Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
IMO the good thing about the PN WT is that you can use stock, stealth or GonG stems on it. The volume that this WT has is so small that I don't see any reason to clear, unplug, unattach, etc etc. I just draw as much as I can and exhale. Relax and repeat till its done.
Enjoy yourself :)
Or you might be a tight wad like me and have incredible flavor with very few resources:

Soul_Ace

I have a Stealth Adapter stem.
IMO it only works for certain cases. IMO you don't really need the stealth adapter. If you want to and have the $$$ do it, but if you are short on $$$ don't do it.
I used it with my PN WT with a silicon stopper as a reducer. You can check my Solo video drive in my car. I just used it like that because i was worried about water spilling back to my Solo due to the 14mm GonG stem mouthpiece being wide, not as the Stealth Adapter that is like 2 or 3 mm mouth. Luckly I did it. I saw water pooling in between the silicon stopper and the coned end of the S.A.Stem.
That way I avoid my herbs and Solo from getting wet. Makes any sense.

What is PN WT ?
Can you really draw good using a straw with the stealth adapter ?
Do you ever use the GonG just stock with the solo ?

Sorry for all the questions....just got into portablevapes

Soul_Ace,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
I would just like to report that for the first time since I bought my solo I've had an accidental bowl combustion. Admittedly I loaded the bowl and packed it tight with ground up powdered ABV so it was very hard to draw thinking id be able to squeeze the last bit out of the herb at temp 7. Then after a few strange tasting hits I notice a horrible smoke taste in my mouth and a burning throat. So I took the end out and it was smoking quite significantly and had to be emptied out my window as it stunk real bad and almost got me rumbled.

So my advice is:

1 Don't repack ABV too tight if at all
2 Possibly use ISO wash instead to avoid risk
3 I'm starting to think setting 7 is too high on the M107 even when not packed tight

Oh and this happened when using the PVHES stealth adapter with silicon tubing whip to help draw slowly without burning mouth.

Krizzle

Hi Very high
What is PN WT ?
Can you really draw good using a straw with the stealth adapter ?
Do you ever use the GonG just stock with the solo ?

Sorry for all the questions....just got into portablevapes

Its a Pinnacle Water tool for the vaporblunt vaporizer but can also be used with the Solo using a 14mm Gong Adapter. Reading the last few posts apparently you can use it without this just needs a seal of sorts? People use there GonG stock all the time it seems just depends on your mood but it does work. I have just ordered mine from PlanetVape. I haven't used a straw with my stealth adapter yet but have used a silicone tube(whip) and got good results but the vapor didn't seem to last too long.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111030702083?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Krizzle,

dsal1

anybody ever had this. I turn my solo on with or with out the PA, it comes on and shows the battery level then starts to warm up for about 10 seconds then shuts down and starts the process all over again then shuts down, over and over. Battery or unit ??? I have never had any problems with this solo until now, its a M-107.

Thanks in advance

dsal1,
Reactions: OF

solidrock11

Hello,
I've had trouble recharging my Solo. The bottom three lights, including the blue idle light, flashes and the unit emits a high pitched tone. It is not charging. What am I doing wrong?

Model is M1A4 if that helps anyone.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

solidrock11,

clouded vision

Hello,
I've had trouble recharging my Solo. The bottom three lights, including the blue idle light, flashes and the unit emits a high pitched tone. It is not charging. What am I doing wrong
that one is easy, plug it in wait for the long beep, then hold both buttons for about 4 seconds, until the beeping stops, wait 10 seconds unplug it then plug it back in. The solo us very finicky about the voltage being supplied and some of the chargers are faulty (within acceptable margins of error for normal electronics but not the solo) probably just got a village spike which trips something in the solo to prevent damage, similar to flipping a breaker, if you search for posts by member OF in this thread and comb through them he has explained several times exactly what is happening but resetting the unit is the answer

solidrock11

That did not work. My beeping is constant for the five minutes I let it go. When I tried it during the first initial beep, the blue idle flashed for however long I held the two buttons, and the beep continued forever until I let go. Then it went back to the 3 flashing 1-3 temps + blue idle + constant loud beep during its attempt (and failing) at charging.

solidrock11,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That did not work. My beeping is constant for the five minutes I let it go. When I tried it during the first initial beep, the blue idle flashed for however long I held the two buttons, and the beep continued forever until I let go. Then it went back to the 3 flashing 1-3 temps + blue idle + constant loud beep during its attempt (and failing) at charging.
send it back and let the manufacture deal with it!
Or an expert such as "OF" may know of a solution?

poonman

I don't know about your unit .
But some have reported it was the charger that caused their electrical problems .
And not the Solo itself , you can get another charger to try .
I know the info for the charger and posts are a few pages back ....maybe 20 pages .

And I'm guessing you don't have the PA , to see if it works at all .

poonman,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

I turn my solo on with or with out the PA, it comes on and shows the battery level then starts to warm up for about 10 seconds then shuts down and starts the process all over again then shuts down, over and over. Battery or unit ???

Sounds like battery to me. Two ways to confirm, first turn it on but don't start heating, it should be fine for a while. It should also be able to stay 'normal' for a longer time (about 5 times longer) in PA mode (if you have one) before the battery fails again. Once the load is gone, the battery recovers enough for another go.

My guess is the unit's fine, the battery (more accurately one of the 18650s) has gone to battery heaven.

Hello,
I've had trouble recharging my Solo. The bottom three lights, including the blue idle light, flashes and the unit emits a high pitched tone. It is not charging. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like the all too common charger problem many are having lately. The current model part fits that well. You can go for a warranty replacement, Radio Shack sells one that's popular, and Jameco has several attractive options.

OF

clouded vision

when did you hold the buttons, during the first initial beep or did you wait until after that when the long beep started and didn't touch anything during the first sorry one? Make sure youtry it on the long beep instead of the first short one, if you already tried this way or it didn't work then you are left with ataxian's suggestion of contracting arizer

OF

Could you tell me what I am looking for at radio shack? And what do you mean by warranty replacement?

Take the charger in, nobody has posted the part number they're using (12VDC at 1 Amp "Enercell" supply I think, it needs this adapter (I'm told included with the purchase):
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3780266

They should be able to set you up if you put the factory one in their hands, they've done so for others.

If you bought your Solo through a legitimate source in the recent past (90 days?) you should be able to get a warranty replacement, others have.

You're welcome.

Jameco on line to save driving time.

I agree, and I think you get a superior product at a lower price. Some guys want to walk in and walk out with it.....which I also understand.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

thesoloman

Homemade Solo shorty turbo stem, it all started with a broken stem lol. now its my favorite stem with the most airflow.
IMG_5810_zpsfd4575af.jpg

b0

Cloudy...
What dremel bit will I need to mod a stem? I have a dremel but not sure about what bit is the best, never worked with glass before. I supose I should torch the part dremeled too, right?

b0,
I ended up buying my charger from Best Buy. It was like $22 or whatever. 1.2 mA and 12 volts. Works like a charm.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: OF

poonman

I ended up buying my charger from Best Buy. It was like $22 or whatever. 1.2 mA and 12 volts. Works like a charm.

Nice find ,
Can you post a pic or the brand name .
I have a Best Buy around here too .
Plus there's a few new posts asking about chargers .

tia

poonman,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I would just like to report that for the first time since I bought my solo I've had an accidental bowl combustion. Admittedly I loaded the bowl and packed it tight with ground up powdered ABV so it was very hard to draw thinking id be able to squeeze the last bit out of the herb at temp 7. Then after a few strange tasting hits I notice a horrible smoke taste in my mouth and a burning throat. So I took the end out and it was smoking quite significantly and had to be emptied out my window as it stunk real bad and almost got me rumbled.

So my advice is:

1 Don't repack ABV too tight if at all
2 Possibly use ISO wash instead to avoid risk
3 I'm starting to think setting 7 is too high on the M107 even when not packed tight

Oh and this happened when using the PVHES stealth adapter with silicon tubing whip to help draw slowly without burning mouth.

you have to be the first person in this huge thread that has ever combusted with the Solo. i own a m107 and use 7 to finish my sessions and i have never come close to combustion. not sure how you did it but i guess you did

OF

Cool. I assume you meant 1.2 Amps (or 1200mA)?

How did you deal with the strange plug issue?

TIA

OF

OF,
Top Bottom