Arizer Solo 3

Greenleaf88

I took the plunge and I purchased the solo3 coming in two days.

I regret when I started my vaping journey years ago I bought a DaVinci iq which was fine and got me to switch but it was hetween that and a solo 2. Sadly close to a decade later I know full well that wasn’t the right decision for my use

So I’m really excited about this vape a lot of ppl loving more than the venty, this time I chose the solo over others haha. Reading this thread really hyped me up..

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
My first ever vape was the OG solo back circa 2012 so getting this version is my vaping journey coming full circle. It's easily the best portable I own now and it's the only portable I've ever used while at home where my desktops are available. That says a lot for me.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5
Heard very few people say they regretted buying the Solo 3 or the price they payed. What I have heard repeatedly is how truly versatile and powerful this unit is.

Performs perfectly at low temps, high temps and everything in between. The Solo 3 can Purrrrrrr softly like a KITTY or Roarrrrr loud like a LION. One month in and still lov'n it. Arizer nailed it! :tup:
kitten-and-lion.jpg

Cannabiker

I thought I was about done with portable electronic vapes. With the Tempest and Anvil I can get desktop power away from home, and I still love my DVs. Meanwhile, I never really bonded with my Mighty, and I like my Argo, but it has shortcomings. Given the QC problems with the TM and Venty, I didn't have VAS for the latest generation of electronic devices. But with the Solo III getting great reviews, I gave in.

I'm glad I did. In session mode, this is like the Argo unleashed. With better airflow and gobs more power than the Argo, the Solo III is everything I wished that little vape could be. As others have noted, I hope this leads to an Argo upgrade, with a bigger battery and more power--if it's possible in a small form. So far I haven't found much advantage in the on demand mode, but I just got it yesterday, so I have much to learn.

The only problem I've encountered is the fit of the WPAs. While the standard aroma tubes are a nice, snug fit, the WPAs are scary tight. They require more force than I like to apply to glass for installation. Even hot they're difficult, and it's nearly impossible cold. Has anyone else encountered this? Does it break in, and, if so, does that lead to the other tubes feeling too loose?

Thanks, as always, for all the advice and inspiration.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The only problem I've encountered is the fit of the WPAs. While the standard aroma tubes are a nice, snug fit, the WPAs are scary tight. They require more force than I like to apply to glass for installation. Even hot they're difficult, and it's nearly impossible cold. Has anyone else encountered this? Does it break in, and, if so, does that lead to the other tubes feeling too loose?
For me, if the S3 is warm then it's a snug fit but nothing crazy. I trust things will get better after some more use. 🤞 I never felt like I would break anything. I also don't notice any of the other stems fitting too loosely. They seem to have done a good job with the fit tolerance. Better a bit tight than too loose imo.

However, now that my go-to stem is one of Ed's wooden high flow stems, I worry less about applying pressure to insert it.

Pukka

Excluding the Argo, all Arizer portables stem/oven interfaces are tight when new (insert inappropiate comment here 🙃). Every one I've used has loosened up over time. Since the stems themself aren't exactly identical some will be tighter than others. Especially non-Arizer tubes.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

As I mentioned previously, my regular WPA is extremely tight and must be twisted in, easier when warm, has not loosened up really at all... My XL WPA has always gone in and out smooth even when cold. There is always some variance with any glass...

Given the QC problems with the TM

Off topic, but I don't think there are any now

Cannabiker

Off topic, but I don't think there are any now
Oops--sorry about that. It wasn't necessary for me to impugn the names of those fine products. I have better, less libelous reasons that I prefer the Solo III, unrelated to my shaken consumer confidence.

As I mentioned previously, my regular WPA is extremely tight
Thanks for the refresher; I think I've read about all 20 pages here in anticipation, but I guess I didn't retain it all. I appreciate the affirmation; it will ease my mind as I work on breaking it in.

Cacahuates

My solo 3 came in session mode is impressive hits hard. On demand even harder lovely.

Airflow is surprisingly a lot lol wasn’t expecting that haha love it I’m really high loving the big bowl.
I think you made a great choice. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

I've been loving it OD on lvl 1 through water lately.

The solo 3 is still favored over my other vapes to the point when I'm not using it I wish I was and I later hit it to compare to whatever I was using. It's pushing everything else out of the rotation. May have to free up some space in the collection.

Is there a donation section in this forum? I would like to keep it within Canada though. 🇨🇦

R1ng0

My solo 3 came in session mode is impressive hits hard. On demand even harder lovely.

Airflow is surprisingly a lot lol wasn’t expecting that haha love it I’m really high loving the big bowl.
I'm using my solo III with Cherry Runtz on session mode adjusted to to 158 168 and 182 c with a Easy Flow Water Tool Mouthpiece for Arizer Air/Solo from vapefiend and I've been Offa my face all weekend thus far very good. Completely changes the experience.

kimura

I have been getting over a cold recently which led to a discovery. I figured out a while ago that unground nugs are easier on the throat and lungs. Seems fairly obvious that there would be fewer plant particles in the vapor stream if you just stuff a nug in the chamber without grinding. So for the sake of my recovering throat, that’s what I’ve been doing for the past week or so.

I think the Solo 3 might be the best device for vaping whole nugs that I’ve ever tried. I’m mostly using the xl wpa, with the glass screen intact (!). Just stuff a nug in there, maybe break it apart a bit by hand so the air doesn’t have an easy path around it, set to 373*F, let it heat soak for 30 seconds or so, go to town.

Clouds aren’t quite as thick as a convection device with ground herb, but the effects are great. Flavor is excellent for the first few draws. Nugs come out totally drained, even with fairly dense OG kush type strains.

Game changer. Might not be quite as efficient but I don’t really care about that much these days. It’s easier on the throat and lungs, and way easier to use while out of the house. Wasn’t expecting this. Very happy

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have been getting over a cold recently which led to a discovery. I figured out a while ago that unground nugs are easier on the throat and lungs. Seems fairly obvious that there would be fewer plant particles in the vapor stream if you just stuff a nug in the chamber without grinding. So for the sake of my recovering throat, that’s what I’ve been doing for the past week or so.

I think the Solo 3 might be the best device for vaping whole nugs that I’ve ever tried. I’m mostly using the xl wpa, with the glass screen intact (!). Just stuff a nug in there, maybe break it apart a bit by hand so the air doesn’t have an easy path around it, set to 373*F, let it heat soak for 30 seconds or so, go to town.

Clouds aren’t quite as thick as a convection device with ground herb, but the effects are great. Flavor is excellent for the first few draws. Nugs come out totally drained, even with fairly dense OG kush type strains.

Game changer. Might not be quite as efficient but I don’t really care about that much these days. It’s easier on the throat and lungs, and way easier to use while out of the house. Wasn’t expecting this. Very happy
It is really nice that the S3 has so much power that you can do this. I used to crumble up little nuggs into my AVLP in the past with good results and I also discovered the S3 can do the same but the increased power and bowl size takes it to the next level.

Postlark

After using the Solo 3 for over a week and being really impressed with it's performance with both flower and hash, even whole buds it goes through with ease, I decided to test it again with an empty and clean stem to see if I could detect the machining smell again. And I definitely can, it happens when the heater gets up to temperature and is quite noticeable (not so much with a loaded stem). Just for reference I tried my Milaana with an empty stem and all you get is heat, but no flavors. Even the Crafty with all it's plastic only has a very slight taste when run empty, but it's mostly heat. With the solo I get a very noticeable taste of machining oil, heated plastic, chlorine, something along these lines that does not feel natural. There are no comments here on FC about this and only a few on Reddit including someone that got an exchange from Arizer that had the exact same smell/taste... I am wondering if anyone has tried running it with a clean empty stem and inhaling when the heater is ready.

Cacahuates

After using the Solo 3 for over a week and being really impressed with it's performance with both flower and hash, even whole buds it goes through with ease, I decided to test it again with an empty and clean stem to see if I could detect the machining smell again. And I definitely can, it happens when the heater gets up to temperature and is quite noticeable (not so much with a loaded stem). Just for reference I tried my Milaana with an empty stem and all you get is heat, but no flavors. Even the Crafty with all it's plastic only has a very slight taste when run empty, but it's mostly heat. With the solo I get a very noticeable taste of machining oil, heated plastic, chlorine, something along these lines that does not feel natural. There are no comments here on FC about this and only a few on Reddit including someone that got an exchange from Arizer that had the exact same smell/taste... I am wondering if anyone has tried running it with a clean empty stem and inhaling when the heater is ready.
Tear down time!
You must be a super taster. I notice when I run it on empty (preheat) so the stem slides in nicely I can smell something. Never tried inhaling it. Just smelled hot, like a toaster or an element on an electric stove, and maybe some old bits of material in there.
Well I hope it gets sorted. This seems like a clean device, but I am in no way a super taster nor have I tore mine apart. It just chugs out nice tastey clouds consistently.

vpr85

No smell or taste from mine. I did an initial burn off with a couple on demand heat ups, very faint smell the first time then nothing since. I'm a bit confused though, did you contacted Arizer or are you not concerned about it? You say your crafty has a slight taste too. Are you concerned about that? I've never noticed a smell with my s&b vapes other than initial burn off also.

Postlark

No smell or taste from mine. I did an initial burn off with a couple on demand heat ups, very faint smell the first time then nothing since. I'm a bit confused though, did you contacted Arizer or are you not concerned about it? You say your crafty has a slight taste too. Are you concerned about that? I've never noticed a smell with my s&b vapes other than initial burn off also.

Yep I contacted Arizer and this was the reply:

"All new appliances/products have the new product/appliance smell and need to burn off any residuals from the packaging etc. Some people are more sensitive to these smells than others, but rest assured any smell coming from the unit poses no risks, it should dissipate after some use with your herbal material and there is nothing to be concerned about with your new Solo III.

The air-path in the Solo III is isolated and no off gassing or fumes will occur with the normal use of any of our products; All the components are safe, non-toxic, and heat-rated to temperatures much higher than the unit will ever reach. We have carefully sourced parts from all over the world and have gone to great lengths to source and use only high quality parts, from glass to silica free ceramics, there are no glues, the PCBs are lead-free, no components contain mercury, all accessories are food/medical grade and temperature rated -- manufactured to ISO Quality Standards, plus CE, FCC, and RoHS certified"

This communication happened just days after beginning to use the device, as I wrote them an email immediately. At the time it satisfied me as it seemed like a very thorough list of concerns that were considered by them.

However I don't think their claims can all be true. For one the airpath is not isolated. Air enters from the holes on the back, also from above the o'rings, and also from as far down as the usb port (this can be checked by blowing vapor into the device through the stem). The whole unit gets hot, I don't see them sourcing special USB ports for us.

The airpath isolation is not really my main concern, it is that the weird taste has not burned off with use as they claim it should. It is still there exactly the same as day one.

As for the Crafty, it always has a slight taste to it but much more subtle than the solo. Mind you I have been on the search for something that is clean and works well for years. The ones that taste clean (like Milaana) are not practical to use or carry or both.

Again considering returning it for a venty, even if I doubt it will do everything I need it to do until they get these details ironed out, if they do.

(Sorry about double post, mods, but I am on the phone and can't figure out how to delete the quote post I just made before this)

I also had issue with the smell from the oven... Did like 10+ burnoffs in session mode at max temp and still couldn't burn it off...
Finally decided to return device and now thinking about getting Venty that I have tried before and it was fine, but still this vape have so much plastic in it...

I'm very unhappy with Arizer, everyone says it's cleanest portable vape but unfortunately it's not true at all, taste is fine, but the smell is horrible (and it's not only me, as others smelled it too), my dynavap is much better in that aspect. - taste much worse but no any smell.

Also I don't think Arizer will do anything about it as they seem to not see any problem at all.

Top Bottom