Arizer Solo 3

Rodney

Hi,

My Arizer Solo 3 finally arrived today and I have a few questions:

1. It smells very much like plastic.. I've been running the chamber at maximum power for 30 minutes.. but the smell is still there.. Should I heat it longer?

2. The plastic cap...can you put it on after use? I'm worried because it's plastic

3. There are a few sieves... where is the best place to put them? in a chamber or on a stick?
thx

1. this will go away after a few use
2. I had this exact same worry but am told the cap is heat resistant, possibly some sort of silicon compound.
3. put a screen in first so that the little holes do not get blocked.

ALSO if you want to completely avoid combustion use it upside down and do not overpack it and leave a tiny space between the weed and heater.

I am using mine right now while posting this :)

PrematureEvaporation

1. this will go away after a few use
2. I had this exact same worry but am told the cap is heat resistant, possibly some sort of silicon compound.
3. put a screen in first so that the little holes do not get blocked.

ALSO if you want to completely avoid combustion use it upside down and do not overpack it and leave a tiny space between the weed and heater.

I am using mine right now while posting this :)
Totally agree with all this. Do not worry about the smell. If you’re worried about safety there’s tear downs online which will show there’s nothing to worry about off gassing in the air or vapour path.

If you don’t want to use the screens you can tear off chunks of buds which works great to keep the airflow open and chamber clear

RAMMSTEIN

Thanks

I knew about the smell beforehand. I researched it before I bought it and read a lot and watched videos on YouTube.

I didn't expect it to smell so strong... But it's not that bad... I just keep heating it up to 220 degrees... The smell is still there a bit, but when I'm home this evening... Test it for the first session and it will be ok.

Yes, I find the plastic cap strange.

I think Arizer's engineers did it right and shouldn't be a problem... But as a noob you think, why is there plastic

While charging and heating earlier, I suddenly had an error code 2...

after restarting it went away again

PrematureEvaporation

pop22

I just got an email from Arizer support telling me they finally shipped whatever they are returning to me. And I get to wait another 7 or more days for it to arrive because they are shipping it USPS ground... So agree with me or not, I am very unhappy with Arizer. Here is my reply to them:

I want you to know that I am NOT at all happy with Arizer! My admittedly three years old solo2 the power button failed on it. I then bought a Solo 2 Max that was absolute junk right out of the box. The electronics failed, the vape was overheating, After I truned it off, it wouldn't power up again, it just kept flashing nonsense on the screen. I returned it to the vendor and got this solo3. Well that was another dud! AND a couple of months ago, I bought ANOTHER Argo, as my first one, the buttons failed and I can't turn it on. Well.... NOW the new Argo the battery door has failed and won't stay shut. And YOU have the nerve to pretend your doing me a favor by not charging me shipping???? And then to top it off, you cheap out and ship it ground?? The vendor would have sent me a replacement and shipped it Priority Mail at NO charge! In fact, I've never had a vendor or a vaporizer manufacturer ever charge me shipping! And to have THREE of your vaporizers FAIL that were ALL less than a couple of months old, has completely ruined my faith in your products!

RAMMSTEIN

Yeah I noticed that at 96 it gets really slow on mine as well. It will charge to100....just very slowly.
Actually.. now I also have 100%.. I think it stayed at 96% for almost 2 hours until it was 100%

What I still find strange is that I have a label on the back with type: Solo 2... I find it strange

PrematureEvaporation

I just got an email from Arizer support telling me they finally shipped whatever they are returning to me. And I get to wait another 7 or more days for it to arrive because they are shipping it USPS ground... So agree with me or not, I am very unhappy with Arizer. Here is my reply to them:

I want you to know that I am NOT at all happy with Arizer! My admittedly three years old solo2 the power button failed on it. I then bought a Solo 2 Max that was absolute junk right out of the box. The electronics failed, the vape was overheating, After I truned it off, it wouldn't power up again, it just kept flashing nonsense on the screen. I returned it to the vendor and got this solo3. Well that was another dud! AND a couple of months ago, I bought ANOTHER Argo, as my first one, the buttons failed and I can't turn it on. Well.... NOW the new Argo the battery door has failed and won't stay shut. And YOU have the nerve to pretend your doing me a favor by not charging me shipping???? And then to top it off, you cheap out and ship it ground?? The vendor would have sent me a replacement and shipped it Priority Mail at NO charge! In fact, I've never had a vendor or a vaporizer manufacturer ever charge me shipping! And to have THREE of your vaporizers FAIL that were ALL less than a couple of months old, has completely ruined my faith in your products!
I’d have probably written it less aggressively considering it’s probably some low level employee with little to do with their decision makers that has to read and respond to you. I always try to bare that in mind when I’m speaking to any CS and my frustrations begin to bubble over.

I get your frustration though. I’d be frustrated if I had that many duds from one company. That is an absolutely crazy run of bad luck. I’d say it was more than bad luck if it wasn’t for the fact so many people have had their devices last a decade or over and my experience has been of a rock solid device. Your sort of failure figures would result in a Venty sort of situation if it was representative of the wider device failure rate, but it’s not.

The ground shipping is fair enough though, it’s free shipping. Some companies don’t even give you that luxury.

With all that being said I really hope the S3 you receive works as well as mine. You’ll really enjoy this vape when you get a working one and all your frustrations will wash away. It really is a top drawer device and I’ve tried a lot of the big name portables

General Disaster

A Total disMember
@pop22
For what it's worth, when it comes to getting results rather than simply venting, a polite message tends to gain much better results.
This has zero relationship to how pissed off you may be, or how badly they've mucked something up. As @PrematureEvaporation says, the chances are the person who reads it will have had nothing to do with any failings. Being nice and going for a sympathy vote will often get people on your side more than a discourteous rant, however justified it may be.
Stressing disappointment rather than anger is far more engaging and less demeaning to others.

eyevape

👀
Thank y’all for your input regarding on demand mode. You guys really made me curious about it, so I tried it out and I must say that I liked it. A lot in fact, which made it hard for me to keep up posting in this conversation. As a non-native speaker writing posts take me some time anyway, but the condition the S3 has put me in yesterday didn’t make this easier by any means 😄

I played around from preset 3 (super smooth) to 5 (fuck my face). The draw time feels like kind of a challenge to me, which is fun. After the heat up there’s enough heat remaining to get a few more hits, until they get too weak.

I was able to clear a bowl natively with one heat up at preset 5. But man.. that has hurt! Great effect of course, but next time I might do a low temp hit before, to take away some terps. Or I hit it while heating up, this should work as well.

Thinking about it I still don’t really need the on demand mode. But it’s a ton of fun to play around with and I’ll definitely keep doing that. That’s a real nice addition to the session mode, making the S3 even more versatile. I have it for almost a week now, and it doesn’t stop to amaze me as it just not gets boring. Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship ♥️

PrematureEvaporation

@eyevape

Sounds like you’re having plenty of fun! How did you pack it to clear it in one hit? What settings?

The least I’ve managed is 3 rounds at level 5 25sec. I think there’s extra convection in this mode as the AVB comes out slightly lighter than session mode by the time it stops giving vapour

PrematureEvaporation,

eyevape

👀
Sounds like you’re having plenty of fun! How did you pack it to clear it in one hit? What settings?
Oh yes, a lotta fun goin on 😊 It was one heat up, not one hit though.

I had a medium coarse grind packed very lightly, standard bowl, bent stem, 220C, 20 sec draw time. I had a huuuge hit that killed me and a few smaller ones to clear the bowl. I probably could have done this with two more big rips, but I wasn’t able anymore. Like I said, it has hurt. Terps are the defensive weapons of plants, that’s literally what I was thinking while inhaling this mf. I wouldn’t have gone for such a big hit naturally, but I didn’t want to give up against this fuckin beep 😂

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

Oh yes, a lotta fun goin on 😊 It was one heat up, not one hit though.

I had a medium coarse grind packed very lightly, standard bowl, bent stem, 220C, 20 sec draw time. I had a huuuge hit that killed me and a few smaller ones to clear the bowl. I probably could have done this with two more big rips, but I wasn’t able anymore. Like I said, it has hurt. Terps are the defensive weapons of plants, that’s literally what I was thinking while inhaling this mf. I wouldn’t have gone for such a big hit naturally, but I didn’t want to give up against this beep 😂
Oh I see now! Yeah I’m not sure it’s possible to clear the bowl Anvil style in one big rip. Or more precisely, I’ve yet to manage it. There’s always more vapour available if I go for another heatup. I think with a little more power from the heater it would be possible though, it does feel close.

Your settings and pack are very similar to mine, I’m about the same but I go 25sec. I like the challenge of inhaling from the ready beep until the cooldown beep ;) Although much like you it’s usually death by terps for me and I only manage it for the first heat round. Second and third rounds swiftly become medium puffs to finish off because that’s all I’ve got left to give :lol:

Petetbay

I am waiting on my solo 3 and ordered the beads stem from Sneaky Pete, looks like a damn nice cooling stem! Anyone tried it?
I picked up one, while I now usually pick up XL bowled stems/wpa, Sneaky Pete’s regular glass screened bowl beaded stem is cheap and cools pretty good for how small it is 90mm stem mp adds 10mm. The glass mp is nice with a wide opening and stays in good, though it doesn’t fit any other stems Arizer or aftermarket, weird size. It’s only $25 in Canada so not expensive and does the job required pretty good plus it helped that I had a $25 coupon.

Last edited:

chillAtGVC

1. I have a poor sense of smell so I will defer to others.

2. Yes. It is heat resistant rubber.

3. You put the screen (sieve) either at the very tip of the stem (stick) to keep the herb from falling out or at the bottom to prevent the small holes in the glass from getting plugged. I use them at the bottom when I use them.

RAMMSTEIN

Hey,

I went home and immediately tested the Solo 3.
And I am very satisfied. I have the first session with a stem and the second session with a bong.
Crazy... The thing is built for a bong, after the bong I was completely through...
I found the vapor very pleasant and pulling through a bong is also more pleasant than with Dynavap.

I was worried that the high wouldn't be as good as Dynavap... It's really not my imagination, but I feel the high is a little higher than with Dynavap... But it could also be due to my form on the day... I say so the two are on the same level...

After 2 x sessions I was completely through and very satisfied.
I'm really glad that I now have a replacement and don't always take the Dynavap... But I didn't feel like using Crafty+ at all and only used the Dynavap.
Now I have two great devices that complement each other well.

I still have one question.
I had crumbs in the heating chamber, so something falls down. How can I best solve this so that nothing falls?
Yes, I pressed it firmly, but not too hard, and it wobbled, but I still had something in the heating chamber.

Maybe another sieve?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You can use a sieve (screen in English) to prevent anything from falling out. Or use it in bong or with a J-hook -- gravity prevents it from falling out.
All good options. You can also cut your flower into little nuggets or chunks. They will stay in place better than ground flower and the experience is different in my opinion. Different flavors may come through.

PrematureEvaporation

I’m almost 100% on the hand broken nugs now. The airflow is better, the flavour is better, and the oven stays clean. Personally I wouldn’t bother with a grind natively without a mesh screened stem, it’s just hassle. Pushing it in enough to avoid bits falling out will choke the airflow otherwise.

WPA is a different story, with the S3 upside down there’s no worries at all

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
didn't expect it to smell so strong... But it's not that bad... I just keep heating it up to 220 degrees... The smell is still there a bit, but when I'm home this evening... Test it for the first session and it will be ok

Yeah I ran mine for at least a couple full charges at max temp sessions to burn off as I do normally for a vape like this, I am more sensitive to those smells and tastes, but it does neutralize well especially with more use... Occasionally I will smell something off though during the heat up, seems to burn off again pretty quick though, and I am much more careful now about not letting anything fall, using it upside down with WPA only, much better dry with a hook anyway imo

Yeah I noticed that at 96 it gets really slow on mine as well. It will charge to100....just very slowly.
Actually.. now I also have 100%.. I think it stayed at 96% for almost 2 hours until it was 100%

Yes this is designed to protect the battery, it will slow to trickle charge, because ideally you do not charge to 100% every time, only the first charge up from new (I'll actually let it charge extra for the first time, and then do the second or third as well up to 100 before trying to not let it get to 100 in the future) also ideally not discharging it all the way down till it dies, recharging around 20% etc (although it died on me maybe once in the beginning I don't know maybe that could be good these are practices I've adopted from other vapes in the past and such electronics but it might not honestly apply anymore with today's batteries)

The draw time feels like kind of a challenge to me, which is fun.

Haha yeah that's why I keep it at 10 seconds and use the full heat up and hit timer, nearly timing out before I will start hitting

@eyevape

I can clear in one hit using my settings, with the smaller bowl, easier at middle setting but I can do it on the second setting, I don't use the upper settings at all... This is through water, but it also depends on the bud itself of course

The least I’ve managed is 3 rounds at level 5 25sec. I think there’s extra convection in this mode as the AVB comes out slightly lighter than session mode by the time it stops giving vapour

Yes I'm demand seems to have more power for the quicker heat up and can yield more convection to keep up with draw as a result, especially if you aren't using that I have attempt setting, you can completely scorch the load quickly and easily this way lol

There’s always more vapour available

Yes that was the problem I had when I first tried it, using the stock stem, not realizing the stock settings were 25 seconds and it was set to the middle temp, totally choked myself out in a bad way trying to puff on it as it just kept going and ended up scorched dark lol I don't like to take it that far, I would much rather slow sip low temps, or do a one-hitter through water, the hybrid heating here is just really thorough and harsh otherwise for me

eyevape

👀
2. Yes. It is heat resistant rubber.
Well, not 100%. It’s heat resistant enough to be put into the oven right after use. But it’s not meant to touch the stem when heated extensively.

The other day I found some black smear on one of my stems that I couldn’t assign. Later i found those marks at the cap, realizing it got melted a tiny bit. It’s no concern at all as it’s fractions of fractions of a millimeter. This have to happen an awful lot before it turns into a problem.

Btw I was asking myself if this thing can be replaced, but couldn’t find no spare part. Anybody lost it due to breaking or ripping out of the unit?

vink

I picked up one, while I now usually pick up XL bowled stems/wpa, Sneaky Pete’s regular glass screened bowl beaded stem is cheap and cools pretty good for how small it is 90mm stem mp adds 10mm. The glass mp is nice with a wide opening and stays in good, though it doesn’t fit any other stems Arizer or aftermarket, weird size. It’s only $25 in Canada so not expensive and does the job required pretty good plus it helped that I had a $25 coupon.

From what I read the mp is suppose to fit any arizer stem. Read about someone transferring everything to his xl stems. Suppose to have my solo 3 today, I’ll check it out…

Top Bottom