Arizer Solo

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
where did it break on the stem? these stem look like a regular neon tube glass, maybe you can get the stem fixed.

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

i wouldn't recommend it, the glass looks cheap, i don't think it can handle the thermal stress of repeated torch hits. correct me if i'm wrong.

ilovebOObs,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
biojuggernaut said:
Is it safe to heat up the outside of the stems with a butane torch for an oil type hit?
I've done it. No problem. The glass is borosilicate and can handle the heat of a butane torch.

Just be careful as if you heat up the stem too much, you may get oil dripping down out of the stem before it has a chance to vaporize (I lost some into my bubbler this way).

YMMV

:peace:

Stu,

dorkus_molorkus

biojuggernaut said:
Is it safe to heat up the outside of the stems with a butane torch for an oil type hit?

I would say not. Lately, I have been using my stems as a ghetto hash pipe & then hitting the glass itself
ala ghetto eclipse as well. One stem has since self destructed & I expect the others to follow shortly. :(
(it started with tiny cracks that just appeared in the bowl end & of course broke when I dropped it- lol)

I have one solo stem that doesnt fit into the solo properly & I am now using that only till it dies.

new stems locally in Oz are $15ea + $6.50 shipping. a bit outrageous I think, but typical. :mad:

dorkus_molorkus,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
zombonaut said:
I had my rare 3 hole straight stem spontaneously destruct while in the Solo.

Is there a US based vape store that has the straight 4 hole stem in stock?

I just got 2 four hole straight stems from GreatVape.com (http://greatvape.com/items/accessories/arizer-solo-tube-so601-detail.htm)
They show the curved one, but do carry the straight stem. Shoot an email to Stephen ( info@GreatVape.com) to confirm they still have some in stock. They are very helpful and fast.

Sinclue,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Sinclue said:
zombonaut said:
I had my rare 3 hole straight stem spontaneously destruct while in the Solo.

Is there a US based vape store that has the straight 4 hole stem in stock?

I just got 2 four hole straight stems from GreatVape.com (http://greatvape.com/items/accessories/arizer-solo-tube-so601-detail.htm)
They show the curved one, but do carry the straight stem. Shoot an email to Stephen ( info@GreatVape.com) to confirm they still have some in stock. They are very helpful and fast.

likewise with vapeworld.com, they dont list the straight stems but they have them in stock, at least when i ordered mine on friday. about $13 for it IIRC.

Well, got my screens today and installed them in the stems without problems. I domed the screen a bit and then put it in and then took a flat-ended marker and smooshed it down, now its in there tight around the sides and elevated just a millimeter or so up off the glass that the holes are in.

I scrubbed out my bong and soaked my stems and all taht. vaped a few stems and everything still looks new and clean, unlike before i put the stem in lol. I highly recommend using a screen. Even if you CAN use larger chunks of bud that are less likely to suck through, i just cant think of a good reason NOT to have one in there. IMO the solo, like any vape i've used, is better with ground herb. It vapes better at lower temps, extracts more evenly and thoroughly, etc. I havent noticed a reduction in airflow or anything either, no negatives to having a screen in there.

steiner666,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
+ 1 on the screens(never used mine without one even).

I torch my stems all the time to vape the oil out of 'm btw, and there are no sign of cracking on any of them. Even more extreme, I have a stem with a hair fracture in it that came this way when new & the crack doesn't even go further in spite of the fact I keep torching it. I was a little surprised to read that Dorkus has broken a stem this way though. Perhaps it's time to become a little more careful.

Dorkus, was that a 2 hole stem that broke or a 4 hole stem? Just wondering if the glass quality may have changed over time..

OhTheAgony,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Because I didn't want to risk wrecking my stems with heat, I just use a mason jar full of 99% ISO and let them soak (I have 6 stems in rotation), until I'm ready to clean finish cleaning one for use. Swish it around in the ISO, then brush and rinse letting the ISO and reclaim go back into the jar.

After a while, when the ISO becomes grungy looking, I'll run a QWISO run with either shake, bud, or ABV, then purge it off for goodies. Fill up with more ISO, and continue soaking my used stems.

Works for ME......

smokum,

dorkus_molorkus

lol- I too use an ISO soak & use the solo stem as a jelly hash pipe with an old uber screen.

BTW- it was the 2 hole stem that cracked & broke. Now it did break after I dropped it, but I noticed thin fractures in it about an 1hr before I dropped it.

I have used all of the stems I have this way & am now wondering if the others are now on borrowed time.

which is a bummer, cause I really liked using it that way.

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, vaping of the oil that way is really awesome imo. I would have bought a Solo just for that if had known that this was possible from the start, lol. On the downside it made me like the oils so much I'm already planning to do my first BHO run next summer, which will probably result in me buying a Eclipse H20 as well. It never ends now does it?

OhTheAgony,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
We received notice from Arizer that the ceramic Solo's will no longer be produced, they are going to dinosaur land. Once the current inventory is depleted, that is it.

On the stems, the newer 4 hole stems, both bent and straight use slightly thicker glass than the original 2 hole stems when we compare them all.

PlanetVape

PlanetHaze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nope, it never ends. After buying a butane torch to use on my stem, I somehow ended up with a glass nail / dome set up. Dunno how that happened. :uhoh:

Stu,

ilovebOObs

haha i have both a dome and a eclipse but still interested in using the solo for hash. mostly bought the eclipse for all the bong adapters hahahah now i wanna get the VG coil, i think that would be an awesome piece for my bubbler.

ilovebOObs,

MG23

Relaxin'
PlanetVape said:
We received notice from Arizer that the ceramic Solo's will no longer be produced, they are going to dinosaur land. Once the current inventory is depleted, that is it.

PlanetVape

Kind've sad news. :/
Now I really hope my ceramic never fails, I am really accustomed to the extra long battery run time the ceramic provides.

MG23,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Lmao, I forgot that this also started my torch-shopping-spree! I kinda went overboard and spend over a 150 euro's just on torches last month :rolleyes:

I've also been checking out skillets myself, perhaps that's a more fun way to go then with the Eclipse. Oh who am I kidding, I'll probably end up buying both :lol:

edit: boobguy, have you tried the Vapo Bowl or the Vapocane? If you plan on using the VG coil that way they may be a good alternative. I am also looking in to either a handcarved VG or the glass sherlock one btw... :uhoh:

Thanks for the message PlanetVape dude, get 'm while you can guyz!

OhTheAgony,
On some relevant topics: I've never cracked a stem and I torch them all the time. It gets to the point where you look forward to torching the stems more than vaporizing through the Solo proper. Just make sure you heat the entire stem evenly, as best as you can. I heat the mouthpiece carefully before it is even inserted into the 14mm stem, then heat upward careful and evenly all around. The glass won't break from the heat as long as that heat is evenly distributed throughout the entirety of the stem.

Do you guys really think the ceramic has better battery life? My SS isn't noticeably worse than my old ceramics.

Agony, on the great oil debate, I personally prefer the Eclipse H20 to the skillet because you can slowly ramp up the temperature instead of just dropping it all at once onto a super-heated pad, which is kind of a smoke/vapor IME. I've had a wooden standard VG and liked it fine, but given that the handcarved is like 65 bucks and works the same, and the glass VG is only a hundred... I'd go glass everytime. I -love- my glass vaporgenie, it's so much better than the wood or metal VGs. It hits bigger, cooler, cleaner, and you can see your dense, beautiful vapor as you chief. It's only downfall is its fragility and price, and larger size I suppose.

charliedontsurf,

ilovebOObs

wow thanks for the vapocane recommendation, that vape looks awesome too. guess i have to do some more research. been using my eclipse more as a straight hash pipe lately instead of hooking it up to the bong, using a combo of pieces from my eq vape.

ilovebOObs,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
PlanetVape said:

On the stems, the newer 4 hole stems, both bent and straight use slightly thicker glass than the original 2 hole stems when we compare them all.

PlanetVape

nooooo so that means the end of their amazing buy on get one free deal! I can't say I didn't see this coming, but I still have the same question I had before I owned a solo.

What was ever the point of the Ceramic coating, was it really just cosmetics? Because that cost them a lot of $$.

I almost want to buy another Ceramic unit just so when it fails... :cheers:

aesthyrian,

MG23

Relaxin'
charliedontsurf said:
Do you guys really think the ceramic has better battery life? My SS isn't noticeably worse than my old ceramics.

CDS fully charge both of your units and run full 12 minute cycles on 7 (letting them cool completely in between each cycle may add more accuracy) until they each stop heating up past 1. I think you'll notice quite a difference in run time between the two, somewhere right around 5 full cycles or about an hour extra.

aesthyrian said:
What was ever the point of the Ceramic coating, was it really just cosmetics? Because that cost them a lot of $$.

Superior heat retention, the reason the ceramic units have a longer run time.

MG23,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
charliedontsurf said:
It gets to the point where you look forward to torching the stems more than vaporizing through the Solo proper.

So true. I often feel like vaping a bowl in one of my Vapo Bowls but then decide against it only so I'll oil up my stems faster.

Good point on the Eclipse versus skillet debate too. I tried reclaiming the oil with alcohol recently & McGyverd a poor substitute for skillet and dabbed the reclaimed oil that way (on my SS SSV pick actually) but I much preferred the taste of vaping it straight out of a Solo stem. Much smoother and tastefull, less of a burned taste indeed.

I think I want a glass VG for home and a handcarved one for out and about now, tyfm *more fists*

On another note, I gave in to the opportunist in me and contacted Arizer about a SS warranty replacement for my chipping ceramic Solo. It's on it's way and I look forward to trying one out myself after everything I've read about it. I basically did it to have spare parts though. I plan on trying the SS bowl on the ceramic one like Vapelexus already did & I'd like the idea of having a spare battery pack for when my first one starts fading. Some extra stems and a spare charger are nice to have as well of course. Still feel kinda shitty about it though, but I'll probably get over that eventually :p

edit: Oh boobguy, glad you like it. Make sure you get a real Vapocane oppose to a 'Vapocane B' if you get one. And perhaps you want to look in to the Glassvape as well. I've also found a glass blower who's willing to try & copy the HDvape but I'm not sure yet if that's going to work out or not. We need a little more info on how it works and is constructed, but no one seems to have one anymore to provide the necessary info. Not giving up yet though.

OhTheAgony,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Okay, just bought mine...

Needed a new portable unit to use in the car while the nanny is in the house. I have been blowing lots of vapor bongs with all of my new glass, but I am pretty sure it is no secret to her that I am a bit of a pothead. :D

I just noticed she acts a little funny (in a good, playful way, cause she knows I'm vaked) so hopefully this will keep my activities under wraps...

I will report back with my review after I try it out!!!
:peace:

Bluntcrush,
Top Bottom