Arizer Solo

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Hmm

I really like the way the DG looks.
The Lev Lattice is 12 inches and that's a little too tall for me.
But flavor and vapor density is my top 2 priorities. I'm so indecisive lol.

keepsake,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, vapor density is going to be decided by the vape, and the lattice will give you more flavor than the fritted disc IME.

Frederick McGuire,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Does anybody NOT clean their stems for the purpose of reclaiming?

How do I reclaim?
I think I read somewhere about simmering it in a pot of milk then adding hot chocolate?
I cant remember the step-by-step instruction for that recipe. If anyone can help that'd be cool.
I wanna try some reclaim... never have.

Cotton ball cotton ball!

cotton.jpg

Put on a small stick or just stick it inside the stem (make sure you can remove it) and then put in your stem at setting "7" and fly away... :)

I actually managed to maintain 4 people together with this! this is the ultimate way to use the solo as a "party vape" ;)

Monti

It seems that i have a problem with the pvhes "turbo" stem. The glass rim (to hold the screen) is flaking/chipping in my view. Is that really possible? The half side of the glass rim seems to be broken out of the stem and is lost, the other side of the glass rim is completely ok what means its hard and theres no flaking/chipping.
Does anybody had similiary problems?

Monti,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
You are my saviour mosh, i dont even think an idea simple like this! tonight i have to reclam resin from my EQ!

Wolf46,
Reactions: m0sh

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It seems that i have a problem with the pvhes "turbo" stem. The glass rim (to hold the screen) is flaking/chipping in my view. Is that really possible? The half side of the glass rim seems to be broken out of the stem and is lost, the other side of the glass rim is completely ok what means its hard and theres no flaking/chipping.
Does anybody had similiary problems?

I only use the standard glass straight stems from the manufacture.
Is it worth the after market type?

ataxian,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
If you plan on mating the solo with a bong, then yes, a gong stem is way more convinient, and the PVHES with higher airflow are better for that too IMO.

For just direct draw, it's only worth it if you find the draw on a stock stem too restricted
:2c:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Monti

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Well, if is true that the pvhes have 30% more airflow maybe I'll buy one in the future!

Wolf46,

m0sh

You are my saviour mosh, i dont even think an idea simple like this! tonight i have to reclam resin from my EQ!

You're welcome!
The EQ is different tho... you have to go really deep... I would replace my tubing and cut it in half...

Then I'd either rub on the cotton ball or on the herb itself...

Usually I use few plastic straws to reclaim my EQ tubing but honestly best is to just replace the tubing and cut in half to easily reclaim! :)

cut in the middle I mean... so you'll have 2 half pipes...then I rub my grinded herb to have fun on a joint with friends :p but cotton ball would be amazing...I will cut my tubing next time I clean my elbow.

m0sh,
Well, if is true that the pvhes have 30% more airflow maybe I'll buy one in the future!
I have the PVHES stem. You can also improve the stock mouth piece easily with a diamond tip and a dremel. I did that to my stock mouth piece and the PVHES is a little bit better because it had more slots than the ones I drilled. I would recommend it.

Highnstein,

hoptimum

so the stem should be completely clean of resin?
how dirty does the stem need to be to produce a good, potent cup of hot chocolate?

i've had the solo for over a month now and always clean the stems every 2 days.
im now regretting all the resin i couldve reclaimed!!
and all the abv bud i just flushed down the toilet!! i just started saving abv 3 days ago haha

When the buildup is so thick you can barely see through it, it's ready.

hoptimum,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Depending on usage I usually boil my stems in milk once a week or so. Or the equivalent of running through a full quarter oz of MJ. My stem is usually nice and yellow with sticky goodness by that time.

mvapes,

Яev

I just got my solo through the post today! Can't wait to use it!

How long should i heat it up to burn off the factory smells?

also this might sound silly but does the ground bud not fall through the small holes in the ss bowl?

Яev,

Yoshi

Woah

also this might sound silly but does the ground bud not fall through the small holes in the ss bowl?

1 12 minute cycle.

There will be particulate in your vapor unless you use another screen or cotton to catch it.

Yoshi,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I was told to take off my screws to clean it by shaking out what falls through. I think I have solved the issue since I can't get the screws off as I have not found a proper screw driver. I open the top and shake and stuff falls out. I don't know if that gets it all but it seems to but I dunno.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Red Indy

Яev

Cheers for the quick responses!

just heating it up now - the factory smell isnt as bad as i expected to be honest! Also, I've put a screen i the stem so no particles go into my mouth. I havent seen anyone on the net putting a screen into the bowl though.

Яev,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT

Mostly one needs multiple 12 mins. burn-offs.
For the holes inside the bowl, never had anything going in there but keeping it clean all the time with a cotton tip + ISO surely helps.
The dome screen or flattened dome screen are used to prevent particles falling through the holes in the stem.

Red Indy,

Dreamerr

I like the domed screen after I figured out how to do it. The herb cooks so even that way. I am now using a pvhes with a flat screen and also bought a pack but I think I am going to replace it with my bigger .625 screens which dome on there own. I do love to have the extra bowl size but it doesn't cook as well. I put a nug in last night and that was nice with the flat but I did have to take out the herb and break it up and then was able to do a second session. There was only a few specks of green and the rest was still uneven some real dark some light.

Dreamerr,

Яev

Just heated it up a few times then packed a tiny bowl. After finishing I was wondering whether i'd done it wrong, but then it hit me. Damn this thing is like my da buddha! but portable :)

Do you stir your bowls when you vape from this? Or just leave the stem connected the whole time? I dunno, it seems like hassle to reattach the stem after every toke or two.. lol

Яev,

Dreamerr

Just heated it up a few times then packed a tiny bowl. After finishing I was wondering whether i'd done it wrong, but then it hit me. Damn this thing is like my da buddha! but portable :)

Do you stir your bowls when you vape from this? Or just leave the stem connected the whole time? I dunno, it seems like hassle to reattach the stem after every toke or two.. lol

Read my post above yours...I don't stir. I never take the stem out but some do do that. I find it to much as a pain and when you do take it out I always spill something. I know this cause I spill stuff every time I take it out to empty no matter how careful I am.

Dreamerr,

bopper

When we ordered our Solo from PIU recently, our request to substitute the Power Adapter for the Vape Case in the SoloVC combo got a favorable response from Randy. He remarked that it was probably a good idea for a new special. A few days ago that new special showed up on his blog, with the code PA. We're well pleased with the combo and recommend it to newcomers to the Solo, like ourselves.

I have been cleaning my solo while it is still hot. I love the sizzle of the q-tip and iso. Does anyone think this could create a problem?

MonsterWithoutBorders,

m0sh

I have been cleaning my solo while it is still hot. I love the sizzle of the q-tip and iso. Does anyone think this could create a problem?

No, but if you're using alcohol ISO you don't need the stem to be hot...
If you just use a qtip then its better(easier) while its hot ;)

m0sh,

Dreamerr

I think he meant in the ss bowl not the stem. I do that but am careful and do it upside down. It is hard to get the ss clean sometimes. I actually broke a piece of brillo off last week to do it as it was stained with what I do not know. I ended up with brillo pieces in my hands and on the bed so then had to check my legs for it since I can't feel it ugh it was a mess that I will never do again.

Top Bottom