Arizer Solo

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I'm so excited to get mine!! Sweet video, what kind of piece were you using? Also, what did you use to connect it to the waterpipe

stonemonkey55,
Reactions: JoeKickass

mlo4sho

Willeh said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7ZMvifwLXU
Short and sweet video of how I use my solo with some fine oregano and a water filter.

As I try the usual vaporizer recommendations (Finer grind, looser pack, drier herbs, slower pull, longer heater time) with more prudence, I'm finding this thing to be quite the beast... I am truly wondering if I need any other vaporizers at all.

Damn. Very nice. Looks like it milks pretty quickly and easily. Gonna keep my eye on this one as hopefully more videos and reviews come out. Nice work.

Willeh

The glass is not brand name, but was acquired from a local headshop for 75$. I thought it was a pretty good deal for a stemless tree perc.

To attach it I used a one inch clipping of dabuddha 3/8 inch inner diameter 1/2 inch outer diameter tubing, slid over the mouthpiece to make a press-seal grommet. The tubing only extends off the bat a little under 1/4''.

Willeh,

SD_haze

Am I the only one who doesnt see that being very portable for a portable vape?

I guess without the glass mouthpiece it could fit in a cargo pocket but...that thing is pretty beefy.

SD_haze,

steiner666

Serial vapist
SD_haze said:
Am I the only one who doesnt see that being very portable for a portable vape?

I guess without the glass mouthpiece it could fit in a cargo pocket but...that thing is pretty beefy.

really i suppose "portability" can just mean lack of a need for an external power source. but yeah, I wouldnt be comfortable just carrying it around on me with the glass and the pricetag attached to it. then again, im not usually that comfortable carrying any sort of herbal-related stuff on me, but tahts more paranoia than anything lol. i'd definitely have a case for carrying it around in. i probably would get a padded case and then transport it in a small backpack/satchel or something with other stuff in it for padding. they're pricey, but i really like the dime bag brand stuff from the 7th Floor websites for needs like this.

steiner666,

Willeh

I actually find it perfectly portable for myself :D. I think the vapor genie classic takes up about the same pocket space. I think the camera makes it 'gain five pounds'. When I got it I was surprised at how much it really was the size of a small redbull can. I turn it on and let it warm up in my pocket with the cap on, and it fits comfortably in all my jeans' front pockets as long as it has a pocket dedicated to it and my spacecase carrying case. I keep the glass stem in my other pocket in a small bubblewrap sack with usually just my wallet, car keys, and phone. It heats quickly too, and is great for random on the go outdoor sessions, in the car, friends houses, freezer at work. There is almost no hassle in setting up a vapor session anywhere.

Dudeson 1882

Any chance of a power pack (or a way to use the mains electricity) coming out for this?

Given the hits in that vid It looks like it could be an excellent home unit as well as a portable unit & the battery would last longer if it was only needed when away from power.

Would make it a very versatile vape if it had 2 power sources like the MFLB.

I also agree that the idea of sending used vapes all around the world to replace the battery is a logistical nightmare. Can you have agents in different countries handling this as would mean they dont have to be sent abroad & back again.

Dudeson 1882,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
In order to run directly from the mains, the Solo would need to include some sort of transformer. I don't know how small you could make such a thing but there's no doubt it would add to the size, weight, and cost--all to support a mode that is directly opposed to the primary design intent: portability.

There will be a optional charger that allows you to use the Solo while charging, which is almost what you want. The down side is that using it in that way will reduce your battery pack life somewhat. Exactly how much depends on the sophistication of the charging circuitry. Laptops have struggled with this problem for years, and the ones with poor charging circuitry lose up to half their battery capacity in as little as a year. The good news is that some laptops lose an insignificant amount to this problem.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Very good answer. The reason I ask, includes portability too. What if you are a traveling MMJ patient, and out of juice... with no time to charge battery prior to medicating. The ability to use AC would eliminate suffering the charge time wait in this circumstance. MFLB is portable.. Batteries charge very fast though. and there is now a power adapter for instant medicating when there os no juice.
Unit still looks fantastic... just checking on this!

Vitolo,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Willeh said:
I actually find it perfectly portable for myself :D. I think the vapor genie classic takes up about the same pocket space. I think the camera makes it 'gain five pounds'. When I got it I was surprised at how much it really was the size of a small redbull can. I turn it on and let it warm up in my pocket with the cap on, and it fits comfortably in all my jeans' front pockets as long as it has a pocket dedicated to it and my spacecase carrying case. I keep the glass stem in my other pocket in a small bubblewrap sack with usually just my wallet, car keys, and phone. It heats quickly too, and is great for random on the go outdoor sessions, in the car, friends houses, freezer at work. There is almost no hassle in setting up a vapor session anywhere.
You think you can post a pic of the Solo next to the VG classic?

lesvape,

Raf007

Retailer
The optional charger that allows you to use the Solo while charging thing kind of stop me to pull the trigger, but damn I wan to try this baby !
PLus a carrying case would have been welcomed.

It will never replaced my LB but could be a nice add on, in between the LB, the Oracle, and the VXC :D

@Willeh, what's the black thing in your bong ? What brand is it ?

Raf007,

Willeh

Sadly I haven't owned a vaporgenie myself for quite some time, so I wont be able to post picture comparisons. However, with the ceramic filter on, the vaporgenie classic is quite bulky and both vaporizers take up roughly the whole of my palm. It is about the same height as a can but thinner.

The black thing in my bong is a tree perc. It has 4 slits on each of the 3 arms :]

Something I'd like to note, as a tip to people who do get one is that it heats the bowl most evenly when the bowl is only very lightly filled 3/4 of the way or so, but never packed down. I would say the optimal load is a little under .1 grams. There is no worry of herbs falling in the unit as there is nowhere for the herbs to fall in there and the ceramic heater is shaped all around the inside. If it's packed and powdered correctly you will not have to stir and it will be the same color all the way through. Even when you over pack it, it gets acceptably finished at the back. Also I've been having fun vaporbonging on lower temperatures too, and I really only put the thing on 7 in the video to show that it can hit hard. Even on 2 you get a smooth blue vapor instantly start filling the bong, as long as you warm the bowl up with it.

Willeh,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I just received my Solo and I have to congratulate Steve and Arizer for putting together such a great product. The fit and finish is top notch, my unit is currently charging but my initial impression is a good one. What really surprised me was the size of the unit, it is SO much better than the NO2 I had. Once again, props to Arizer for a great portable. To be truthful, I've been a bit disappointed with the last few models that I got my hands on which prompted me to design my own, but if this unit functions like it looks, I will be very pleased with my purchase. I think they set a new bar in this genre of vapes, I'll be back with a review after I get more familiar with it.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
It sounds like you like how it looks but... how well does it work? Is this my new tailgate friend?

IAmKrazy2,

jdee

went ahead and got the solo, because I liked these qualities about it

-variable temp
-all glass vapor path
-portable
-rechargeable
-discreet

I did initially find the cost of entry seemed high given that we have no definitive answer on battery longevity or if user replaceable battery is an option. I do enjoy being an early adopter so I went ahead and bit the bullet. and having resold my volcano digit for more than I bought it I'm sure if I truly hated this device I could recoup most of my investment.

The device itself feels very sturdy in its metal enclosure very much comparable in looks and feel to a quality electric razor. The operation couldn't be simpler, Turn on, set temp, insert loaded stem, now your vaped. Or you will be after another one as they are smallish loads and you may have a high tolerance

The taste is great at lower temps on the initial first few hits, but after several hits or running higher temps it does get into less tasty territory, nothing offensive..just the usual byproduct of ABV or high temp vaping.

For an on the go device this is pretty amazing and for the points I listed at first this was the best choice for me, I do have an mflb/pa but would rather drink the solo milkshake than shake the mflb.

The milkshake thing is because I found at times the airflow to be pretty restrictive due to the design. the glass stem/bowl goes into a hollow cylinder with 3 tiny holes placed around the bottom edge. the stem never locks firmly so it has some wiggle room. as you wiggle the stem you may restrict airflow by covering some or all of the 3 air intake holes, depending on the uniformity or non uniformity of the glass stem. So at times it's such that it reminds one of trying to drink a really thick milkshake through a tiny straw.

Some other things worth noting are that this is an all glass bowl, just 2 small holes. I have a mendo mulcher and the grind is fine so small bits get sucked through which is not a desired effect I would think. a coarser grind or using water tools will help here. A carrying case would have been nice something like a hard shell zippered nylon case with pouch/Velcro strap or something for the glass.

I don't really have anything to say about the battery because I haven't been able to run it down completely yet, but I would thing it would be comparable in lifespan to devices like electric razors or toothbrushes.

Overall this device is a welcome addition to the collection and it though it does have things that make it not perfect (I don't expect these things to be perfect..is anything?) I don't regret picking one up and would love to see a solo bowl to male gong adapter glass piece in the future for easy use with water tools.

Vitolo

Vaporist
jdee said:
The milkshake thing is because I found at times the airflow to be pretty restrictive due to the design.
Sounds like my feelings the first go I had at the log vapes!
Nice review! :) Bust out with some new Daddy photos! :lol:

Vitolo,

Willeh

A good tip for the airflow is to use slightly less powdered stuff at the bottom of the bowl, and to _never_ push the weed in. I find that when the holes are completely un-restricted it's almost completely free, a little more flow than that of a empty purple days stem (I'm actively comparing at the moment, though my purple days stem is slightly restricted due to build up which does not happen on the solo. These two vapes are similar for draw speed). The thing is if you suck to hard or press you can get a little nib of weed stuck in one of the holes. It took me a few days of playing with the pack to find the optimal pack for the airflow. It does not matter as much in milkshake mode, but out of a bong when it's blocked you can give yourself a headache trying to suck too hard (same with the purple-days).

Also, I unscrewed my top to get a closer look at the intake holes, and I do not thing you actually can block any one of them with the stem at any given time. It looks like they're all in a little ditch around the edge of the element and that you couldn't physically fully block them. I'd also like to note neither of my bats wiggle, and I can not change the sensation of the airflow at all by moving them around. One of them is actually really tight and only goes in if it points towards the temperature LEDs (Or directly away from. It must be a little ovular).

edit: Lastly, You definitely do not need to pack the bowl full. Half bowls work best, as they get heated most even I. I usually pack the bowl 2/3rds full now, and I still get the same milky tokes out of my bong as in the vid. Usually about 0.05g-0.08g of material

Raf007

Retailer
Thx Willeh, I was wondering if it was a special kind of tree perc apart from being black.

Raf007,

extremevape420

just got my solo last night it blew away my iolite in 1 hit, this thing is a machine best 230$ spent in a long while keep it up arizer. nice and small but has some weight to it. it feels like its built well i recommend this vape to anyone and everyone

extremevape420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
extremevape420 said:
just got my solo last night it blew away my iolite in 1 hit, this thing is a machine best 230$ spent in a long while keep it up arizer. nice and small but has some weight to it. it feels like its built well i recommend this vape to anyone and everyone

Where did you get it for $230?

pakalolo,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Now that I have had a few days to play with my Solo, I gotta say it is currently the best portable vape on the market. The fit and finish is top notch, the battery seems to last a decent amount of time, and you get decent sized clouds.

The only drawbacks are ones that people have already talked about. The mouthpiece itself has only two small holes and sometimes more finely ground up herb will be pulled through. The second is that it has the same "milkshake" draw as the iolite, PD, and NO2. Given that this is a portable, I don't mind that the airflow is restricted so much but ideally, I would like it to be easier to inhale.

All in all, if you can afford the price point, I feel this is the best portable you can get for the money.

stonemonkey55,

jdee

the solo works a treat with the 100ml ehle for vapebong onthego :o definitely prefering it to standalone mode, as it allows me to take bigger rips vs the sipping technique, also cuts down on the potentially unpleasant throat/lung drying effects associated with breathing in heated air. using a rubber grommet on the mouthpiece end makes a perfect seal with the bowl on the ehle.

jdee,
Top Bottom