BAKx - bake all kinds

CaleidosCope

Despite the hefty (probably too hefty?) price tag, I went ahead and got a BAKx. The CannabisSommelier shop is right around the corner, so I'll be swinging by this Friday to check out the unit and get a demo. Stoked to see what it's all about...
I had to see for myself first. Just for the price history...
06/23 Acrylic 185 CHF + 19 CHF PP from Lamart.
12/23 solid wood 265 CHF +19 CHF PP from Lamart.
This time solid wood 08/24. 470 CHF + 49 CHF PP from Cannabissommelier. I read something about an extra cap. If it's the same solid wood, let's deduct 30 CHF. We would like to end up with 440 CHF + PP. (love to have a second cap)

From my point of view, 2023 was really a one-man project, who is convinced of his cause and has developed an ingenious product (With the attitude: hey, I have a great vape... let me earn 50 bucks! ). And from my own experience I can say: difficult to produce. A lot of manual labour. ... All that time, research, prototyping, material drawbacks, testing, inventing... that is nothing worth? Let's put that into perspective. With a decent hourly wage, the thing is a bargain.( ... it feels good again ;) ) Now, they are starting to make (a little) money. Don't expect Lamart to keep the old prices up for the next drop. I’m still waiting for my invitation for a Toad or a Nomad (400 USD and MORE). Hopefully not this year. Ouch.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

This time solid wood 08/24. 470 CHF + 49 CHF. I read something about an extra cap. If it's the same solid wood, let's deduct 30 CHF. We would like to end up with 440 CHF + PP. (love to have a second cap)

From my point of view, 2023 was really a one-man project, who is convinced of his cause and has developed an ingenious product (With the attitude: hey, I have a great vape... let me earn 50 bucks). And from my own experience I can say: difficult to produce. A lot of manual labour. Let's put that into perspective. With a decent hourly wage, the thing is a bargain.( ... it feels good again ;) ) Now, they are starting to make (a little) money. Don't expect Lamart to keep the old prices up for the next drop. I’m still waiting for my invitation for a Toad or a Nomad (400 USD and MORE). Hopefully not this year. Ouch.
I'm not sure what comes with the vape itself from Lamart but CS also includes a variety of stems (wpa, banger, balls, no balls, etc) with it. I glanced at it all and ballparked it in an effort to ease the sting, and when you add those in it's a better deal. The second cap is a fully complete, non-matching cap; I've got one set up with a MP and one with a WPA.

stonedBBer

This time solid wood 08/24. 470 CHF + 49 CHF PP from Cannabissommelier. I read something about an extra cap. If it's the same solid wood, let's deduct 30 CHF. We would like to end up with 440 CHF + PP. (love to have a second cap)

From my point of view, 2023 was really a one-man project, who is convinced of his cause and has developed an ingenious product (With the attitude: hey, I have a great vape... let me earn 50 bucks! ). And from my own experience I can say: difficult to produce. A lot of manual labour. ... All that time, research, prototyping, material drawbacks, testing, inventing... that is nothing worth? Let's put that into perspective. With a decent hourly wage, the thing is a bargain.( ... it feels good again ;) ) Now, they are starting to make (a little) money. Don't expect Lamart to keep the old prices up for the next drop. I’m still waiting for my invitation for a Toad or a Nomad (400 USD and MORE). Hopefully not this year. Ouch.
538 usd for a non hand made device (as opposed to a Nomad or toad which is genuinely hand made) and requires another almost $150 usd mod box to work is high way robbery my dude. I looked at the bundle on cannabis sommelier and realized I could order a firewood 9, a new milaana 4 and still have $$$ left over to a third vape as opposed to getting the lamart one. It looks fancy and all but that price is wayyyy to exorbitant

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
538 usd for a non hand made device (as opposed to a Nomad or toad which is genuinely hand made) and requires another almost $150 usd mod box to work is high way robbery my dude. I looked at the bundle on cannabis sommelier and realized I could order a firewood 9, a new milaana 4 and still have $$$ left over to a third vape as opposed to getting the lamart one. It looks fancy and all but that price is wayyyy to exorbitant

Eh it is still pretty handmade (cannot compare anything to nomad really lol) and box mods can be had for less money than that too... There is no other vape quite like this, Mi4 FW9 TM2 all quite different, so that is totally relative. Not robbery when there is no other alternative and no one is forced to buy this (hell they can probably make their own if they really want to save money)

Falconflys

You can spend that much on a DNA mod or the other option which is just fine is a AF/RP mod. Thats all I use because I had so many from my TetraXs. Running tubo firmware. I know these mods are hard to find but any one on the list that choooo has on his site will work. And choooo has the wismec rxgen on his site as a less pricey option. But gotta wait for the store to open.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
A lot of manual labour. ... All that time, research, prototyping, material drawbacks, testing, inventing... that is nothing worth? Let's put that into perspective. With a decent hourly wage, the thing is a bargain.( ... it feels good again ;) )

I think that's a fair point and personally justifies the price for me. Plus, considering we're in Switzerland and Lamart is a Swiss manufacturer, we're on a high-cost island. No disrespect intended - but you can simply charge those prices here. Hourly rates of $250 aren't uncommon, and we're in an absolute niche market. Additionally, THC-containing cannabis is still effectively illegal in Switzerland, which doesn't exactly foster the market.

I understand anyone who finds the CS price too high. However, I think calling it a rip-off is inappropriate given the fairly comprehensive set, the mod setup (in my case, including personal consultation and a joint session), the amount of handwork involved, and the easy availability without the stress of a Lamart.ch drop.

And at the end of the day, everyone voluntarily decides what to do with their money. Vaping doesn't have to be, but it can be a very expensive hobby. That's something everyone has to decide for themselves.

CaleidosCope

Good Point. SWIM can buy a swiss rolex or a chinese knockoff. They both show the time. Prices are worlds apart. Think about "why"... Decide yourself. Considering SWIM has the money and wants a watch... for life.

When I think of all the vapes I have lying around and no longer use, and how much they all cost together, I feel encouraged to have struck again... enjoyable daily driver.

Last edited:

ycaM024

Flavorizeeeerr
Hello friends, I know the store is on break right now but im planning to get a Hardon mini to use with my bakx once it opens. I'm going to get the" lamart profile install" with it but I also need to "configure the mod to the heater unit". Since my bakx doesn't come from Lamart directly I can't tick the second option. How difficult is the configuration of mod-bakx? Is it possible do it on the mod itself? I'm not really experienced with 510 mods and since i'm getting such an expensive device (off CS, ouch$$) I want to make sure i'll get it to work properly. Thanks 🙏🏽

ycaM024

Flavorizeeeerr
Like I said, i don't have much experience with 510 mods. What is the best choice then.

ycaM024,

CaleidosCope

Hello friends, I know the store is on break right now but im planning to get a Hardon mini to use with my bakx once it opens. I'm going to get the" lamart profile install" with it but I also need to "configure the mod to the heater unit". Since my bakx doesn't come from Lamart directly I can't tick the second option. How difficult is the configuration of mod-bakx? Is it possible do it on the mod itself? I'm not really experienced with 510 mods and since i'm getting such an expensive device (off CS, ouch$$) I want to make sure i'll get it to work properly. Thanks 🙏🏽

If you stick to DNA Mods you can use the Escribe Suite to save your actual "firmware" and can flash Lamarts. Look on his site for some instructions. Some info is in the BAKx manual. You need a mac/pc. Your Hadron need the BAKx material file.

Last edited:
CaleidosCope,
Reactions: ycaM024

stonedBBer

Haha sorry, i didn't get your joke🤣🤦🏽‍♂️
Hahaha all good.
Honestly I'd just cop the ones from cannabis sommelier from what I can tell those are preprogrammed or set up to be easy to use with lamart's stuff and seems to be vetted by others in the community.
I've heard the name arctic fox alot but idknif that's the mod or software.

stonedBBer,

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I was able to pick up my BAKx today and oh my gosh, I'm in love.

Pics don't even come close to capturing how incredibly beautiful this device is. :love:

I can't say much about the function yet, as I'm just getting to know the vape. It definitely has a learning curve but I’m already getting better.

So far, I've been using it dry at low temperatures (190C) with the longer glass stem with the balls, and while I'm not (yet) producing huge clouds, the flavor is just mouthwatering.

The BAKx reminds me of the glass TEDs from TRWW – just pocket-sized, but with similar power. Man, I'm so happy/baked. :razz:

coolbreeze

I was able to pick up my BAKx today and oh my gosh, I'm in love.

Pics don't even come close to capturing how incredibly beautiful this device is. :love:

I can't say much about the function yet, as I'm just getting to know the vape. It definitely has a learning curve but I’m already getting better.

So far, I've been using it dry at low temperatures (190C) with the longer glass stem with the balls, and while I'm not (yet) producing huge clouds, the flavor is just mouthwatering.

The BAKx reminds me of the glass TEDs from TRWW – just pocket-sized, but with similar power. Man, I'm so happy/baked. :razz:
Gorgeous! Do you have a blacklight? :brow::brow:

average_joe

Hello ppl, hope everyone is great. Been using my Bakx 80% of the time for the last many months and gotta say that for an asthmatic is insanely good (and sure for regular ppl also), I wish it could be plugged to the outlet and it would turn into the perfect vape for me, I really really love it and many times I dont even use my desktops anymore cos bakx!

But I am not sure if the magnet issue has been fixed, I know how to fix it using Uhu Max but I wanted to remind ppl that it might happen that the magnets get unattached and it could happen (happened to me) that both fell at the same time, so please be carefull of it as the cap fell right down into my carpet, lucky its a fluffy carpet and you cant notice any damage and cleaning the vape from what got stuck was easy. I made the mistake of using a superglue like super bonder and it happened again, this time I was so quick to catch it that nothing happened. Next time for sure will use the Uhu that I just bought and still be carefull just in case as the oven is hoooooot.

Also congratos for the new owner, at first I thought my Bakx was having issues but when I used the proper Mod it was night and day (from an old Cuboid to Hadron mini) + the learning curve, this art vape is one of the top portables in the world easy.

Goatts

Ralph has a version capable of this, I think CS might as well?? Not a cheap setup, but certainly possible... Would love it as well
TRWW Coil Cap for Quartz Terpcicle/Cap is essentially that and is the desktop version. I bought my BAKx to have a fully portable version of this style of vape. I still use it a lot as a ‘desktop’. Both are fucking amazing!

Falconflys

I've heard the name arctic fox alot but idknif that's the mod or software.
Arctic fox and also Red panda are both firmware, designed for e-cig usage. The mods that are compatible with that firmware are other options rather than a DNA mod because you can load Tubo firmware on them for use with the Bakx. Or TetraX. There's a list of these mods on the Lamart site...There hard to find but are a less expensive option. Lamart has the wismec rxgen3 on his site which is one of those mods

Falconflys,

coolbreeze

My extra cap glows like hell!
It's much more vivid in person:
IMG-0306.jpg

Top Bottom