Arizer Solo

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
@VapeEscapist - Keep the stems....there's no such thing as having too many stems.....at least in my house. We easily have at least 10 stems. Glass is great until ......
Yeah, that's the final verdict. Would rather have spent the 20 on a Turbo/Vortex stem though.

I've seen them offered here used but someone needs to produce those damn Turbo/Vortex stems again. If you've never used one, it really makes the Solo a legit cloud machine. I do not believe it to be hyperbole when I use the expression game changer here.

Just gave it a test drive, level 3 the whole way, 1 full power cycle. Still an excellent vape, especially when you consider it's age. I often suggest the Solo as an intro to vaping when people ask what device to try.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Solo fan here too...

Han Solo Ok GIF

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I liked the high flow stems cause the one problem with the solo was airflow. Would of liked a more resilient stem cause the old one kept breaking, would of totally gotten a metal one, but never bothered looking for one.

I didn't do it, but it had a few minor tweaks along the way. I noticed from disassembly photos the heater assembly changed a lot in how it's built..... temp probe and heater type/placement

DrJynx86

My last SOLO glass stem, a curved original, broke yesterday (press F).

When I'm on the usual t-breaks, one of my nightmares is having the stems fall to the floor and shatter... this one broke a small piece of the bowl, such a shame, can still be used but I will have to get a new one and they're extremely expensive lately in my country due USD going up.

DrJynx86,
Reactions: ataxian

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
My last SOLO glass stem, a curved original, broke yesterday (press F).

When I'm on the usual t-breaks, one of my nightmares is having the stems fall to the floor and shatter... this one broke a small piece of the bowl, such a shame, can still be used but I will have to get a new one and they're extremely expensive lately in my country due USD going up.

Don't remember where I saw it but Amazon has Solo stems at good prices.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
https://www.vaporisateur.net/access...w-booster-atomic-pour-arizer-solo-et-air.html

Just picked this up. I kind of feel like I should have ordered more than one or tried some of their other Solo stems as well to make the shipping more worth it but I also wasn't sure of the quality yet.

The mouthpiece has a great feel and it absolutely cools the vapor more (tried it on power 3) but it doesn't boost density quite like the PVHES Turbos did. Definitely an upgrade from a standard stem. I wish it drew just a touch more freely....

Here's the other boosting/cooling stems they offer.

https://www.vaporisateur.net/access...w-booster-atomic-pour-arizer-air-et-solo.html

https://www.vaporisateur.net/access...peur-a-eau-pour-vapos-arizer-air-et-solo.html

https://www.vaporisateur.net/access...ubbler-xl-pour-arizer-air-et-solo-1-et-2.html

https://www.vaporisateur.net/access...oude-xxl-arizer-solo-cool-booster-atomic.html

They have one of the better Arizer Solo accessory selections I've seen. Besides what I linked above, they have all of the standard stems in clear, black, blue, and black with transparent bowl.

Vape_Or_Die420

First time Solo 1 user here! Noticing LOTS of restriction, like next to no airflow. Is the glas stem/bowl designed to sit flush at the bottom of the heater? Seems to be covering the air holes on mine. I pulled it a couple centimeters out and much better airflow and clouds. Is this how it is designed?

Apologies for my ignorance... little late to the original Solo party... off to listen to the Beatles for the first time! :tup:

Choices

First time Solo 1 user here! Noticing LOTS of restriction, like next to no airflow. Is the glas stem/bowl designed to sit flush at the bottom of the heater? Seems to be covering the air holes on mine. I pulled it a couple centimeters out and much better airflow and clouds. Is this how it is designed?

Apologies for my ignorance... little late to the original Solo party... off to listen to the Beatles for the first time! :tup:
I usually pull mine up a tad to help out but sometimes I don’t. It is whatever you like for the most part. What lead you to get a Solo OG as opposed to a Solo 2 or something else? Always curious to know how someone arrives on “Solo Island”...:)

Adobewan

The OG Solo is a great unit. A big part of my assimilation into the Vape collective(me to my Solo, "Resistance is futile!")
As you and @Choices have found, pulling the stem up off the chamber bottom helps. I also recommend loosening your pack a little as well.
Good luck.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

The BEATLES R from LIVERPOOL!
SOLO & CANNABIS = CIVILIZATION

Vape_Or_Die420

I usually pull mine up a tad to help out but sometimes I don’t. It is whatever you like for the most part. What lead you to get a Solo OG as opposed to a Solo 2 or something else? Always curious to know how someone arrives on “Solo Island”...:)
Thanks for the input everyone!

Actually i work at a head shop and found one buried somewhere, got it for free. It is new and prolly 7 years old and still had a 20% charge, i was amazed.

I was always curious about the Solo but had been hypnotised by a S&B Mighty since they first came out. More recently i am opening my eyes to an array of different style vape, even ones i scoffed at years ago.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Actually i work at a head shop and found one buried somewhere, got it for free. It is new and prolly 7 years old and still had a 20% charge, i was amazed.

I was always curious about the Solo but had been hypnotised by a S&B Mighty since they first came out. More recently i am opening my eyes to an array of different style vape, even ones i scoffed at years ago.
The SOLO is way healthier than a joint rolled in paper !
The glass mouthpiece is decent as well!

Choices

Wow a headshop “barn find”! I wonder what other “new in box” vaporizer relics are waiting to be found? I’m guessing Original Craftys and Volcanos. A shop near me have never dropped their prices from 10% over suggested retail. They have a Volcano I know is from the year they came out and they have it for something like $749.99.

Vape_Or_Die420

Wow a headshop “barn find”! I wonder what other “new in box” vaporizer relics are waiting to be found? I’m guessing Original Craftys and Volcanos. A shop near me have never dropped their prices from 10% over suggested retail. They have a Volcano I know is from the year they came out and they have it for something like $749.99.
There are about 10 Ghost MV1's if anyone is interested! :lol:

Robert-in-YEG

When I got my Solo II, I thought it was the greatest invention, but then changed my mind because of 'air flow' concerns. The only solution was to buy more vapes, and thoroughly test using many different kinds of herb.

If I'm choosing to chase after the maximum psychoactive effects, then the Starrry v3 does it for me; that is what I have learned so far. However, I have also learned that the 'air flow' isn't an issue. The Solo II works very very well, but it all comes down to how to pack the tubes.

The initial start for me was grinding the herb and then packing it in the aroma tube. The word 'pack' is misleading. With ground herb, it would be fill gently to allow the air to flow. I tried the 'inhale' method of filling, I tried packing just enough so the herb wouldn't fall out, I tried, this, and tried that; the results were always similar. Trying to draw air through the Solo was a pain.

What I discovered over time was that very small buds, or course ground herb is best. Normal is to pinch off a nice piece of nugget about the size of the bottom of the tube. Put the chunk in, take a test draw, and then proceed. The herb needs to be packed enough so that the heat conducts through bowl, but there is need to allow the air to pass through the aroma tube. If you can't draw through the tube before it is in the heater, it won't work very well. If you can draw through the aroma tube, the Arizer Solo II, heater unit does not add much restriction.

Another thing that I discovered, was that for heavy use, nothing beats the Solo. If I vape 2 or 3 bowls of high THC herb in the Starry, it will soon start to clog with resin; y the 4th or 5th bowl, airflow will be impeded. That just isn't a problem on the Solo. Every new aroma tube, is a clean oven.

Last, in terms of efficiency, the Solo uses the least amount of herb. Even 1 gram goes a long way in a Solo.

Robert-in-YEG

"I myself eschew all stimulants. I also practically abstain from meat."
~ Nikola Tesla
(Imagine if he ate meat; everything is better with meat)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This vape is all about leisure, inhale gently, if it feels restrictive you might be drawing too hard. It took me a long time to figure this out. But also experiment with loading it as others suggest: I find when loaded just right you can actually rip it pretty hard without the restriction being a bother.

I’ve posted at one point that I considered my Air the worst vape I ever used. I don’t feel that way at all anymore, it’s actually really good design and the low maintenance is near unbeatable. It’s not an instant on instant gone convection crusher, but I find it very analagous to a joint - I even like to break down by hand now to load these instead of grind.

Robert-in-YEG

This vape is all about leisure, inhale gently, if it feels restrictive you might be drawing too hard. It took me a long time to figure this out. But also experiment with loading it as others suggest: I find when loaded just right you can actually rip it pretty hard without the restriction being a bother.

I’ve posted at one point that I considered my Air the worst vape I ever used. I don’t feel that way at all anymore, it’s actually really good design and the low maintenance is near unbeatable. It’s not an instant on instant gone convection crusher, but I find it very analagous to a joint - I even like to break down by hand now to load these instead of grind.
Exactly. Every vape is different.

It's just like making love; be gentle, take deep breaths, and get intimate with your vape.

Robert-in-YEG

2127959794-its-ridiculous-that-marijuana-is-still-illegal-thcfinder.jpg

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@Vape_Or_Die420 .... I use my OG Solo inverted with my D020-D bubbler probably 90% of the time. The D020-D eliminates the draw restriction and I love the visual vapor reference for gauging how much goodness I'm getting and how much is left.

For those times when I'm not using the D020-D .... using a regular grind and using the stem like a straw to fill the stem "with just enough pressure to cause the herb to stick" works for me. I sometimes mouth pump the first hit to get started which relieves the initial restriction and makes it easier to do a consistent draw.

Another way to eliminate restriction and keep the stem holes clear is using the dome shaped screens over the holes in the stem.

Top Bottom