Arizer Solo

Willeh

Luckily, when it says it was delayed in your tracker it usually means it just got through it. The postal workers here are doing rotating strikes in the different provinces for just a couple days at a time. Luckily mine got shipped UPS so I didn't need to deal with the postal workers shit, but I don't think the delays still last any longer than 48 hours in any one region. However my grinder being shipped from only one city over took longer than the solo to get here, totaling 7 days from ordered because of the strike and weekends (through canada post).

Willeh,

RaK427

Yeah they just emailed me back at rockwise telling me that, I would have paid for different shipping had I known. I hope it did make it through, was looking forward to taking it on vacation this weekend!

RaK427,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Just did a mock order Max, and that discount code entered exactly as FC10 took for me..

Wish I cld hv pulled the trigger.... but I'm freakin broke :(

smokum,

max

Out to lunch
smokum said:
Just did a mock order Max, and that discount code entered exactly as FC10 took for me..

Wish I cld hv pulled the trigger.... but I'm freakin broke :(
Your IP tells me you're in Canada, so I clicked on Canadian pricing instead of US, and sure enough, the coupon code worked. So it seems to be valid right now only for Canadian buyers.

max,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
well........ that aint fair !! FC is GLOBAL :D

.... and get yer nose out of my IP info.... friggin mods and their super powers :ninja: :p :D

smokum,

max

Out to lunch
Good thing you don't owe me money. I'd know right where to find you. :ninja:

max,

guardian

are accesories going to be availible on the website soon? extra glass bats, potpourri dishes for the solo etc... also the charger you can use while using lol. the vtower and extreme have like a bunch of replacement glass online but none for the solo yet. :/

guardian,
What they clearly need is the straight GonG attachment, and maybe a straight, not angled mouthpiece. Or a mouthpiece with uniform, thin, black glass so that the Solo could be inserted into a big gulp with the stem sticking out. People did this with their Iolites and it's a great concept waiting for a better vaporizer.

charliedontsurf,

Herborizer

Damn. I want one these so bad. With the high price and lack of carry case, it's hard to splurge on this. It's weird that this thing has fragile glass components on a "portable" device, and not include a carry case.

Herborizer,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Herborizer said:
Damn. I want one these so bad. With the high price and lack of carry case, it's hard to splurge on this. It's weird that this thing has fragile glass components on a "portable" device, and not include a carry case.

I know, the price point just isnt justifiable for me either. As far as the glass and portable deal, i think its been established that the solo is more portable in the sense of being able to use it in many places without a power source. not so much in the sense of on-the-go portable like the LB. Plus the glass adds alot of bennefit; mostly glass vapor path, easier use of concentrates, etc...A carrying case would be a plus though! something that held everything seperate and safe.

If this came down to $200-$250 I could see getting one eventually. I would like it for around the house use, etc.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Willeh

Hello everybody, I have just made what I seriously consider a BREAKTHROUGH in the usage of this thing. I'm going to have to go back and edit my review, because my opinion has totally changed once again. Cut a screen to the size of the bowl, and press it only half way down, so it arches. This completely changes EVERYTHING :o I'd say my largest dissatisfactions growing with this thing was my AVB, even on seven, still was a brown with gold flecks at the back. You also had to pack about .1 grams.

Now it packs roughly 0.05-0.75g, and it milks harder than if you packed the bowl down to the two holes because the two holes are completely unrestricted, and rather than there being herb in the corners of the bowl it's further away from and closer to the heating element. You get one huge hit, as big as in the video I posted before, then the bowl comes out COMPLETELY EVEN. Not one little golden flake. I was surprised at the difference in the AVB, and how you could get one huge toke off such a small amount! People who have one and the patience to cut a screen and press it into place, try it! It's probably easiest to get the screen into place with a slightly dirty bowl, but once you get one screen in once and the edges are in the right shape to hold in place, it's not hard at all. Here's a picture if anyone's interested.

n5rgj.jpg

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@Willeh, or any one else with a Solo and a PD. SM55, have you used a PD?

It seems the air flow is restricted on the Solo, how would you say this restriction compares to the PD, more or less restricted? Do size of hits and pull/drag feel similar to the PD? What temp setting are you guys using?

IAmKrazy2,

Willeh

The airflow can be significantly better than a purple days stem, or about the same.

An clean PD stem and an empty solo tube have pretty much the same draw. But once you pack the PD, it has a lot more drag than the solo because it's narrower, longer bowl. The screen also slowly loses airflow to clog and requires fairly frequent cleaning. The screenless two hole design does not lose any airflow unless you pack a leaf down directly over one of the holes, in which case you would then unpack and repack the bowl more loosely. I say the solo is less restrictive. It has to do with it being one big hole with a screen instead of two small ones without, it's a wider bowl all together. With a screen in the bowl the draw is like that of an unpacked purple days, and is actually pretty comfortable to milk a bong fast with. Without a screen, or with some bad luck, if one or both of the holes get nugs stuck in them it can be uncomfortable.

Overall, it's usually as good as an empty clean purple days stem, and a screen in the bowl is a good idea for airflow and efficiency.

The solo and the purple days feel very similar to hit, but the solo feels it's skinnier, battery powered, harder hitting, high tech cousin. I especially find the taste to be stronger out of the solo, likely due to a less restricted airflow, bigger clouds and less of a wood and buzz butter aroma mixed in. You can push the screen farther forward in the solo to get very similar efficiency out of the two

jdee

Having amazing results with concentrates....so tasty and goes forever, the little piece of herb
I use soaks up the liquified oil and it gives off Much tastier longer lasting vapor. great success :ko:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Willeh said:
The airflow can be significantly better than a purple days stem, or about the same.

An clean PD stem and an empty solo tube have pretty much the same draw. But once you pack the PD, it has a lot more drag than the solo because it's narrower, longer bowl. The screen also slowly loses airflow to clog and requires fairly frequent cleaning. The screenless two hole design does not lose any airflow unless you pack a leaf down directly over one of the holes, in which case you would then unpack and repack the bowl more loosely. I say the solo is less restrictive. It has to do with it being one big hole with a screen instead of two small ones without, it's a wider bowl all together. With a screen in the bowl the draw is like that of an unpacked purple days, and is actually pretty comfortable to milk a bong fast with. Without a screen, or with some bad luck, if one or both of the holes get nugs stuck in them it can be uncomfortable.

Overall, it's usually as good as an empty clean purple days stem, and a screen in the bowl is a good idea for airflow and efficiency.

The solo and the purple days feel very similar to hit, but the solo feels it's skinnier, battery powered, harder hitting, high tech cousin. I especially find the taste to be stronger out of the solo, likely due to a less restricted airflow, bigger clouds and less of a wood and buzz butter aroma mixed in. You can push the screen farther forward in the solo to get very similar efficiency out of the two

Thanks for the info. Think i will make the plunge in a few weeks. Also talked to SM55 on the phone today, and he gave me a bit more info about the Solo and answered some of my concerns. He suffers from the same problem as me, after using the VXC everything else just seems more flawed. But, he seems to think for a portable it is pretty good. A PD like draw will be fine for me on this one.

*edit: Expect VX to make a superior portable to the Solo some years down the road. SM55 wont quit at just making the best home unit. I would expect some serious ingenuity out of that group.

IAmKrazy2,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
My main concern is the Solo's rechargeable battery's life expectancy and replacement cost.

I'm told that the rechargeable batteries are customized for Arizer, meaning they're expensive and obtainable only from Arizer or their authorized dealers. :(

The prospect of becoming a price hostage to Arizer is decidedly unappealing. :uhoh:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

Tim

An Extreme Q was next on my list of purchases.. until I read about the Solo. Now I'm conflicted..

I already have an NO2 and an MFLB, so it's not like I need another portable.. but the allure of the glass is hard to resist. And now the EQ feels dated compared to the Solo. Dilemmas..

Tim,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Tim said:
An Extreme Q was next on my list of purchases.. until I read about the Solo. Now I'm conflicted..

I already have an NO2 and an MFLB, so it's not like I need another portable.. but the allure of the glass is hard to resist. And now the EQ feels dated compared to the Solo. Dilemmas..
E Q is tried and true.. Solo is still new. folks are still discovering what the solo takes to get good hits... it is all so new. The Q is hardly "dated".
Just playing Devil's advocate here....
All 3 of your vapes would be hand held, and tube/stem units(not that this is bad)
You would remain fine for small hits, and saving with these 3 ... but the MFLB, then becomes your largest capacity unit.
The romance of the new is great... just think. I would respect your choice regardless, but I had to say thatQ

Vitolo,

Willeh

Well, I sold my extreme Q (and dabuddha), and do not miss them. I use my solo 90% of the time and my magic-flight when I'm going out and being sneaky. I personally find this vape to be a big hitter and trying to 'finish the whole thing' in one hit makes me cough horribly every time, and makes a nice milky cloud. I like that there is no tubing involved, and that it works great with glass or without, and can be carried in your pocket(s). It's fun to tweak with some 7th floor tubing over the mouthpiece and a screen half way in the bowl for very efficient vaporbonging anywhere. I love moving around my house with my vaporizer+bong set up. Hits in the kitchen, hits in the living room, hits outback all in one bowl without un-plugging and moving around. I'm set until the cloud, and this thing wont be sold unless a very sweet (vapexhale?) portable is made. If I were you, I'd probably keep the MFLB, but sell off the no2 and consider this its replacement. Then get a home unit, when you find one that significantly outpowers the solo.

Tim

Thanks for the responses, Willeh and Vitolo.

After some more research on other vapes, I've become much less enamored with the Solo. It's still a great device, I'm just more strongly cemented in the craving for a desktop vape. The Q and SSV are now my main contenders, but I'm still adding to that list.

And Willeh, I put my NO2 up for sale in the For Sale thread. If I can find a buyer, then I'll have a new vaporizer sooner than expected..

Tim,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Tim said:

After some more research on other vapes, I've become much less enamored with the Solo. It's still a great device, I'm just more strongly cemented in the craving for a desktop vape. The Q and SSV are now my main contenders, but I'm still adding to that list.

And Willeh, I put my NO2 up for sale in the For Sale thread. If I can find a buyer, then I'll have a new vaporizer sooner than expected..

Just put some things up too.

IAmKrazy2,

nowonknows

Tim said:

If looking at the SSV, might pay to check out the LSV too, it's a great hard hitter and the taste of an all glass (or almost) is really so much nicer imo than any whip style one I've tried.
It really is great times for any one who vapes, so many great products on the market now, just so tough to work out which to buy next.

nowonknows,

Tim

nowonknows said:
If looking at the SSV, might pay to check out the LSV too, it's a great hard hitter and the taste of an all glass (or almost) is really so much nicer imo than any whip style one I've tried.
It really is great times for any one who vapes, so many great products on the market now, just so tough to work out which to buy next.

Thanks Nowon! I checked it out and read the first 5 or 6 pages of the thread before skipping to the end, and.. now it's made me want to wait for the VapeXhale Cloud! That thing looks like a beast, and comes with water attachments to boot. Definitely in my ballpark! But anyways, back to the Solo..

Tim,

manchild

Vapourist
thevapedcrusader said:
high everybody!? does rockwise or anyone ship this internationally? australia specifically? thanks
I just got mine from Australian Vaporisers.
Overnight delivery.
Don't forget the FC discount!

manchild,
Top Bottom