Arizer Solo

Vitolo

Vaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
Now that I have had a few days to play with my Solo...
... but ideally, I would like it to be easier to inhale.
All in all, if you can afford the price point, I feel this is the best portable you can get for the money.
Very untainted, and objectively spoken.
Thanks for your extreme frankness in this good review. Sounds like you are happy with your unit. Do a big pull for me! :)

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Damn. I think ill get one, but because I didn't get a bonus last month, think ill have to post some thing on the sell my vape thread. It'll make me feel a little better about shelling out the cheddar for the Solo.

IAmKrazy2,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
For all the talk about the batteries...this is just like the iPhone. When I bought my iPhone I was told to run it dry before recharging, as the battery can't be replaced. I did what I was told and never had a battery problem with it. If the battery in the Solo is as good as the iPhone, all this talk will probably be for nothing.

At some point I have to look at my vapes as slightly disposable purchases, in that they won't last forever. How much use should I get out of a Solo battery before I feel like it has paid for itself...one year, two years, five? Who knows.

even the first iphone had a sick craving for battery life and would suck it outta of the phone even if you werent streaming. . .

but I am just being negative nancy. I too am in the market for this puppy.

biojuggernaut,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
stickstones said:
For all the talk about the batteries...this is just like the iPhone. When I bought my iPhone I was told to run it dry before recharging, as the battery can't be replaced. I did what I was told and never had a battery problem with it. If the battery in the Solo is as good as the iPhone, all this talk will probably be for nothing.

At some point I have to look at my vapes as slightly disposable purchases, in that they won't last forever. How much use should I get out of a Solo battery before I feel like it has paid for itself...one year, two years, five? Who knows.

This isn't a phone, though. The Solo batteries are called upon to produce a lot of heat quickly, and that will inevitably reduce their lifetime. How much remains to be seen.

Li-Ion batteries have a limited life based on deterioration over time. You can't prevent it, you can only do your best to minimize it. They last approximately three years, maybe longer under ideal conditions, but this application is less than ideal. There's a lot of information about the life of these batteries out there because that's what we use to power laptops. I've had Li-Ion batteries that still worked after four years, but at greatly reduced capacity: 20-30 minutes at most. That's for laptops, which aren't as demanding as the Solo will be.

It is very like the iPhone battery in another way, however: the user can't replace it.

pakalolo,

Willeh

Another tip: Cramming a screen in the mouth piece of the bat if you got the patience and it will make the direct draw (not bong) mode much easier on the throat. Particulates that hit the back of your throat suck. I find once you put a screen in there, the direct draw is very enjoyable and I actually have cut back my vaporbonging quite a bit because the taste off this vape in direct draw mode is like no other. It is literally twice as flavourful as most other direct draw vapes I've used as it cuts out the whip completely and delivers thick hits right onto your tongue.

Willeh,

mongrel

i'm real pleased about the solo, and i've just ordered mine. pity it's not a bit cheaper but saving me from ingesting vile poisonous carcinogens is something i ain't gunna put a price on. my landline vape is the eq but for watching telly very relaxed the iolite has been sharing my bed but the noise shits me a bit. i have ordered the new iolite wispr from gotvape but its launch has been delayed. i reckon i might cancel my order. full experience review when the object arrives. yay! it really does sound like what i'm looking for as my incredibly cheaply made flight box gathers even more dust.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
So just to be sure, this bad boy can not be be used while in charging mode, is this correct? I the lithium battery removable? Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
IAmKrazy2 said:
So just to be sure, this bad boy can not be be used while in charging mode, is this correct? I the lithium battery removable? Thanks.

As shipped, you cannot use it while it is charging. There will be an optional charger that will allow this.

The lithium battery isn't intended to be removed by the user.

mongrel said:
i'm real pleased about the solo, and i've just ordered mine. pity it's not a bit cheaper but saving me from ingesting vile poisonous carcinogens is something i ain't gunna put a price on. my landline vape is the eq but for watching telly very relaxed the iolite has been sharing my bed but the noise shits me a bit. i have ordered the new iolite wispr from gotvape but its launch has been delayed. i reckon i might cancel my order. full experience review when the object arrives. yay! it really does sound like what i'm looking for as my incredibly cheaply made flight box gathers even more dust.

I agree with your attitude towards price, because my Extreme paid for itself within the first ounce, since I immediately got at least three times more from my medicinal phytosubstrate biomass. To me it's a capital investment, not an expense. I'm also lucky enough that price is not as important as finding exactly the right device. Other people's experiences will vary, of course.

I don't get why you use the cost of manufacturing the LB as if that were a reason to knock it. I hope you'll drop by the LB thread and give me a chance to change your opinion.

pakalolo,

Willeh

The magic flight box is a great vaporizer, but with a different appeal than the solo. It heats up instantly, makes very little smell, is very small even comparativly, much more inconspicuous, can do micro loads better, is much less breakable, has no hot parts to burn yourself on, takes one hand to operate, is pre-packable. I use my magic-flight out and about more than my solo because of these reasons. My solo is my 'session' vaporizer somewhere where you have the time, and space to lay out a grinder, put down the vaporizer to comfortably pack the bat, and have the time to wait for a warm up. Of course you get way bigger tokes than the magic flight, but not ones good to use incognito like the magic flight. To give you an idea, you can use the magic flight anywhere from a movie theater to the lavatory at work, with people within earshot and eyesight, and get away with it if you're sly. Because the magic flight doesn't cost so much, and I have a solo, I'm not as afraid to get my magic-flight confiscated so I have less of a fear of using it on the go. Getting a 300$ solo confiscated would not be cool. I get pretty big hits off of my magic-flight, especially after investing in a spacecase over a four piece cheapo aluminum grinder, and powerex 2700s over stock batteries. I will go as far to say that you can finish your product more thoroughly, and therefor get more out of a smaller amount, through the magicflight. This is because the screen is very fine, and you can powder the shit out of your herbs without sucking through. The solo which takes a larger load and leaves the rear slightly less finished than the front, though still cooked at I guess a light 180c, as a few flakes are always a golden medium brown. The magic flight with good shake and powder and technique will get you a very dark brown powder.

The solo delivers much thicker, and tastier hits than the magicflight's soft and discreet ones. They both get you to the same place with roughly the same volume of product. Ironically enough I have never combusted with the solo but have with the magic flight. They both are good in their own ways. So I choose both as my primary vapes, as neither require a wall tether and all my vape needs are satisfied for now.

Willeh,
Very honest views, Willeh. I could see where a MFLB would still be a better choice for most types of out-and-about vaping, especially when stealth is a priority - but I can also see where the Solo would be a grin-inducer when and where you can bust it out.

The MFLB will never be able to fill a tube like the Solo did in the video, though.

charliedontsurf,

Troi

charliedontsurf said:
Very honest views, Willeh. I could see where a MFLB would still be a better choice for most types of out-and-about vaping, especially when stealth is a priority - but I can also see where the Solo would be a grin-inducer when and where you can bust it out.

The MFLB will never be able to fill a tube like the Solo did in the video, though.

I disagree, I have gotten dense vapor from a MFLB, however drawing through the box that long leads to some heavy darkening on the herb. While I don't think combustion occurs, one could argue, the Arizer Solo has much favorable materials in the airpath, metal/ceramic/glass. And I will admit there is just a slight taste difference, an earthy "woodliketaste", to the vapor produced by the MFLB, it may just be produced by the minor amounts of resin that become caked to the screen, or the wood itself.

I still think the MFLB is safe to use but theres just something that it definably adds to the taste of the vapor that glass just doesn't, so I still think the solo is a positive direction in the vaoe market. Glass is our future, its great to see more and more vape companies adopting this, as consumers we want this competition to exist that it pushes innovation in our industry.

I get my solo tomorrow and I'm very excited to give it a review.

Troi,

manchild

Vapourist
Has any one got a picture looking down into the solo from the top?

Is there a screen in there to stop your herbs fallin in?

I'm already seeing a huge market for a water pipe GONG attachment.

manchild,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
manchild said:
Has any one got a picture looking down into the solo from the top?

Is there a screen in there to stop your herbs fallin in?

I'm already seeing a huge market for a water pipe GONG attachment.

Yeah, a gong bowl would be sweet! It would kinda look like a mini VXC perched on top of a bong! I can see how it's possible to use the current mouth piece, but something straight, and short, would be better IMO.

Purpl3_Haz3,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Still waiting on the reviews with some hash/oil/concentrate use with the solo.....

"Someone" MUST be into these products, so please do share your findings.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
smokum said:
Still waiting on the reviews with some hash/oil/concentrate use with the solo.....

"Someone" MUST be into these products, so please do share your findings.

Rockwise posted on the first page
Rockwise said:
Very easy to clean. Can be used for flowers, waxes and resins!

and 'someone' AKA Willeh wrote this
willeh said:
Hash is heavenly in this thing, and makes thick vapor milk. With the crumbly stuff I tested with a couple calyxes of bud were needed to block the holes up to not suck the hash through, but that worked excellently. I don`t know if a concentrate would work without a bed of weed, I assume it might if you just stuck the glob all around or between the two holes.

Purpl3_Haz3,

vapeinacape

wow so much activity in this thread now! seems we got a lot of solo owners!! hey Arizer i want a free battery replacement as a referral fee!! ;) lol just kidding...

but in all honestly, like a user posted before, the worry about the battery longevity and eventual death is probably not needed. iv gotten about four or five dozen bowls out of this thing now and i dont see even the slightest degredation in the battery life.

I got some butane oil and bubble hash today and am just about to test these two items for the first time in the solo. Im thinking the oil should be wiped around the inside of the bowl on the glass with a little herb bed to catch any dripping oil from making direct contact with the ceramic? testing it now...

manchild, to answer your question, no there is no screen or need for a screen. down the hole in the Solo is simply what looks like a mini hotplate with four pinholes around the outside (for air flow im guessing?)

i dont think i need to say anything that hasnt already been said except that 0.3g is wayyyy to much.... but you already discovered that 0.1 or less is much better and i agree. packing is not the way to go.

after a few weeks you forget the ~300 price tag and wonder if you'll ever buy another pack of papes ever again.
i actually had a session with a friend on the streetcar the other day.... "Pass the juicebox!"

vapeinacape,
Reactions: scot

smokum

Thks for the update vapeinacape......

Any chance that BHO/BH trial will be video'd ?? Wld luv to see it in action with a concentrate :cool:

SmokerSmoke420

Hey guys,

Well the wonderful people @ Arizer decided to send me one of these bad-boys free of charge 4 days ago!! I sent them about 6-7 emails over the last 3 years specifically about if and when they would release a portable so i guess they figured I was loyal enough to get one! It's fucking awesome! I'm sure later models will probably get the standard upgrades that the v-tower got over time (fan and such), but for a GEN 1, it's pretty damn good. I wish it had a bit better airflow as others have suggested, and obviously a fan/digital display would be amazing. I'll post some pics that I took of it.

th.61556988d2.jpg

th.3ce4fd0089.jpg

th.36e92564d2.jpg

th.5b47de6a41.jpg

th.819a775817.jpg

th.857b96a7f1.jpg

SmokerSmoke420,
Reactions: JoeKickass

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I would buy today if anysite that sold it offered an FC discount. 10% or $30 for a $270 price tag total would make all the diffrence. Who's next to carry it? Vapeworld? Puffitup? And if so, will they offer a discount? C'mon fellas.

IAmKrazy2,

smokum

I believe that rockwise.net uses FC10 for 10% off orders over $50

smokum,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks for the info, if true I will likely order later tonight and add a few items to the sell my vape thread at the endof the week. Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

max

Out to lunch
smokum said:
I believe that rockwise.net uses FC10 for 10% off orders over $50
That code has not worked for some time now. And FC will no longer be informing dealers about non functional discount codes. It's their responsibility to make sure it works. I expect that better prices will be available when the vape becomes more widely distributed. I don't think any US dealers can get it yet.

max,

RaK427

Just had mine delayed due to the labor dispute with the Canada post, anyone else dealing with this? :uhoh: was supposed to come this week.

RaK427,
Top Bottom