• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer XQ2

myxine

Has anyone tried or considered taking the Conniousour bowl turning so the glass screen is at the closer choice and then filled the large part with glass balls for an extra heatsink?

Obviously, I am suggesting an elbow pack for a place to put your medicine to be extracted.
I like the idea. Wondering if there would be any potential pitfalls... wouldn't want to start a fire in the bowl lol.

I have been looking around for a mouthpiece cooler to use the XQ2 more like a log vape. I've seen things like this:

Which I would just use without water, but it's female ended, and doing a male-to-male adapter just seems cumbersome. Anyone know of any good glass coolers that would fit into the unit's 11mm elbow stem?

sickmanfraud

I like the idea. Wondering if there would be any potential pitfalls... wouldn't want to start a fire in the bowl lol.

I would probably draw the heat off by drawing on the whip before loading the herbs.

The piece you showed is 10mm.

I think that there are probably better choices than this, but if you want the same piece for less than 1/2 price:

There is a thread called Cheap, high-quality glass. Ask your question there and I believe you will get more/better responses.

If the goal is to make the vapor cooler, and less harsh you could blow up a balloon and then use the 10mm water piece to inhale from the balloon.

hoptimum

Well, I tried using the connoisseur bowl as described above and the addition of the glass balls did not help vapor production. I packed my cannabIs in the elbow joint and it simply was too far from the heater.

I put a shorter 18/18 bowl on the EQ and it worked great!
No matter what you do there will always be a gap between the heater and your herb because of the cyclone bowl. You can reduce the distance through the size of the bowl you use, but there's always a gap

myxine

No matter what you do there will always be a gap between the heater and your herb because of the cyclone bowl. You can reduce the distance through the size of the bowl you use, but there's always a gap

Yeah.. this becomes even more apparent when trying to use the "flavor" bowl with the XQ2. It's so far away that I have to let it warm up for 20+ mins on 245C to ever be able to get any heat up there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm using a coarse grind and definitely not packing too tightly. It's just too far away I think. For microdosing I just use my portable and have conceded that the XQ2 is just my session vape.

I would probably draw the heat off by drawing on the whip before loading the herbs.

The piece you showed is 10mm.

I think that there are probably better choices than this, but if you want the same piece for less than 1/2 price:

There is a thread called Cheap, high-quality glass. Ask your question there and I believe you will get more/better responses.

If the goal is to make the vapor cooler, and less harsh you could blow up a balloon and then use the 10mm water piece to inhale from the balloon.

I do use the balloon with my bubbler, but it's just more steps than going direct draw like a log vape. It would be cool if someone made a 10mm bead/diffusion mouthpiece for the XQ2, maybe something like that already exists but I haven't found it.

hoptimum

Yeah.. this becomes even more apparent when trying to use the "flavor" bowl with the XQ2. It's so far away that I have to let it warm up for 20+ mins on 245C to ever be able to get any heat up there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm using a coarse grind and definitely not packing too tightly. It's just too far away I think. For microdosing I just use my portable and have conceded that the XQ2 is just my session vape.

I do use the balloon with my bubbler, but it's just more steps than going direct draw like a log vape. It would be cool if someone made a 10mm bead/diffusion mouthpiece for the XQ2, maybe something like that already exists but I haven't found it.
I’ve tried without much success to narrow the gap and increase the heat.

With other desktops I’ve used the heater slides into the bowl, or vice versa, forming a tight seal. But that’s hard with the EQ heater design. The heater itself also seems relatively underpowered.

myxine

I’ve tried without much success to narrow the gap and increase the heat.

With other desktops I’ve used the heater slides into the bowl, or vice versa, forming a tight seal. But that’s hard with the EQ heater design. The heater itself also seems relatively underpowered.

I guess the upside is I rarely seem to combust any herb. If you actually take the time to stir your bowl halfway through you do end up with a pretty even extraction. There's just a lot of sucking hard and fan assisting and pushing it to the max... but I guess that's why it's $180 and not $400.

I'm curious what would happen using a microdose amount of herb in the larger side of the bowl with one of those capped DDave screens. Just let it fly around like a money machine. I reckon it'd get stuck in one corner eventually and you'd be mostly sucking hot air instead of vapor.

sickmanfraud

Just to clarify. You are having issues even when you turn the bowl over so the glass screen is almost on the heater?

myxine

Just to clarify. You are having issues even when you turn the bowl over so the glass screen is almost on the heater?

Eh, it's difficult to say if it's "issues" or just how the product is. I do feel like I have to go hotter than most people on here, but it could just be the quality of the product I get or any number of factors. The unit seems to work fine enough (maybe not as well as it did at first) using the big bowl with the glass screen right next to the heater, like you say. It's when it's inverted to use the small "flavor bowl" that it doesn't work at all - and naturally so as the herb is so far from the heater. But, it's supposed to be used that way, so I dunno what they were thinking design-wise. Maybe I just have a dud. But I can't get squat unless I pack a big old bowl and that's just too much for a solo vaper like me 90% of the time.

It's all moot anyway, I misread tech support's email and accidentally used contact cleaner on the core instead of the interior mantle. I realize it's my mistake, though it would be nice if the manual clarified what the "warming unit" specifically meant. Either way, the unit is stinky toast now and Arizer can't replace the core. If anyone wants it for scrap I'll take the core out and mail it to you. I HATE to see electronics go to waste, it really bums me out. I'd ship with the core intact, but I don't think that would be kosher in my state.

Moral of the story, if something isn't actually broken it probably isn't worth cleaning. That's what I get for trying to perform preventative maintenance. I have no other vapes at the moment so I'm stuck until my Dynavap comes in Saturday. Eeek.

sickmanfraud

@myxine so sorry to hear about your problems with the EQ/XQ and the connoisseur bowl.

If you decide on a new EQ/XQ you need to get an 18mmf/18mmf that is shorter than the connoisseur bowl. Something like this:

Using something along these lines will allow a much quicker extraction if that is what you are after.

I don't want to do anything to DDave's business but IMO this is a necessity for folks who don't want to spend "all day" sucking in more hot air than vapor.

myxine

@myxine so sorry to hear about your problems with the EQ/XQ and the connoisseur bowl.

If you decide on a new EQ/XQ you need to get an 18mmf/18mmf that is shorter than the connoisseur bowl. Something like this:

Using something along these lines will allow a much quicker extraction if that is what you are after.

I don't want to do anything to DDave's business but IMO this is a necessity for folks who don't want to spend "all day" sucking in more hot air than vapor.

You know I tried one of these and my herb literally caught fire at like 200C lmao. I don't know what I did wrong. I reckon you're supposed to use lower temps but I didn't realize that I guess. I shouldn't be allowed near vaporizers!

myxine

did you put your cannabis directly into the short bowl or did you pack the rimmed basket screen?

In the bowl. I thought the DDave screens you were supposed to use with it were capped?

For what it's worth, it didn't explode, it just started to smolder so I pulled it off and put it outside. It didn't hurt anything but I take it I was supposed to elbow pack.

TheEncore

Thank to all here for your knowledge.

I'm new to vaporizers having purchased my first and second vapes (Arizer XQ2 for home and Xmax V3pro for a portable) in the last few months. I've decided that flavor is the most important factor for me, partially because I've always been interested in flavors when it comes to food, beer, cocktails, etc. and partially because I think I'm getting more terps/entourage effect if I'm getting more/better flavor.

I understand the XQ2 isn't the be all and end all of flavor, but it has been great for me to learn the differences between microdosing vs. larger doses, silicone whips vs. shorter glass mouthpieces, and balloons. I have been enjoying the warm, but not too warm, vapor from the XQ2 with a medium grind, the glass whip and flavor bowl.

I'm looking for my next step in boosting flavor with the XQ2 to stave off VAS for the next few months. Aside from finding some fresher/stickier bud which I'm going to try to do for next purchase, what would you recommend I try next with the XQ2?

My first question is whether there are mouthpieces such as J hooks that narrow more at the lip in order to concentrate the vapor, like a tobacco pipe stem does for smoke? Most people seem to focus on open airflow as a positive to make big hits easier with less draw resistance, but doesn't that mean thinner vapor?

My second question is since I rarely go over 392 degrees and am getting fairly smooth hits from my XQ2 with just the glass whip mouthpiece, is there any reason to even try a water piece? I understand that water is generally thought to reduce flavor, but smaller pieces may not? Should I try just a bubbler or ashcatcher? I do still cough a bit, but it's very minor and some hits produce no coughing at all especially under 8 seconds or so. Zero coughing would be better of course, but not at the expense of flavor.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For more cooling pathway straight shot, you can use a mouthpiece like this (they also have a double right angle hook version) or the rogue wax works has plenty of options as well (the store sells out quick but you can message him too) I suppose it could be cool to use a U-turn adapter, drop downs etc, to connect the XQ2 to a little bubbler or recycler that would sit on top of it? Then you wouldn't have to lose flavor to the whip

PeteyS

I don't use a water piece with my v tower. I find that with the cooling of the long whip, there is no need to complicate things.
If your trying to one shot a elbow pack, that may be a different story, and you may want to try a small water piece.

On a side note, how long do you guys warmup/heatsoak your arizer desktop? I find that I don't like to leave mine running 24/7, and always forget to turn it on.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I don't use a water piece with my v tower. I find that with the cooling of the long whip, there is no need to complicate things.
If your trying to one shot a elbow pack, that may be a different story, and you may want to try a small water piece.

On a side note, how long do you guys warmup/heatsoak your arizer desktop? I find that I don't like to leave mine running 24/7, and always forget to turn it on.

Good point on the long tubing, skip the water hassle.
On my OG Arizer, I let the bowl heat soak, for @ minimum of 10 minutes, usually by the time I actually hit it, it’s been longer. I set the temp to MAX, just for the heat up, then dial it back down.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
With my eq, I would also suggest a natural heat soak of 10 mins plus. You can speed this up by using max temp, and if you heat soak the bowl with the fan on that can help reduce waiting time even more. It's still more hassle than being prepared though.

PeteyS

Heres another question for you guys related to heat up times.
How long do you guys and gals leave your flower on the arizer before hitting it.
I like to pre heat my flower a good 60 seconds before "going in.", but i don't really know if this benefits my hit at all, I just do it out of routine.

average_joe

I don't pre heat the flower, I just draw slower at the beginning. I think pre heating the flower (by leaving it on the chamber thats already hot for vaping) would take away some of the amazing flavor, that's why I also use a water piece instead of the whip. I love the improvement of the flavor in the XQ2.

average_joe

Darn I cant eddit my last post and I dont like to be the one posting twice but I am very confused with some ppl experiences and I would love to have feedback. I heard that for some ppl the heating element is the same as the EQ but in my 2012 EQ, my 2020 V Tower and my frIends 2021 EQ (that might have been older but was bought from a store in 2021) I could use them at max temp with the ddave mod and had no issues, a couple weeks ago I was in 248° Celcius to fill up a thick bag and the thing went pufff and burnt the whole material (it was just turned on and pre heated less than 10 min), this never happened to me, could it be that the EQ from 2021/2022 has the same heating element as the new XQ2? Or is it that Arizer isnt calibrating the heating elemts the same? Sad to say I lost a bag and no one wanted to suck that mess so I also lost the material, now its funny to think about it thou XD. I never combusted before with an Arizer vape.

Last edited:

PeteyS

Thats a good question. I have a 2021 V-tower, ordered directly from Arizer.
I have the dave mod, and have never "combusted" but have come very very close at around 230c. I never tried higher then that afterwards.
While using max temp, are you vaping through water? and using the d dave shorty bowl?

Ill have a look at the heating unit and let you know what i see.

average_joe

I dont use the actual ddave mod, I just bought a couple glass adapters that are the same shape but in one the screen sits right on the heater and I only use it for the dugout and the other one seems to be a bit taller than the one ddave sells but works for the same purpose as its shorter than the stock bowl and doesnt have the glass rim, in that one I let the cannabis sit on the chamber. I still call it the ddave as I woudlnt have knew about the option to use other adapters without him and I want to always give him credit as a way of support. I used the max temp in the V tower with a water attachment (the hydratube) and wth my EQ used the adapter with the bag, whip or wpa. I was thinking that theres a difference from what happened when combusted as I put a lot of material making the cannabis stay in place all the time, when I used my v tower or EQ before I never packed that much and I remembered that the material wont stay close to the screen, the fan or myself sucking would make the material lift. But still I think the heating element on my new XQ2 is stronger. Thanks for the reply :D

PeteyS

Cool, Ill try out max temp once more through water and tell you how it goes.

If you want to make another upgrade to the v-tower, look into D daves "one hitter". I have one, and its all i use now days. It consists of his shortie 14mm bowl, a stem that fits into that bowl(goes right down to the heater), and a whip, mouthpiece and whole bunch of extra stuff. Worth every penny, and gives a nice SOLID hit from 0.05g. It even works well for low temp extractions.
Have a good weekend.
Pete.

average_joe

Do you mean the dugout? I made it myself and its amazing how it works, I didnt used it much as I got my Enano for microdosing but might be back to try it with my new XQ2 just for fun :).

average_joe,
Top Bottom