Arizer Solo 3

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I successfully had a session at 180. It is not the OG Solo. You can take back-to-back hits. I remember waiting quite a while between hits on an og Solo.

Faster heat-up and back-to-back hits!

Nice work Arizer.

Thanks for the help @Shit Snacks, @chillAtGVC ,& @vpr85

Yep! It is the same classic, but beefed up for sure, glad you are getting the hang of it :tup:

PrematureEvaporation

I think I’m finally starting to get it with the on demand mode. Still not really getting any higher than I do with session mode but it’s a fun novelty and a way to get the bowl done a little quicker.

I’m using a looser pack now than I do with session mode, and there’s definitely a little bit more convection than normal when doing level 5 with a maxed draw timer. Not much but it’s there.

It gives me a little more of an initial head rush, and what I feel is a slightly different initial flavour profile.

I feel perhaps a next gen heater in a few years time or whatever could have access to more power just for on demand mode, which would make it a bit more distinct from session mode - that mode already has more than enough power IMO. I think I’ll agree with everyone else who have said this on demand is more of a mini session.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5 +
FWIW Own three Arizer units and have never had any problems with them. Had a small glitch with the Solo 3 and contacted customer service, not knowing how they would respond. Let me just say that there are companies with good customer service (CS), exceptional CS, and then there are rare companies with extraordinary CS. Arizer falls into the later category.

When they walked me through different trouble shooting scenarios to remedy the problem, they assured me through each step that the unit was under warranty. I worked with several individuals during the process due to weekends and holidays, each was equally kind, understanding and assuring as the others. In the end the minor problem couldn't be resolved and they replaced the unit and apologized for the inconvenience. Mind blown!

Arizer is known for their quality built construction, customer first client service and now with the Solo 3 a top performing portable vape. Fingers crossed that a new, revised, more powerful Argo is in development. :tup:

oldoak

Greetings to all! I have been the proud owner of this device for more than a week, and when I first used it, I got so much smoke and such a buzz comparable to the buzz from a powerful bong. Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to the degree of grinding and the density of the stem ramming. That was the end of my joy: all subsequent times are not even close to comparable with the quality of the smoke obtained during the first session. What I didn't do: first, I read almost the entire branch of this form associated with this device, also studied all the topics on reddit, changed the degree of grinding, the density of the tamper, even changed the stems, tried all possible modes: the result is one – low steam performance and, as a result, a very weak effect. Perhaps someone has faced a similar problem, so I really count on your help, guys! Thank you all in advance and I really hope for your support!
P.S. I apologize for my English: I write through a translator.

oldoak,
  • Wow
Reactions: Rodney

Piecho

FWIW Own three Arizer units and have never had any problems with them. Had a small glitch with the Solo 3 and contacted customer service, not knowing how they would respond. Let me just say that there are companies with good customer service (CS), exceptional CS, and then there are rare companies with extraordinary CS. Arizer falls into the later category.

When they walked me through different trouble shooting scenarios to remedy the problem, they assured me through each step that the unit was under warranty. I worked with several individuals during the process due to weekends and holidays, each was equally kind, understanding and assuring as the others. In the end the minor problem couldn't be resolved and they replaced the unit and apologized for the inconvenience. Mind blown!

Arizer is known for their quality built construction, customer first client service and now with the Solo 3 a top performing portable vape. Fingers crossed that a new, revised, more powerful Argo is in development. :tup:
Do you have any news about the new model? I'm waiting myself for air max 2, but no news so far.

Piecho,

endof3d

Do you have any news about the new model? I'm waiting myself for air max 2, but no news so far.
No definitive news on any new products in the development phase other than a few whispers here and there. Arizer has been successfully involved in the vape community for well over a decade. I would be surprised if they didn't have a clear road map and their resources targeted at new/upgraded product release.

The Solo 3 was a substantial upgrade to the previous Solo series. Larger exterior built, new powerful heater, revised electronics and interface, the switch from 18650's to larger 21700 batteries, +++. All built with the same solid and rugged and reliable construction Arizer is noted for. Likely a undertaking that took several years to bring to fruition.

IMO the release of the Solo 3 surprised and pleased current Arizer owners and attracted a whole new user group looking for a more robust portable experience. Hopefully, their next released portable will follow that same path.
solo2-3.png

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The Solo3 has become my favorite way to consume hash and rosin.

I ordered 6g worth of some excellent flower rosin and yesterday I vaped a couple bowls that were sublime.

I take a tiny amount of vaping cotton and use it to pinch/wipe a nice sized dab of rosin off my hot knife. I then roll it into a little rosin-soaked ball and toss that into a glass WPA. Connect this to a my favorite dry glass pipe at 403F and it's tasty and effortless clouds. 🤤

Delicious!

biohacker

vaping cotton

What's this? I've tried regular cotton and hemp fiber.... but never heard of vaping cotton?

Also do you not find that some of the dab runs down the stem? How big are they? Do you keep the cotton ball somewhat "loose"?

It's been a minute since i've used an herb vape with dabs..... especially pure convection dabs, those were something else.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
What's this? I've tried regular cotton and hemp fiber.... but never heard of vaping cotton?
See the link below. I guess they just make sure the cotton isn't treated with anything that could prove unhealthy at vaping temps.
Edit: I also find this cotton doesn't confer any unwanted taste at all to your session.
https://vapevine.ca/buy/cotton-bacon-organic-cotton-canada/
Also do you not find that some of the dab runs down the stem? How big are they? Do you keep the cotton ball somewhat "loose"?
The cotton seems to do a great job of containing the dab. I'm not really always careful about balling it up. It sticks to the cotton like crazy. Once the vapor stops everything is really dry and the cotton ball is easy to remove.

Doesn't seem any messier than a flower bowl. Using the WPA and having the Solo inverted with a dry pipe keeps any possible mess in the glass and away from clogging up the Solo.
It's been a minute since i've used an herb vape with dabs..... especially pure convection dabs, those were something else.
The hybrid heat of the Solo at around 403F works wonders. Big effortless clouds.

Last edited:

Moody

Combustion will only occur if you:

1. Don't use a screen and the pack falls apart and gets in the oven. This happened to me once early on with that vape. I never use it without a screen now. Even when I'm using a bong I use a screen. It's so easy to use and then I don't have to worry if I flip it or do whatever.

2. Pack herb right up to the edge of the stem. Regardless if you use a screen or not, if you are packing the stem to the edge of the glass basically, well yeah, it's gonna burn since it's basically sitting on the heater.

Combustion won't happen any other way. Just use a screen and don't filler' up to the edge.

The S3 is a powerful vape that works really well at all temps. If you haven't tried stepping from like 335F....you should. The herb taste comes through amazingly well even at lower temps. Makes for a really nice high.

Enjoy

Rodney

Combustion will only occur if you:

1. Don't use a screen and the pack falls apart and gets in the oven. This happened to me once early on with that vape. I never use it without a screen now. Even when I'm using a bong I use a screen. It's so easy to use and then I don't have to worry if I flip it or do whatever.

2. Pack herb right up to the edge of the stem. Regardless if you use a screen or not, if you are packing the stem to the edge of the glass basically, well yeah, it's gonna burn since it's basically sitting on the heater.

Combustion won't happen any other way. Just use a screen and don't filler' up to the edge.

The S3 is a powerful vape that works really well at all temps. If you haven't tried stepping from like 335F....you should. The herb taste comes through amazingly well even at lower temps. Makes for a really nice high.

Enjoy

I am so glad you posted this, thnx so much :)

I just put order in and it will be here Friday.

endof3d

do you guys use dosing caps with this? if so what type?
Both the Healthy Rips Fury Edge and Davinci IQ SS dosing capsules fit nicely in side the XL bowl. If you have dry flower or vaping other medicinal herbs they work as expected. Usually just use a mess screen at the top of the load to keep bits out of the oven. Don't think you'll be disappointed with this unit. Enjoy! :tup:

PrematureEvaporation

I wonder if glass dosing caps would be feasible and perform in a worthwhile way?

I feel like it would probably be more of a glass cup as I’m not sure how you’d make a reliable lid attachment system. The screen of the stem would act as a lid, and the bottom of the cup would have a sort of dot (probably 4 spread out to stop it wobbling) in the middle to elevate it off the bottom of the oven and keep the airflow unimpeded. To be fair I’d use it more as a concentrate cup than an out and out dosing cap, but you could use the silicone caps the stems use to cap it for pocket carry?

While traditional metal dosing caps do somewhat negate the advantages of glass stems as @Shit Snacks mentions, they’re handy for lining with vaping wool and vaping hash through. Helps to stop it from going into the oven and fucking it up. That’s the only real negative with this stem system, the concentrate experience can be a bit lacking unless you WPA it and keep the solo upside down.

As usual it’s all about weighing up the pros and cons for your specific tastes and use case, IMO

Last edited:

biohacker

Gotta' say ... had this vape for quite a while, and it's become one of my daily drivers. Actually has me switched back primarily to flower vs concentrates right now.

Hey bro been a minute! Are you still digging the Solo 3 over dabs? I tried to get back into flower since I have access to the best now but couldn't get on with the Venty and thinking with the new on-demand mode perhaps it's time to give this one a test drive with some glass.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I just found out that it works so much better and better airflow when you put a screen in the stem so that the little holes don't get all clogged up.

Just need to be careful when emptying it.
Good to know. I bypassed the glass-screened stems altogether and tried some of SneakyPete's hi-flow WPAs (they have hi-flow stems too). These guys use a metal screen but it's balanced on dimpled glass so it pretty wide open. link

PrematureEvaporation

Just a heads up for UK solo 3 users - was chatting to Matt at rec vapes and he’s getting in some solo 3 cooling stems soon. Should be options for both a fixed glass screen and also a mesh hi-flow version.

Worth keeping an eye on! I’ll be picking some up when they arrive. I know I won’t get any extra airflow than I’m already getting as the oven is the real bottleneck, BUT it’ll make it a lot less picky compared to how non mesh screens choke up if you use the wrong grind and packing style.

Will report back at some point when I’ve got them and given them a good testing :)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I know I won’t get any extra airflow than I’m already getting as the oven is the real bottleneck, BUT it’ll make it a lot less picky compared to how non mesh screens choke up if you use the wrong grind and packing style.
Maybe it's all in my head but when I tried an A/B test with the glass-screened and hi-flow stems, I felt the hi-flow stems had a more open draw. The difference was minor but noticeable nonetheless.

Your second point it spot on though. The glass-screened stems are prone to getting clogged easily. If even one hole gets blocked you lose 20-25% airflow depending on whether it's an XL or regular stem. The likelihood of this happening is fairly high so yeah... the hi-flow stems are well worth the investment.

Top Bottom