• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

solidrock11

After purchasing a new charger after getting the 3 flashing light error, I still cannot get my solo to work. Now instead I get the green charge icon flashing and the blue idle light constantly on. Yet it never shows its charging like it used to going number 1-7 slowly. Doesn't seem to be charging at all.

solidrock11,

samirfuzzywuzzy

first Impressions of the wood stem were bad. I have the newer model black solo and the stem I got has no taper on the metal part. The fit was so tight that unless the holes and notches line up there was almost no vapor. After i sanded the metal end a little it came to life. Works good. stays at temperature better then glass stems if you sit in front of a fan or ac vent. Helps a lot in the car were air vents are so close.

Can you see whats going on here?
20130627_192807.jpg

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

samirfuzzywuzzy,
Reactions: thesoloman

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
first Impressions of the wood stem were bad. I have the newer model black solo and the stem I got has no taper on the metal part. The fit was so tight that unless the holes and notches line up there was almost no vapor. After i sanded the metal end a little it came to life. Works good. stays at temperature better then glass stems if you sit in front of a fan or ac vent. Helps a lot in the car were air vents are so close.

Can you see whats going on here?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.
If the perspective of the picture is set right, I believe the stem tapers narrower from top to bottom. Mine is somewhat opposite. I hate to suggest the possibility that the metal bowl should be on the other end. I think mine works very well!

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Picture removed.

Snappo,

Soul_Ace

Still looking for opinions on which is better.....18 mm GonG (stock) or the PV stealth adapter ? Im debating whether or not to return the GonG ( havent used it) because the Bent turbo already gives me great tokes so maybe instead of a GonG, I get the stealth adapter for easier outside/travel use ?

All Opinions and advice welcomed.

Soul_Ace,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The better one is the one you want more.

The vaping end is the same (and the differences between a stock stem and a PVHES have been posted plenty of times).

We can't really tell you what you want...
The gong will be far better for attaching to glass, the stealth will be a bit easier to rig up a stealth setup.

I'd say stick with the gong, but if you really want the stealth, grab one of them...
:2c:

Soul_Ace

The better one is the one you want more.

The vaping end is the same (and the differences between a stock stem and a PVHES have been posted plenty of times).

We can't really tell you what you want...
The gong will be far better for attaching to glass, the stealth will be a bit easier to rig up a stealth setup.

I'd say stick with the gong, but if you really want the stealth, grab one of them...
:2c:

Thats the thing; I wont be attaching anything to the GonG ...so is it pointless to have ? ...how much better does it pull then the bent turbo is what im looking to know... ?

Soul_Ace,

garett

Dear Solo Users and FC Community,
first please excuse my bad english, i´m from austria (no kangoroo´s :) ) and english is not my native tongue.
I´m new to vaporizing and after hours of research i decide to buy a solo, or maybe an ascent but i dont think this thing will come to europe this year.
I have read the first 150 pages of this thread, (btw this is a great forum) and i´m getting more and more confused about the solo. I thought its a safe vaporizer with no issues, but some people talking about a bad plastic taste. The fact that the heater sits in a plastic bowl isn´t really trusty for me.
I saw some pictures of an opened solo but i´m not an engeneer, so i cant tell if the plastic bowl is safe or not. I have read that one user throw his solo in the trash because of the plastic problem.

Can someone please tell me facts about that?
Ist it safe or can the plastic bowl give me some health problems?
Is there a staement from arizer about that?
Is the SS heater better than a Ceramic Heater?

I would like to buy me a M1A Model. Are there any known Issues?

Thanks for your answers.
greetings

garett,

OF

Howdy, Garett, welcome to the fun. Sadly, your English is a lot better than many who learn it as their only language in our Public Schools......

I think you've got nothing to worry about, the plastics used seem quite appropriate to the maximum temperatures. Nobody has had objections that 'have held up'. And we can be a pretty picky lot. The taste is widely held to be amongst the best and most pure.

Ceramic bowls are no longer offered, and good thing, many of them chipped.

There are no known issues with the current models except a few guys who have had troubles with the charger.

You should be happy with it, I believe.

OF

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
The bowl is not plastic, and it never has been.
The heating element used to be ceramic. There were some issues with the ceramic chipping in some units. Whether this poses much of a health risk is debatable, but as a result the current models use a stainless steel heating element.

Edit: OF beat me to it.

Han Solo,

garett

I have just eksplained the airpath to you over several posts. The heating element is held in plase by a plastic bowl, u suck air down the outside of the ss bowl and between the plastick.
So u got a hot plastick airpath before it enters the four holes in the bottom of the heater.
I would provide pictures but my unit went in the garbage yesterday.

you can find this post on Page 149

There are also some pics (i can´t see them) but some users describe the "plastic" airpath. And someone put this bowl into an oven for about 200C and it melts.

I just want to get sure.

garett,

garett

Thanks OF, i do my best to spell everything right :)
So you are sure that the plastic bowl appropriate to the maximum temperatures?
I don´t want to inhale meltetd plastic, because in this case i schuldn´t need stop smoking :)

garett,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ist it safe or can the plastic bowl give me some health problems?
Is the SS heater better than a Ceramic Heater?
I would like to buy me a M1A Model. Are there any known Issues?
Thanks for your answers.
greetings

"PLASTIC"?
Sorry this is a "false statement"!
I've dissembled both of mine and know them well so I believe.
I own 2 of them and use them daily.

Don't dwell on the MODEL numbers.

I'm a "HEALTH NUT"!
I love the glass stem. (FLAVOR not bad at all!)

This is a very efficient portable medical device.

Your English is fine.
WELCOME!

garett

Thanks ataxian this was very helpfull.
But what is it all about that somewone say that the heater fits in a plastic bowl.
What is ist made of?

garett,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
But what is it all about that somewone say that the heater fits in a plastic bowl.
What is ist made of?
The Bowl is Stainless Steel.

The element supporting the bowl is a High Temperature Material.
It's not even an issue.
Sorry who ever made such a claim is sadly mistaken!

ataxian,

garett

I think we have a misunderstanding here. I know the heater is made of Stainless Steele.
But i can read in some positngs that the heating element is held in place by a plastic bowl. And this is a little bit confusing to me. And my question is, is it true that this plastic bowl (or what ever it is made of) can handle such high temerpatures.

I´m a Healthy Nut like you, and i don´t want so inhale molten plastic.

garett,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think we have a misunderstanding here.
I´m a Healthy Nut like you, and i don´t want so inhale molten plastic.

My modified glass stem.
SILICONE wrapped in TEFLON Tape to make an air tight seal.
Temperature is not an issue at this junction.
The flavor is insane!
As in good!
"DREAMER" gave me inspiration for a glass with a smaller opening:

clouded vision

if you look back one page Garrett I posted a picture of the SS heating cup and the "plastic" ribs that hold the cup in place. that pictureis after heavy use and as you can see there is no melting ,charing or any other issues with it. it isn't really plastic in the traditional sense but a high temp resin. if you read the first 150 pages I would have bet that somewhere in there arizer or someone else must have commented in the exact composition of the resin. there are several different plastics that will hold up to high temp applications. if you check out the herbalaire you will see that the mouthpiece right next to the crucible is made of teflon and that thing gets really hot right where it is but teflon is rated safe up to 500°f which is way above combustion temperatures.
just because something is plastic doesn't mean it will melt at high temperature. arizer is a reputable company and wouldn't put it a product that could harm anyone, also you are not the only health nut on here and there is no way the solo would be so popular if it weren't completely safe. if what everyone has told you isn't enough to ease your concerns, I'm sure you could email arizer or their European distributor which you can find within the last 20 pages, and they could tell you what material is used so you can research it yourself

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
just because something is plastic doesn't mean it will melt at high temperature.
Hi Clouded Vision:

I'm a bit clouded as well!

Plastics come in many compositions.
Melting Point of a given material to be use for an application is one of the very first consideration when designing for the market place. When I was active in my previous life we had to build some equipment on site because of import laws.

We used many different plastics that could handle the abuses of high heat.

I too have health concerns.
Like you I have had both of mine apart and I can not find fault in it's design base on the price point it's being offered at.

Sure it could be smaller even yet and look like an IPHONE however the price would change!

clouded vision

I wish I could say the same but unfortunately I am working right now and have to have a clear head to talk to all the attorneys and accountants I have trying to swindle me everyday. Only 7 more hours until I can get all cloudy

clouded vision,
Reactions: ataxian

samirfuzzywuzzy

If the perspective of the picture is set right, I believe the stem tapers narrower from top to bottom. Mine is somewhat opposite. I hate to suggest the possibility that the metal bowl should be on the other end. I think mine works very well!

Sorry I dont understand what your saying. you can only insert the stem in one direction. mine has ZERO taper on the metal. With a brand NEW m1a4 and a brand NEW granidillio stem I get almost zero vapor.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

poonman

Yes , I didn't understand his question either .
I don't own an Ed's stem but I thought the other end was made of wood and was the mouthpiece .

How come you get zero vapors ?

poonman,

samirfuzzywuzzy

Yes , I didn't understand his question either .
I don't own an Ed's stem but I thought the other end was made of wood and was the mouthpiece .

How come you get zero vapors ?

my intial thoughts were: this thing is awesome. It looks and feels good to hold but function is different.
Mine as I keep stating has no taper in the metal. There is almost no air flow until I modded it. Keep in mind my metal grommet on eds stem looks different and my solo is brand new. After I slotted up the sides i get a lot of air flow but almost no vapor and the load comes out cooked (waste of material).

samirfuzzywuzzy,
Top Bottom