AVS m22

Pasoa2020

After thinking about it for awhile, I realized I am much more excited about the DTV5 then I am the M22. I was super stoked back in Dec. when I placed my order. But since then i have purchased 5 or 6 dtv4’s for myself and others, and couldn’t be happier! Where as i hear a lot of things that have made me question the durability of some of AVS’s products (Mainly the legs breaking on a $100 crucibl.).You know the DTV5 is going to be on point! Not to mention, I’m sure it will be cheaper..... by a lot most likely, and from my experience DT products have proven to be very durable, reliable, and their customer support is top notch. I still want my m22 e-rig, but it’s just not what’s got me the most excited anymore. Plus, as I’ve said before. “I wouldn’t be surprised if i purchased and received my DTV5, (which isn’t even available for pre-order yet by the way.) before my M22 shows up! AVS really needs to get their operation in order or their product is going to fall victim to superior tech before theirs even reaches the masses!

yeah I’m in the same boat I think. Too many missed deadlines (missed by miles not inches) has me now looking forward to the DTv5 way more than the Control Tower which if I were a betting man I’m pretty sure we won’t see delivered until 2022 at best. I watched a little of the AMA Brent hosted and am already hearing seeds being planted for more delays (mention of chip shortages. I mean this isn’t news at this point and something you’d hope a company would plan since it’s not like this is a new problem)

im also a little concerned around the mention of nee features being added to the CT - rather than focus on new features can we at least get these into the paying customers hands since they were originally committed to be shipped, and I quote, no later than Christmas 2020. Here we are 7 months later.

Pasoa2020

What the hell is this garbage? I NEVER called you a shill, even though it IS really weird of you to bring that up right now. You seem to be REALLY jumpy about that, so I'll leave it be.

As for AVS lying? They have been.

You are seriously emotionally invested in this product, so I don't see much point in arguing with you. I was considering buying (look a few pages back) and I'm not on reddit (because people like you run that place). Based on your attitude, I'm not surprised at all that people from reddit follow you here. You kinda deserve it.

The above quote shows that this has been an ongoing issue.

4 months is not "a few weeks" and nothing you say will change that. Okay? People were CLEARLY mislead about the timeline.

The text on the site is a lie. Not a projection. Otherwise people from January would have their orders. You understand that, right?

Buddy, that's really rich coming from you. You repeating corporate garbage 🗑 about missed dates relegates you to the "troll bin" in my book, anyways.

back in October last year, the listings on the avs web site did not “project” thst the kits and CT would ship before Christmas, they flat out stated that I.e “these WILL ship by Christmas at the latest”

then there was a “small delay” pushing that to Jan. Now here we in July….

Peepyopee

Confidently incorrect is probably the worst stance to assume in any business. It just breeds mistrust and makes you look like you have no clue what you're talking about. As has been extensively mentioned, the AVS deadlines of all sorts have been pooped on and that poop has been stepped on at this point. There is just too much misdirection and not enough ownership of mistakes in their approach IMO. It seems like the only people standing up for AVS are the few rampant social media posters who got their shit.

To those in it for the long haul. There are actually Chinese CTs out there in the wild, but the "alpha tester" community is very tight lipped. There are videos of it working in other hands than Brent's now, but it would be important to know just how reliable the device is. I'll be interested to see some actual volume usage from non-alpha testers, bugs and all.

Get ready for that American CT drop in February 2022. hyyyyyyyype :razz:

Pasoa2020

Confidently incorrect is probably the worst stance to assume in any business. It just breeds mistrust and makes you look like you have no clue what you're talking about. As has been extensively mentioned, the AVS deadlines of all sorts have been pooped on and that poop has been stepped on at this point. There is just too much misdirection and not enough ownership of mistakes in their approach IMO. It seems like the only people standing up for AVS are the few rampant social media posters who got their shit.

To those in it for the long haul. There are actually Chinese CTs out there in the wild, but the "alpha tester" community is very tight lipped. There are videos of it working in other hands than Brent's now, but it would be important to know just how reliable the device is. I'll be interested to see some actual volume usage from non-alpha testers, bugs and all.

Get ready for that American CT drop in February 2022. hyyyyyyyype :razz:

yeah. In some ways I’m almost a little concerned to stick an 18650 (with all the potential dangers thst come from a small device housing a lot of energy) into the CT until it’s proven to actually work all the time and not have potentially dangerous bugs

Pasoa2020,

maxymods

yeah. In some ways I’m almost a little concerned to stick an 18650 (with all the potential dangers thst come from a small device housing a lot of energy) into the CT until it’s proven to actually work all the time and not have potentially dangerous bugs
I think the CT takes 21700s. But what concerns would you have with possible dangerous bugs?
Wouldn’t it be the same with any box mod if not worse since they aren’t designed around the idea of dabbing or is it the new “more advanced” technology that worry’s you?
I’m genuinely curious as I’m still pretty new to the AVS atmosphere(meaning I haven’t had to deal with a huge wait), but did preorder a mod, so want to know what to keep my eyes out for since I don’t know a ton about box mods.

Peepyopee

I think the CT takes 21700s. But what concerns would you have with possible dangerous bugs?
Wouldn’t it be the same with any box mod if not worse since they aren’t designed around the idea of dabbing or is it the new “more advanced” technology that worry’s you?
I’m genuinely curious as I’m still pretty new to the AVS atmosphere(meaning I haven’t had to deal with a huge wait), but did preorder a mod, so want to know what to keep my eyes out for since I don’t know a ton about box mods.
Box mod technology is not really the worry these days. Seems like most accidents happen with user error (i.e. using batteries with bad wraps).

I think you're spot on with the "more advanced technology" portion though. The CT is supposed to have features like auto-fire, and I just haven't seen enough transparency to trust AVS's engineers with a function like that. Arctic fox auto-fire is amazing, but they are very transparent about their software. It's like Tom Waits said, "What's he building in there?"

Top Bottom