Arizer Solo

Pukka

Now try getting the silicone high-heat O-rings in Uruguay. Do I go to the rubber-products neighborhood, the auto-parts district or look for a gaskets and seals seller behind a barraca?

I supposedly have twenty o-rings (2 sizes) coming from eBay, but as tracking shows them still bouncing around China after a full month, I am thinking I will need to order from the States.

Ten 75 durometer for $6.25 with free US shipping from https://www.ebay.com/usr/oringsandmore, go here for listing details
I ordered some 20 mm O.D. red silicone O-rings with 3mm cross -section (14 mm I.D.) and also ordered 20 mm O.D. ,2.5 mm cross-section, (15mm I.D.) A diligent eBay search may turn up a US source better for you for buying fewer.

My variously sourced Solo stems vary slightly in diameter between 14+ and 15- mm; some are OEM and others from China at various times.
These O-rings will also work to hold my Solo stems in my Boundless Tera (a fine convection heater for Solo stems.)
Try these guys https://www.grainger.com . They have everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) in the way of o-rings and they don't ship from China.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Try these guys https://www.grainger.com . They have everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) in the way of o-rings and they don't ship from China.
Good tip of available knowledgeably e!
I drove there every day 4 some gizmo 2 keep thing’s alive?
I have 3 old SOLO’s however they will not die?
What is the problem?
@OF give’s the name 4 post-it note on the cork board of knowledge!
Their a necessary reference 4 inventory information.

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: RobbIt

Choices

Just a front page bump to let folks know you can grab a Silver OG Solo for under $50 at Vapor.com right now! If you are new to vaping there isn’t a better vape under $50. I’m getting two! The Holidays are coming and my recently retired sibling needs a shiny gift as well!

cycleb

Just a front page bump to let folks know you can grab a Silver OG Solo for under $50 at Vapor.com right now! If you are new to vaping there isn’t a better vape under $50. I’m getting two! The Holidays are coming and my recently retired sibling needs a shiny gift as well!
Thanks. They're at $59.00 now.

cycleb

I think they have a 20% off code "FALL20" at the top of the web page.

You should check out the reviews on Trustpilot. Not bad but not great.
Yep, I found it on the way to check out. Like you said, 2 for under $100. I paid nearly $200 for my first Solo. ;-)

I think they have a 20% off code "FALL20" at the top of the web page.

You should check out the reviews on Trustpilot. Not bad but not great.
Which review is 'not bad, but not great?' The dealer or Solo?

Choices

Vapor.com is listed as a supporting retailer of FC so they should be reputable. As for the Solo itself, mine has been a great reliable around the house portable over the last few years. Hard to mess it up really. I don’t need exact temperatures displayed so the OG is fine for me. I actually prefer an internal battery and the Solo battery is long lasting for sure. Hard to go wrong at $50, considering the two stems and wall charger it comes with would set you back almost that much by themselves.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yep, I found it on the way to check out. Like you said, 2 for under $100. I paid nearly $200 for my first Solo. ;-)

Decent assessment!
Not 2 one up U however my first SOLO was $300 @-a Smoke SHOP near my shop 4 letting off steam!
Pink, two White one’s all OG’s with replacement batteries?
DAZED & Confused long haired freaking pot smoking stoner.
These daze’s R MEDICAL which is CIVILIZED!
Paper Joint’s after the revolution 4-a free CIVILIZATION?
SOLOIST understand modern vaping!

Last edited:

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Jumping on the bandwagon as well.
The Solo was my first “great” vaporizer. The Iolite got me in the door, but the Solo said, “You’re home.”
Holds a revered spot in my vape history. Cannot imagine this journey without one.
Thanks Arizer.

Yes, I got the Solo around the time when it was first released and was like.... holy shit this is good.

Just holding it was like.... technology, bitch!

solofanboy

Disappointing after sales experience after buying direct from arizer​

Hi everyone,

I just received an arizer solo that I purchased directly from arizer themselves. This is my second solo because I love it so much. I take care of my stuff so after each session I remove the top cover to make sure there isn't any debris in there and the surrounding chamber area. Upon closer inspection i noticed a gouge or cut on the underside of the cap. I'm a little ocd and the unit is brand new so seeing this every time I clean in there would bother me. I reached out to arizer and they blew me right off

This was what I wrote to them

" ...I noticed that there's a gouge or nick in the top cover on the underside. Have you guys ever seen this?"
and this is the reply I received
" Thank you for your email.We will be happy to answer any questions, but please do not take apart your device; As stated in your Owner's Manual and our Website "performing any unauthorized service on your unit voids all warranties." If you notice any issues or have any concerns with one of our products, please always contact us first we can help determine the best way to resolve any issues.
This mark will not affect the performance of your device, and it is safe to use. We have carefully sourced our parts from all over the world and have gone to great lengths to source and use only safe quality parts, from glass to silica free ceramics, there are no glues, PCBs are lead free, no components contain mercury, all accessories are medical/food grade and temperature rated. All structure materials used inside are of safe non-toxic materials and are heat rated to temperatures much higher than the maximum operating temperature.
I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask!"

Trying to defer blame by telling me that I tried to perform unauthorized service by unscrewing a user serviceable cap? give me a break
So according to them this unit passed qc like this and it's perfectly fine in their eyes to send something like this out to their customers. I was pretty shocked at their attitude as I gave them the benefit of the doubt that it was a manufacturing error but they doubled down and basically admitted that they knew about it. My first solo had zero flaws and zero issues and I kind of expected the same with this one. I replied to them even stating that I would be fine with them replacing just the top cover and nada, zero response.
I just wanted to share my experience when dealing with this company directly as I sure learned my lesson. Next time I'll purchase from one of the many other vendors out there who stand behind what they sell.20210921_143521.jpg

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I love the Solo but not the customer service....I had significant battery degradation well within the warranty period of owning my 3rd (or 4th?) Solo that was accompanied by weird light displays. I based my frustration and need for service on the "years of experience" I had the with my other Solos. I tried working with Arizer and they explained that the issues were within their "acceptable range of usability". Had to contact the retailor who initially suggested I work with Arizer to get the unit replaced.

I never had any warranty issues with my other Solos. Some are still in rotation and others just outlasted the warranty. I was told before contacting Arizer that they weren't easy to work with for warranty issues. I was still surprised that a unit with battery life well below their own documented and expected battery life was considered "ok". I don't buy anything Arizer related unless I purchase from a retailor.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
The first couple batches of Solos must of had issues cause mines started acting all funny with the lights and I read about how others had the issue too.

The retailor I bought it from exchanged it no questions asked. (This particular retailor was some guy that just met you at a location you choose it was actually pretty funny) So buying from a retailer with good customer service is a really good idea. Some retailers will even work on getting it warrantied for you even if they don't straight exchange it and manufactures are probably gonna be more willing to work with retailors than the average person.

I never had to really warranty most things in the past, but when I did it was always super easy, send the unit back and they send you a completely new in box unit, it's actually pretty satisfying getting a new unit in return. Some returns are so easy, I don't think they even care or check what happened, they just accept it.

Last edited:

Pukka

Disappointing after sales experience after buying direct from arizer​

Hi everyone,

I just received an arizer solo that I purchased directly from arizer themselves. This is my second solo because I love it so much. I take care of my stuff so after each session I remove the top cover to make sure there isn't any debris in there and the surrounding chamber area. Upon closer inspection i noticed a gouge or cut on the underside of the cap. I'm a little ocd and the unit is brand new so seeing this every time I clean in there would bother me. I reached out to arizer and they blew me right off

Not wanting to piss on your party, but you basically _took your new Solo apart_!!! More than once. Of course you voided the warrenty. What did you expect them to do. For all they know you were the one who put that gouge in there. Maybe it's some sort of assembly marking. Who knows, who cares, you looked where you shouldn't have if you expect any kind of warrenty from Arizer.

And don't go on with any "oh but my mild ocd" malarkey either. You got problems (doesn't everybody) thinking that "something's gonna get in there, must clean, gotta open" then at least own your own fuck-up instead of blaming one of the better vape manufactures.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Arizer Solo Vaporizer Silver
  • FALL20 (-$7.98)
1 $39.93
$31.95

Subtotal $31.95
Shipping $10.24
Taxes $3.75
Total USD $45.94

From vapor.com (thanks @Razhumikin )

Sold my solo with turbo stem and pelican case a couple years ago and regret it. Time for a new one!

Ordering these stems from amazon...

Should I order a grommet for the inside like the turbo stem came with? Anybody have a link for one perhaps?

Choices

Just finished my Holiday shopping for my Boomer siblings by getting two more from Vapor.com. Buying two helped avoid shipping and gets it to under $32.00 a piece. Heck Solo stems are $10 a piece most places so you’re getting a legit dry herb vape for the cost of a single topping pizza! I like pizza! I love my OG Solo...(now Solos):lol:

Adobewan

Not wanting to piss on your party, but you basically _took your new Solo apart_!!! More than once. Of course you voided the warrenty. What did you expect them to do. For all they know you were the one who put that gouge in there. Maybe it's some sort of assembly marking. Who knows, who cares, you looked where you shouldn't have if you expect any kind of warrenty from Arizer.

And don't go on with any "oh but my mild ocd" malarkey either. You got problems (doesn't everybody) thinking that "something's gonna get in there, must clean, gotta open" then at least own your own fuck-up instead of blaming one of the better vape manufactures.
@solofanboy Not sure that gouge beneath the cap would be considered a warranty issue being it would never affect performance, but I don't agree with Pukka's, "...you basically took your new Solo apart". That's the removable top cap of the Solo, not a place you shouldn't look, nor a cause for voiding a warranty.

And @Pukka this community has always leaned toward tolerance and understanding, and your post didn't.
Clearly not an issue for any mods, but your approach could use some tact.

solofanboy

There are so many things wrong with this situation and I realize that it was completely pointless posting however I wish to make a couple of points and this will be my final say on the matter.

1.) Nowhere in any of the literature does it state that removing the top cover, which may I remind you has threads and can be unscrewed with ease, voids the warranty. Why would they design the vaporizer in such a manner if it isn't an intended function. Have you ever seen the inside of the cap and chamber if you don't clean in there?? So because I want to take good care of my stuff I'm ostracized for it?

Here's a picture of the underside of the cap on my old solo
20210924_143123.jpg

2.) Had I purchased this from any number of reputable vendors this would have been a complete non issue and would have been resolved by now. It turned into a matter of principal after my first contact with them. Sure it's not the end of the world but where is the pride of workmanship? Clearly stated in the warranty terms "...any defect in workmanship will be warrantied..." but of course they cover their asses with "at our discretion" which means they can tell you to piss off like they've done to me. This wasn't at all the response I was expecting from them and quite frankly I'm disappointed and ashamed that this is a Canadian company. You'd expect this kind of bs dealing with some overseas lesser known companies.

3.) If you purchase a brand new car, get it home and notice a huge scratch on the underside of the trunk lid, are you going to be happy about that? It's just aesthetic right? who cares right? Doesn't affect functionality right? This unit was brand new and the issue reported the day after I received it.

4.) To make matters worse. The serial number sticker on the bottom appears to be overlaid onto another serial number sticker. I've seen it many times where vendors try to sell refurbs as new. Not saying this is the case here but why are there 2 stickers on the bottom of my unit?

Last edited:
solofanboy,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
It looks like the vapor.com deal is US only.
I also attempted to buy two as Xmas gifts and as noted above to make international shipping costs more bearable.
Unfortunately United States was the only Shipping destination offered.

Vapenvy,

gangababa

I just looked inside the top cover of my 2nd OG Solo. I see (under the black paint) a scratch, mark, gouge looking similar to that pictured by @solofanboy. Perhaps I should also check my first Solo.

Living in Uruguay where I supposedly cannot import a vape, and considering the new USA prohibitions on shipping, I simply ignore the concept of warranty. One of these days I may buy a soldering iron and fix my first Solo so I can again use it.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Received my Arizer Solo V1 from vapor.com. It did come with the stems and pretty much all the standard kit that it should come with.

I ordered stems from amazon because for some reason I swear I read they didn't come with it.

Kind of annoyed I spent $20 I maybe didn't need to spend.... not sure I want to bother with a return, maybe just keep them for extras.

Top Bottom