Arizer Solo 3

Cannabiker

Is it true the XL stems don't extract as evenly as the regular stems because the contents protrude from the oven? That's mentioned as a negative in Troy's review. I would like to be able to use 0.35g, and I'm not sure how well that will work. I can cram it into my Mighty no problem, though splitting it into two bowls gives nicer results.
It is not true. I'm getting a dark, even roast on session mode at 395. Troy mentioned in his review that he's using on-demand most of the time, which pumps up the convection heat. I'd imagine that tends to scorch the top more--I don't know for sure, as I've used session mode almost exclusively. I also don't agree that the XL bowl doesn't fit in the oven. The glass screen slips well below the top of the device; it looks to me like the bowl is an exact fit for the oven. And I find that the XL bowl's extra hole reduces restriction, even with the extra material--you just have to avoid packing too tight. I just weighed a loose pack, and it's exactly .35.

It can even fully extract a bit of bubble hash in the mix. I load it toward the top, with some weed between the hash and the oven to keep hash oil from staining the oven. I usually give it a minute or two of heat soak for the best results. I find that most devices have trouble extracting the hash without scorching the herb. The Solo III does it perfectly.

The on-demand feature is a neat trick, and I'm sure it has helped market the device. However, I think the Arizer design works so well because it's a hybrid, and session mode makes full use of the oven heat to amp up the convection.

I think Troy needs a little more time with session mode.

Last edited:

NiceInvasion

It is not true. I'm getting a dark, even roast on session mode at 395. Troy mentioned in his review that he's using on-demand most of the time, which pumps up the convection heat. I'd imagine that tends to scorch the top more--I don't know for sure, as I've used session mode almost exclusively. I also don't agree that the XL bowl doesn't fit in the oven. The glass screen slips well below the top of the device; it looks to me like the bowl is an exact fit for the oven. And I find that the XL bowl's extra hole reduces restriction, even with the extra material--you just have to avoid packing too tight. I just weighed a loose pack, and it's exactly .35.

It can even fully extract a bit of bubble hash in the mix. I load it toward the top, with some weed between the hash and the oven to keep hash oil from staining the oven. I usually give it a minute or two of heat soak for the best results. I find that most devices have trouble extracting the hash without scorching the herb. The Solo III does it perfectly.

The on-demand feature is a neat trick, and I'm sure it has helped market the device. However, I think the Arizer design works so well because it's a hybrid, and session mode makes full use of the oven heat to amp up the convection.

I think Troy needs a little more time with session mode.

Thanks, I got the impression the issue was maybe a little exaggerated since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. You don't need to do any emptying and stirring for those results? That is always a bother for me because I tend to vape in short sessions outdoors at night, so stirring, refilling bowls, etc. is a real hassle. The Mighty is pretty well known for just working regardless of what you do, and it will evenly extract any amount I can cram into the bowl. Just thinking of trying something different since mine is getting a bit clapped out. And the S&B session timer is absolutely infuriating. My only prior experience with Arizer is an ArGo, which is obviously not in the same class as the Solo III. Otherwise I might consider a TM2 or Venty.

chillAtGVC

Is it true the XL stems don't extract as evenly as the regular stems because the contents protrude from the oven? That's mentioned as a negative in Troy's review. I would like to be able to use 0.35g, and I'm not sure how well that will work. I can cram it into my Mighty no problem, though splitting it into two bowls gives nicer results.
0.35g is probably pushing it. It would fit, but you will get a lot of draw restriction. Personally, I would not like that. 0.25g is good for low draw restriction, 0.3g will probably be OK. The oven is about the same size as a Venty if that helps. As @bulllee pointed out, keep the herb about 2mm from the tip for a very even extraction.

Petetbay

Sneaky Pete has come out with hi-flo wpa and stems in both regular and XL bowls.

NiceInvasion

Sneaky Pete has come out with hi-flo wpa and stems in both regular and XL bowls.

Well, that was good timing!

Old Stoner1958

420EDC has HIFLO WPA's in 14mm and 18mm along with several stems. In the US.

McSheamus

When is Europe gonna catch up? I broke my XL WPA rather quick ofcourse...
On the other side of the pond there are alot more accessories.

Anybody spotted an XL WPA in Europe?

LaCentraleVapeur.com

Retailer
When is Europe gonna catch up? I broke my XL WPA rather quick ofcourse...
On the other side of the pond there are alot more accessories.

Anybody spotted an XL WPA in Europe?

We heard you! :)

Woolf

Woolf,
Reactions: McSheamus

McSheamus

McSheamus,

Ipe17

Without any glass filter? Just the spikes so a screen can sit there? We don't have em for now anyway.
Why do you prefer them, less restricted airflow?
It would be great if lacentrale would have some eds tnt stems for the solo as they have for the TM2.
anyhow, my favourite vape shop in Europe by far... got my Solo 3 from them nad it is waiting for me at home for when I come back from a trip...really want to come back home to try it with hash

RedZep

Is it just the integrated glass screens that cause this vape to have restricted airflow?

I'm not sure why anyone would ever use a glass screen on anything, including injection bowls. Each to their own I guess.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Is it just the integrated glass screens that cause this vape to have restricted airflow?
For taste and or allergies.:tup:
The dominant factor in creating restriction isn't the glass screen or the Solo itself but the conditions of how you pack the stem.

I always draw through the stem after I've loaded it but before I place it in the Solo to test the restriction. If it feels open before placing it in the Solo, you're good.

chillAtGVC

What @TigoleBitties said. Expanding on that: If you put your lips around the oven hole (not on a hot vape!) the airflow is very similar to a Venty. There are only five holes in the screen and if the weed is pushed against some / all of the holes the restriction gets proportionally greater. Some people have removed (ground out / broken out) the glass screen and replaced it with a metal screen,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I have lots of old stems of various sizes , they all hit about the same. Some better than others. My favorite for airflow is a dimpled cooling stem, it was a misfit glass second. It sits loose, but doesn't rattle around. the air flow is perfect imo ;) . My guess is that it's just loose enough on the S3 to increase that airflow. The difference in draw between the two is very noticeable .
And here’s a 7 inch, 3rd party stem. It’s very smooth and it fits loose 🤔. Thick, tasty vapor 👍🏻🔥.

popitup

which dosing capsules are u using?
The xmax v3 pro capsules work with the Arizer stems.

The capsules will stick out a little, except on the XLs, but even so, you can pull out the stem slightly, and flip the vapes between hits (or use it upside-down) or use it with more conduction on a lower temperature.

Old Stoner1958

I really like the HiFlo 110mm stem from 420EDC. I use a screen and the airflow is very good. Really huge hits with that stem. I also got an Ed's Blackwood stem but all I taste is wood. I find it hits really good also and looks so nice....but tastes so bad to me. How you load the stem is also a big factor in airflow restriction.

Top Bottom