Arizer Solo 3

Petetbay

The tip on the stem on the right ist hat the whip tip? I looked on the site and could not find it.
Yes a whip mp, it’s a strange find, bought 3 of them maybe 41/2 years ago at Tvape for $3 each, not sure of the maker and they were the last ones and aren’t listed anymore. It has one silicone oring to hold onto glass and has a wide opening much like Vgoodies glass mp for TM stems. I tried searching for them with no luck. I have a similar mp off a Focus Vape Pro, but it wider(doesn’t fit Arizer stems) with a narrower opening that causes to get hot.(used it on TM stem)

Last edited:
Petetbay,
Reactions: endof3d

Old Stoner1958

It’s strange find, bought 3 of them maybe 41/2 years ago at Tvape for $3 each, not sure of the maker and they were the last ones and aren’t listed anymore. It has one silicone oring to hold onto glass and has a wide opening much like Vgoodies glass mp for TM stems. I tried searching for them with no luck. I have a similar mp off a Focus Vape Pro, but it wider with a narrower opening that causes to get hot.

It's to bad they are not available.....they look good and i'm sure they work well.

Old Stoner1958,
  • Sad
Reactions: Petetbay

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Tried some live rosin wrapped in vaping cotton inside the XL glass WPA connected to my dimpled glass pipe. Started at 390F and got some tasty, wispy hits so I pumped up the heat to 402F and then the magic happened. Really amazing flavor. Big, cool, tasty hits.

I'm gonna try some dry sift maybe next and see how that goes but if this thing does concentrates really well, then it just makes it that much more versatile in my eyes. I had a feeling I wouldn't need to go much past 400F. I'm guessing it's the thick glass conductive effects and Arizer's understated heater/temperature readings.

kgb33

Man I love this this thing. I see the are sold out of the XL stems so I'm thinking of going with Ed's TnT instead.

Anyone have experience with them? They look amazing and I'm thinking they will work like a hot damn with the new powerful oven.

I'm really just debating ordering the 4 inch stem or the 2 in water adapter/stem

Postlark

Just got the solo 3 yesterday and my first impressions are not very positive. The reviews are correct in that it produces very thick and tasty vapor (it feels like a regulated Milaana - this is a huge compliment as it is the best tasting portable I have), it feels very sturdy and well built in the hand, the battery life is amazing, heat up time short. This is all true but some relevant problems are keeping it from shining,

First thing I noticed is a strong machining smell, like rubber or oil, that has not gone away at all. I have done about 5 burn offs, 3 iso cleans of the chamber and o'rings, and used the vape about 5 times, and the smell is still there with no sign of it going away. This can be tasted even while vaping material, not just during test puffing, it is faint, but definitely detectable. The PEEK material of the Crafty has always bothered me, but this bothers me much more than that. It is strange that there is no mention of this in any online comments.

I am also not enjoying the all glass vapor path that I believed would be a game changer for me as I am all about purity of materials used, and have a very discerning sense of taste to things that are off. Problems are the glass feels thin and cheap and sort of wiggles in a way that makes one conscious when drawing from it, and not relaxed, especially since the unit is so solid and has some heft to it, makes the glass contrast more. The vapor after some use comes out very unconditioned and hot, like sucking in hot air from a hair drier. I used to have the same critique of the Crafty, and in general vapes that use only or too much convection, but this is on another level, I believe the fact that the heater is so powerful does not help it. Going back to the Crafty it feels like a very conditioned vapor. However there is one strange difference, on the Crafty the vapor comes cool and misty, but tickles the back of the throat, while on the Solo 3 it feels more direct and raw, however there is no throat tickle...

I have bought a longer cooling dimpled stem and a sidecar bubbler for it but these should be an extra comfort measure, I need the device to be usable as is, with the more practical stock stem. But what I enjoy the least is when a crumb falls in the oven and completely burns your throat in one go. Happened to me yesterday and my throat is still hurting, I am still trying to determine if the hotness of the normal vapor also contributed to the sore throat or if it was just the combustion. If you pack it too tight then there is draw restriction, if too loose, crumbs fall in the oven. I ended up using a screen at the end to prevent the material from falling in the oven, but that just makes it impractical with one more thing to keep in mind and potentially lose. I would like the vape to be something I can carry outside for a short walk and not worry about losing small little bits, I like it when it is self contained in a way.

The fact that the menu is poorly designed is understated by the reviews, they really did not do a good job, small details like the fact that the brightness adjust does not affect the main menu where you pick session or on demand... not practical, not a deal breaker either, but would be nice to have a one button press to get to your mode, I mostly use session mode at the same temp every time and it seems silly that I can't get there through a single button press from the unit being turned off, it feels that they built a flexible interface but did not use it to the fullest.

I am still deciding if I should return it, the only others in consideration would be the Venty and the Bakx, however I fear the Venty might not work through dry sift concentrate (my main use) in a satisfactory way (not enough conduction), and the Bakx is impossible to get where I live. Because all in all, the Solo 3 is the only electronic portable unit I have tried that actually has enough power (plus the radiant conduction heat) to really successfully vaporize traditional dry sift in vape wool until it is completely spent. The flavor and evolution though the session feels a lot like the Vapman, again this is a compliment of the highest order, however there is always that "dirty air path" taste behind this.

I will do some more burn off and cleaning today, and will experiment with vaping at lower temperatures as I have been using 210c same as I use on the Crafty, seems like the Solo does not need such high temp to get the same roasting. Any tips are appreciated.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Tried some live rosin wrapped in vaping cotton inside the XL glass WPA connected to my dimpled glass pipe. Started at 390F and got some tasty, wispy hits so I pumped up the heat to 402F and then the magic happened. Really amazing flavor. Big, cool, tasty hits.

I'm gonna try some dry sift maybe next and see how that goes but if this thing does concentrates really well, then it just makes it that much more versatile in my eyes. I had a feeling I wouldn't need to go much past 400F. I'm guessing it's the thick glass conductive effects and Arizer's understated heater/temperature readings.
It does concentrates nicely in capsules :D. Small portions produce tasty rips. I've used shatter, sugar wax, and budder all with good results 🔥.

kimura

a strong machining smell, like rubber or oil, that has not gone away at all

oof, thank you for this feedback. I have a Solo 3 on the way, so I'm hoping you either are a super-smeller, or that you were unlucky enough to receive a flawed unit. thought for sure Arizer would have sorted the air/vapor path issues by now, after like 10+ years on the market and multiple waves of improvement

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Just got the solo 3 yesterday and my first impressions are not very positive. The reviews are correct in that it produces very thick and tasty vapor (it feels like a regulated Milaana - this is a huge compliment as it is the best tasting portable I have), it feels very sturdy and well built in the hand, the battery life is amazing, heat up time short. This is all true but some relevant problems are keeping it from shining,

First thing I noticed is a strong machining smell, like rubber or oil, that has not gone away at all. I have done about 5 burn offs, 3 iso cleans of the chamber and o'rings, and used the vape about 5 times, and the smell is still there with no sign of it going away. This can be tasted even while vaping material, not just during test puffing, it is faint, but definitely detectable. The PEEK material of the Crafty has always bothered me, but this bothers me much more than that. It is strange that there is no mention of this in any online comments.
I noticed a bit of machining and/or rubber smell but it went away quickly. The silicone cap that protects the oven seems to also have some smell but it's not in the airpath. You could try removing it temporarily and see if it helps.
I am also not enjoying the all glass vapor path that I believed would be a game changer for me as I am all about purity of materials used, and have a very discerning sense of taste to things that are off. Problems are the glass feels thin and cheap and sort of wiggles in a way that makes one conscious when drawing from it, and not relaxed, especially since the unit is so solid and has some heft to it, makes the glass contrast more.
My stock stems seem very thick and not thin at all. In fact, they're very difficult to insert if the oven isn't hot and there's no wiggle at all. Maybe your o-rings/gasket are loose or not seated properly and also contribute to a smell?
The vapor after some use comes out very unconditioned and hot, like sucking in hot air from a hair drier. I used to have the same critique of the Crafty, and in general vapes that use only or too much convection, but this is on another level, I believe the fact that the heater is so powerful does not help it. Going back to the Crafty it feels like a very conditioned vapor. However there is one strange difference, on the Crafty the vapor comes cool and misty, but tickles the back of the throat, while on the Solo 3 it feels more direct and raw, however there is no throat tickle...

I have bought a longer cooling dimpled stem and a sidecar bubbler for it but these should be an extra comfort measure, I need the device to be usable as is, with the more practical stock stem.
210c is way too high for comfortable vaping of flower with the stock stems imo. I've enjoyed sessions as low as 170c. I would start there and work your way up.
But what I enjoy the least is when a crumb falls in the oven and completely burns your throat in one go. Happened to me yesterday and my throat is still hurting, I am still trying to determine if the hotness of the normal vapor also contributed to the sore throat or if it was just the combustion. If you pack it too tight then there is draw restriction, if too loose, crumbs fall in the oven. I ended up using a screen at the end to prevent the material from falling in the oven, but that just makes it impractical with one more thing to keep in mind and potentially lose. I would like the vape to be something I can carry outside for a short walk and not worry about losing small little bits, I like it when it is self contained in a way.
If your flower is dry, it will likely fall into the oven. I never need to use screens to keep my flower out of the oven. Once you load your stem, try holding it upside down and wiggle it a bit. If flower falls out, it's not moist enough and/or it needs a bit more tamping. Try inhaling through it to make sure it's not overtamped though. Leave at least 1-2mm of space between the lip of the bowl and your flower.

Use gravity to your advantage. I always load my stem holding the S3 upside down and if you take your first hit this way (gerbil style, lol) then once the weed gets a bit of heat, it will get sticky and stay in place and you can worry less about any crumbs falling (hasn't happened to me yet). If you're using the stock stems where the Solo is upright, you won't have any flower falling into the oven using this advice.

I tend to use Ed's wood stem as a WPA with a dry j-hook so my S3 is upside down all the time and no flower can possibly fall upwards.
The fact that the menu is poorly designed is understated by the reviews, they really did not do a good job, small details like the fact that the brightness adjust does not affect the main menu where you pick session or on demand... not practical, not a deal breaker either, but would be nice to have a one button press to get to your mode, I mostly use session mode at the same temp every time and it seems silly that I can't get there through a single button press from the unit being turned off, it feels that they built a flexible interface but did not use it to the fullest.

I am still deciding if I should return it, the only others in consideration would be the Venty and the Bakx, however I fear the Venty might not work through dry sift concentrate (my main use) in a satisfactory way (not enough conduction), and the Bakx is impossible to get where I live. Because all in all, the Solo 3 is the only electronic portable unit I have tried that actually has enough power (plus the radiant conduction heat) to really successfully vaporize traditional dry sift in vape wool until it is completely spent. The flavor and evolution though the session feels a lot like the Vapman, again this is a compliment of the highest order, however there is always that "dirty air path" taste behind this.

I will do some more burn off and cleaning today, and will experiment with vaping at lower temperatures as I have been using 210c same as I use on the Crafty, seems like the Solo does not need such high temp to get the same roasting. Any tips are appreciated.
Turn your temps way down unless you're trying concentrates. I hope some of this helps. The S3 really has been a great unit for me.

Last edited:

Postlark

oof, thank you for this feedback. I have a Solo 3 on the way, so I'm hoping you either are a super-smeller, or that you were unlucky enough to receive a flawed unit. thought for sure Arizer would have sorted the air/vapor path issues by now, after like 10+ years on the market and multiple waves of improvement

I am the Super saiyan version of the super smeller.... so take what I say with a grain of salt as you may not experience the same. Just to update, the weird smell seems to have died down a bit and I hope it fully disappears over the coming days. What I did was rub down the inside with a cotton ball dampened in salt water, and then in regular water, then burn off. I will have the chance to test it out a bit more in depth tonight so we will see. All I can say is that if that goes away and I can get used to the mechanics of having thin breakable glass near my mouth, then I will be a happy owner. It basically has the same performance at 180c in terms of how spent the material is at the end as the Crafty on max temperature. You get a more neutral flavor profile, which is similar to my more simple vapes such as Milaana or Vapman, however the Crafty seems to maintain the terpy flavor for longer. It seems the Solo 3 is very powerful and extracts everything at a much quicker pace than others. I haven't tried the XL stems yet though, it feels they might be a more appropriate match to its power. In terms of effects I would say the very small bowl on the normal stems probably hits about as much as a full Crafty load which with my packing is about double the Solo stem. More testing required (for science).....

Last edited:

Postlark

I noticed a bit of machining and/or rubber smell but it went away quickly. The silicone cap that protects the oven seems to also have some smell but it's not in the airpath. You could try removing it temporarily and see if it helps.

My stock stems seem very thick and not thin at all. In fact, they're very difficult to insert if the oven isn't hot and there's no wiggle at all. Maybe your o-rings/gasket are loose or not seated properly and also contribute to a smell?

210c is way too high for comfortable vaping of flower with the stock stems imo. I've enjoyed sessions as low as 170c. I would start there and work your way up.

If your flower is dry, it will likely fall into the oven. I never need to use screens to keep my flower out of the oven. Once you load your stem, try holding it upside down and wiggle it a bit. If flower falls out, it's not moist enough and/or it needs a bit more tamping. Try inhaling through it to make sure it's not overtamped though. Leave at least 1-2mm of space between the lip of the bowl and your flower.

Use gravity to your advantage. I always load my stem holding the S3 upside down and if you take your first hit this way (gerbil style, lol) then once the weed gets a bit of heat, it will get sticky and stay in place and you can worry less about any crumbs falling (hasn't happened to me yet). If you're using the stock stems where the Solo is upright, you won't have any flower falling into the oven using this advice.

I tend to use Ed's wood stem as a WPA with a dry j-hook so my S3 is upside down all the time and no flower can possibly fall upwards.

Turn your temps way down unless you're trying concentrates. I hope some of this helps. The S3 really has been a great unit for me.
Thank you for your advice. I commented above a bit about the smell issue and how it's improving. What I mean by the glass feeling fragile and wobbly I don't think has anything to do with the gaskets as they are tight like you describe. It is just the proportion of the weight of the unit to the thickness of the glass that touches the mouth that seems a bit off, I would feel safer in managing the unit with a slightly thicker glass mouthpiece.

I agree 210 is way too high, this thing is a beast and I can get vapor at 180c comparable to the Crafty at 210c... I've been dialing down on it for sure.

I like your tips for the falling crumbs, I was also considering something of the sort, instead of gerbil style just letting it heat soak upside down might be enough. I am always careful to insert it only upside down but heating up the material should make it glue together as you say.

I can get incredible flavor and huge clouds even at 320. I rarely go above 370....there is no need to.
Lower your temp for maximum flavor. Coarse grind....or even not ground works best for me. Mine has no smell after 2 burn offs.
Just set a preset for 160c (320f) so I don't forget to test this out, will be very impressed if this gives nice vapor!

collievape

Man I love this this thing. I see the are sold out of the XL stems so I'm thinking of going with Ed's TnT instead.

Anyone have experience with them? They look amazing and I'm thinking they will work like a hot damn with the new powerful oven.

I'm really just debating ordering the 4 inch stem or the 2 in water adapter/stem
I got one of the Ed's tnt stems (I don't remember which wood -it is not the black wood) about 2 weeks ago - I liked the wooden stem until it fell apart after 2 uses. The metal piece pulled off inside the solo 3 and tore up the little o-rings. I pulled the metal end out with some needle nose pliers, replaced the o-rings, tried again - and the same thing happened. Maybe just a fluke and I got a bad one -but it is enough of a pain to pull out the metal end that I just haven't used it again. The reviews on POTV mention this a lot (although it is not where I bought mine from)

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I got one about 2 weeks ago - I liked the wooden stem until it fell apart after 2 uses. The metal piece pulled off inside the solo 3 and tore up the little o-rings. I pulled the metal end out with some needle nose pliers, replaced the o-rings, tried again - and the same thing happened. Maybe just a fluke and I got a bad one -but it is enough of a pain to pull out the metal end that I just haven't used it again. The reviews on POTV mention this a lot (although it is not where I bought mine from)
Ah, that's too bad. Must be a dud. I'd send them a mail and see if they can help. My blackwood stem has been working very nicely. With the notches in the bowl and the standard metal screen the airflow has been really great. It's my go-to stem right now.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: collievape

McSheamus

Hey all, i have searched but have not found an answer...
Is there a way to know the battery percentage? Or to use % instead of a number of blocks?

For example i have now 1 block left, is it 25% or 10% or...

Thanks!

Edit: i plugged the charger in, and it was at 49% and immediately jumped to 50%.

So 1 block left, wich is imo almost empty, is 50% left...

McSheamus,

vpr85

Is there a way to know the battery percentage? Or to use % instead of a number of blocks?

Thanks!

Edit: i plugged the charger in, and it was at 49% and immediately jumped to 50%.

I recently asked Arizer the same thing and this is what they told me:

"Due to the high power of the Solo III, the battery power can be drained more or less depending on the mode and temperature settings used. The battery icon is meant to give you a frame of reference with 5 stages represented - 4 bars plus an empty battery icon. Each stage including the empty battery icon represents approximately 20% charge with a slight variance towards the lower end (+/- 7% per stage). So when there is one bar showing, this represents two stages, or approximately 40% battery life remaining."

For me, when mine drops to the "empty battery icon" it still gives me a couple runs on session mode

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Thanks!

Yeah I mentioned it would be nicer if there was a percentage display in use and not just while charging, I noticed the same thing about having 1 bar left being around 50% of batter life or less, which does make sense if no bars left counts as another 20% since I forgot to include that psychologically :nod:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I recently asked Arizer the same thing and this is what they told me:

"Due to the high power of the Solo III, the battery power can be drained more or less depending on the mode and temperature settings used. The battery icon is meant to give you a frame of reference with 5 stages represented - 4 bars plus an empty battery icon. Each stage including the empty battery icon represents approximately 20% charge with a slight variance towards the lower end (+/- 7% per stage). So when there is one bar showing, this represents two stages, or approximately 40% battery life remaining."

For me, when mine drops to the "empty battery icon" it still gives me a couple runs on session mode
Thanks for the good info. 👍

Yeah I mentioned it would be nicer if there was a percentage display in use and not just while charging, I noticed the same thing about having 1 bar left being around 50% of batter life or less, which does make sense if no bars left counts as another 20% since I forgot to include that psychologically :nod:
Yeah looking for a percentage was one of the first things I tried too. Also, using no bars left to count as the last 20% is really not very intuitive. Why not just have 5 bars? It's not like the top right of the display is crowded.

Top Bottom