Anvil by Vestratto

noobvaperct

Little bit of a rant here, but wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar issue with their WPA kit.

For starters, I haven’t even had it for a month yet, close to it give or take. Where my first issue started happening is when I wanted to clean it. Since day one, I had the hardest time pulling out the top piece that has the condenser going through it. When I’m telling you I had a hard time, my hands were all red and swollen from trying to yank the top portion off but I finally got it. The first time putting it back together, I had an extremely hard time getting the condenser pushed all the way down and seated where it should be. The second time I cleaned it a week later, same deal. This time though I noticed upon pulling the two pieces apart, the bottom mini black o-ring pulled out ripped in half. So I thought to myself, maybe I had a “bad” o-ring if that’s even possible…Anyways, it went back in easier so I figure maybe it was the o-ring. Fast forward to today where I’m going to clean it again, same deal, except by far the hardest to pull apart, but when I managed to pull them apart, out came the middle mini black o-ring that’s located at the base of the condenser. This enraged me honestly so I bought the WPA o-ring replacement kit from Vestratto, only to find out the kit DOES NOT contain the mini black o-rings that go on the base of the condenser (there are 3) after paying $40 for the kit ($30 for shipping).

Just the best Monday ever.

noobvaperct,
Reactions: btka

Comfortably Numb

Little bit of a rant here, but wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar issue with their WPA kit.

For starters, I haven’t even had it for a month yet, close to it give or take. Where my first issue started happening is when I wanted to clean it. Since day one, I had the hardest time pulling out the top piece that has the condenser going through it. When I’m telling you I had a hard time, my hands were all red and swollen from trying to yank the top portion off but I finally got it. The first time putting it back together, I had an extremely hard time getting the condenser pushed all the way down and seated where it should be. The second time I cleaned it a week later, same deal. This time though I noticed upon pulling the two pieces apart, the bottom mini black o-ring pulled out ripped in half. So I thought to myself, maybe I had a “bad” o-ring if that’s even possible…Anyways, it went back in easier so I figure maybe it was the o-ring. Fast forward to today where I’m going to clean it again, same deal, except by far the hardest to pull apart, but when I managed to pull them apart, out came the middle mini black o-ring that’s located at the base of the condenser. This enraged me honestly so I bought the WPA o-ring replacement kit from Vestratto, only to find out the kit DOES NOT contain the mini black o-rings that go on the base of the condenser (there are 3) after paying $40 for the kit ($30 for shipping).

Have you tried to contact Vestratto?
Sounds defective to me

Comfortably Numb,

mixchu69

That’s exactly what happened to me (a few posts up).

btka

Also have/had same problems…

Knewt

I made a couple of tools that I use to pull apart my Anvil devices. I have a couple of 2” long copper strips that have a “V” shaped cutout that fits the groove below the oven and in the groove on the condenser body. By turning these 90°, I can fit my finger tips in and pull the device apart. A warm device is always easier. I have photos on Imgur, but I’m too high or not high enough to figure out Imgur new link system.

Knewt,
Reactions: mixchu69

Sidoney

Have you tried pulling it apart while hot? I can't pull mine apart while cold, but it slides right apart once a bit hot. Also I put it back hot.

By hot I mean blasting the battery with the blowtorch for a little bit and waiting for the heat to transfer to where the rings are.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Oooooh weee! 👌 Thank you sir!
You're welcome. I really like the "cold start" too : 300j - 80%.
My Anvil with Kingwood sleeve and sheath (from Azzwood)
IMG-20240628-131215.jpg

HedRokkaZ

Have you tried pulling it apart while hot? I can't pull mine apart while cold, but it slides right apart once a bit hot. Also I put it back hot.

By hot I mean blasting the battery with the blowtorch for a little bit and waiting for the heat to transfer to where the rings are.
This is what i always do, just warm it slightly and it slides apart really easily. It does get really stuck in place when it's cold, i've given myself a couple of blisters yanking it apart cold and since then i always give it a quick warm up before cleaning time.

Cannabiker

My USA has an irritating flaw. The oven (and I've tried more than one) won't seat all the way onto the adapter. If I seat it all the way down, the condenser stops the bowl from threading all the way in. It seems like the adapter isn't drilled deep enough to receive the condenser. Standing proud like that, the oven occludes part of the air intake (probably not enough to make a difference, just enough to be annoying).

All of my O-rings are in place, and I've given everything a thorough cleaning and inspection to ensure there are no obstructions. Has anyone else experienced this, and, if so, am I missing something?

The poker in the photo is pointing to the gap.

Thanks!

53825911901_30eb589436_c_d.jpg

Cannabiker,

seki

My USA has an irritating flaw. The oven (and I've tried more than one) won't seat all the way onto the adapter. If I seat it all the way down, the condenser stops the bowl from threading all the way in. It seems like the adapter isn't drilled deep enough to receive the condenser. Standing proud like that, the oven occludes part of the air intake (probably not enough to make a difference, just enough to be annoying).

All of my O-rings are in place, and I've given everything a thorough cleaning and inspection to ensure there are no obstructions. Has anyone else experienced this, and, if so, am I missing something?

Thanks!

Is it possible that you have an older v1 USA adapter? I purchased it when it first launched and mine had an issue that seems like it was similar to yours. I detailed the problem in a previous post, but the hardware was later updated and replaced by Vestratto. They sent the v2 update to all of the early adopters free of charge and offered the v3 at a steep discount a few weeks or months after that. I never bothered to go beyond the v2, so I'm not sure if there have been any changes since then.
usa.jpg

Got my adapter kit and WPA in today.

Adapter doesn't seem to work properly when used in conjunction with condensers. All stems pictured except the v2 Omni (2nd from left) and phattpiggie stem (wood stem on far right) have no condenser installed. For the v2 and pp stem, you can see the adjustment that was necessary to make it fit. On the v2, I wasn't able to push the condenser/mouthpiece all the way in, and because of the fixed condenser in the phattpiggie stem, I had to adjust the way the adapter connected to the stem and oven. You can see the gaps that I had to leave when putting it together to make it fit:
usa-pp-gaps.jpg

The phattpiggie stem has an inline stainless steel condenser:
pp-stem.jpg

Unfortunate as this was the one I was looking forward to trying the most. Also just to clarify, I don't have any VapCaps purchased post 2019, so I don't know how much things have changed. I assume not much given their interoperability between generations.

I also have not yet had a chance to try it out and won't be able to until later this evening. Considering it, I think I like the novelty of being able to use it with my VapCap stems but given how almost all of my Anvil usage is through water, I don't see this getting frequent use if I'm being honest. I do reserve the right to change my mind until I've actually tried it though.

Edit: This is what I think the issue with the condenser is:

If it were just a few mm shorter, I think it would cover most VCs with condensers. Maybe cut somewhere around the red line?
usa-condenser.jpg

Cannabiker

Is it possible that you have an older v1 USA adapter? I purchased it when it first launched and mine had an issue that seems like it was similar to yours. I detailed the problem in a previous post, but the hardware was later updated and replaced by Vestratto. They sent the v2 update to all of the early adopters free of charge and offered the v3 at a steep discount a few weeks or months after that. I never bothered to go beyond the v2, so I'm not sure if there have been any changes since then.
I think mine is the most recent version. I ordered it from Vestratto last November, and the website says that all USAs purchased after January, 2023 are the 2023 version. I guess I'll contact Vestratto; I just thought I'd check in here first to see if it's a known issue, or maybe not considered an issue at all.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Cannabiker,

KindBuddyBud

Thanks!

Just read @seki ’s post, I guess I have the latest version. Picked it up during the 420 sale. My ovens fit.

Sidoney

Thanks!

Have you tried pushing it together whilst really hot?

Sidoney,

Smknbud

Thanks!

My assembly method is with herb chamber removed I insert the condenser into Thermocore oven first and then screw herb chamber fully seated back onto oven and lastly attach the adapter. No gap for me like in your picture. If your going 'yeah yeah that's how I do it' then seems a part on yours is probably defective.

Smknbud,
Reactions: Cannabiker

Cannabiker

Have you tried pushing it together whilst really hot?
Yup; hot and cold, wet and dry, even with a little lube.
If your going 'yeah yeah that's how I do it'
That's definitely my technique. If I unscrew the chamber the same distance as the gap, it will seat. I think the adapter isn't drilled deep enough to receive the condenser.

Thanks!

Cannabiker,
Reactions: Smknbud

Stanis

friends, hello, tell me which is the best stem simrell to buy under USA Vestratto? I didn’t really like the integrated stem (I think it takes a lot of heat and a very open air flow) I decided to buy USA with stem (OG Titanium Vortex w/ Titanium Intercooler) and Fmj

Stanis,

Texus

Anvils take a lot of energy, so I'd worry about almost any metal stem with it. But can't say I'm familiar with using Simrell for anything but DVs. Or their great dabbing stem.

Texus,
Reactions: Stanis
Top Bottom