Arizer Solo 3

Pukka

You can always cram some steel wool in the heater and try scraping it off. Good luck.
I like aluminum wool over steel, it's softer and generally doesn't scratch. Usually available alongside the steel wool. I'll also stuff an ISO soaked cotton ball in a down side up oven and let it vegitate a bit before scraping with an orange stick (wooden cutical tool). The ISO usually softens things up enough to just wipe away.

vink

I agree, it has some mouth and throat drying qualities. For me it helps not to hit every bowl natively, instead I throw some bong rips in between.

Yesterday a friend of mine was showing me his harvest of 8 (!) strains. Knowing that this would dry my respiratory system hard, I brought my small bong to his place. We’ve been hitting this thing all night with the S3, no drying issues at all.
Yeah I hit it natively, don’t really want to use a bong. I am wondering if 3d, dimpled stems and /or a bcg coarse grind may help…

I do, yes. It’s been my experience that the coarser the grind, the more airflow I get, the faster I can extract the bowl.

Can’t comment on the plates as I own a 2 piece grinder - I prefer them wider rather than taller, and I just grind until it hits a consistency I’m happy with. Try it for yourself! Grind it just enough to break the material up and no further, then load it and see how you get on :)
Would you say corser grinds help to get it less dry for the mouth? I find the solo 3 is really drying my mouth and throat, even at 370

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Would you say corser grinds help to get it less dry for the mouth? I find the solo 3 is really drying my mouth and throat, even at 370
That could help. Or maybe flower with a bit more moisture too. The Solo can handle little hand-torn nuggets as well to see if a coarser "grind" helps. There's a pic of a nice long stem with a u-bend from GVB that I use for cooling a few posts back that makes things easy on my throat.

chillAtGVC

I do drink water when using the S3 or Venty, up to a glass per bowl. Some of this, especially the after effects, is strain dependent. I have around 20 on the go now. I almost always get it, but some are much worse than others. I've tried with a bong and a water filled bubbler but felt that it muted the taste more than helped with the dryness for me.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Pricey because of the style collaboration with colors, but this is so effective for smooth hits:

Also the toad stems will fit solo, a little looser, which I think can be great if you want to be able to remove and clear hits easily, it still fits tight enough for use... I have 18 mm WPA this way and I love it!

There are straight stems too but these are my favorite because you get to keep the vape upside down so nothing can spill, you can grind any which way, and have more air flow with mesh screens and no glass holes

vink

Pricey because of the style collaboration with colors, but this is so effective for smooth hits:

Also the toad stems will fit solo, a little looser, which I think can be great if you want to be able to remove and clear hits easily, it still fits tight enough for use... I have 18 mm WPA this way and I love it!

There are straight stems too but these are my favorite because you get to keep the vape upside down so nothing can spill, you can grind any which way, and have more air flow with mesh screens and no glass holes
Yeah but to pricy for my liking. Have you tried the 3d flow stem?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah but to pricy for my liking.

Yeah they are more examples to keep an eye out, I keep telling him to make the cheap clear versions too but they're not as fun, at least simple color options that could be cheaper than the bigger collab and such... Also WPA, he's been trimming a lot of bud lately and hasn't been able to work on glass again yet however, I'll let everyone know here when more are available! Hopefully variety

Have you tried the 3d flow stem?

No I wanted to try the 420 EDC stems, but I'm not sure there is any reason for me too now lol 3D flow is just simple spiked stem? I'm not sure what else features it has, but that at least does not cool enough for me

eyevape

👀
Okay, I knew that the S3 is a quite powerful device, but wtf? 😳 😂

Fine grind, stem fully packed, compressing the herb for 2mm space. Started session mode at 220C, hitting it hard on my 40cm bong (sorry imperial folks). After a while of hitting I saw the vapor changing like I’m combusting af, but I didn’t believe it and kept on going. A second later the taste confirmed the observation.

I thought the herb has touched the oven due to decompression, but it hasn’t. This was simply too much power for maybe too dry material. I totally didn’t expect that to happen, in fact I didn’t consider the S3 to be capable to combust at all, at least without the oven touching the herb. Anyone else have experienced this?

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Okay, I knew that the S3 is a quite powerful device, but wtf? 😳 😂

Fine grind, stem fully packed, compressing the herb for 2mm space. Started session mode at 220C, hitting it hard on my 40cm bong. After a while of hitting I saw the vapor changing like I’m combusting af, but I didn’t believe it and kept on going. A second later the taste confirmed the observation.

I thought the herb has touched the oven due to decompression, but it hasn’t. This was simply too much power for maybe too dry material. I totally didn’t expect that to happen, in fact I didn’t consider the S3 to be capable to combust without the oven touching the herb. Anyone else have experienced this?

Wow. I've never actually used mine at max temp because I've never felt the need. Even with concentrates I never went beyond 210C.

If the flower was dry and compacted as you say with a fine grind then yes, I could see this happening. If you're pulling hard against dense material, the superheated air has nowhere to go and the flower will combust if it's dry enough. We know the oven surface itself must be >>220C and with barely any distance for the air to cool coupled with the glass conducting more and more heat...

But yikes... I also didn't know the hottest setting was that powerful.

eyevape

👀
@eyevape I've run mine at 220C but it gets a bit dark for my tastes. But it never actually lit it on fire! I'd contact Arizer. Their support is top-notch. My uninformed guess is that something is wrong with the temperature sensor.
I have been running mine at 220C too, never combusted without oven contact. I’ll be observing this, reaching out to the seller if this happens again. Good to know that I won’t be left alone in case this is an issue.

Wow. I've never actually used mine at max temp because I've never felt the need. Even with concentrates I never went beyond 210C.

If the flower was dry and compacted as you say with a fine grind then yes, I could see this happening. If you're pulling hard against dense material, the superheated air has nowhere to go and the flower will combust if it's dry enough. We know the oven surface itself must be >>220C and with barely any distance for the air to cool coupled with the glass conducting more and more heat...

But yikes... I also didn't know the hottest setting was that powerful.
Usually I like to take the terps off at 180-200C before going to 220C for full extraction. The times when I started my session at 220C I used whole nugs. My theory about the dry, fine material is the same as yours. Let’s hope we’re right on that, as I don’t want to give away my S3 for one single day.

Last edited:

Rodney

I have not combusted with the solo 3 yet BUT I did get a few white specks one time when I just kept hitting it and hitting it to see how much it could take but it did not combust. I use mine exclusively inverted and and any time I put it down I do so horizontal. I use mine at 220C

One thing I did notice is that the screen does not always sit right as it expands when it is heated i think and it pops up sometimes causing some material to get into the oven. This only really happens after i do a clean of it all but after a few use the screen does not move.

It is deffo a very powerful vape but i found that even when material gets into the heater it still does not combust.

PrematureEvaporation

Super coarse grind or bits of nugs definitely helps keep things easier on the throat and chest. You want to keep that airflow as open as you can. I’d also try to mix up your use with another device or some glassware as well. The S3 is incredibly testing on the throat if you’re only doing native hits regularly. I’m really hoping inverted comes through with a game changing cooling stem, this is simply a different beast to previous Arizer and I think the stems are needing a generational upgrade themselves.

@eyevape how the fuck?! I can’t lie that’s pretty impressive, you’re pushing that guy to the absolute limits! I’d agree that it’s more likely over packing causing excessive heat build up than it is a faulty device. But hey, at least we know it’s possible and the S3 is really that powerful.

Speaking of power, I’m quite lazy with cleaning and found another use for the power in times of a weed drought. If you put the empty dirty stem in and put on 220c session mode, you can vape the reclaim in the stem and get fairly medicated in a pinch ;) I was getting some pretty decent clouds too, was surprising. It won’t vape it clean obviously so you’ll still need to clean it eventually

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

I usually vape around 185c and sometimes go to 195c.
With a bong I go to 205 and sometimes 215-220.
I've never had a burn.
Even at 220 degrees it turns dark brown for me... but not black
I think it’s the airflow as much as the temp which decides how dark the roast is. If I pack a light bowl and a tight bowl and both run at 220c the tight bowl will be darker every time. The vapour is also noticeably hotter

If I detect a bit of airflow restriction and it’s not too significant to justify a repack, I’ll often drop down a preset (10c) which will counteract the increased heat levels the tighter pack will cause

Last edited:

eyevape

👀
@eyevape how the fuck?! I can’t lie that’s pretty impressive, you’re pushing that guy to the absolute limits! I’d agree that it’s more likely over packing causing excessive heat build up than it is a faulty device. But hey, at least we know it’s possible and the S3 is really that powerful.
How the fuck, that’s exactly what I thought 😄 Today I had one nug, one ground bowl native and one through water, different weed, all starting at 200C, everything normal so far. I checked the other weed again, it’s paper dry really. So I don’t blame the device, although I’m impressed by the power it delivers.

Speaking of power, I’m quite lazy with cleaning and found another use for the power in times of a weed drought. If you put the empty dirty stem in and put on 220c session mode, you can vape the reclaim in the stem and get fairly medicated in a pinch ;) I was getting some pretty decent clouds too, was surprising. It won’t vape it clean obviously so you’ll still need to clean it eventually
How’s the taste? This sounds like something I’d definitely try when out of weed, hash and keef - in this order. Probably your cooling stem is the better option as it has a bigger surface area than my straight and bent stems. But in times of need, the devil eats shit 😄

PrematureEvaporation

You still get weed droughts? Feels like it's a constant deluge these days 😂

people just do nothing GIF by KuruptFM

“If you’re listening we need draw. Any draw will do. Weed, hash, shit holiday draw”

People just do nothing for those who don’t get the reference. Very funny show!

PrematureEvaporation,
  • Haha
Reactions: simba
Top Bottom