• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

DrJynx86

Who else uses their SOLO almost as a tabletop (ie: plugged in)? I've found this way battery level almost do not drop and I can go on for longer sessions, while I don't draw too often but it's so enjoyable I love it!

Subbed!

OF

Who else uses their SOLO almost as a tabletop (ie: plugged in)? I've found this way battery level almost do not drop and I can go on for longer sessions, while I don't draw too often but it's so enjoyable I love it!

Some do, folks will do most anything, but from a battery lifespan ('how long will it last' as opposed to 'how many sessions per charge') it not really a good idea from two different perspectives. First it keeps 100% charge on it full time, the worst thing you can do, really. Notice how it came about 3/4 charged? That's because 100%, especially at hotter temperatures, can kill the battery.

Secondly, it works the battery harder than necessary. It's constantly discharging and discharging in use meaning it doesn't get a chance to cool off as the heater cycles (heat is the enemy). Better to discharge and recharge at different times so the heating will be less.

The OG Solo I didn't use this system. Engineers know better. With the original you can only charge at 12 Volts, meaning you can't 'charge while using'. Instead, feeding it 9 Volts instead put you in 'true PA (Power Adapter) mode with a different 'wall wart' that provided the 2.5 Amps needed for the heater, not the pathetic fraction the charger is good for. This cost extra money to design in, but was seen as justified for technical reasons if you wanted to preserve maximum possible lifespan on the battery.

We (customers), of course, knew better than the experts who'd done an otherwise bang up job on design of this excellent vape. Based on cell phones, we 'demanded' use while charging as a feature. Sales, of course, listened and we got our way over logic and sound engineering. After all, this means customers will kill their battery sooner.......and rush to give them more money? This feature, 'use while charging' works for cell phones since they charge much faster than drain in use......unlike Solo? Such is the way things work.

It's your unit, of course, you're free to use it as you wish. Buy my advice is to avoid your current technique or be ready to replace the battery in a year or two no matter how much you really use it? Simply stopping at 90% charged with DOUBLE, yes, I said double your battery lifespan. My advice is to charge it up, stopping 'early' by 10 or even 20% (which doubles it again.....) and then enjoy it 'cordless' a dozen sessions or so before recharging. It's really easy enough to do if you remember to keep track, and performance is identical, minus the cord.

If you're the nerd type, lots of useful information on the topic here:

Good insights on table 4.

" Environmental conditions, not cycling alone, govern the longevity of lithium-ion batteries. The worst situation is keeping a fully charged battery at elevated temperatures. Battery packs do not die suddenly, but the runtime gradually shortens as the capacity fades. "

This is why 18650s used in electric cars are 'underrated' by about half the level we push them to, makers also are wise and know the cost of replacing battery packs much as the love 'miles per charge' numbers.....

Regards to all.

OF

DrJynx86

Some do, folks will do most anything, but from a battery lifespan ('how long will it last' as opposed to 'how many sessions per charge') it not really a good idea from two different perspectives. First it keeps 100% charge on it full time, the worst thing you can do, really. Notice how it came about 3/4 charged? That's because 100%, especially at hotter temperatures, can kill the battery.

Secondly, it works the battery harder than necessary. It's constantly discharging and discharging in use meaning it doesn't get a chance to cool off as the heater cycles (heat is the enemy). Better to discharge and recharge at different times so the heating will be less.

The OG Solo I didn't use this system. Engineers know better. With the original you can only charge at 12 Volts, meaning you can't 'charge while using'. Instead, feeding it 9 Volts instead put you in 'true PA (Power Adapter) mode with a different 'wall wart' that provided the 2.5 Amps needed for the heater, not the pathetic fraction the charger is good for. This cost extra money to design in, but was seen as justified for technical reasons if you wanted to preserve maximum possible lifespan on the battery.

We (customers), of course, knew better than the experts who'd done an otherwise bang up job on design of this excellent vape. Based on cell phones, we 'demanded' use while charging as a feature. Sales, of course, listened and we got our way over logic and sound engineering. After all, this means customers will kill their battery sooner.......and rush to give them more money? This feature, 'use while charging' works for cell phones since they charge much faster than drain in use......unlike Solo? Such is the way things work.

It's your unit, of course, you're free to use it as you wish. Buy my advice is to avoid your current technique or be ready to replace the battery in a year or two no matter how much you really use it? Simply stopping at 90% charged with DOUBLE, yes, I said double your battery lifespan. My advice is to charge it up, stopping 'early' by 10 or even 20% (which doubles it again.....) and then enjoy it 'cordless' a dozen sessions or so before recharging. It's really easy enough to do if you remember to keep track, and performance is identical, minus the cord.

If you're the nerd type, lots of useful information on the topic here:

Good insights on table 4.

" Environmental conditions, not cycling alone, govern the longevity of lithium-ion batteries. The worst situation is keeping a fully charged battery at elevated temperatures. Battery packs do not die suddenly, but the runtime gradually shortens as the capacity fades. "

This is why 18650s used in electric cars are 'underrated' by about half the level we push them to, makers also are wise and know the cost of replacing battery packs much as the love 'miles per charge' numbers.....

Regards to all.

OF

Thank you OF! I unplugged the SOLO immediately after reading your excellent put response, and will be charging it as suggested, much appreciated.

Actually I was keeping track of usage times, trenches and charge cycles on an excel spreadsheet (for this and ArGo), and started using the SOLO as a tabletop because laziness, lol.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Been looking for a Solo / Solo2 battery replacement. Anyone have any experience with the following? Says it will work with Solo or Solo2:

I just replace the built in battery pack after a couple of year’s.
A SOLO consumer can DIY or purchase a pre-made pack?
Easy to diy if you are not afraid?
SOLO your way in to space!

Spaced Invader

Been looking for a Solo / Solo2 battery replacement. Anyone have any experience with the following? Says it will work with Solo or Solo2:

https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/so...lacement-battery?_pos=10&_sid=371c071d9&_ss=r

Solo replacement batteries. You can either buy the battery from them or send your unit to them for installation.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I had 2 working Solos and 2 with dead batteries. I replaced the battery in one of the dead Solos with the above and after a couple charges I am satisfied that the replacement worked so I've ordered another of those replacement batteries. The original Solo battery I replaced said 2200mAh and the replacement said 3400mAh. I am noticing a definite increase in run time and heat up time and the increase may even be better than when it was new.

If the new battery works as well as the first one....I will have 4 working Solos, 2 of which may work better than the two that are running on original batteries.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Vegas Lights

20201231-080456.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Vegas Lights

20201231-080456.jpg
The SOLO has transformed my way of consuming CANNABIS!
Joint’s of paper and Dazed & Confused recreational consumption of Marijuana (first experience)
My first introduction to vaping had too many batteries so back to joint’s?
The SOLO help my need’s the most in this dazed transition in my quest to continue on a path of bliss?
Pink, black, white (painted pink 2 fuck with human’s brain washing)
New or Old my need’s R medical these daze’s?
If you’re seeking CIVILIZATIONAL Existence vaping is very therapeutic!

Choices

I had 2 working Solos and 2 with dead batteries. I replaced the battery in one of the dead Solos with the above and after a couple charges I am satisfied that the replacement worked so I've ordered another of those replacement batteries. The original Solo battery I replaced said 2200mAh and the replacement said 3400mAh. I am noticing a definite increase in run time and heat up time and the increase may even be better than when it was new.

If the new battery works as well as the first one....I will have 4 working Solos, 2 of which may work better than the two that are running on original batteries.
Was this a pretty easy swap out? As in does the original battery have the same connector And size? Mine runs fine but a spare might be worth keeping around if it isn’t too big a chore to swap out.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Was this a pretty easy swap out? As in does the original battery have the same connector And size? Mine runs fine but a spare might be worth keeping around if it isn’t too big a chore to swap out.
If I pick up my tool box the family calls the ambulance before I open it...... so you can rest assured it was an easy swap out since I was able to do it. Youtube was my friend.

The good news is that the first swap out I mentioned above is definitely running better than when it was new.

The bad news is that the second swap out I attempted didn't work. My guess is that the second unit has an issue other than worn out batteries. When I replaced the battery in the second unit it would not charge up but would work plugged in so I feel like the connections are good but the circuit board may be compromised. There are some minor spots on the board where 'gunk' looks to have built up. I'm still glad I did it since I have an extra battery waiting when one of the three working units flakes out on me.

EDIT: The trickiest part was removing the bottom screws...they're pretty small and the bottom plate around the screws is a weak area so if you decide to go forward don't try to cut corners on those screws and don't settle for a screwdriver that has a moderate fit. You'll want that screwdriver to really grip that screw.

Choices

If I pick up my tool box the family calls the ambulance before I open it...... so you can rest assured it was an easy swap out since I was able to do it. Youtube was my friend.

The good news is that the first swap out I mentioned above is definitely running better than when it was new.

The bad news is that the second swap out I attempted didn't work. My guess is that the second unit has an issue other than worn out batteries. When I replaced the battery in the second unit it would not charge up but would work plugged in so I feel like the connections are good but the circuit board may be compromised. There are some minor spots on the board where 'gunk' looks to have built up. I'm still glad I did it since I have an extra battery waiting when one of the three working units flakes out on me.

EDIT: The trickiest part was removing the bottom screws...they're pretty small and the bottom plate around the screws is a weak area so if you decide to go forward don't try to cut corners on those screws and don't settle for a screwdriver that has a moderate fit. You'll want that screwdriver to really grip that screw.
Thanks for the tips!

OF

A pair of excellent bits of advice. The proper size screwdriver ("0" IIRC) is critical. Using one 'a size too small' is inviting it to cam out of the slot, do that a time or two with too much force and you can easily strip the screw head out defying further efforts to turn the screw out. Drilling out the head or breaking the plastic tabs is the only recourse.

The screws are self threading into the Aluminum of the body. SS screws against Aluminum....a problem in itself. My advice is to put a tiny dab of some lubricant on the screw threads before putting them back in. Anything from wax (including candle wax) through grease to machine oil will improve things a lot.

Best New Year's wishes to all.

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I like the Original Solo better than the Solo 2.
I am on my 2nd Battery with this Solo... I purchased it in 2011 and it's still going.
I may buy a 3rd battery for it's Birthday!
Tighten your Solo Gasket:
THANK YOU UNCLE VITO!!!!! Two of my older solos are now fully back into rotation!!

KidFated.,
  • Love
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

Yes.. I have bought Solo batteries from this seller for llocal Patients.
I like ARISER product’s a lot!
ME TOO!
Holy Toledo Vitolo. That is a formidable arsenal of vaporizers. Sure you got enough of them though ? Just kidding, though I suspect your reply might be that you still need a few more additions to the collection, to remain current, as it were.
That is the case!
Taffy Bowle Christmas Gift is on it's way!! (very excited!) Video very likely will follow in appropriate thread.
Is the Volcano truly worth the $700 price tag
Volcano:
Standard costs are:
The Classic (analog) is $479
The Digital is $599
is there anything in that price range that is better than the solo 1
I do not think so...except I do love the Fury 2... for cost and longevity.
For flavor and performance, you will not do better than the Solo 1, in my opinion.
I am not a big fan of the Solo II, when compared to the original Solo.
Carl Sagan is the coolest homo Sapien ever to be on this PALE BLUE DOT we call earth?
In 1971, I stopped at a college campus in my travels, and heard Erich Von Däniken speak in a dormitory cafeteria.
(back then this was common... I saw Alice Cooper the same year, play at a "Women's Gymnasium" at a southwestern Colleg Campus!)
I got to meet him afterwards, and buy him drinks at a local establishment.
We talked for a long time (very verbal fellow as well as a respectable drinker!)
He was very cool as well,

Carl Sagan vs Von Däniken​

leading from
Erich Von Däniken
and
Carl Sagan

a) Scientist Carl Sagan was open about his criticisms towards Von Daniken when he spoke to someone who was to interview Von Daniken for Playboy in 1974, and spoke about the idea that astronomers sent signals into space being a common misconception. This was for the August edition of Playboy, and well a few months later that year in November, a message was transmitted into space from the Aricebo radio telescope aimed at the globular star cluster M13 some 25,000 light years away.

proponent of healthy skepticism,
Professor Carl Sagan,
(Nov 9, 1934 – Dec 20, 1996)
b) However from his memories of Carl Sagan on an televisions interview discussing the phenomena of UFOs, Von Daniken found reason to be not so impressed with Carl Sagan's ability to think about anything mysterioussuch as UFOs without thinking them to be anything but delusions.
They took LSD on the weekend’s and smoked joint’s?
He drank scotch more than normal, however he did write wonderfully.
Too bad CANNABIS was not his pleasure like it was for SAGAN.
Von Däniken enjoyed Marijuana.
He liked to drink also.
That is I think 'Ask FC' gives you a wider field of opinions to call on......from more objective folks?
@OF be known' things!
Take his lead, you won't go wrong!
THANK YOU UNCLE VITO!!!!! Two of my older solos are now fully back into rotation!!
That's what family is for!
My personal advice is to keep a Solo handy, it earned those 1600 pages of almost universal positive posts. That's a whole lot of happy campers.
Don't take this advise lightly!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes.. I have bought Solo batteries from this seller for llocal Patients.

ME TOO!

That is the case!
Taffy Bowle Christmas Gift is on it's way!! (very excited!) Video very likely will follow in appropriate thread.

Volcano:
Standard costs are:
The Classic (analog) is $479
The Digital is $599

I do not think so...except I do love the Fury 2... for cost and longevity.
For flavor and performance, you will not do better than the Solo 1, in my opinion.
I am not a big fan of the Solo II, when compared to the original Solo.

In 1971, I stopped at a college campus in my travels, and heard Erich Von Däniken speak in a dormitory cafeteria.
(back then this was common... I saw Alice Cooper the same year, play at a "Women's Gymnasium" at a southwestern Colleg Campus!)
I got to meet him afterwards, and buy him drinks at a local establishment.
We talked for a long time (very verbal fellow as well as a respectable drinker!)
He was very cool as well,

Carl Sagan vs Von Däniken​

leading from
Erich Von Däniken
and
Carl Sagan

a) Scientist Carl Sagan was open about his criticisms towards Von Daniken when he spoke to someone who was to interview Von Daniken for Playboy in 1974, and spoke about the idea that astronomers sent signals into space being a common misconception. This was for the August edition of Playboy, and well a few months later that year in November, a message was transmitted into space from the Aricebo radio telescope aimed at the globular star cluster M13 some 25,000 light years away.

proponent of healthy skepticism,
Professor Carl Sagan,
(Nov 9, 1934 – Dec 20, 1996)
b) However from his memories of Carl Sagan on an televisions interview discussing the phenomena of UFOs, Von Daniken found reason to be not so impressed with Carl Sagan's ability to think about anything mysterioussuch as UFOs without thinking them to be anything but delusions.

Von Däniken enjoyed Marijuana.
He liked to drink also.

@OF be known' things!
Take his lead, you won't go wrong!

That's what family is for!

Don't take this advise lightly!
1972 maybe? In concert I saw the ROLLIN STONES at a convention center near or in the PIKE area!
My oldest friend was stabbed after the menu!
Most of the long blue eyed surfer’s (babe’s present were dazed & confused from many joint’s of zig zag’s (pre bong era)
Where was a SOLO?
Tried of matches?
CIVILIZATION did not exist!
Beaches along the coastline showed off the oil slick glassy water of perfect wave’s 4enjoyment.
420 after school was a board meeting Columbia Gold grew wild in the garden of those hippies no scared.
Carl Sagan was a great thinker during this time ?
My buddy had a $9,500 PC without RAM or HARD DRIVE (640k is all it came with)?
Some of the surfer’s played guitar & went surfing the south side of the pier of beach!
Sun glass’s wore after all night after a gig in the local nightclub!
No bong’s or vaporizer’s?
SOLO So welcome!

Last edited:
Top Bottom