Arizer Solo

bluemonkey

Oh, cool. A new Brit expression! I know a pound, but please, what is "a point"? Tenth of a gram?

You folks have sure done some fun things with this funny language we pinched off you a few centuries back....

TIA

OF

Ha Ha, that is the beauty of it,
We make them up all the time, feel free to add your own,

ye a "point" is 0.1g,
How does that compare, i have checked out a few of your "dispensaries" websites seems like it's not far off

bluemonkey,
Reactions: OF

OF

Ha Ha, that is the beauty of it,
We make them up all the time, feel free to add your own,

ye a "point" is 0.1g,
How does that compare, i have checked out a few of your "dispensaries" websites seems like it's not far off

Thanks a lot. As a rebel colonial I'd have thought you'd still use some weight system based on a 28th part of the average of 3 robin's eggs collected by the royal game keeper the Monday after Easter in 1648. Or something really hard to reproduce.

I lost faith when you gave up Shillings, pence (that would be old pence, right?), bob and all that. Who values a farthing these days? I mean anybody that can drink their courage in gills from options can do better weighing out weed you'd think?

I'd say $17 or so a gram for the top shelf stuff is a typical price. You can get a clue from places like:
http://elementalwellnesscenter.com/menu/index.php

OF

$un

The solo does not have a user replaceable battery or it wouldn't have been soldered to the circuit board. what some users are doing is risky & solo does not recommend that. a few solo's have blown up in peoples hand from tampering with the battery, so i was told.

I just found out today the VPHES shorty turbo does not come with any holes but instead its fully open with a rim where the screen goes in. i was told because it has little to no resistance there is hardly no vapor & the material will burn a lot faster. is that true? but why would i like my material to burn faster when i like it when it lasts? can someone that owns the shorty turbo take a picture of the inside part of the stem? if someone did a video of the shorty turbo in use & bowl times, that would be really cool. 18 more days :leaf:

$un,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
I just found out today the VPHES shorty turbo does not come with any holes but instead its fully open with a rim where the screen goes in. i was told because it has little to no resistance there is hardly no vapor & the material will burn a lot faster. is that true? but why would i like my material to burn faster when i like it when it lasts? can someone that owns the shorty turbo take a picture of the inside part of the stem? if someone did a video of the shorty turbo in use & bowl times, that would be really cool. 18 more days :leaf:

NOTHING should be burning

toros23

It is for extra airflow, which I assume is the whole reasoning behind PVHES in the first place. Nice thing about having more airflow is you have more control. Too much airflow and you get no vapor because it cannot heat up properly.

toros23,

EarlyCuyler

Hello all, good evening. Super-baked Solo user here with a common complaint. Both of my stock glass tubes are loose now. I've seen bits of advice here and there, but to be honest I'm way to high to figure it out. Can someone help me out? I've got an Arizer M1A38xxxxx if that helps.

I've been planning on ordering a wooden stem from Ed real soon. Will using the wooden stem fix this problem? Thank you for any help.

EarlyCuyler,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
The wooden stem will actually make it worse to a degree. Unscrew the top of the solo and push the black retaining ring down. The easiest way to do it is when to solo is hot then press it down on something flat.

Dreamerr,

bluemonkey

I lost faith when you gave up Shillings, pence (that would be old pence, right?), bob and all that. Who values a farthing these days? I mean anybody that can drink their courage in gills from options can do better weighing out weed you'd think?

OF

ahh takes me back!
but let me know when you guys grasp the pronunciation of these words,
oregano, yogurt, aluminum, jaguar, buoy, route and vitamins haha, no i'm only joking,
but seriously it's called the ground floor not the first!

that elementalwellnesscenter, looks awesome, you guys are lucky,
I'm thinking we all owe a lot to the guys in Amsterdam for strain development

also here are some pics of the shorty turbo (middle)
IMG_20130326_174504605.jpg

4013221f-c65c-4749-a4ed-abe9c2497e3e.jpg

kinda hard to see, but it is basically just as described,
a single bore hole, the screen just wedges in,
the turbo does offer the least resistance, it's easier to clean, it fits the tightest (on mine at least) though it could be weaker due to indented rim

EarlyCuyler

The wooden stem will actually make it worse to a degree. Unscrew the top of the solo and push the black retaining ring down. The easiest way to do it is when to solo is hot then press it down on something flat.

Is there any stem that makes it a lot tighter? I'm kind of bummed if this is gonna be a lifetime of the unit type of problem. Thank you for replying though.

EarlyCuyler,

clouded vision

Hello all, good evening. Super-baked Solo user here with a common complaint. Both of my stock glass tubes are loose now. I've seen bits of advice here and there, but to be honest I'm way to high to figure it out. Can someone help me out? I've got an Arizer M1A38xxxxx if that helps.

I've been planning on ordering a wooden stem from Ed real soon. Will using the wooden stem fix this problem? Thank you for any help.
I was having the exact same problem and no matter how many times I pushed the ring back down as soon as it got hot my stems would fall out when I cleared my bong. The easiest solution is to get an o-ring (I have read size 113 but I got an assorted pack and found one that fit) unscrew the metal top, put the stem in with the o-ring on it then screw the cap back on. It took me 2 tries to get it but now I can hold it upside down and shake it.

clouded vision,

Dreamerr

Is there any stem that makes it a lot tighter? I'm kind of bummed if this is gonna be a lifetime of the unit type of problem. Thank you for replying though.

No Ed's stem will fit tight always I believe. The glass will get looser cause his stem is really tight. If that is your concern get one of Ed's and see if he has those glass inserts that I read about months ago. Loose glass stems is a lifetime issue but clicker fixed it with a washer and some others used o-rings. I have the washer and it works really well.

Dreamerr,

EarlyCuyler

Ok thank you so much guys/ I'll bookmark this and get to the hardware store this weekend to try and find one. Anyone got a link so I'll have a better idea what to look for? Thanks again!

EarlyCuyler,

Dreamerr

Do yourself a favor and start reading this thread backwards. The washer or the o-ring should be able to withstand the heat so it should be rated to about 500F. You can search this thread only with the search feature and put in the word washer cause it will come up less times then if you are up to it put in o-ring.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

XGerpXDerpX

i been using this thing for like a week now, got my gong in mail today, i got the carbed one, i think i perfer the carbed one over non-carbed. I like how i dont have to lift the gong/solo out to clear it, im glad i didnt wait for pvhes gongs to be in stock, idk what the status is right now but they were selling out immediately

XGerpXDerpX,

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
The solo does not have a user replaceable battery or it wouldn't have been soldered to the circuit board.

Funny, but the battery can be unplugged and removed on mine. Do you think I should send it back and insist that the battery be properly soldered to the circuit board ?

With all due respect, I'd recommend reading this whole thread. Every darn page of it. There is plenty of discussion on replacement battery packs - they do require the right connector to be soldered on but they are definitely replaceable. There's even a very good photoshoot of a complete teardown back there somewhere - as Yogi Berra said, "you can observe a lot just by looking" and in your case, you might become even more expert or at least offer opinions that correspond with what's already well known.

XGerpXDerpX

I might as well hawk the charger, im only using this thing as a passthrough now anyway, wonder if thatll damage the battery

XGerpXDerpX,

Dreamerr

People it is almost here. Look what our friendly ebay man just made for us. I am excited. I hope it feels good in my hand. This is for the PA as you all asked for as well as me.
PrxIB4I.png

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
My understanding of "user replaceable battery" in consumer electronics is a battery that is easily installed/removed by the consumer, can be easily done with no experience, and can be done non- invasively (meaning either you don't need to take the unit apart, or if you do, it doesn't void the warranty.

The solo doesn't really it those.

It's not as hard to change as say the omicron v1.1, but I wouldn't consider it "user replaceable" from a consumer electronics context :2c:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: JLG

Dreamerr

There are some vapes that have batteries you charge outside the vape or when you battery dies you can sell it and get a new one :shrug:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom