Arizer Solo

JCat

Accessory Maker
You sure picked a great vaporizer to start out with! I've had many vaporizers and recently got the Solo. It's pretty much all I use right now, that's how much I like it.

If it's your first vape, you may want to start out at a relatively high temp, around a 5 on the Solo. It'll give you thicker vapor and can help make the transition process easier. I had a tough time switching to vaporizing after buying a Volcano because the vapor was just too airy and light for me. Then you can try going lower or higher in temp to decide what you like best.

I agree with the start on the 5 setting if you're trying to get off smoking. I actually preheat mine to 6 and drop it to 5 when I start (putting the stem in for at least 30 sec before starting to inhale, often putting it in for the full warmup)

When using your Volcano did you preheat the chamber (against the manufacturers instructions which warn against it in the manual so you don't burn yourself)? I sit the chamber on top of my Volcano when I turn it on, let it preheat to 197 and then get 3 bags of nice, really thick vapor (the 2nd bag being the most dense). I can actually get 4 bags if I want to, I just find the last bag is usually whispy and not really worth it. Without preheating I found the Volcano bags way to airy like you (to much heat loss/transfer to the non-heated chamber)

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm not quite sure how that changes the original reason that it was created, which was indeed to protect against insects. Modern medicine was pretty much the science if figuring out the secondary effects and human context of substances created by other forces of nature. While it certainly does help us humans, I don't think that means it was ever intended for us by the plant making it.

CentiZen,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
We have been involved with this plant for thousands of years, we have cannabanoid receptors in our body, which help regulate the nervous and immune system. Science is finally coming out with it, do a little research and you can see for yourself. A good place to start is "Run From The Cure" or "Juicing Raw Cannabis" on youtube.

To get back on topic, I have been having a great time using my Solo w/ my Dave Goldstein fritted disk mini can. Looking forward to the PVHES GonG adapter for sure... I have been balancing the Solo on the long PHVES stem w/ my mini, a bit wonky, but such good air flow!!

Nic

The idea of natural intention assumes definite purpose. Some may say this also assumes devine creation. Some don't like making so many assumptions...

I agree Jam!! The PVHEGonG is easily my most anticipated product at the moment!

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hi Jamba, my point here is what nature created for. Peniciline was discovered from a fungus, and we are not vaping fungus everywhere, because don't give as the same high as THC. From lolly seeds we got a very well known medicine, but later human turn it a nightmare called heroin :( .
Botox gives botulism, but human turn it into plastic surgery and spascisity/startle conditions. I can keep the list going. Cannabis is being used for ages and I love it, but I'm not vaping in a MALL where the air is enclosed and not going anywhere but again in your lungs over and over, yea yea, scents perfumes shit farts gas lice AIDS gonorrhea could be in the air too, if you want to told me, but we do not need something else added to the list, that maybe is not safe for undeveloped under age brains , plus THC being hallucinogic as well, can you imagine a 5 years old kid with a strong potent sativa high without knowing what the hell is going on :(
If people believe they are so cool being stealthy and vaping the hell indoors, I can see many people doing it at the same time, lets say a weekend in a crowded Mall??? 100 plus vaporists??
My point here is, looks like I'm the BAD guy here because I don't want people vaping whatever inside an enclosed public space, malls, restaurants, schools, colleges, universities, offices, public transportation,any indoors public space,etc etc etc, in open/outdoor public/private we do whatever the fuck we want, I include myself, but don't do it next to kids wherever,please???? Thanks :)

I see you are still waiting for PVHES still, didn't try dremmel mods yet??

p.s: sorry about capital letters, I just found how to highlight text, my apologies

Zangano Cruel,

Nic

Soooooo I posted earlier about the Micro-Dab manual having been released. Maybe someone else is interested in DLing it? I'd love to get a good discussion going about a new Solo tool.

Nic,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Soooooo I posted earlier about the Micro-Dab manual having been released. Maybe someone else is interested in DLing it? I'd love to get a good discussion going about a new Solo tool.

Why don't you create a thread for it. It doesn't appear to belong in the solo thread for sure.

certainly not paying money to download the manual for a product I don't even own nor can I buy.

ru_frothi,

Nic

Why don't you create a thread for it. It doesn't appear to belong in the solo thread for sure.

certainly not paying money to download the manual for a product I don't even own nor can I buy.

I considered it, but Vitolo made a very good point about it being more of a Solo add-on than a stand alone vaporizer. My Micro-Dab comment was an attempt to get back on topic.

I totally agree about them charging for the manual. Not sure why any company would do that...

Mud

IMO Puff It Up, one of the supporting retailers here, have the best deal, $160 with free shipping US and a 4pc sifter grinder, you can't go wrong. Besides they have the M1D latest Solo in stock. IMO, I own the M107 as well, the M1D heats faster.
Get yourself a Dremmel and get your hands dirty and proud yourself of modding your own stems & GonG stems, save $$$, time, and put THC to work :)

I have a dremel, i could probably do that, I just have 2 basic solo stems though, I bought my last one from PuffItUp, but there was some coupon code i found in here, anyone remember it??

Mud,

Gandalf

When using your Volcano did you preheat the chamber (against the manufacturers instructions which warn against it in the manual so you don't burn yourself)?

Never tried that technique and can't now because I sold my Volcano years ago. Thanks though, sounds like it would have solved my problem in terms of vapor thickness. But after using so many different vaporizers now, I don't think I'll ever be buying a Volcano again. It's a great vape but not for me.

I'd honestly choose a Solo over a Volcano hands down.

Gandalf,

weedemon

enthusiast
while i am enjoying my solo. I have never had hits from a portable like this before. BUT.. I also do not like the restricted airflow. the strong suction actually irritates my stomach. (I have a "leaky valve" (LES) that seals off my stomach from my esophagus). the solo kinda hurts it. :( It kinda reminds me of my PD log vape restriction wise.

im thinking maybe a better draw technique may be helpful to me?

weedemon,

Gandalf

while i am enjoying my solo. I have never had hits from a portable like this before. BUT.. I also do not like the restricted airflow. the strong suction actually irritates my stomach. (I have a "leaky valve" (LES) that seals off my stomach from my esophagus). the solo kinda hurts it. :( It kinda reminds me of my PD log vape restriction wise.

You might want to try ordering a PVHES stem when they're back in stock. I plan on buying them as well. Supposed to help a great deal with airflow.

I too experience restricted airflow, but I'm used to it from my PD and it's a little better on the Solo. Doesn't bother me.

Someone here recommended raising the stem up just a bit while hitting the solo to increase air flow. Might want to try that as well.

Gandalf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
+1 for the PVHES, Weedemon. It makes a noticeable difference for sure.

:2c:

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I had pretty much stopped using my solo because the restricted draw was giving me a head ache... now I use the PVHES stem with ease, and I think it will help you love your solo again. They should be in stock again soon... hope they get a lot of them, many people in line wanting them.

jambandphan03,

JCat

Accessory Maker

Lift the stem a little off the bottom and move around (different sides, holding in centre, etc.) ... once you find a place that works, you'll get used to "propping" the stem like that while you're taking a draw. (this is the technique I used before the PVHES stems and still use with the non-PVHES GonG adapter I have.) ... and by a little I mean maybe a mm or so.

JCat,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I rock my original 2 hole stems and personally enjoy the restriction only because I can't direct lung hit at all. I have the PVHES stems and they do work great to direct hit... but it's not for me as mentioned because I need to more 'puff' the stem, and the design of the PVHES's are for a slow steady inhale.

C'est la vie..... it's just the way it is (for me).

smokum,

MrNorml

Very happy to hear your input on them vitolo! If you come across anything else I would be very happy to hear them as well! :)

how long is average recharging time? 3-4 hours seems to be what I have seen so far? (only on pg 215 so far...)

yesterday I got 5 or 6 sessions out of mine before i discovered that the battery was drained. on the last go I was thinking wtf? It wont heat over the number one setting! I finally realized what was going on. and then i plugged it into the power adapter i got with it so i could keep using it.

this morning i did 2 stems on #4 setting (this took 2 12 min cycles + a little bit more of a 3rd) and i checked the battery after each stem. I rebooted the device to check the battery. I lost one bar each time for the stem

quick question. would it be a correct thought of mine to be that I should try not to unplug it until it is done charging completely? I'm thinking in terms of the battery losing it's ability to fully charge in the future if i pre maturely pull the plug on it when it's charging?

Mine last some 6 or so sessions at least; takes maybe 1 1/2 hr to revive. I generally use mine inside, just unplugging for use, re-plug in after, so mine is basically always fully charged unless I take it out, and then it lasts really an entier afternoon for me easily.

MrNorml

I got my O-ring from tintest.. so perhaps a PM to him would elicit an answer, as to it's size.
he told me...
"just unscrew the cap, put the O ring on the stem (near the holes are on the inside)
put the stem in the solo (with the O ring on it) and replace the cap. The cap will hold the O ring in place, so then you can remove & replace the stem.
The O ring will hold the stem in so it wont fall out any longer."

Way too difficult. I would figure something using rubber band and the plastic cover/top on the solo to hold it from the outside so you can easily remove/refill it. Unscrewing could be tough from time to time...

MrNorml,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member

I had a hard time getting to like my solo because of the restricted draw. I found it easier to simply direct inhale from the stem than to run it through water because i was able to gauge how hard i was drawing and prevent those headaches from appearing.

however, I recently paired it with a sgw hydratube and because of the tiny volume of water and essentially no drag i was finally able to get big clouds out of the solo, without getting a headache. I am using the stock 2 hole bent stems that have some screens in them to limit the amount of vaporizables I can stuff in there, also I am using the silicone orange end from the supreme vape in order to seal the stem to my glass.

Next I tried using my mini beaker with a shower head perc but I took the downstem out of it so only the top perc fires. this has become my ultimate combo. I start vaping on 4, and I get two or three pulls per stem, and 2 or 3 stems before the battery auto shut off kicks in.

How much do the pvhes gong stems hold (in grams)? Are screens still necessary to prevent "shrapnel" from getting through?

notmyrealUSERname,

Nic

How much do the pvhes gong stems hold (in grams)? Are screens still necessary to prevent "shrapnel" from getting through?

Same as the stock stems. If you'd like to try one with 30% less volume, I highly recommend the Shorty. Screens are recommended with the regular PVHES, required with the Turbo version (wide open bore). A screen comes installed in all options. I recommend getting an extra 5 pack to make a nice dome and double screen it. The PVHES stem is a must-have item for anyone dissatisfied with the stock stem. For a really elegant and equally less-restrictive stem alternative, check out Ed's too!

natural farmer

Hey bro, congrats on your new Solo! Why don't you try a simple vapor lung? http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-62#post-234297 . I don't use anything else at home any more and I even have some food bags and tape on hand when travelling to quickly make another one if needed. I just keep the GonG top in hand too and twist it in a new bottle when out of home and need a VL. It eliminated the need for a glass for me (much easier sessions) and it makes the perfect party accessory for the Solo. Just fill and pass, no restrictions, no headaches, no glass accidents. :D It's not the most elegant piece but it does a hell of a job!!!
I 'll make a new vid when I get some fresh herbs and show how easy a session has become with the GonG top (18/14 reducer) and a PV GonG stem for the Solo... Cheers! :cheers:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Way too difficult. I would figure something using rubber band and the plastic cover/top on the solo to hold it from the outside so you can easily remove/refill it. Unscrewing could be tough from time to time...
Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't look that difficult at all.
It looked to me like you put the o-ring on a stem once, put the stem in, put the cap over the stem, and that would leave the o-ring in the correct position for future insertions.

Sounds easier than having to adjust an elastic band every stem.
:2c:

natural farmer

I had a hard time getting to like my solo because of the restricted draw. I found it easier to simply direct inhale from the stem than to run it through water because i was able to gauge how hard i was drawing and prevent those headaches from appearing.

however, I recently paired it with a sgw hydratube and because of the tiny volume of water and essentially no drag i was finally able to get big clouds out of the solo, without getting a headache. I am using the stock 2 hole bent stems that have some screens in them to limit the amount of vaporizables I can stuff in there, also I am using the silicone orange end from the supreme vape in order to seal the stem to my glass.

Next I tried using my mini beaker with a shower head perc but I took the downstem out of it so only the top perc fires. this has become my ultimate combo. I start vaping on 4, and I get two or three pulls per stem, and 2 or 3 stems before the battery auto shut off kicks in.

I'd love to ask how can a HT change the total airflow of the Solo and give you easier hits? No matter how no-drag a glass piece is, the total effort required from your lungs wouldn't change as the bottleneck is the Solo itself... If combined with a PV or Ed stem then it sounds ok. :2c:

natural farmer,
Top Bottom