Arizer Solo 3

I charge when I see it in the 30s and rarely ever charge to 100 (usually just mid 90s). It seems really quick like 1.5 to 2 hours max. I use the charger/cable it came with.
This is a good strategy, concerning Li-Ion. 80-90% max charging will maximize battery life.

I see the 21700s are readily available, though, and someone will soon post up procedures on swapping out the pack.

That said... when I finally throw down the cash for one of these, I'll figure out some kind of charge mgmt strategy, and not let it charge to 100% every time.

PrematureEvaporation

Is there anything specific you want to see in a solo 3 stem?
Black stealth look so I can post my stem online and not have people telling me to clean it ;) no but jokes aside it makes the S3 look less suspect in public

Similar length to stock stem, with some sort of cooling system

A fixed non metal screen with airflow as close to a mesh screen as possible

Standard size bowl

That would be an insta buy for me!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Black stealth look so I can post my stem online and not have people telling me to clean it ;) no but jokes aside it makes the S3 look less suspect in public

Similar length to stock stem, with some sort of cooling system

A fixed non metal screen with airflow as close to a mesh screen as possible

Standard size bowl

That would be an insta buy for me!

Last time I talked about doing a fixed screen most people objected to that idea, though I like the minimalism of them myself.
They make the parts a lot more expensive/complicated to produce though,
With the S3 Ive found the fixed screen harder to clean than on previous models though.

I was considering just doing a basic mesh screened, direct draw stem and WPA combo package.
Or maybe something with a more advanced cooling stem. Been using my S3 here and there so it would be fun to do something for it.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Last time I talked about doing a fixed screen most people objected to that idea, though I like the minimalism of them myself.
They make the parts a lot more expensive/complicated to produce though,
With the S3 Ive found the fixed screen harder to clean than on previous models though.

I was considering just doing a basic mesh screened, direct draw stem and WPA combo package.
Or maybe something with a more advanced cooling stem. Been using my S3 here and there so it would be fun to do something for it.
I'm not married to the idea of a fixed screen stem either but a zirconia WPA with a a moveable basket screen or some ledges for fixed screens would be awesome. Great flavor and almost indestructible.

I'd also be down for a zirconia stem with a u-bend. A zirconia j-hook if you will with any kind of extra cooling designed into it that you see fit.

Is that dab on cotton? did it vape well? I've got some badder I got from a hemp company I'd like to try in my solo
Rosin is so delicious. The flavor and terps are intense and the S3 brings them out nicely. There was a giant pea-sized dab on some vaping cotton in my picture.
Oh yeah 😍 I must admit that I never got my hands on rosin. Trading cannabis products is still illegal in Germany, so I have to take what black market gives. What’s it like?

In order to be able to appreciate the taste of the hash I was given lately, I tried vape wool instead of flower. Worked out great, just as my latest keef experiments 👍

Kief, hash, rosin... the S3 can handle it all and the taste is so good. That glass conduction is the key.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5 +
90 mm +/- length with a ledge for holding a mess screen on the bowl end, and a ledge for a screen on the mouth piece end securing the user supplied cooling balls/pearls in the space between both screens. To keep cost low, a user supplied 510 drip tip would secure the mp end screen. Alternatively a separate tapered Zirc mouth piece with O rings would up the cost but would be aesthetically pleasing and able to use the same screen size as the bowl.

Have been using the above stem set up for five or so months in a Ti and SS configuration with success. It covers all the bases when it comes to durability, cooling, air flow and easy disassembly / assembly for a thorough cleaning. A Zirc stem would be a welcome upgrade and addition to everyone's collection. User provided screens, cooling pearls and 510 drip tips are inexpensive and easily sourced. Of course a complete stem assembly could be offered if preferred.

Bowl size: regular or XL? There will be strong opinions from both camps. Splitting the difference between sizes should satisfy most users.

Well aware of the time and resources needed to bring this project to fruition. Keeping it simple and offering the most customer customization option available as possible might be a successful path to tread.

Good luck my friend.

eyevape

👀
What I like about the original stem is that it’s one piece. I’d love to have it made from zirconia with one or more additional holes in the screen for better airflow. Cooling dimples that allow it to be shorter would also be cool. Standard bowl size.

Just thinking out loud here: What if the bowl had an additional zirconia screen at the bottom to keep stuff from falling into the oven? It could be held in place with bayonet lock or thread, making it appear to be one piece with the stem. This would probably take an additional tool to operate while hot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom