Arizer XQ2

AJS

Calm Consistency
Is there any benefit to using the GRAV?
GRAV is one of my favorite places for adapters and small pieces.
I've noticed the length of Grav tend to be a bit shorter than store bought F2F, which means the heater sits closer to the herb.
I have a few F2F, they all work, but the Grav just seems like by far the thickest, and a bit shorter.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I've noticed the length of Grav tend to be a bit shorter than store bought F2F, which means the heater sits closer to the herb.
I have a few F2F, they all work, but the Grav just seems like by far the thickest, and a bit shorter.
I'm pleased it works for you. I double screen, but I hate deep cleaning vapes. GRAV does have good adapters. Like their keck clips as well.
Put a kief topper on some herb, and got out some Ddave glass for the XQ2. Reliable every time.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Had a bit of a fun experiment with some baggies :D

Ended up packing a little less than I usually do, about 75%, and blew up half a bag.
Packed up another fresh bowl, same size, and finished the rest of the bag.

So basically about 50% more material than I usually use, but mostly just greens without letting it get too dark.

Woowee was that a strong one. Some damn thick vapor and great flavor, effects knocked me out.

Nothing seems to hit me quite as hard as a bag. It's just so much effortless vapor so quickly.
I always cash my bowl before I start hitting my bag. That way there's no clean up once I'm done vaping :)

TheEncore

The half bag idea seems worth trying. You are getting more of the high quality vapor and less of the harsher vapor and further you are hitting it in less time so it isn't going "stale" in the bag. I'm out of flower, but I'll give that a try next time.

ChronPain86

Ended up packing a little less than I usually do, about 75%, and blew up half a bag.

So basically about 50% more material than I usually use, but mostly just greens without letting it get too dark.

Woowee was that a strong one. Some damn thick vapor and great flavor, effects knocked me out.

Nothing seems to hit me quite as hard as a bag. It's just so much effortless vapor so quickly.
I always cash my bowl before I start hitting my bag. That way there's no clean up once I'm done vaping :)
So I can understand this...

Are you filling half a balloon up with vape then scrapping that vaped bud or using it again for another half balloon bag or take some hits with the whip or water device etc before discard that bowl of weed?

ChronPain86,

AJS

Calm Consistency
So I can understand this...

Are you filling half a balloon up with vape then scrapping that vaped bud or using it again for another half balloon bag or take some hits with the whip or water device etc before discard that bowl of weed?
Once the half bag is blown, i completely discard the bud, I don't reuse it.
Then I re-pack the bowl with new fresh bud, put the half bag back on, and continue to blow the remainder of the bag with the fresh bowl.

So now I have a full bag with almost only fresh weed in it.

There's probably plenty still in the weed itself, so if you wanted to reuse it at a higher temp in the whip, you certainly could.

Reza2kn

Hey @AJS ! I think you'd be the perfect person to ask this!

I'm deciding on my first desktop vaporizer, hopefully something that would help me stay off the VAS for a long while..

I'm between a E-nano XL and XQ2 at the moment. the XQ2 is a lot cheaper and easier to get/maintain with the parts widely available, and I love the idea of slowly sipping on a bag when chilling in the house. Since you have both devices, which one would you recommend? Also, have you tried saving the bag for later? for example, blowing one bag, having some, and saving the rest for later? if so, how long can you save it for?

I'm asking this because while I do want a desktop vape, If that something could be providing me with a somewhat-portable vaping experience (in the form of a baloon/smaller form factor of the XL), that'd be awesome. For example, the idea of chilling on a couch/beach while sipping on a balloon sounds amazing! One more question, tolerance aside, is 1 full bag enough to get you buzzing, or too much?

Thanks a ton!

Reza2kn,
Reactions: BigJr48

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey @AJS ! I think you'd be the perfect person to ask this!

I'm deciding on my first desktop vaporizer, hopefully something that would help me stay off the VAS for a long while..

I'm between a E-nano XL and XQ2 at the moment. the XQ2 is a lot cheaper and easier to get/maintain with the parts widely available, and I love the idea of slowly sipping on a bag when chilling in the house. Since you have both devices, which one would you recommend? Also, have you tried saving the bag for later? for example, blowing one bag, having some, and saving the rest for later? if so, how long can you save it for?

I'm asking this because while I do want a desktop vape, If that something could be providing me with a somewhat-portable vaping experience (in the form of a baloon/smaller form factor of the XL), that'd be awesome. For example, the idea of chilling on a couch/beach while sipping on a balloon sounds amazing! One more question, tolerance aside, is 1 full bag enough to get you buzzing, or too much?

Thanks a ton!
Hello!

I don't want to go into comparisons too much on the thread but you can DM me if you want to chat about it!

To answer most questions though...
Also, have you tried saving the bag for later? for example, blowing one bag, having some, and saving the rest for later? if so, how long can you save it for?
I've noticed the bag won't stay great for more than 15 minutes or so. Seems the vapor almost starts to dissipate and hits seem less and less as the vapor sits. Maybe it's just the visible vapor that's affected but the effects are still there? Not sure

If that something could be providing me with a somewhat-portable vaping experience (in the form of a baloon/smaller form factor of the XL)
I definitely blow up a bag, then head outside to just sit back and chill with it for a bit. Or to the couch.

is 1 full bag enough to get you buzzing, or too much?
1 full bag I've found to be pretty damn strong. I'll usually start off my night with one and then sip on the whip more as I game, as another bag could put me over. You can always blow half bags though, although probably not the most efficient use of the amount of herb it still takes.

which one would you recommend?
The XQ2 is a nice, consistent, laid back experience with a lot of options, and can still hit like a truck.

The XL is going to be a great personal, hands on experience with great flavor and extremely efficient, while still very strong.

You can't go wrong.
Watch videos on people using both and see which looks more fun :)

hoptimum

Has anyone tried adding ruby beads to a VTower/EQ/XQ2 to create thermal mass ?

hoptimum,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Happy 420 my XQ2 Friends!

Ended up cleaning my XQ2 to prepare for the holidays. Cleaned out all the glass, vacuumed the heating chamber, and boiled my whip.
Before and after pics below (need to click the side arrow to see next image).

Pretty nice I've only had to do this once so far, and I've used my XQ2 daily since receiving it. Only thing that's needed cleaning is the basket screens.

average_joe

I always used my XQ2 with the whip or with a small wpa that lot of users use for this vape, the vapexhale or the SB Hydromaxx and a couple days ago I started using the SB Hydromaxx conector (I didn't use it before as I combusted on my first try long ago) and now it worked great and I loved it, then I looked to the side and looked at my XQ2 and thought to myself what a wonderful world... no no... too stoned... I thought of using it with the XQ2 (I did conect the xq2 oem whip to a home made adapter and used it with a bong long time ago but it wasn't a great experience). The main difference is that the Maxx tube is shorter, wider and comes with both adapters, that difference made a huge difference in experience, thanks to the great cooling provided by the Bong I got a huge hit, I couldn't even finish the bowl, just one big hit and I am here super stoned writing this message. Have a great weekend everyone.

If you do this maybe use a small bong as I almost killed myself coughing, too big of a hit and it was super smooth, didn't see it coming lol.

average_joe

I’ve had my XQ2 for about six months and it’s great. Sidenote: I‘ve seen people refer to “elbow packing”. Can someone explain what exactly that is?
Instead of filling up the chamber, put the cannabis in the elbow loking glass piece that goes on top (the end of the whip). Maybe you are doing that already. Did you check the ddave mods already?

average_joe,

johnnystanks

I thought I would share a hack that really works. You can use a little herb or a lot of herb. I use the baskets from the discontinued Vapexhale. I put the basket with lid in the 18 mm side of the elbow piece. I will show pictures later. It makes a great balloon and it is efficient as a whip too.

Here is some pictures... video later will show it in action.

IMG-20230511-113945.jpg

IMG-20230511-114020.jpg

IMG-20230511-114037.jpg

IMG-20230505-032404.jpg

IMG-20230511-114155.jpg

Last edited:

hoptimum

I thought I would share a hack that really works. You can use a little herb or a lot of herb. I use the baskets from the discontinued Vapexhale. I put the basket with lid in the 18 mm side of the elbow piece. I will show pictures later. It makes a great balloon and it is efficient as a whip too.

Here is some pictures... video later will show it in action.
I prefer a j hook connected to a bead modified cyclone bowl with an ELB through an 18 mm male adapter

johnnystanks

I prefer a j hook connected to a bead modified cyclone bowl with an ELB through an 18 mm male adapter
I use this mostly for the balloon. It clears a hit in one cycle

BTW it was just a suggestion. I have Stage 4 cancer Melanoma and I am always looking for something convenient and easy to use. Also efficient and effective.

hoptimum

BTW it was just a suggestion. I have Stage 4 cancer Melanoma and I am always looking for something convenient and easy to use. Also efficient and effective.
I'm very sorry about your diagnosis. My sister in law is beginning chemotherapy this week.

I hope cannabis is helping you.

Astedra

So how many bags for a .15 grams of weed @ 225C. some people claim 4, for me even the second one is harsh.

Sparkpug

I was randomly browsing Arizer's website last week and saw there was a sale so I got an XQ2.

I've spent the past few days trying different setups and what I like most is an elbow pack but inside an Aqualab Tech 18mm vape whip adapter connected through a 18f to 18f connector with a screen in the middle (went thru a ton of screens trying to make one fit.) In this case the screen is right over the heater and the weed rests right on top of it.

The experience is vastly different than an E-Nano. I can't seem to get a really long and strong inhale and need to take it in pieces. ABV has been a nice roasty brown. Compared to a Nano its not exactly comparable. I do get high but I need to spend a while on it. With a Nano I take 2 rips and I am done. I think I want the Ddave 1 hitter mod.

I also really like the bag. I didn't think I would. With the default sized bag I am getting about 2 bags with .0040g. The second tastes awful and is much thinner. That first one makes me feel great though. Its super easy to set up a bag so I might make this my bedside table device.

The 10mm on the elbow is too small for the 10mm mouthpiece/bag adapter so only the tip goes in. I did have one from somewhere else that works like it should. Someone else somewhere in this thread mentions this too.

All in all it's a good buy, but it doesn't displace my E-Nano.

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I was randomly browsing Arizer's website last week and saw there was a sale so I got an XQ2.

I've spent the past few days trying different setups and what I like most is an elbow pack but inside an Aqualab Tech 18mm vape whip adapter connected through a 18f to 18f connector with a screen in the middle (went thru a ton of screens trying to make one fit.) In this case the screen is right over the heater and the weed rests right on top of it.

The experience is vastly different than an E-Nano. I can't seem to get a really long and strong inhale and need to take it in pieces. ABV has been a nice roasty brown. Compared to a Nano its not exactly comparable. I do get high but I need to spend a while on it. With a Nano I take 2 rips and I am done. I think I want the Ddave 1 hitter mod.

I also really like the bag. I didn't think I would. With the default sized bag I am getting about 2 bags with .0040g. The second tastes awful and is much thinner. That first one makes me feel great though. Its super easy to set up a bag so I might make this my bedside table device.

The 10mm on the elbow is too small for the 10mm mouthpiece/bag adapter so only the tip goes in. I did have one from somewhere else that works like it should. Someone else somewhere in this thread mentions this too.

All in all it's a good buy, but it doesn't displace my E-Nano.
Overall, DDave’s offerings are miles above and beyond what the stock setup offers. I loaded a bowl full of ABV (yes, I am that desperate) and cranked it up to 430 and have been getting far better results than what I hoped for, both in terms of vapor production and stoned-ness.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Switched up my setup a bit for bags.

I really like using 18mm baskets as my dosing method, but of course an 18mm basket load would be over extracted when trying to blow an entire bag, regardless of the temp or air setting.

So with a bit of trial and error, I cut down a bag to the proper size where it's exactly 2 large full lung inhales.

So now, I can pack an 18mm basket at the end of the elbow bag attachment, throw it in my 18mm F2F that's on the heater, and blow 18mm bowl bags.

The temp range is different, as the 18mm basket sits closer to the heater than the other stock bowls.
I typically only use the highest fan setting with this 18mm setup, as faster airflow usually seems better when it comes to the condensed 18mm bowls ime.

So down at the 330-345 range, you get great flavor and some pretty solid vapor.

At the 370 temp, I get THICK vapor that you can't see through, and while the flavor isn't great or on the fresh side, it's not the dark overextracted flavor you'd get with a larger bowl exposed to heat for longer.

Just a nice condensed potent bag that you have a lot of control over.

Top Bottom