bakx. I get they are limited so this is the fairest way to give everyone a chance to buy one.

Personally I was very attracted to the vape initially - it‘s clearly beautifully made and unique in terms of functionality. It’s only when I started to read about it more that I decided it wasn’t likely for me. The main reason being that to use it I needed to buy more things that effectively doubled the price. If you already have a mod then this is not an issue.

It is marketed as a rare and handmade product with each unit different. By limiting supply the price is going to be high. That’s simple economics and also feeds into the exclusivity with the whole process of buying one. It creates a rush with people scared that they are going to miss out so go through the process to obtain one and think about it later. It is much easier to push the higher price point because of this.

I am not criticising the vape, people that buy it or the maker. It’s clearly very well made and they have worked hard to get this to market. They are also very clearly good at business and marketing.

You are not allowed to compare vapes in this thread but I too have a terpcicle and am extremely happy. Also I don’t get too caught up in extremely subjective discussions of Vapor profiles and effects. At the end of the day the decision is personal.
Your point of view is a good one.
You know, I'm just thinking about how much my self-built vape might cost. It's like a terpcicle with a coil and a wooden heat shield. Handmade. (look under the DIY section). The PID is modified and equipped with an SSR, built into the PID-housing. 3d-print housing.

Material costs (Heater, PID, mouthpiece) approx. 100€ (in a small scale - maybe could get sqeezed to 70€)
Labour time: approx. 7 hours per set. (from woodblock and parts to finished product - cold be sqeezed to 5 hours if i do batches)

What would be, in your humble opinion, a reasonable price for the set if I, the manufacturer, had to make a living with it here in Germany?

(This is exactly why I don't dare to market it... that's why it's still in the DIY section.)

Last edited:
CaleidosCope,
Reactions: dudeguy

SlickHenry

Your point of view is a good one.
You know, I'm just thinking about how much my self-built vape might cost. It's like a terpcicle with a coil and a wooden heat shield. Handmade. (look under the DIY section). The PID is modified and equipped with an SSR, built into the housing.

Material costs (Heater, PID, mouthpiece) approx. 100€ (in a small scale - maybe could get sqeezed to 70€)
Labour time: approx. 7 hours per set. (from woodblock and parts to finished product - cold be sqeezed to 5 hours if i do batches)

What would be, in your humble opinion, a reasonable price for the set if I, the manufacturer, had to make a living with it here in Germany?
This is exactly why I don't dare to market it... that's why it's still in the DIY section.
All completely valid points and questions. Again in no way am I suggesting that the maker is fleecing people with pricing. They of course have to make a living.

It's all economics at the end of the day. A handmade in the West artisan product with expensive materials is going to cost more than a mass produced consumer product.

Ferrari make brilliant, top of the range cars that are expensive and highly desirable. You pay for exclusivity, materials, cutting edge performance and design. Toyota also makes cars. Both are cars and ultimately serve the same purpose but the companies have different business models.

Sorry for going off piste!

Last edited:

Datoneguy

Oh definitely, I just know myself and I've bought portable battery vapes in the past and it's the bottom teir of vapes for me as a category, or it has the highest risk of me not liking it. So I'm already sort of hesitant regardless of what anyone says. The end of your third paragraph "It creates a rush with people scared that they are going to miss out so go through the process to obtain one and think about it later" struck me personally as well just because I only heard about this vape a couple weeks ago and now a drop is happening. Definitely creates a certain pressure (unavoidable) but I'm trying to kinda see if I can manage to make a choice here in the next day. I also have 5 butane vapes and 0 battery portables lol, so I also am feeling like that's too lopsided of a collection and I should have a battery portable too, but again, the category just might not be for me.

I also am in the same boat as you where I don't have a mod, well I do but it's a joytech an not compatible with lamarts software. So I think that's really the big surprise that has put me on the fence, the mod plus vape adds up. Plus I'm the kind of guy that gets a couple extra stems with my vapes usually, I'd likely go dna mod, and that just takes it up there in a place where It becomes more debatable. Now the vape by itself, I'd probably take the gamble. Still pricey to a degree, but it's not up there with the venty pricetag lol. It does change the calculations of the vape. Initially I thought it was gonna be $200 vape, so even the vape price was higher than expected tbh (still think the price he's charging is fair though and I'm not complaining, just was caught off guard).

I am also nothing like you on that last paragraph lol. I love comparing vapes and their taste/effect profiles. Subjective and anecdotal? yes
Different and interesting? Imo also very much yes.
But I get it, it's polarizing and a lot of vaporents are not into the concept or at very least not every interested in it.
It sort of reminds me of people asking if you like sativa or indica, some people like that discussion (even though it's overly simplistic) and others find weed to be weed and don't really care about the different types. Idk lol, just feels similiar. Regardless, to each their own on that one lol.

Last edited:

SlickHenry

Oh definitely, I just know myself and I've bought portable battery vapes in the past and it's the bottom teir of vapes for me as a category, or it has the highest risk of me not liking it. So I'm already sort of hesitant regardless of what anyone says. The end of your third paragraph "It creates a rush with people scared that they are going to miss out so go through the process to obtain one and think about it later" struck me personally as well just because I only heard about this vape a couple weeks ago and now a drop is happening. Definitely creates a certain pressure (unavoidable) but I'm trying to kinda see if I can manage to make a choice here in the next day.

I also am in the same boat as you where I don't have a mod, well I do but it's a joytech an not compatible with lamarts software. So I think that's really the big surprise that has put me on the fence, the mod plus vape adds up. Plus I'm the kind of guy that gets a couple extra stems with my vapes usually, I'd likely go dna mod, and that just takes it up there in a place where It becomes more debatable. Now the vape by itself, I'd probably take the gamble. Still pricey to a degree, but it's not up there with the venty pricetag lol. It does change the calculations of the vape. Initially I thought it was gonna be $200 vape, so even the vape price was higher than expected tbh (still think the price he's charging is fair though and I'm not complaining, just was caught off guard).

I am also nothing like you on that last paragraph lol I love comparing vapes and their taste/effect profiles. Subjective and anecdotal? yes
Different and interesting? Imo also very much yes.
But I get it, it's polarizing and a lot of vaporents are not into the concept or at very least not every interested in it.
It sort of reminds me of people asking if you like sativa or indica, some people like that discussion (even though it's overly simplistic) and others find weed to be weed and don't really care about the different types. Idk lol, just feels similiar. Regardless, to each their own on that one lol.
All agreed. Of course it is interesting in comparing vapor and vapes. Believe me I have bought enough to be testament to this!

I believe there are difference but I am also sure a lot of it is the mind and herbs playing tricks and me wanting to believe there is. That is half the fun!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
There was a time when I almost pulled the trigger on a BakX and was in the same boat as you. Not owning a mod made it really pricy and to boot I'm paying in Canadian dollars so I decided it was too much.

I wanted the taste of glass with the fine temp control of electric heating so I ended up going with the Solo3 and I'm super happy with it. Maybe one day I'll see if I can snag a BakX.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm still super curious. If it's not too off topic, what do you find are the key differences?

Yeah you might want to open a comparison thread, but BAK has more power available, higher temp settings capable, more pure conduction with narrower glass stems completely surrounded by thick SS ribbon wrapped around... So purer materials and construction as well, leading to better taste along with better vapor quality in general imo and the tubo software preferable to me

Datoneguy

There was a time when I almost pulled the trigger on a BakX and was in the same boat as you. Not owning a mod made it really pricy and to boot I'm paying in Canadian dollars so I decided it was too much.

I wanted the taste of glass with the fine temp control of electric heating so I ended up going with the Solo3 and I'm super happy with it. Maybe one day I'll see if I can snag a BakX.
Very relatable, I was also really really close to a solo 3 last week. Then I stumbled upon the Bakx and was going to do both lol. Then I decided that was too much and was no on the solo 3, yes to the Bakx. There both defintely checking some boxes for me but I'm trying to resist the best I can lol.

I just learned the terpcicle has a coil and pid option. So my current plan is to pick that up instead. Mainly because I'm going to use the vape at my desk anyways and the constant heat part of the equation is what interests me in the bakx compared to the terpcicle. But if I can give the terpcicle constant heat, I think I can call likely satisfy the curiousity I have between the baxk and terpcicle. So current plan is to get some swag for my terpcicle that hasn't arrived yet lol and then pass on the bakx.

I guess we'll see if I come back here in a few hours and flippity flop back over into participating in the war for a Bakx (very possible cuz it looks great lol) . But for now, likely going go with decking out the terpcicle instead. Best of luck to everyone on the drop!

Ps. the tornado is also seeming intersting but I need to see it on video. Is it just VAS season or something? I'm gonna look into the tornado and will try to convince myself not to get it lol. After making my choice there, I'm avoiding this site for a while, too dangerous for vas lmao.

Last edited:
Top Bottom