Arizer Solo

barry1309

I'm not quite sure I get what you mean... what is the utmost in loyalty refer to?
You responded to someone a little while back who was deciding who to purchase from for best reliability, warrenty, etc. Therfore, Arizer would probably be the most trustworthy. So I am about to receive my Solo in a day or too. I currently use my Q daily with an AquaVape Inline cooler attached to the whip as a mouthpiece. In lieu of this preferred method, what setup would you recommend to have a similar experience. I really need the water run since the dryness gets to my throat. Thanks

barry1309,
Reactions: CentiZen

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Barry, firstly PV and Puffitup give us great service so no need to go to arizer especially if we can get good deals, extras and if in the USA warranty service without sending it over the boarder. Secondly the solo works great with most water tools but a lot of us like the new PN WT and the infamous for something small, portable and just cute.

poonman

If anyone could answer a few questions to help me fix my smelly and unpleasantly tasting solo, I'd greatly appreciate it:

(I've run the solo at least 30 minutes total on 7 to try and 'flush out' the nasty burnt popcorn taste I get with every draw. Getting a little better, but I've seemed to have reached a limit).

1) When I heat up the solo to 7 (or any heat), then take a whiff of the heating chamber, I can smell the same burnt taste/smell.

When you do this with your solo, does the first whiff or so have the same mild-strong burnt aroma?

2) When I'm vaping and take the stem off at any point (usually after a few draws), I can see visible smoke/dark vapor emerge from the heating chamber.

Does anyone see the same thing with their solo?

Thanks a ton - taste has gotten a lot better since last time but it still is overpowering the 'bud' taste, even at lower temps.

That does not sound right BTC ,

1) You have a new Solo , so the chamber should be shiny clean still , no resins or herbs .
It shouldn't give you burnt smells .
2) Is it smoke or just vapor , you see ? Does it smell like smoke ?
Do you see white ash like in cigs .smoking ?

Either way , it just does not sound like a good unit .
As you can see from some of the newer owners that have just posted .
They are enjoying it with ease .
I would look into exchanging it .

edit ;
No schedule time in between hits , I just hit it .
But I always let the first hit cook a little longer , 1 minute or 2 .

poonman,

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Nug or ground and it all works and I don't stir either. The solo is just a great machine. ..... Or you can join me in how oily you can get your stem challange
First off, I must concur. I've only recently acquired my Solo (m1A3), but fortunately already own a PVGonG 18mm Stem. Before being able to use it, I had to clean it. It had SO much oil in it, it's hard to describe Dreamerr. I had been attempting to harvest the oil & not lot it drip-out/accumulate too-low down(so as to stay IN the stem). I am a complete newb when it comes to ERLZ, & therefore I don't even know what to do with it. I heated the stem & let the ERL collect on a piece of tin-foil. Not sure of weight, but about the size of 3 'quarters' if you stacked 'em on top of each other. Is this oil worth using? If so, I would like to start experimenting in the diff. ways to do so(like I said, Hash virgin). This is also an EXTREMELY important question for myself; I need to know whether or not to harvest these oils(collecting in A LOT of assorted adapters & stems, for obvious reasons) or to simply take the lazy-route & throw my stems into some grunge-off.. which is what I have done in the past since I tend to love the ease of GO. The substance(oil) is extremely viscous, even at room temp.(in a hot room). Not the easiest to handle, that's for sure. Would love some knowledge dropped on me! :nod:

Oh, how could I forget?! The Solo, BTW, is FANTASTIC! I don't really think it's much of a question anymore, as there are so many satisfied Solo owners, & Arizer has worked hard to correct any previous flaws the unit may have had. Same can be said for dozens of devices, but the Solo manages to be a Jack-of-All-Trades so to speak(IMO) when compared to portables in particular. It reminds me of a Nissan GTR (Skyline), due to its high functionality @ fraction of the cost of its competitors, which include Lamborghini & Ferrari FTW. :rockon:
I was able to acquire a brand new Solo, 4x Stems(total), etc., AND a Power-Adapter as well(+acrylic grinder. PM me, if you'd like it for free). All for a smidge over $170! That is the best deal I will likely ever get, even if I were to have bought it used. This was through a legitimate retailer & was a one-day only sale. For the same price(roughly), I acquired my HA 2.2 for a steal off Amazon. I'm forced to realize that one does NOT NEED to spend over $200, to own a quality vaporizer! I don't feel foolish for having done so in the past, & would do so again(if needed). However, I do want others to hear it from somebody that currently owns/uses a vaporizer that is quite expensive, & hyped up as much as the VXC is/has/will. IMO it definitely does deserve the praise it receives, but in no way should this be understood as: "The More Expensive Vape=The Better Vape". Devices such as the SOLO (& HA) will continue to compete with the more expensive big boys as well as those in the same price-range .. & I don't see why they shouldn't/won't prevail. Continuing to deliver us delicious cannabis vapor for years to come! Both vapes happen to be supported by PlanetVape, & their exclusive line of GonG Adapters are the icing on the cake (IMO), especially for the Solo, which is more on topic anyways. The adapters from PV, will truly take your vapor experience to new heights (so they say on the website, but it tis truth); new heights without a dry/sore throat! :science:
- Thank You Solo - :peace::rofl::haw: :wave: :peace: :2c:

BTCsolo

Take off the cover and dump out all the herb you have sitting below the chamber. Just turn it upside down and shake it out. You will be surprised how much is under there. If you are brave, I am not, you can open it from the bottom and do it. Take out the stem and run the solo to clear whatever else is left. Iso the chamber first. Also if you stems are dirty with debris not oil it will change the taste even the oil does so that might be something you would want to clean as well. Or you can join me in how oily you can get your stem challange.

Welcome to the forum BTCsolo and pizzaroll. Pizzaroll thanks for making me hungry for something I can't get where I live at least a good one.

Last time I opened the top / took off the cover, I wasn't able to find any way to 'look' underneath the bronze heating plate (where I though herb might be trapped under). I simply blew some air into it then put the cover back on.

Are you suggesting somehow removing debris trapped underneath the heating chamber? If so, how?

BTCsolo,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
BTC, you can just shake it out. I wasn't suggesting opening anything from that end. What I meant if you wanted to possibly do a better job you can take out the four screws in the very bottom of the solo like you are going to replace the battery and blow it out that way. I personally don't feel the need and did try to get the screws out and was afraid I was stripping them. I after trying that just did what you did and since I saw so much come out I assumed it was good enough. I hope that was clearer.

GratefulVapor, I am new to oil/reclaim as well. I stick to one thing till I learn it I find I need to with this kind of stuff. I had to learn the new generation of herb lingo and such. I then came on to vaping and now slowly learning about reclaim and making oils/butter. Now is it worth it, I think it definitely is. You can do many things depending on how you want to try stuff.

First if you don't want to have a oily stem you can just clean it in iso. Dedicate an iso jar for cleaning screens, stems or any other parts from any vape. After the iso is no longer being effective or it is dirty enough to annoy you dump it through a screen into a dish and let it evaporate. You can then scarp the yummies and vape it yet again. I believe that will give you a couch lock feeling but I forget.

Second you can let the stem get really oily. I have been working on mine over a month and I vape a lot but I do not vape with people so it is me only. I also use other vapes and do switch stems sometimes but haven't in a while. Now you can either scrap the stem like Micheal does and save it in a jar or you can use it to eat/drink. People have made hot chocolate al a stem, tea, and I made a few things but one was butter for my bagel that I had with baked salmon yum.

So you are learning right along with me so pass on the wisdom you get as well.

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Last time I opened the top / took off the cover, I wasn't able to find any way to 'look' underneath the bronze heating plate (where I though herb might be trapped under). I simply blew some air into it then put the cover back on.

Are you suggesting somehow removing debris trapped underneath the heating chamber? If so, how?
You need to be unscrewing the threaded metal cap, not just popping the plastic top cover tab. Unscrewing this cap may reveal some ABV that you can blow out. If that is what you did and could not find anything, perhaps try removing the screws on the bottom to slide the entire cover off and blow out what you find. Good luck. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

happyTrails,

Armerad

Dabbin'
My 5 pack of Silicone rings came today.

I've tested a few bowls with both my PVHES GonGs, it is giving me ideal airflow while securely holding the stem. Definitely a must have for tinkering owners. I'll probably fuss with the 4 other ORings I have, but unmodified this is already awesome!

OF

My 5 pack of Silicone rings came today.

I've tested a few bowls with both my PVHES GonGs, it is giving me ideal airflow while securely holding the stem. Definitely a must have for tinkering owners. I'll probably fuss with the 4 other ORings I have, but unmodified this is already awesome!

Excellent. Glad you're getting good results. I suggest you try the notched rim idea, it much improves my stock stems use. It's also got me thinking about taking the factory seal out and seeing what happens then?

Thanks for the feedback, I agree, it's worth trying.

OF

vapomancer

I've had decent results using a crudely notched o-ring with my standard GonG adapter , it definitely improves the airflow without slowing the vapor production . I've also tried an uncut o-ring with my PVHES straight stem and don't think it slowed the airflow enough to notice . The PVHES compared to the stock straight stem flows and produces much better . I'll post when i finally have tried all options , but for now I've kinda settled on the notched o-ring holding my GonG .

It's also got me thinking about taking the factory seal out and seeing what happens then?

I've been considering that from the start , has anybody tried removing the stock ring ? My tentative attempts to pry it out with a small screwdriver seemed to be gouging up the ring more than moving it ...

vapomancer,
Reactions: OF

OF

I've been considering that from the start , has anybody tried removing the stock ring ? My tentative attempts to pry it out with a small screwdriver seemed to be gouging up the ring more than moving it ...

I found basically the same thing, thanks for the confirmation.

Don't just rip the seal out, it's not a normal ring. You'll see it's kind of a collar with a flange over the top that rotates within the housing? I think that whole bit comes out (and goes back in without damage). You need to carefully disassemble the unit by removing the outer cover. I messed with it a while back, it's pretty straightforward, but forcing stuff isn't the call IMO.

OF

OF,

unpro1

Psych
Can anyone verify that the MFLB's battery caps are the exact same as the SOLO's travel caps?

unpro1,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Can anyone verify that the MFLB's battery caps are the exact same as the SOLO's travel caps?

Yes they are, pre-load and slip the cap over the bowl and you are good to go, but...and this is a big but, go to Home Depot and buy 1/2" screw covers in the "specialty drawers" in the nuts and bolts aisle. .74 cents for two of them and they are the same cap.

jaynsad

Planning on purchasing the Arizer Solo tomorrow. Is there anything else worth purchasing along with it for better usage?

jaynsad,

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
depending on your daily usage: I ordered a PowerAdapter in my first week to save on charging downtimes...it should Arrive this week :peace:

vakedcow,

OF

Yes they are, pre-load and slip the cap over the bowl and you are good to go, but...and this is a big but, go to Home Depot and buy 1/2" screw covers in the "specialty drawers" in the nuts and bolts aisle. .74 cents for two of them and they are the same cap.

True enough, but be sure the stem is cold before you install them, these guys are normal vinyl and don't deal well with heat. You can order a bag of these guys:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/3747/=mnn1fv

instead. They're high temperature, a little harder to get on and off but you can put them on a hot out of the Solo stem without any problems (and drop it into your shirt pocket without worry). M/C will also sell you the normal version for under a nickle each ($4.50/100).

Some good weed would help. :brow:

Lots of weed would help even more. Be honest with the new guys Stu.....

Planning on purchasing the Arizer Solo tomorrow. Is there anything else worth purchasing along with it for better usage?

First off, welcome to the fun. Great choice, IMO.

Hopefully very soon you'll be lusting after PVHES stems, WPAs (and maybe a bubbler to put one on), number 113 Silicone rings and so on. We'll be here to help you spend your money when that time comes.

If you don't have a good grinder, that might be worth thinking about.......

Otherwise, stand by for good times.

OF

jaynsad

First off, welcome to the fun. Great choice, IMO.

Hopefully very soon you'll be lusting after PVHES stems, WPAs (and maybe a bubbler to put one on), number 113 Silicone rings and so on. We'll be here to help you spend your money when that time comes.

If you don't have a good grinder, that might be worth thinking about.......

Otherwise, stand by for good times.

OF
aww man i feel right at home...lol. Odd Future? Maybe. I have a decent grinder, and ive seen all the awesome water attachments and what not on youtube...i wanted to get a nice high quality bong, but decided on a vape instead. my gf broke my other bong a couple days ago :shrug: thanks yall.

OF

aww man i feel right at home...

i wanted to get a nice high quality bong, but decided on a vape instead.

Don't worry, that feeling comfortable thing will pass soon enough.

You're welcome to spend your hard earned money however you want, but if you're going to take this vape thing seriously I think you'll find what most of us do: fancy bongs make sense for blazing, but not vaping. It's really two different problems. Most find smaller bubblers better. In your day dreams I suggest you include 'the infamous bubbler' popular with several vape lines on the forums and reasonably priced:
http://www.pipesdaddy.com/product-p/vp-0022.htm

I used a short piece Silicone tube to couple my bent stem to the little adapter they provide at first. 1/4 ID tube fits the adapter and it's 3/8 OD fits the ID of the stem just fine. It worked great until I finally broke down and bought the Planet Vape GonG stem (18.8mm). But, if you can, find the fifty bucks for the IB, I think you'll find it does a surprisingly good job.....and will probably slake your WT lust for a while.

Sorry about the clumsy GF, I assume she has compensatory advantages?

Regards,

OF

OF,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
travel-tubes_zps8834e4e5.jpg

This cap came from my MFLB (I no longer use the box) however the cap works great with the SOLO STEMS!
aww man i feel right at home...lol. Odd Future? Maybe. I have a decent grinder, and ive seen all the awesome water attachments and what not on youtube...i wanted to get a nice high quality bong, but decided on a vape instead. my gf broke my other bong a couple days ago :shrug: thanks yall.
"OF" gives good advice.
I have two bubblers for water path with my vaporizers.
The small ones do this best job.
The one recommend by OF is a good start to pair with your SOLO.
My little BLACK LEAF http://www.planetvape.ca/black-leaf-8-arm-slitted-tree-perc-bubbler.html does a very good job medicating.
The larger one is great for my WAX pens.
dual-wp-solos_zpsc4df2567.jpg

ataxian,
Reactions: unpro1

Armerad

Dabbin'
After receiving my stubby GonG set and the O Ring modification, I've taken to calling my Solo the "Solo 2.0". It's more compact (From the Stubbyness), more versatile (Fits on Direct inject glass pieces), and more solid/secure (Making it feel like a new unit); it really feels like I'm playing with a new vape.

Top Bottom