Arizer Solo

Techn!d0n

I got mine almost over 2 weeks ago... I love this thing... it is just as powerful as my kia vape and MILES above the iolite... so... I am new to this place but all I can say is thank you guys... I am SO glad that I got this awesome vape... now for a better home unit... (if I ever need it :D)

Bouldorado

took the solo hiking:
P1000406.JPG

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Did your 3 light burn out?

Nice view, Bouldorado! :nod: I hope it was a nice hike.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ataxian why is your solo in pieces? I thought if you take off the four screws at the bottom it just slips out leaving you with a tube/can and the other piece the circuit board. Now I am more confused the usual.
I rebuilt them completely.
The guys are in great shape now.

ataxian,
Reactions: ShipDit

$un

hey all my fellow vape heads, i have been reading this forum for a while & finally decided to make a account of my own. i got the solo few days ago & love it & i was wondering is it even worth the $30 for the pvhes shorty turbo? seems like a rip off to me, the price should be some where around $15 shipped.

$un,

Yoshi

Woah
hey all my fellow vape heads, i have been reading this forum for a while & finally decided to make a account of my own. i got the solo few days ago & love it & i was wondering is it even worth the $30 for the pvhes shorty turbo? seems like a rip off to me, the price should be some where around $15 shipped.

It gives better airflow than a stock tube, if you don't want it buy another one. It's short, and they price it higher because the shorter stem is stealthier and that is a pretty good reason to buy it. :shrug:

Yoshi,
Reactions: ataxian

$un

so the whole length of the stem is shorter than the stock? or just the bowl? i know all the accessories for solo is priced at rip of levels just like the power adapter.

$un,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
They are hardly priced at rip off levels.

The shorty just means shorter bowl (approx 30% less capacity), but technically the whole stem would be a fraction of an inch shorter.

PV also offer stealth stems if you're looking for something shorter.

OF

Did your 3 light burn out?
I don't think so. I noticed it was on in another picture- just a quirk I guess.

Boy, hard to get anything past Stu isn't it?

Not a quirk really, but an artifact of timing I think. The display is multiplexed. Notice if you wave it around in a dark room you get a series of dots not streaks? The LEDs are being flashed on and off faster than we can normally perceive so we see it as a continuous (lower than peak) level. The shutter time on your camera was just a bit out of sync....or was it the Solo?

I've noticed my 5th LED is finicky, wonder if it's the same issue. :uhoh:

I doubt it for the above reason. I've discussed a couple of fun anomalies/artifacts with the display recently (including specifically strange flashes on 5 when restarting at level 4), perhaps something along those lines? But I think the example above is the camera seeing something the human eye can't (basically for the same reason movies don't seem like 24 different frames a second).

OF

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
so the whole length of the stem is shorter than the stock? or just the bowl? i know all the accessories for solo is priced at rip of levels just like the power adapter.

It's optional ... you don't want you don't buy, I like supporting these kind people (PV, VW, ED, etc..)

I still try to be humble.

RIPOFF? :awkward:

m0sh,

$un

Everyone is welcome to have their own opinion, but a $8 stem (stock stem) that's sold at $30 (with shipping) with a few notches & minor mods in my book that is a rip off. Also same with the adapter, even some high end laptop adapters don't cost as much as the solo power cord. Solo as a unit is one of the best in the market but at $229 (now around $170) i expect a adapter that will charge & can be used while charged to expect the least. instead of arizer charging us another $44 plus shipping, OF COURSE that's a ripoff, but we are just stuck being over charged & being ripped off because we love the solo so much. arizer should also improve their sucky warranty & step up the standards. Would love to see a user replaceable battery in the next model, i think that would be really cool.

Mod note: We have a rule here regarding talking about companies.
"Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on." I think you've made your opinion known now.

$un,

m0sh

Everyone is welcome to have their own opinion, but a $8 stem (stock stem) that's sold at $30 (with shipping) with a few notches & minor mods in my book that is a rip off. Also same with the adapter, even some high end laptop adapters don't cost as much as the solo power cord. Solo as a unit is one of the best in the market but at $229 (now around $170) i expect a adapter that will charge & can be used while charged to expect the least. instead of arizer charging us another $44 plus shipping, OF COURSE that's a ripoff, but we are just stuck being over charged & being ripped off because we love the solo so much. arizer should also improve their sucky warranty & step up the standards. Would love to see a user replaceable battery in the next model, i think that would be really cool.

You expect?

First off, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to adapters. a 8.5v with 5000mA is very very rare and I couldn't find it in my country and if I did it would have cost me 50$ at least!
A proper 19V 3.5mA cost me 35$ so stop with the BS - if you don't like the Solo deal its your problem, charging and using it together is not standard, its not a cellphone.
But as far as "laptop" adapters, they are cheaper and not as rare.

Now about the 8$ stock stem, suppose it cost them 1USD, isn't it a rip off as well?

Do you realize that the special stems are custom made? and adding the shipping to the total price is not fair.

No one in Arizer has control about customs stems nor should they have and also - power adapter is optional and I'm not sure its that good for the battery (not really bad tho)

So all in all... get off your horse.

JLG

i have been reading this forum for a while
So you knew the price of the power adaptor and PVHES stem before purchase the Solo.
Why did you bought it then ?

You can live without the PA (power adaptor). I don't have it and i don't need it.
The PVHES stem improves the flow but reduce the thickness of the vapor.
What do you prefer ?
You can still mod the stem yourself with a torch or a dremel.

Also there is a Classified section where you can sell your vaporiser... but you need at least 50 days membership, 50 posts, and 15 "likes" to create a thread :)

m0sh

So you knew the price of the power adaptor and PVHES stem before purchase the Solo.
Why did you bought it then ?

You can live without the PA (power adaptor). I don't have it and i don't need it.
The PVHES stem improves the flow but reduce the thickness of the vapor.
What do you prefer ?
You can still mod the stem yourself with a torch or a dremel.

This +1 , tho I have no problems with vapor thickness...

I bought the PA and I haven't used it once yet...

m0sh,

bluemonkey

You might want to use the discount code, FCLOVE10
They are not such a rip off, they even have a specific code for us on a forum, which i find to be rare.

Just depends how much you want one, we all know we could whip a dremel out, but I'm not priced out at the current level,

I paid $48 dollars for a shorty turbo and a straight shipped to the uk which is £32 of my english pounds, i'm happy to pay that beacsue the shorty is very useful and saves me alot of bud, and the price i pay for MJ is around a pound a point so every efficiency i make is noticeable, i rarely use the straight that probably was a waste

OF

Everyone is welcome to have their own opinion

OF COURSE that's a ripoff, but we are just stuck being over charged & being ripped off because we love the solo so much. arizer should also improve their sucky warranty & step up the standards. Would love to see a user replaceable battery in the next model, i think that would be really cool.

Agreed, everyone gets their own opinion. In general, I think folks will judge the value of yours (or mine) on how well we can defend it?

Others have posted why they think your opinion we're being ripped off (not a fact, right?) is not correct citing complex technical problems and low volume. Also pointing out some of your ire is aimed at second parties who simply offer a product at a price they hope you can afford, IMO the fact that they seem to be perennially out of stock speaks to the number of people who think $30 is a bargain (given it'd cost them far more to have a one-off custom made I suspect).

I guess I don't see how their warranty is out of line, nor do I honestly see much in the way of shortcomings with standards and quality......but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I'll be most interested in your response to mOsh's and JLG's points.

Oh, BTW, the Solo does in fact have a user replaceable battery on the current model......see, it's already better than you thought? How cool is that?

.... the price i pay for MJ is around a pound a point so every efficiency i make is noticeable

Oh, cool. A new Brit expression! I know a pound, but please, what is "a point"? Tenth of a gram?

You folks have sure done some fun things with this funny language we pinched off you a few centuries back....

TIA

OF

John Lewus

I bought an Ed's stem off an FC member last week...so I plan to clean on arrival. I remember in the Ed's TNT thread that he mentioned the metal sleeve on the inside can be pushed out. You can then soak the metal tube. Did you do that? Seems like that would solve the problem...or am I just ignorant in this assumption? Mine hasn't arrived yet...

The metal sleeve is not the problem. All of the residue "honey" that builds up on the glass stems also happens on the wood inside and changes the flavor. To me it is harsher. I really don't use my wood stem much anymore so I might try the milk trick and see what it does to the wood. I need to do more research first.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Didn't they say Ed now has glass inserts? Maybe just put that in if he sells them separately. Did Ed come up with a solution to clean it?

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ShipDit
Top Bottom