Arizer Solo

darebear999

Well, I can guarantee there is no combustion going on with the solo. The spent herb is not remotely black. I couldn't say the same for the mflb, unfortunately. Sometimes, if I left the battery in a few seconds too long it would spark and smoke. BTW, there are no settings (such as low) on a mflb. It's all up to you and the old in/out with the battery. A little too long and poof! Not long enough and very disappointing. You can see the predicament. I'm glad you enjoy your mflb but I prefer not to have to juggle while I'm vaping ; > I just want to set it and forget it until it goes beep :>

darebear999,

darebear999

Also, I most often prefer clouds but I'm using the solo on 6 or 7 most of the time. If you want a milder vape just set it to 5 or under.

darebear999,

Vaperlock

darebear999 said:
Also, I most often prefer clouds but I'm using the solo on 6 or 7 most of the time. If you want a milder vape just set it to 5 or under.
I purchased the home and car adapter for the LB. That's why you're confused about the power settings comment that I made. If it wasn't for the power adapter the LB would be a pain to use. It wasn't easy to find the link for the power adapter but eventually I did from the advice of another user.

That's why I'm so excited about the LB because it makes a world of difference from not having to use batteries and being able to change my temperature level. If you have one don't get rid of it until you try this adapter.

Vaperlock,

darebear999

Vaperlock said:
darebear999 said:
I purchased the home and car adapter for the LB. That's why you're confused about the power settings comment that I made. If it wasn't for the power adapter the LB would be a pain to use. It wasn't easy to find the link for the power adapter but eventually I did from the advice of another user.

That's why I'm so excited about the LB because it makes a world of difference from not having to use batteries and being able to change my temperature level. If you have one don't get rid of it until you try this adapter.

Ok, for $60 you've taken a once portable vaporizer and tethered it to a power outlet. I'm sure it improves the poor temperature control of mflb (because it doesn't have any) and this seems to provide that but it negates it's portability factor and, frankly, just looks ugly...like it was cobbled together and rushed to market because of complaints about the lack of temp control with the mflb. Even though I don't quite get it, I can tell that fans of the mflb are dedicated and that says something about it that all my criticism can't take away. Having said that, I still just prefer the quality and simplicity of the solo.

darebear999,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I have to disagree mate. I've never used a MFLB but I've read a lot about it and I suspect I won't like using it, yet I love the looks of the power adapter! The simplicity of the design, the materials that are used, it's perfect imo. Plus it complements the looks of the box perfectly.

OhTheAgony,

hunterthompson

darebear999 said:
I still just prefer the quality and simplicity of the solo.

Are you saying that the Solo is simpler than a MF because that just seems ridiculous to me. And it is not true that there is no temperature control. The temperature control is based on draw speed. Based on this comment and your previous ones (saying that your kits are practically untouched and that you ignite your herb often) it seems as if you have not gotten your technique down and haven't really given it a fair chance. I have used both the MFLB and the Solo and although the Solo produced huge mindblowing clouds, I feel like I have much better control with my MFLB and not to mention how much more discrete it is. Even though I have almost entirely switched over to my RZ I still think the MFLB is a fantastic portable once you get over the learning curve and is being horribly misrepresented here.

hunterthompson,

darkrom

Great Scott!
"Having said that, I still just prefer the quality and simplicity of the solo."

Simplicity and quality of the solo compared to the MFLB? You need to be joking right? The MFLB is one of the most simplistic vapes on the market. As for quality they have nearly no failures other than user error and even those will be replaced under warranty. My screen was broken by someone being careless and high and physically destroying it. Drop your solo down the stairs and see if it is covered. I just don't see how you can get more simplistic than a MFLB.

darkrom,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
You do need some effort of concentration to make the LB work well though. See how simple a drunk person finds it, even if you can be bothered to try and explain to them. :2c:

WatTyler,

darkrom

Great Scott!
WatTyler said:
You do need some effort of concentration to make the LB work well though. See how simple a drunk person finds it, even if you can be bothered to try and explain to them. :2c:

The solo definitely DEFINITELY has a lower learning curve, but the vape itself is far from simplistic. Now that you say it that way I HOPE that is what he meant because electronics are hardly simple compared to wood and a screen.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Egzoset said:
Oh boy, now there's "temperatue control" in the MLFB! Right...

1, 2, 3...

:peace:

There is no temperature control at all, however it is very possible to change the temperature with breathing rates. Fair enough?

darkrom,
darebear999 said:
Vaperlock said:
darebear999 said:

Ok, for $60 you've taken a once portable vaporizer and tethered it to a power outlet. I'm sure it improves the poor temperature control of mflb (because it doesn't have any) and this seems to provide that but it negates it's portability factor and, frankly, just looks ugly...like it was cobbled together and rushed to market because of complaints about the lack of temp control with the mflb. Even though I don't quite get it, I can tell that fans of the mflb are dedicated and that says something about it that all my criticism can't take away. Having said that, I still just prefer the quality and simplicity of the solo.
lol I was going to say the same thing and your quote is spot on! The solo is just better/end of discussion! for most that is lol. Because 80+% of people who consume MJ like to get high as shit so that means the biggest hits they can. I liked my LB don't get me wrong but like the one guy was saying it was just much fiddling around and not to mention the learning curve. Took my friends forever to learn how to hit it and some still didn't even get it. I have been enjoying my chipping ceramic solo almost every night I go out. Can't wait till they fix/replace my SS and send it back

VapeNStone,

Vaperlock

VapeNStone said:
darebear999 said:
Vaperlock said:

lol I was going to say the same thing and your quote is spot on! The solo is just better/end of discussion! for most that is lol. Because 80+% of people who consume MJ like to get high as shit so that means the biggest hits they can. I liked my LB don't get me wrong but like the one guy was saying it was just much fiddling around and not to mention the learning curve. Took my friends forever to learn how to hit it and some still didn't even get it. I have been enjoying my chipping ceramic solo almost every night I go out. Can't wait till they fix/replace my SS and send it back

Tell your friends to get their own unit that you would have to explain how to use the LB to them. For God sakes the unit is only $100. Of course I'm just kidding. You know for me to like something so prehistoric if I may as the LB says something if you knew me. I own a lot of gadgets and money is no object. But here is a case where I want perfection and I cannot get it with all the money in the world.

I will still keep my solo but it will be a paperweight. Okay here's a challenge. It's brand-new and comes with a case. I just ordered and receiving soon the AC adapter and the 4 hole draw tubes with caps.
I will have about $280 involved. Who wants to take it off my hands for the same price? It's a black SS unit.

Vaperlock,
darkrom said:
"Having said that, I still just prefer the quality and simplicity of the solo."

Simplicity and quality of the solo compared to the MFLB? You need to be joking right? The MFLB is one of the most simplistic vapes on the market. As for quality they have nearly no failures other than user error and even those will be replaced under warranty. My screen was broken by someone being careless and high and physically destroying it. Drop your solo down the stairs and see if it is covered. I just don't see how you can get more simplistic than a MFLB.
Actually I have fell down the stairs with my solo in my front pocket and its still working great today lol

VapeNStone,
darkrom said:
WatTyler said:

The solo definitely DEFINITELY has a lower learning curve, but the vape itself is far from simplistic. Now that you say it that way I HOPE that is what he meant because electronics are hardly simple compared to wood and a screen.
you mean NO learning curve lol. Because everyone should already know how to suck

VapeNStone,
Vaperlock said:
VapeNStone said:
darebear999 said:

Tell your friends to get their own unit that you would have to explain how to use the LB to them. For God sakes the unit is only $100. Of course I'm just kidding. You know for me to like something so prehistoric if I may as the LB says something if you knew me. I own a lot of gadgets and money is no object. But here is a case where I want perfection and I cannot get it with all the money in the world.

I will still keep my solo but it will be a paperweight. Okay here's a challenge. It's brand-new and comes with a case. I just ordered and receiving soon the AC adapter and the 4 hole draw tubes with caps.
I will have about $280 involved. Who wants to take it off my hands for the same price? It's a black SS unit.
I think your going to need to take a bigger hit then nothing lol. I seen a guy in this very thread said he bought a solo and a case for like $180. I don't know for sure if it was the SS model but a solo none the less.

VapeNStone,

Vaperlock

VapeNStone said:
Vaperlock said:
VapeNStone said:

I think your going to need to take a bigger hit then nothing lol. I seen a guy in this very thread said he bought a solo and a case for like $180. I don't know for sure if it was the SS model but a solo none the less.

I also paid approximately the same price but with shipping it came to $199.00 I don't think you read everything I said as I purchased 2 glass tubes with 4 holes, caps and the AC adapter. If somebody wants to pay me what I paid I will let it go otherwise I will keep it. Either way it's no big deal.

Vaperlock,

MadWhack

hunterthompson said:
darebear999 said:
I still just prefer the quality and simplicity of the solo.

Are you saying that the Solo is simpler than a MF because that just seems ridiculous to me. And it is not true that there is no temperature control. The temperature control is based on draw speed. Based on this comment and your previous ones (saying that your kits are practically untouched and that you ignite your herb often) it seems as if you have not gotten your technique down and haven't really given it a fair chance. I have used both the MFLB and the Solo and although the Solo produced huge mindblowing clouds, I feel like I have much better control with my MFLB and not to mention how much more discrete it is. Even though I have almost entirely switched over to my RZ I still think the MFLB is a fantastic portable once you get over the learning curve and is being horribly misrepresented here.

There's a Lot of misinformation in this post.

My first vape was a MFLB and I now have a solo as well. There is absolutely no way anyone who owns both would say the MFLB is an easier/simpler device.

I particularly love that all I need to say is "inhale" when new users are trying my solo. I've had to give a tutorial on how to use the MFLB to every single person that has ever used it. Half were able to use it correctly upon first use. The other half required 2-3 sessions before getting a hang of it (usually needing a tutorial refresher). This is quite tedious and there's a decent amount of wasted herb in the process.

I like both vapes but if we are talking strictly in terms of simplicity and ease of use there really isn't a comparison. The solo destroys the MFLB.

MadWhack,

steven22

I love my MFLB and I ordered a solo, should be here tomorrow. I have done plenty of research on the solo and I am pretty sure on what to expect out of it.

that being said, I dont think it will ever replace my MFLB. It does things that the MFLB cant, but the LB does things the solo cant either.

MFLB, yes, it has a high learning curve and it is homemade looking, but it really does function well... you just have to figure it out. I have a small pouch that is the size of my hand, it fits my extra herb, box, batteries, cleaning brush, stem. I never leave my house without this pouch. It contains my herbs for the next day or 2.

I cant imagine the solo providing this for me. for me to use the solo, I would have to set things up, put herb in the stem, stick stem in, turn on, wait, start vaping. When done, I cant simple put it back in my pocket, I would need to disassemble things and discard the vaped herb.

with the LB, I always have herb in the trench... I insert battery, vape for a little bit, and then I can put it back in my pocket with the battery in and not worry about anything. pull it back out in a bit for my next dosage.

-----

yes, the LB does not create big clouds like the solo, but trust me, its not necessary. LB makes decent vapor, visible vapor. just not excess wasteful vapor. what little vapor it creates, just hold it in for a longer amount until it is mostly absorbed (light vapor on exhale). I guarantee you will be high within a trench for sure. Its all that is needed when you are outside and on the go.

the LB should not be ones ONLY vaporizer, or primary vape. because, for days you feel like being wasteful and just get yourself ripped like hell real fast, the MFLB isnt great. I go to my extreme v3 for that job.

----

I bought the solo for situations where I need ease of portability to transport from A - B and NOT use while going from A to B. I dont know if that made sense.

for example, I am going to a friends place for a get together, I want to vape. I dont need stealth. I need a powerful vape that has low learning curve, and plenty of clouds to keep the combusting naysayers happy. I DO NOT however feel like packing up the big extreme v3 along with all of its parts and transporting it while taking the risk of it breaking. solo fits the bill for this.

Solo will not fit the bill when I have a long day of errands and work planned out, no real time to sit down and smoke like I would at home. I will vape off the MFLB and my pouch of goodies whenever I have a spare 5-10 min.

I have used my LB in so many situations , will be at the inlaws house, when their back is turned away, I will take a nice hit out of the LB which was in my pocket and put it back right after the hit. hold that hit in till its gone... no exhale, and I am pretty high.

I use it in movie theaters, really discreetly, hold it in till it is almost gone, barely any exhale, no one is the wiser.

supermarkets, mall, library (while studying) , public restrooms, other peoples houses who dont condone herbs (this one is a huge benefit)

I either cannot, or dont have the balls to use something like the solo in these situations

steven22,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
steven22 said:
I love my MFLB and I ordered a solo, should be here tomorrow. I have done plenty of research on the solo and I am pretty sure on what to expect out of it.

that being said, I dont think it will ever replace my MFLB. It does things that the MFLB cant, but the LB does things the solo cant either.

MFLB, yes, it has a high learning curve and it is homemade looking, but it really does function well... you just have to figure it out. I have a small pouch that is the size of my hand, it fits my extra herb, box, batteries, cleaning brush, stem. I never leave my house without this pouch. It contains my herbs for the next day or 2.

I cant imagine the solo providing this for me. for me to use the solo, I would have to set things up, put herb in the stem, stick stem in, turn on, wait, start vaping. When done, I cant simple put it back in my pocket, I would need to disassemble things and discard the vaped herb.

with the LB, I always have herb in the trench... I insert battery, vape for a little bit, and then I can put it back in my pocket with the battery in and not worry about anything. pull it back out in a bit for my next dosage.

-----

yes, the LB does not create big clouds like the solo, but trust me, its not necessary. LB makes decent vapor, visible vapor. just not excess wasteful vapor. what little vapor it creates, just hold it in for a longer amount until it is mostly absorbed (light vapor on exhale). I guarantee you will be high within a trench for sure. Its all that is needed when you are outside and on the go.

the LB should not be ones ONLY vaporizer, or primary vape. because, for days you feel like being wasteful and just get yourself ripped like hell real fast, the MFLB isnt great. I go to my extreme v3 for that job.

----

I bought the solo for situations where I need ease of portability to transport from A - B and NOT use while going from A to B. I dont know if that made sense.

for example, I am going to a friends place for a get together, I want to vape. I dont need stealth. I need a powerful vape that has low learning curve, and plenty of clouds to keep the combusting naysayers happy. I DO NOT however feel like packing up the big extreme v3 along with all of its parts and transporting it while taking the risk of it breaking. solo fits the bill for this.

Solo will not fit the bill when I have a long day of errands and work planned out, no real time to sit down and smoke like I would at home. I will vape off the MFLB and my pouch of goodies whenever I have a spare 5-10 min.

I have used my LB in so many situations , will be at the inlaws house, when their back is turned away, I will take a nice hit out of the LB which was in my pocket and put it back right after the hit. hold that hit in till its gone... no exhale, and I am pretty high.

I use it in movie theaters, really discreetly, hold it in till it is almost gone, barely any exhale, no one is the wiser.

supermarkets, mall, library (while studying) , public restrooms, other peoples houses who dont condone herbs (this one is a huge benefit)

I either cannot, or dont have the balls to use something like the solo in these situations

Wow...you should get your Solo first and use your Solo before you start discussing what you can or can't do with a Solo.

Papa Woody,

steven22

Papa Woody said:
steven22 said:

-----

----

Wow...you should get your Solo first and use your Solo before you start discussing what you can or can't do with a Solo.

I figured someone would say this...

but fair enough. I should have held my comments til then.

steven22,

darebear999

Papa Woody said:
MFLB, yes, it has a high learning curve and it is homemade looking, but it really does function well... you just have to figure it out.

<Is your vaporizer making you feel stupid? Making you jump through its hoops? Perhaps it's time to move on to a new and better product. Learning curve?! We're talking about vaporizing, people! This ain't nor should it be rocket science. Maybe I am an idiot because I didn't figure out the secret sauce: the right combination of sipping just right and flipping your herb before it burns. All for a tiny amount of vapor. Give me a break! I just want to relax and vape and not be continually refining a method>

<Wasteful vapor?! Huh? I'd just like it if it produced as rich and think a vapor as the solo but it's nowhere close. So, let's not pretend.

I bought the solo for situations where I need ease of portability to transport from A - B and NOT use while going from A to B. I dont know if that made sense....Solo will not fit the bill when I have a long day of errands and work planned out, no real time to sit down and smoke like I would at home. I will vape off the MFLB and my pouch of goodies whenever I have a spare 5-10 min.

<I'll grant you this: the mflb is a better and more discrete one hitter, if that's what your looking for. However, most of the scenarios you mention here are perfectly suited to the solo too. I do travel around with it and use it, quite a bit; but just as I wouldn't try to use the solo in front of someone I didn't know in public I sure as hell wouldn't try to use the mflb for more than one hit and even then it would be pretty obvious you're doing something out of the ordinary. More than one hit and it becomes really obvious with the flipping.>

darebear999,
Top Bottom