• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AVS m22

JCat

Accessory Maker
Looks like The Herb Cafe will be stocking M22 stuff from the e-mail I just got from AVS :)

Good news for us Canadian customers! (although I just checked and its not there yet :( )

Might just have to order a 2nd TC crucible to have a backup ... not sure why as the 1st has been bullet proof to-date. :lol:

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
but I'll know better in about a week if this one has any issues with resistance creep etc. (I don't expect it to based on what I've observed with my non-TC v2 cup and the required maintenance therein)

Hey man! How's your experience going?

Has anyone else purchased one of these guys recently? Were there any hangups with your orders at AVS?

VapeEnthusiast,

maxymods

I’m in Denver, and usually have them the day after I order! The latest order I placed was at 8pm, and they still had it out for me that same day. What they have seems to ship very well!

maxymods,
Reactions: Olde7

thevapist

WARNING: Lots of reddit links because that's where all the discussion happens. I feel it's appropriate to link this stuff especially when it's the same person running both efforts. You need to be aware of the actual situation as a consumer, as sad as it is.

Hey man! How's your experience going?

Has anyone else purchased one of these guys recently? Were there any hangups with your orders at AVS?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/pnkpdk https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/pkl1ly https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/pcxsyd
Still the same story it's always been. Have fun getting dicked around. And that's only the very small fraction of complaints that get through to the advertising foru... I mean "reddit". That place looks like it's devolved into the shill mods responding to each thread. Wonder how much AVS pays them to shill like this. Probably nothing, they just enjoy the power trip.

Brent's update in the 2nd link is especially hilarious. Great comments.

You also now have the new folks coming in that have no clue about the history of this debacle:

1631650562215.png

Yea... that never happened. They only sent a few mods to the shills/reviewers to shill as hard as they possibly could. This guy is just riding the hype train to no where.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/n4107v
Imagine needing to lock down your "reddit" this much because you can't take any criticism and so many people are pissed. Sweet safe space they have over there. Nothing to see here folks, just completely open discussion!

1631651128743.png
/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/pcxsyd/anyone_know_how_to_reach_these_guys/hap1w5c/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Just look at this exchange. There's plenty of proof AVS is just dicking people along, and then you have top-tier shills like this. Delete anything you don't agree with and act like an ass to paying customers. Great stuff. You can't make this up and it's no wonder they try and nuke anything on that "reddit". "I'm a shill mod that knows better than you, deleted!" What a JOKE.

1631651522446.png

Seriously... WTF!?!? This is brash even for reddit.

And to top it off, the stuff is still extremely fragile and looks goofy as hell to use. Who is spending $600 on that setup? Sooooo many better options. I can't imagine having to go through a warranty claim with these clowns. I'm also pretty amazed FC allows this company to post here given the history.

This is the saga that keeps giving! Almost 2022! I was laughed at in 2020 when I said they wouldn't get stuff out by 2021. Keep shillin hahaha!

:rofl:

Mod note: inappropriate and irrelevent content removed

Last edited by a moderator:

florduh

WARNING: Lots of reddit links because that's where all the discussion happens. I feel it's appropriate to link this stuff especially when it's the same person running both efforts. You need to be aware of the actual situation as a consumer, as sad as it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/pnkpdk https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/pkl1ly https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/pcxsyd
Still the same story it's always been. Have fun getting dicked around. And that's only the very small fraction of complaints that get through to the advertising foru... I mean "reddit". That place looks like it's devolved into the shill mods responding to each thread. Wonder how much AVS pays them to shill like this. Probably nothing, they just enjoy the power trip.

You also now have the new folks coming in that have no clue about the history of this debacle:

View attachment 13080

Yea... that never happened. They only sent a few mods to the shills/reviewers to shill as hard as they possibly could. This guy is just riding the hype train to no where.

Imagine needing to lock down your "reddit" this much because you can't take any criticism and so many people are pissed. Sweet safe space they have over there. Nothing to see here folks, just completely open discussion!

View attachment 13082
/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/pcxsyd/anyone_know_how_to_reach_these_guys/hap1w5c/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Just look at this exchange. There's plenty of proof AVS is just dicking people along, and then you have top-tier shills like this. Delete anything you don't agree with and act like an ass to paying customers. Great stuff. You can't make this up and it's no wonder they try and nuke anything on that "reddit". "I'm a shill mod that knows better than you, deleted!" What a JOKE.

View attachment 13083

And to top it off, the stuff is still extremely fragile and looks goofy as hell to use. Who is spending $600 on that setup? Sooooo many better options. I can't imagine having to go through a warranty claim with these clowns. I'm also pretty amazed FC allows this company to post here given the history.

This is the saga that keeps giving! Almost 2022! I was laughed at in 2020 when I said they wouldn't get stuff out by 2021. Keep shillin hahaha!

Oh yea, someone sent me this awhile back too:

Yes, I trust this guy after years of delays. Please take my money, Brent!

So, I absolutely agree it's full-on insane that AVS's mod still isn't shipping. I definitely got everything I ordered from them in a reasonable period of time. That having been said, it was sold with a promise that the temp control mod would be available "soon". That still hasn't happened.

I have had a good experience with the M22. I've wanted a waxpen that hits like a banger for a long time, and this is the only product that's scratched that itch. Maybe the new Divine Tribe atty will do that as well, but for now it's just the M22. But given that their mod isn't available, I can only recommend it to hobbyists who are very familiar with using e-cig mods.

I'm not disregarding any of the reddit feedback. AVS is absolutely atrocious at meeting their self imposed deadlines. So it absolutely makes sense that there are pissed off customers. But I wanted to share my experience as well. As someone who has used a lot of 510 attachments, I think it's a great product. I got what I paid for.

What I think is bullshit is posting a seven year old headline about "child abuse" regarding the AVS owner. I clicked on the article. The guy was charged with child abuse for having his daughter in the same house as pot plants. This is a weed forum. Why is that being posted as some sort of evidence of a person's degeneracy?

I've got no problem with letting people know about the challenges AVS customers have had. But this just comes across as someone with an axe to grind.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
So, I absolutely agree it's full-on insane that AVS's mod still isn't shipping. I definitely got everything I ordered from them in a reasonable period of time. That having been said, it was sold with a promise that the temp control mod would be available "soon". That still hasn't happened.

I have had a good experience with the M22. I've wanted a waxpen that hits like a banger for a long time, and this is the only product that's scratched that itch. Maybe the new Divine Tribe atty will do that as well, but for now it's just the M22. But given that their mod isn't available, I can only recommend it to hobbyists who are very familiar with using e-cig mods.

I'm not disregarding any of the reddit feedback. AVS is absolutely atrocious at meeting their self imposed deadlines. So it absolutely makes sense that there are pissed off customers. But I wanted to share my experience as well. As someone who has used a lot of 510 attachments, I think it's a great product. I got what I paid for.

What I think is bullshit is posting a seven year old headline about "child abuse" regarding the AVS owner. I clicked on the article. The guy was charged with child abuse for having his daughter in the same house as pot plants. This is a weed forum. Why is that being posted as some sort of evidence of a person's degeneracy?

I've got no problem with letting people know about the challenges AVS customers have had. But this just comes across as someone with an axe to grind.
Agree wrt the article on child abuse. That's a cheap shot. (The pic of Brent was amusing though).

But my experience with AVS has been utter shit.

My UK based supplier, RVS, have been mucked about with false promises and full on lies. RVS has been fighting to get the latest escc for months now for their existing customers. From end of last year FFS.

Whilst i think their product is groundbreaking, I would never recommend any of their products due to their attitude to customers. Yeah, it works for a bit, until your resistance is all over the place despite being new and correctly inserted so your back to wattage mode. So I now have 2 oos escc. I want a working escc, which is what I paid for , what, 8 months ago....

RVS have finished with AVS so they have no representation outside of USA. He is fighting to get the refunds for never delivered mods but so far has been ignored.
If you pay for a product to be delivered at a certain date and it is not delivered and the money not refunded despite weeks of emails is that THEFT?
In my book it is....

I sent 3 messages to customer support appealing for some product support. My language was very professional and devoid of emotions. Ignored 3 times the twats. No excuse for that.....

So I wanted to share my experience to provide some balance.

Utter shit.
Avoid ....

florduh

Agree wrt the article on child abuse. That's a cheap shot. (The pic of Brent was amusing though).

But my experience with AVS has been utter shit.

My UK based supplier, RVS, have been mucked about with false promises and full on lies. RVS has been fighting to get the latest escc for months now for their existing customers. From end of last year FFS.

Whilst i think their product is groundbreaking, I would never recommend any of their products due to their attitude to customers. Yeah, it works for a bit, until your resistance is all over the place despite being new and correctly inserted so your back to wattage mode. So I now have 2 oos escc. I want a working escc, which is what I paid for , what, 8 months ago....

RVS have finished with AVS so they have no representation outside of USA. He is fighting to get the refunds for never delivered mods but so far has been ignored.
If you pay for a product to be delivered at a certain date and it is not delivered and the money not refunded despite weeks of emails is that THEFT?
In my book it is....

I sent 3 messages to customer support appealing for some product support. My language was very professional and devoid of emotions. Ignored 3 times the twats. No excuse for that.....

So I wanted to share my experience to provide some balance.

Utter shit.
Avoid ....

That's fair. Because you're detailing a problem you personally had. Posting other people's problems from reddit and an arrest for growing pot from nearly a decade ago is not. Leave that kind of bullshit on reddit. That's why I'm here and not there.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Having just re read my post, it was a bit ranty.
I'm just pissed that the few of us in Europe who bought in early have been effectively ignored.

Ignoring my appeals via their support page was also very frustrating.

For balance, it is a good product when it works, and tbh I'm still using mine, just in bloody wattage, which is not what I paid for.

Others may have a wonderful experience with avs but it will take a while before I give them any more of my money..

No more rants from me.....

florduh

Having just re read my post, it was a bit ranty.
I'm just pissed that the few of us in Europe who bought in early have been effectively ignored.

Ignoring my appeals via their support page was also very frustrating.

For balance, it is a good product when it works, and tbh I'm still using mine, just in bloody wattage, which is not what I paid for.

Others may have a wonderful experience with avs but it will take a while before I give them any more of my money..

No more rants from me.....

Yeah, that's not right at all. You shouldn't have had to go through any of that. I know it's not the same thing as a proper TC unit, but if you ever want help setting up wattage curves on Arctic Fox, let me know. Having used the atty in TC and wattage modes, I find the curves emulate temp control pretty well. At least that way it's not a total loss.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

View attachment 13080

View attachment 13082

View attachment 13083

I removed your personal attack because what the fuck.

You have had enough kicks at AVS. Importing Reddit drama here to bash them again is the last time you get to comment on this. You have been banned from this thread.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army

View attachment 13080

View attachment 13082

View attachment 13083

Thank you for the warning. That's EXACTLY what I was curious about.

So it's the same-old, same-old. Broken promises, lies, delayed shipments...

I REALLY appreciate the warning. It seems like only 5 or so FC members are actually buying from AVS at this point. Good to know what's going on other places.

In my book it is....

Yeah. When someone takes your money, doesn't deliver a product, and stops communicating then you have an issue.

I've wanted an ESCC forever, but I just got scammed in another hobby and I'm not very willing to deal with sellers acting suspicious.

Thanks for the warning.

florduh

Apparently, the mod is about to ship. I haven't been following all this very much recently. But I thought I had heard the software on this mod will adjust for resistance fluctuations on the fly. Anyone know if that's right? The achilles heel of the M22 is getting a "perfect" spring clip connection. If the mod can compensate for that it would make it more desirable for less "advanced" users. Big plus if it would allow for less frequent spring clip changes too.

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
Apparently, the mod is about to ship. I haven't been following all this very much recently. But I thought I had heard the software on this mod will adjust for resistance fluctuations on the fly. Anyone know if that's right? The achilles heel of the M22 is getting a "perfect" spring clip connection. If the mod can compensate for that it would make it more desirable for less "advanced" users. Big plus if it would allow for less frequent spring clip changes too.
No setting or messing with tcr values at all. Mine seems unaffected in operation by resistance shifts. And mod tc works as well with oos escc as it does with a tc escc. At least that's all been my experience with the beta mod.

b0

Cloudy...
TBF I'm in Europe, I was a buyer of the original M15 and I have to say that every time I needed help I just DMd on IG and Brent has taken care of me really quick always.

Since my first payment, I haven't paid anything else and I have had several cups and zircs sent to me. There is NOTHING in the market as good as a V2OOS with V3 Zirc and I won't use anything else when out and about.

I never bought the mod or rig, I have plenty of rigs at home and I use a DNA75C as a mod.

Adox

Part-Time Wizard
Yea me too, just got my OOS M22. Vastly different experience than what I'm used to. Between that and the DTV5 I'm having a blast though. It's a definite 'Shut up and take my money' kinda feeling.

lazylathe

Almost there...
My M22 ESCC arrived a week ago and has been used exclusively for that week. Tried my DT V5 with Sic insert and almost coughed up a lung! Harsh and way less taste and it used to be my go to for months!

Using it with my Pico 75 for now, waiting for my Centaurus DNA250c mod to arrive next week for some real testing! Will upgrade to the CT when it is available.

So far the M22 seems to handle TC a lot better than the V5, not sure if it is the design of the heater or just more precise control over its entire surface.

Dabs melt in literal seconds instead of waiting for 20+ seconds like the V5 or previous versions. Flavor and effects are better as well with a lot less product being used.

A great device that has had a lot of issues in the past and is still having some growing pains but will be worth waiting for!

florduh

You know, it's funny. Since I got my DTv5, I haven't touched my M22's. I do agree that when TC is properly working, the M22 beats the V5 in terms of taste and smoothness. But without the proprietary AVS mod, there's a whole lot of fucking around needed to make the M22 work in TC. Sometimes I have no problem installing clips. Other times, I fuck up half a dozen before getting that perfect resistance reading.

For me, the DTv5 with TC is much better than the M22 in wattage mode or with wattage curves. The M22 with wattage curves beats every "e-rig" (other than the V5). But a M22 with working temp control is the GOAT.

Even though I find the DTv5 cups plenty tasty and effective, I'll probably buy the AVS mod. But I refuse to pre-order it. When I ordered the DTv5, it got to me on the opposite coast in about 3 days. I don't really want to order the mod until it ships to me in a similar timeline.

lazylathe

Almost there...
You know, it's funny. Since I got my DTv5, I haven't touched my M22's. I do agree that when TC is properly working, the M22 beats the V5 in terms of taste and smoothness. But without the proprietary AVS mod, there's a whole lot of fucking around needed to make the M22 work in TC. Sometimes I have no problem installing clips. Other times, I fuck up half a dozen before getting that perfect resistance reading.

For me, the DTv5 with TC is much better than the M22 in wattage mode or with wattage curves. The M22 with wattage curves beats every "e-rig" (other than the V5). But a M22 with working temp control is the GOAT.

Even though I find the DTv5 cups plenty tasty and effective, I'll probably buy the AVS mod. But I refuse to pre-order it. When I ordered the DTv5, it got to me on the opposite coast in about 3 days. I don't really want to order the mod until it ships to me in a similar timeline.

Install the clips on the ESCC first and then install on the deck, much easier!
My resistance was noted as 0.5 ohms and is rock solid on my Pico as 0.5.

I loved my V4, V4.5, V5 and now V5 with Sic but the M22 outshines them with ease!

What mod are you using?
There is a lot of help available on Reddit and their discord.

Yeah the circus that has been ordering anything from them has kept me away for ages... Bought it locally soniy was shipped instantly.

The CT on the other hand....
When it is finally available for purchase in think it will be pretty much perfect! May be dead by then though!😂

florduh

Install the clips on the ESCC first and then install on the deck, much easier!
My resistance was noted as 0.5 ohms and is rock solid on my Pico as 0.5.

I loved my V4, V4.5, V5 and now V5 with Sic but the M22 outshines them with ease!

What mod are you using?
There is a lot of help available on Reddit and their discord.

Yeah the circus that has been ordering anything from them has kept me away for ages... Bought it locally soniy was shipped instantly.

The CT on the other hand....
When it is finally available for purchase in think it will be pretty much perfect! May be dead by then though!😂

I've been using M22's for... shit at least 2 years now? Maybe longer? I have the original rough SiC, the smooth v1, and the smooth v2. I have a variety of mods but find the Pico to give me the lowest resistance.

I agree, putting the clips on first is much much easier. Every once in a while, I'll still get into a fucked up clip shame spiral. I think the bigger problem is the resistance drift. After a few days of moderate dabbing, the resistance starts to creep. And both of my SiC dishes have a .7 ohm resistance. So there's not a lot of wiggle room before it stops working in TC. I'm hoping the Control Tower totally fixes this issue.

I'm probably gonna keep using the DTv5 dishes until I have a CT. I even installed the extra dishes on my m22 decks. Now, I have 3 wax pens all with working TC. It was a nice change coming from clip fuckery. Every single one of the cups installed with the correct resistance on the first try. No resistance drift either.

Funny enough, if the CT works as advertised, the M22 will be easier to install than the DT. It's been a while since I've needed to clip wires.

Top Bottom