Arizer Solo 3

Ray11

I wasn't around for the introduction of the TM2 so I'll believe you on that, but my point still stands that if the device you're vaping from tastes and smells like dangerous chemicals/material you should probably ditch it. They're your lungs, though, and I am morbidly curious how it turns out so if you're fine being the experiment I'll be watching your progress with great interest! :nod:
No, your point does not stand. It is baseless.

I'm not sure if you went over any of the comments above to understand some context as you're spewing out a lot of misleading remarks.

The model I'm using smells a bit odd during heat up on an empty chamber with cold start before dissipating quickly (could be due to condensed vapor that's evaporating from prior usage or nature of the base breaking in being a new device like one of the user mentioned that makes the most sense), but that does not equate that it's made of dangerous chemicals or materials. Such a strange comparison you made there that makes no sense. The smell is not noticeable at all during regular use. More like a terp bomb at that point.

Arizer also disclosed it numerous times that these devices are made up of safe materials and obviously they are reliable being a veteran in the game having a solid track record with multiple devices, great customer service and whatnot. They have been doing this way longer than TinyMight FYI.

People are still going strong now aren't they after this many years having used their devices? Or is that not a good enough experiment for you? Sadly it seems like you are projecting your insecurities here. You are putting out a false narrative out there regarding this device being dangerous and it may mislead people here so I suggest you to stop making up stuff that you have no idea about in all honesty.

TM2 has it's fair share of fishy/gluey smell incidents, etc. alongside it being a device that can be super harsh to your lungs and health so it's still all foreign substances you are inhaling in your body at the end of the day so maybe should worry about yourself before anything regarding what you're putting in your body.

Be your own experiment and stop trying to be a wannabe scientist for others. With all due respect! :)

Last edited:

chillAtGVC

I got mine two days ago. I must say that I am impressed with the build quality, especially considering the price (compared to say the Venty). The vapor quality is great. I have a Venty too so I will fire up both tonight and see how they taste side by side, glass vs PEEK.

Shorner

Just had a few bowls with the solo3, I have tried on demand on level 5.
First bowl was a major disappointment I used the straw method with the small bowl and tamped it down, very tight draw and wispy vapor, avb light - I packed far too tight.

2nd bowl same again small bowl but I put the material in by hand with just a very light tamp with pinky,,, set to level 5 25 sec draw again - slow draw to start until I feel the vapor coming then I ramp it up, boom ! Massive cloud of robust vapor, effects are strong.
Had another in session mode on 220c and nice tasty clouds but not as thick as on demand but it's early days so need to have a play but I think on demand is where it at for me, it rips.....God only knows what the XL stem will be like😂

I'm not a fan of the unlocking code on switch on, it would be nice to be able to disable that but im sure I will get used to it.

First impressions of this thing are very good.

Last edited:

Ray11

Alrighty so added a 3mm back spacer that I just received at the end of my XL stem (bless the 5 holes for better airflow and double the space for more herb so it's my go to now) and feels like the puffs are more fuller and broader in Session mode with better vapor production... I'm using WPA with bubbler btw.

I think it's contributing to more conduction now perhaps so would need less temps for hits it seems as heating capabilities increased? Definitely recommend trying out if possible. And you don't risk any herb falling into the chamber!

Also copped some V3 Pro / Roffu dosing caps that I've yet to try out which seems to fit the XL stem leaving some space for back spacers (more hybrid heating!) and turns out slightly bigger in the regular solo stem (no need for back spacers but still can throw one in I guess?) Will try to add some pics later. Cheers!

Last edited:

Durbandream

No, your point does not stand. It is baseless.
:lol:
I'm not sure if you went over any of the comments above to understand some context as you're spewing out a lot of misleading remarks.

The model I'm using smells a bit odd during heat up on an empty chamber with cold start before dissipating quickly (could be due to condensed vapor that's evaporating from prior usage or nature of the base breaking in being a new device like one of the user mentioned that makes the most sense), but that does not equate that it's made of dangerous chemicals or materials. Such a strange comparison you made there that makes no sense. The smell is not noticeable at all during regular use. More like a terp bomb at that point.

Arizer also disclosed it numerous times that these devices are made up of safe materials and obviously they are reliable being a veteran in the game having a solid track record with multiple devices, great customer service and whatnot. They have been doing this way longer than TinyMight FYI.

People are still going strong now aren't they after this many years having used their devices? Or is that not a good enough experiment for you? Sadly it seems like you are projecting your insecurities here. You are putting out a false narrative out there regarding this device being dangerous and it may mislead people here so I suggest you to stop making up stuff that you have no idea about in all honesty.

TM2 has it's fair share of fishy/gluey smell incidents, etc. alongside it being a device that can be super harsh to your lungs and health so it's still all foreign substances you are inhaling in your body at the end of the day so maybe should worry about yourself before anything regarding what you're putting in your body.

Be your own experiment and stop trying to be a wannabe scientist for others. With all due respect! :)
Like I said, I'll be keeping an eye on how it works out for you! All the best! :lol:

Postlark

I have been preheating the unit without the stem inserted, for 2-3 minutes before loading it, seems to help with the weird smell issue. Have been in touch with Arizer and can confirm they seem like they take customer service seriously. Still unsure what is going, sometimes it is more noticeable than others, cold starts are when it is stronger, but it seems that by preheating one can mostly avoid it, and I am super sensitive, so I imagine this will not be an issue to most people.

One big difference that is not much talked about is the moistness of the vapor. For example in the Crafty, vapor can be fluffy and cool in the tongue but it always has this drying quality to it. If it makes me cough it is because the dryness irritates my throat, and this can happen early on in the session, around second or third pull, it does not feel like I am coughing from thc or terpenes. I never feel any moist steam during any stage of the session.

On the solo, first 2-3 hits it feels like breathing in a steam sauna, whether flower is dank and more moist, or crumbly dry. You get in a few hits of terps + steam. This is very pleasant. Where does the water vapor go in the Crafty? It is strange that the experience could be so difference, it's not like I am leaving the flower to cook and dry out in the bowl of the Crafty..

So when a hit is overwhelming on the solo and hits the throat, it is either because it is an early hit that was too big, and the terps and moisture are strong, or very late in the session when the flower is truly dry and I take too big a hit too late into the session and it irritates the throat.

It is the first vaporizer that also gives me this feeling of moisture in the throat.

Postlark

So what did they say?
They reached out asking if I was still having problems with the smell, after the communication I shared here before explaining the safety of materials. Still waiting on what the course of action is, but they are very attentive. They also wrote an extensive explanation about my other questions regarding packing the stem, etc...

Cannabiker

gvb making stems for this now, seen he posted one. Cool because I cleaned my xl wpa for the first time and it stained brown.
It sure looks pretty when it's clean:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes he just got a solo for the first time so he could make proper stems for it finally! Look forward to trying them...

Where does the water vapor go in the Crafty? It is strange that the experience could be so difference

I think of easy answer would be the cooling unit? You have a pretty direct path with the solo stems and of course all glass FTW too

Cool because I cleaned my xl wpa for the first time and it stained brown

It is stained brown after you cleaned it?? What did you do lol

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
91% soak then hot water rinse, strange lol maybe I might have left it soaking too long left them overnight but the other vape stems I soaked came out normal.

Soaking too long wouldn't do that, unless the alcohol was extremely filthy, it should be soaked and rinse easily, but if you let it get extremely dirty they can become heavily stained over time (at least with the fierce and it's stems that is true for my roommate's use of it) try boiling water and abrasion

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Ray11

Howdy folks hope it's going well. Think I discovered a few quirks or bugs in my unit.
Could you please try to see if you can replicate the issues. A bit wordy but please bear through for background info.

Here they are as follows:

1) Session mode: No Temperature Sound alerts are heard when option no. 2 for Temperature sound alerts was set from the Notifications menu

From the mode select screen go to the Session mode -> Hold the right button to go to the Session menu -> Go to Notifications (for assigning the different sound alerts) -> Select and save option no. 2 for Temperature (I'm assuming it's suppose to alert you whenever you're changing temperatures or when the set temp is selected and or reached) -> Go back to the Session mode -> Now try changing the temps by pressing up and down buttons and you won't hear any sound at all even if you press the middle button to set that temp, or wait for the selected temp to be reached.

This is unlike if you were to choose option no.1 for All sounds that enables the sound alerts for everything including changing temps as well as when the temp is set whether by pressing the middle button or leaving it as it is until set temp is reached - sounds will be heard throughout the process that should've also happened with the above option no. 2 for Temperature only, right?

Another observation is that even with option no.1 for All sounds enabled whenever you start/restart the Device then select the Session mode then wait for the default set temp to be reached - No sounds will be heard at all even with option no.1 All sounds selected. This is the reason why I mentioned earlier in parenthesis that I'm assuming the Notifications related to option no. 2 for Temperature sound alerts should alert you with beeps whenever you're changing temperature by clicking up/down, or when the set temp is reached by waiting a bit, or manually selecting it by pressing the middle button.

And the weird part is that even after selecting option no. 2 for Temperature, All sound alerts gets disabled as if option no. 3 for No sounds was selected. There is no difference between them audibly except for one indirect change taking place elsewhere that we will get to know later.

I was at least expecting sounds to be heard whenever the temps were changed by pressing up/down, or when the set temp is reached by waiting a bit or selecting manually by pressing the middle button. But to no avail any sound alerts were heard for option no. 2 for Temperature so the only way to hear Temperature based sounds or Any sounds in Session mode for that matter is to have option no.1 All sounds option enabled at all times...

2) On Demand mode: Temperature Sound alerts are heard when option no. 3 for No sound alerts was set from the Notifications menu

Pre-requisite
: Make sure your Session mode sound alerts was set for either option no. 1 or 2 from Notifications menu

From the mode select screen go to the On Demand mode -> Hold the right button to go to the On Demand menu -> Go to Notifications (for assigning the different sound alerts) -> Select and save option no. 3 for No sounds alerts (I'm assuming it's suppose to NOT alert you during the Beginning and End of the Draw time cycle along with turning OFF All sounds) -> Go back to the On Demand mode -> Press the Up button on any one of the 5 Heat levels to begin heating the device, and as soon as the Draw time starts/ends, Sound alerts or beeps can still be heard/ON even though option no. 3 for No sounds was selected.

Now there is a way to rectify this issue as mentioned in one of the earlier paragraphs about the weird part in Session mode that:
"After selecting option no. 2 for Temperature, All sounds get disabled as if option no. 3 for No sounds was selected. There is no difference between them audibly except for one indirect change taking place elsewhere that we will get to know later." - That change is that with the selection of option no. 3 for No sounds in Session mode, it's actually turning OFF the sound alerts during ONLY the Draw time cycle Start/End in the On Demand mode.

Funnily enough with the setup above if you now go back to the On Demand mode Notifications menu to Select and save option no. 1 for All sounds, every sound alert will work except for the sound alerts heard during the Draw time cycle Start and End because option no. 3 for No sounds was selected and saved in the Session Mode that indirectly affected the Draw time sound alerts in the On Demand mode.

So bizarre, right? LOL. But hey it works! Took me a little while to get it as I wanted no sound at all in the On Demand mode and was still hearing stuff even after selecting option no. 3 for No sounds so was left confused... I'm finally putting it out here now so that you folks could maybe see if it's a general issue, or just a silly batch that I was blessed with, haha!

Also dayum this piece of machinery is overpowered fr like I gotta put everything on low settings for volume, display and it still feels juiced up like insane 😅 Color display is night and day compared to the Mighty plus and the inversion stuff works magic like better than any smart phone auto rotate 😂 Anyway, thanks for reading and would love to know if you're able to reproduce these results or not. Best!

Last edited:
Ray11,
Reactions: endof3d

Greenleaf88

Howdy folks hope it's going well. Think I discovered a few quirks or bugs in my unit.
Could you please try to see if you can replicate the issues. A bit wordy but please bear through for background info.

Here they are as follows:

1) Session mode: No Temperature Sound alerts are heard when option no. 2 for Temperature sound alerts was set from the Notifications menu

From the mode select screen go to the Session mode -> Hold the right button to go to the Session menu -> Go to Notifications (for assigning the different sound alerts) -> Select and save option no. 2 for Temperature (I'm assuming it's suppose to alert you whenever you're changing temperatures or when the set temp is selected and or reached) -> Go back to the Session mode -> Now try changing the temps by pressing up and down buttons and you won't hear any sound at all even if you press the middle button to set that temp, or wait for the selected temp to be reached.

This is unlike if you were to choose option no.1 for All sounds that enables the sound alerts for everything including changing temps as well as when the temp is set whether by pressing the middle button or leaving it as it is until set temp is reached - sounds will be heard throughout the process that should've also happened with the above option no. 2 for Temperature only, right?

Another observation is that even with option no.1 for All sounds enabled whenever you start/restart the Device then select the Session mode then wait for the default set temp to be reached - No sounds will be heard at all even with option no.1 All sounds selected. This is the reason why I mentioned earlier in parenthesis that I'm assuming the Notifications related to option no. 2 for Temperature sound alerts should alert you with beeps whenever you're changing temperature by clicking up/down, or when the set temp is reached by waiting a bit, or manually selecting it by pressing the middle button.

And the weird part is that even after selecting option no. 2 for Temperature, All sound alerts gets disabled as if option no. 3 for No sounds was selected. There is no difference between them audibly except for one indirect change taking place elsewhere that we will get to know later.

I was at least expecting sounds to be heard whenever the temps were changed by pressing up/down, or when the set temp is reached by waiting a bit or selecting manually by pressing the middle button. But to no avail any sound alerts were heard for option no. 2 for Temperature so the only way to hear Temperature based sounds or Any sounds in Session mode for that matter is to have option no.1 All sounds option enabled at all times...

2) On Demand mode: Temperature Sound alerts are heard when option no. 3 for No sound alerts was set from the Notifications menu

Pre-requisite
: Make sure your Session mode sound alerts was set for either option no. 1 or 2 from Notifications menu

From the mode select screen go to the On Demand mode -> Hold the right button to go to the On Demand menu -> Go to Notifications (for assigning the different sound alerts) -> Select and save option no. 3 for No sounds alerts (I'm assuming it's suppose to NOT alert you during the Beginning and End of the Draw time cycle along with turning OFF All sounds) -> Go back to the On Demand mode -> Press the Up button on any one of the 5 Heat levels to begin heating the device, and as soon as the Draw time starts/ends, Sound alerts or beeps can still be heard/ON even though option no. 3 for No sounds was selected.

Now there is a way to rectify this issue as mentioned in one of the earlier paragraphs about the weird part in Session mode that:
"After selecting option no. 2 for Temperature, All sounds get disabled as if option no. 3 for No sounds was selected. There is no difference between them audibly except for one indirect change taking place elsewhere that we will get to know later." - That change is that with the selection of option no. 3 for No sounds in Session mode, it's actually turning OFF the sound alerts during ONLY the Draw time cycle Start/End in the On Demand mode.

Funnily enough with the setup above if you now go back to the On Demand mode Notifications menu to Select and save option no. 1 for All sounds, every sound alert will work except for the sound alerts heard during the Draw time cycle Start and End because option no. 3 for No sounds was selected and saved in the Session Mode that indirectly affected the Draw time sound alerts in the On Demand mode.

So bizarre, right? LOL. But hey it works! Took me a little while to get it as I wanted no sound at all in the On Demand mode and was still hearing stuff even after selecting option no. 3 for No sounds so was left confused... I'm finally putting it out here now so that you folks could maybe see if it's a general issue, or just a silly batch that I was blessed with, haha!

Also dayum this piece of machinery is overpowered fr like I gotta put everything on low settings for volume, display and it still feels juiced up like insane 😅 Color display is night and day compared to the Mighty plus and the inversion stuff works magic like better than any smart phone auto rotate 😂 Anyway, thanks for reading and would love to know if you're able to reproduce these results or not. Best!
Ur first problem mine as well doesn’t beep at temp when I have just that selected had to turn all my noises on for it to work

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: Ray11

collievape

Has anyone had their stem start getting fairly loose after using the solo 3 for awhile? My stems now rattle when I use it and it used to be really tight.

collievape,

Greenleaf88

Has anyone had their stem start getting fairly loose after using the solo 3 for awhile? My stems now rattle when I use it and it used to be really tight.
Mine does that as well a little rattle left and right but the stem is in there tight it ain’t going no where

Greenleaf88,

chillAtGVC

I don’t recall seeing this on the Arizer site, but the solo 3 seems reasonably water resistant. Was at a friends place last night and left all my gear sitting out there n his patio table when we went in for supper. I didn’t realize the lawn watering was going to come on so we ate as the solo got sprinkled and was sitting in a puddle of water. I wiped it off with paper towels, pressed the button and it fired up. Seems no worse for wear. Well done Arizer!

Top Bottom