Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Reveen

Leonardo, is that you? no offense. I have been too scared to start a 2nd session since I noticed the thing is smoking out the bottom un-packed. You are ballsy my friend. Im still burning-in going on 2 hours, still smoking on its own, Lol. What a mess. Has anyone seriously been successful in getting the thing to stop smoking itself?

Mine never did that, even on the first round of vaping. I'm not sure what is going on there. There was a slight silicon smell before I even turned it on, but after the first bowl, its completely disappeared.

max

Out to lunch
The High Cyde said:
unless honest reviews comes out that the Ascent completely blows away the Solo (in vapor quality).
For future reference in your vape shopping, the cheapest, simplest, vape designs are capable of providing the same vapor quality as the most expensive models. That doesn't mean they're all created equal. I'd much rather use my Cloud than my Vapolution, even though both have an all glass vapor path (aside from the Cloud's bowl).

If you have a Solo and you're happy with it, as far as performance and ease of use, I doubt you'd be interested in any pocket vape, since the performance is compromised to some extent in order to be a vape you can easily put in and pull out of your pocket for stealthy vaping.

thedanks

Wow, that's not good. I'm going to try this test right now. So, are people going to contact Davinci for a refund?

I am pretty sure this isn't going to stop, I've been burning in since last night and then all day so far and when they offer me a replacement that is not something I will be interested in.

I did not expect the solo to perform better. This thing was supposed to replace the solo which I hold in higher regard than my volcano was at least my understanding.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
@nigel Try holding the ascent still and then holding the light so its shinning perpendicular and above the Ascent.

I will do again later today, after errands and such.

But you'd think that there isn't some "magical angle" for the light. Sure, there is an *optimal* angle, but from what I saw from your video, I think I should have been able to see SOMETHING as I moved the two lights (both bright and dim to test different light levels) around???

---------

@thedanks Two things:

I couldn't really see much in your video. Not like I could for @thesoloman 's. Can you put up some kind of black background?

Second: FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN!!! ROTATE THAT PHONE FOR VIDEO!
:)

But that being said, what you are seeing (even if I can't see it in the video) is in less extreme conditions than @thesoloman. So, you'd think even if I wasn't holding the flashlights as he suggested, I should be able to see something??

nigel,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Pretty sure it's not a sensitivity issue--my bro and I both experience painfully high temps holding the bottom casing.

Is anyone else's automatically lowering the temp from overheating?

Last edited:
sam reynolds,

thedanks

I just tried the test and mine also started smoking like this with nothing in the bowl. It started at around 385 degrees and I bumped it up to 425 and sure enough constant smoke. And the smoke definitely has a chemical smell.
I bet they all have it and people are either A, in denial B, dont have a solo or C, haven't checked correctly.

thedanks,

lwien

My question to DV is this. In regards to this off-gassing, we know that just about all vapes experience this when new and most all vape manufacturers suggest running their vape at full tilt for a bit so that these production materials can be burned off. How long should it take before these materials are burned off with the Ascent and when should the units be returned to DV as defective if they continue to off gas like this?

lwien,

The High Cyde

Welcome to the Forum and all the fun, THC.

Guys helping other guys make informed buying decisions? How cool is that?

A group hug is out of course, but maybe this is a good time for a "FC Collective Bow"? I think the exchange of ideas and experiences here is priceless! Good folks helping other good folks.....for free.

Just a bit of personal conjecture, but if the idea is to "completely blow away Solo in vapor quality" you'd best pack a lunch.......

OF

Thanks, I feel welcome already! Anyone would if they join an informed group of individuals :wave:

Ah, my fault about the blowing away part, horrible choice of words. I should clarify to say that the Ascent and it's quality of vapor, in relation to it's cost, in my opinion, is not justified if I get a Solo, which produces vapor just as good (if not better?) than the Ascent, in relation to its cost (the Solo's).

I should also admit and say that I have no experience with either product, so basically I don't know shit :doh: ...yet! (also one of the reasons I've decided to join this community!)

But from the research I've done on the Solo so far, I don't think I can go wrong choosing that as my first portable vaporizer. If I had the moolah I'd buy both and just sit back and enjoy :party:

Cillerix

I just tried this and in the first minute of being at 430F it slightly offgassed (nothing like what soloman showed but still enough to be concerned) then stopped. BTW this vape's smell reminds me of my old m103 solo that had the terrible ceramic heating element

Cillerix,
Reactions: Hexi

Stthings

I just tried this and in the first minute of being at 430F it slightly offgassed (nothing like what soloman showed but still enough to be concerned) then stopped. BTW this vape's smell reminds me of my old m103 solo that had the terrible ceramic heating element

Terrible as in bad for your health or it was just bad performing? The last thing I want in a vape is something bad for my health. I'm afraid DaVinci won't even honor a refund.

Stthings,

max

Out to lunch
Hate to go off topic but to be accurate the ceramic on the Solo that was a problem (flaking) wasn't the heating element.

max,

Rexxe

I have mine turned onto 390 degrees F right now, with nothing in the bowl, and I'm getting significant off-gassing. It does have a strange smell to it as well. IDK what to do...

Yeah, man. I just turned mine on at 430 and left it there for a good 5+ minutes and there was constant off-gassing which has a definite chemical smell.

DaVinci's website does state that they will offer a refund within 14 days of purchase if the device is having issues (https://www.davincivaporizer.com/returns/). I'm pretty sure I'm going to call them on Monday to get an RMA.

I'm really bummed about this.....

Rexxe,
Reactions: Hexi

thedanks

does anyone here think my video showing the off-gassing isn't something people that are currently using this thing should be seeing?

thedanks,
Reactions: sasNW

Stthings

Yeah, man. I just turned mine on at 430 and left it there for a good 5+ minutes and there was constant off-gassing which has a definite chemical smell.

DaVinci's website does state that they will offer a refund within 14 days of purchase if the device is having issues (https://www.davincivaporizer.com/returns/). I'm pretty sure I'm going to call them on Monday to get an RMA.

I'm really bummed about this.....

14 days within purchase. Well, most of us "purchased" it almost a month ago so that would be out the window. Hence why I'm afraid they won't honor a refund.

Stthings,

Skulduggery

It amazes me how many on a fuckcombustion forum are demanding or concerned with thick clouds. Thick clouds come from combustion, smooth vapor from the best ingredients of flowers does not billow into thick clouds. Most of the vapes being hailed as thick cloud producers are moderate butane torches. The fact is EVERYONE here including MYSELF are past, maybe present, combustion smokers, so feeling smoke = good hit...not needed with a vaporizer...with ascent..pack tight, give the flower time to release its oil in the low vape temps, draw consistent and slow because your intake is not needed to help a leaf burn, and wham! I've had 100 people use my super vapezilla and after a hit, everyone who combusted before in their life says immediately, "I didn't get anything." So I'd let them keep hitting it, til they crushed themselves retarded. Similar to the super vapezilla, This ASCENT has more precise temp control than ur Han Solos, clouds, pax etc. with the exception of the defected ones ( thesoloman wtf is up with that burn off?!), im surprised how many can't get this thing to hit. Read slim's, stick's posts about how to use this thing and wah-lah, works every time.

Pappy

shmaporist
:myday:
I referenced off-gassing @ :55 of vid but as stated I wasn't sure what it was.

On a positive note I can see how much thought went into this design. Aside from cosmetic issues -- poor gluing, scratched LED, and misfitted parts -- I'm impressed by its overall design. Functionally speaking, I'd like to see DV increase the unit's airway by multiplying the width of its inner screen and outer straw.

EdE80

Quick question for those of you experiencing the off-gassing. Did you all wipe down the Ascent with alcohol before use? Just wondering if the cause is not cleaning pre session? Still debating about reordering one after I cancelled my preorder...

EdE80,

lwien

14 days within purchase. Well, most of us "purchased" it almost a month ago so that would be out the window. Hence why I'm afraid they won't honor a refund.

Sigh..............I have no doubt that DaVinci would honor a refund from date of delivery rather than date of purchase, especially considering the pre-orders and late deliveries due to customs issues.

Thick clouds come from combustion, smooth vapor from the best ingredients of flowers does not billow into thick clouds. Most of the vapes being hailed as thick cloud producers are moderate butane torches.

Wrong........

Reveen

It amazes me how many on a fuckcombustion forum are demanding or concerned with thick clouds. Thick clouds come from combustion, smooth vapor from the best ingredients of flowers does not billow into thick clouds. Most of the vapes being hailed as thick cloud producers are moderate butane torches. The fact is EVERYONE here including MYSELF are past, maybe present, combustion smokers, so feeling smoke = good hit...not needed with a vaporizer...with ascent..pack tight, give the flower time to release its oil in the low vape temps, draw consistent and slow because your intake is not needed to help a leaf burn, and wham! I've had 100 people use my super vapezilla and after a hit, everyone who combusted before in their life says immediately, "I didn't get anything." So I'd let them keep hitting it, til they crushed themselves retarded. Similar to the super vapezilla, This ASCENT has more precise temp control than ur Han Solos, clouds, pax etc. with the exception of the defected ones ( thesoloman wtf is up with that burn off?!), im surprised how many can't get this thing to hit. Read slim's, stick's posts about how to use this thing and wah-lah, works every time.

I don't understand the need for huge clouds either. Hasn't it been proven that blowing out huge clouds on exhale is a waste of vapor? I can get clouds if I want to, but I feel its a bit of a waste. I prefer to sip on it for a minute or two. It definitely does the trick for me and gets me where I want to be. I honestly couldn't be happier with my Ascent. I do feel for you folks that do have defective units though . . . that is not acceptable and hopefully Davinci will right the situation.

Stthings

:myday:
I referenced off-gassing @ :55 of vid but as stated I wasn't sure what it was.

On a positive note I can see how much thought went into this design. Aside from cosmetic issues -- poor gluing, scratched LED, and misfitted parts -- I'm impressed by its overall design. Functionally speaking, I'd like to see DV increase the unit's airway by multiplying the width of its inner screen and outer straw.

Pappy, I had the same issue as you with no vapor. I figured out that you literally have to sip it and barely inhale. It's like the Pax from what I hear. You just kind of have to let the vapor flow into your mouth.

Stthings,
Top Bottom