Arizer Solo 3

vpr85

1 As i say i don't like the spicy flavor i got last night
2 I don't like sucking on the tube i found the diameter very large, feels like a garden host on my mouth
3 I found that the air resistant is much more then my End Game 2con wish is also glass tube and the smoke and taste is much better than the S3 so far
1. The spicy flavor is probably the terps of your weed. If you don't like it, you don't like the taste of the weed you have. Try other strains. This is one of the ways the arizer solo line up excels -- it delivers really nice pure flavors. Sometimes certain strains don't taste good though.

2. interesting... garden hose diameter is usually about 30mm irrc, Solo glass is about 10mm diameter -- much smaller than a garden hose. Anyways, I quite like the size of the glass tubes compared to other vapes, for example tm2 mouthpiece diameter is about 16mm and I don't love how big that is. I suppose comfort of any mouthpiece is going to be a personal preference. If you prefer a smaller mouthpiece, Arizer offers "Tipped" tubes that have a small plastic mouthpiece tip -- you might consider giving those a try

3. resistance from devices can vary quite a bit. there are people who like the Arizer resistance, and others who prefer a more open airflow. The resistance in the Solo3 i think is part of what makes it work so well, but again I repeat -- pack more loosely for a more open airflow. Try putting an empty tube into the solo3 and inhale -- you'll see it's quite open airflow. Then, adjust your loading technique to make sure you're not causing too much restriction.

PS. are you using session mode or on demand? what temperature(s) have you tried using? I'm still learning my solo3 but it's proving to be an extremely versatile devioce for me, I'm loving on demand mode low temp for wake and bakes, I'm loving on demand mode high temp for massive bong rips when I want to go to the moon, and I'm loving session mode for sitting around with friends or watching a movie with my wife

Pukka

Question to the brain trust:

Are TinyMight stems useable in an Air/Solo?

Pukka,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5
Haven’t had much time to experiment with the S3, as the in-laws arrived the same day it did. Been using temps somewhere between (350F-360F) and have noticed that the effects are considerably stronger than expected.

The only other portable battery vape that I’ve used that produces strong effects on low temps is the TM. Question: Am I still in the honey mood phase and imagining all this or are their others owners with the same experience? :hmm:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Haven’t had much time to experiment with the S3, as the in-laws arrived the same day it did. Been using temps somewhere between (350F-360F) and have noticed that the effects are considerably stronger than expected.

The only other portable battery vape that I’ve used that produces strong effects on low temps is the TM. Question: Am I still in the honey mood phase and imagining all this or are their others owners with the same experience? :hmm:
Don't own a TM2 but the Solo 3 is definitely the most powerful portable I've ever used. It's been competing with my desktops. This guy is my current low-temp champ to which I give a lot of credit to the heater that's kept up with all my demands so far. Impressed.

Moody

Same experience with low temps...anyone reading this please keep in mind you will want to heat soak a bit at the lower temps. I tried 335F on a tasty strain I had and it was amazing. Give it another 30 secs at least after the 3 is up to temp before you pull. You will get more vapor than you probably expect at 335 if you let it heat soak a bit. I remember waking up the next morning and my tongue had so much taste left in it that it seemed like I was chewing and sucking on herb all night. Lmao. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yep, I use low temps like that, and lower, in other vapes as well, you just need to have the power and purity to appreciate them :tup:

techtoker

Hey All,

I think the Solo 3 has become my favorite session vape. I've been using it lately with a Cocobolo stem from Ed's TnT and then using a 14mm glass reducer in a 18mm dimpled glass pipe. Ed's stem with a screen makes it even more open than the 5 hole XL stem and that's already great.

The vapor is so cool and tasty. I'm always amazed at how the taste lasts right to the very end. The ABV is consistently fluffy and a nice, even, brown sugar color.

I don't know if it gets any better than this for session mode so I'll move on to more testing in on-demand mode. Super happy with my purchase so far.
I think we have the same dry j-hook, cheers!

Now I'm tempted to try an Ed's. I actually got the 420edc "pirl pill bottle", but for some reason I haven't been a fan. I feel like I'm getting less flavor from it than my other stems.

techtoker,

Petetbay

Anyone tried hash in this thing yet?
Just did for the 1st time in S3. Used Tinymight cap lined top/bottom with hemp fiber in the XL wpa, old school Nepalese started @ 360*F in session and extracted good and fast needed to up to 400 to finish bowl off. I used the Roffu/V3Pro caps earlier as they hold more the Arizer caps, but the Tinymight caps are even larger and tighter in the stem bowl. The standard stem bowl is flush with Arizer caps the others are all too tall, but work good in the XL bowl. The Tinymight caps are nice and big, the Arizer caps I found too small though they work good with the standard bowl.

edit: started another hash cap @ 335*F step to 356 then 392 to finish. 335 very tasty vapor not big clouds, 356 does better clouds. Reminds me a lot like the TM2, seems easier though. I had a few new varieties of good fresh herb and been running a lot of bowls trying lots of on demand options forgetting all about hash/caps thing as caps has been a new thing with Arizers that I haven’t really explored. Used to do lot of caps, but digits are failing so herb caps too tedious and hash caps make it worth it. Roffu funnel works perfect on the Tm caps which are also magnetic.

Last edited:

Carlosvape

Well guys that was not a good idea to try the S3 with the gravity bong, the idea was a great dream kind of a balloon with volcano but unfortunately the gravity Bong has not enough power to suck smoke from S3. it would be great but didn't work

Carlosvape,
Reactions: Andjoe

Shit Snacks

Figures because you really need wide open air flow to use pieces that are designed for smoking with a vape effectively, this ain't it

Justpassedu

Been so content with the on-demand mode that I decided to try session mode last night to cap off the evening. This vape is a hit. I really enjoy how it heats around the bowl and provides nice big clouds at low temps. Also somewhat brings out the flavor nicely the first few hits not to say the other vapes they have don't. I only wish it was a bit smaller and more portable but that's the sacrifice for great battery life. I am sure Arizer will make something soon based off this with replaceable batteries. I have not even gone through a full battery yet and I been using it every night since I got it for at least a few on-demand hits.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Well guys that was not a good idea to try the S3 with the gravity bong, the idea was a great dream kind of a balloon with volcano but unfortunately the gravity Bong has not enough power to suck smoke from S3. it would be great but didn't work
I think if you get the seals right, you could get a gravity bong setup working with the Solo3 but it would help to have a hi-flow stem with a stainless steel screen for even more open airflow (search this thread).

In the meantime, here's a link to a successful gravity bong setup using another one of my fav vaporizers (desktop tho).

vpr85

I think if you get the seals right, you could get a gravity bong setup working with the Solo3 but it would help to have a hi-flow stem with a stainless steel screen for even more open airflow (search this thread).

In the meantime, here's a link to a successful gravity bong setup using another one of my fav vaporizers (desktop tho).

I used to have a Studenglass and it worked well with my Solo2, I see no reason why it wouldn't work with S3. Wish I still had it to try now :huh:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Season 1 King GIF by The Spanish Princess

Hear ye, hear ye! I annoint thee, Solo 3, King of all low temperature session Lands!

But for realz... I am digging the tasty sessions from the setup above. Ed's african blackwood stem, with a mesh screen and cutouts for better airflow. Big (0.2g?) stainless bowl that soaks up heat so you can turn the temp down real low. Right into a nice glass pipe. Fuck yes. And the AVB always comes out super even and caramel brown.

It's been so tasty that I've been shirking my duty to fully scope out the on-demand stuff. First world problems. 🤷‍♂️

Carlosvape

Absolutely have vapes that can provide purer flavors in my experience, much simpler designs with less materials, mystery etc. However when I am using good bud, Solo3 still impresses, it is the bad bud that is just noticeably worse here unfortunately lol
Hello I notice you also have the Angus Enhanced could you please tell me how you compare to the Arizer S3>>friend is offering me the Angus and will be here tomorrow or after tomorrow

Carlosvape,

Shit Snacks

Hello I notice you also have the Angus Enhanced could you please tell me how you compare to the Arizer S3>>friend is offering me the Angus and will be here tomorrow or after tomorrow

Sorry I do not have the enhanced, I had the original which I sold because I did not like it at all really... Off topic to discuss them here in the Solo3 thread, but I think they are quite different, almost completely unalike in fact

TheScamericann

The angus enhanced is an absolute steal at that price point. In terms of build quality and vapour production the solo 3 is the most premium dry herb vaping experience ive ever had. It's the full package in one very well thought out device. It works extremely well no matter how you intend on using it. It's super simple to use aswell you could pass it to anyone and you wouldnt need to tell them to draw on it a certain way for the best results, it pumps out clouds no matter how you're hitting it.

Personally i dont like full convection devices, so as good as the angus enhanced might be i've had enough experience with convection devices to know that the solo 3 is much better for me. All down to personal preference i suppose.

Top Bottom