Anvil by Vestratto

4-Aces King-High

Hey, I've been out of the loop for a while and just seen that new Thermocore. Is it worth it if I already have a duracore anvil? It is really noticeable the extra mass?
Another question for those who have a colored heatshield (mine is silver), does the color chips/scratchs easily? I'm planning to pick another full Anvil with the thermocore and I'm wondering which heatshield color to pick.
I personally liked the silver being stainless whereas the others are Anodized being Aluminum from what I have read.
i ordered a purple w/ XL bowl and should receive it next Week. Cheers.
7:03pm-Heatshields can also be changed out for a different color, available for purchase.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Thermocore kicks ass, especially with the big bowl. I have it one a big glass cooling stem and you can just toke away like a big ol' doob. I have a green shield on my OG and as far as I know there's no scratches. I prefer it through water so it's in and out of ground joints every use, still looks great.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Another question for those who have a colored heatshield (mine is silver), does the color chip/scratch easily?
I've only had mine for a couple months and have been careful with it, but I don't think there are any noticeable scratches. I'm pretty sure the standard colors except silver are all anodized aluminum, so should be decently resistent to scratching, and shouldn't chip.

buttervap

Does anyone know where I can buy an Integrated Stem? Vestratto has been sold out for a long time. I would like to get the pieces to make a complete Anvil from my WPA kit, and it's the only piece that isn't available. Thanks.

buttervap,

Wozz

Does anyone know where I can buy an Integrated Stem? Vestratto has been sold out for a long time. I would like to get the pieces to make a complete Anvil from my WPA kit, and it's the only piece that isn't available. Thanks.

Shorner

Thermocore kicks ass, especially with the big bowl. I have it one a big glass cooling stem and you can just toke away like a big ol' doob. I have a green shield on my OG and as far as I know there's no scratches. I prefer it through water so it's in and out of ground joints every use, still looks great.
I have just ordered a Thermocore, i have tried the standard copper and the Duracore, i preferred the original copper, is the Thermo better than its predecessors?

coolbreeze

I have just ordered a Thermocore, i have tried the standard copper and the Duracore, i preferred the original copper, is the Thermo better than its predecessors?
I have only used the standard and the thermocore; for my use I wouldn't call it better, really, just different. I've always been impressed that the standard Anvil works as well as it does, I've never had any issues, just total reliability. For me the Thermocore (and big bowl) work fantastic for extended hits, a joint-like experience, where the standard is more a bong hit. So I think they're both excellent at their strengths.

Vitolo

Vaporist
joint-like experience
Exactly how I feel!
I love my anvil totally but know nothing of it's core or anything else.
I think it is the original standard Anvil.
Can anyone tell just by looking what type of core this anvil has... or any other specifics?
Photo-on-7-22-24-at-12-30-PM-2.jpg

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I love my anvil totally but know nothing of it's core or anything else.
I think it is the original standard Anvil.
Can anyone tell just by looking what type of core this anvil has... or any other specifics?
Photo-on-7-22-24-at-12-30-PM-2.jpg

I think yours is a standard like mine, but I don't see much visual difference between the standard and the Dura, tbh.
dsc-0019.jpg
IMG-9020.jpg

L-r, Dura, Standard, Thermo.

SockPuppetTheatrics

Hello, Friend tell me please, how many bowls on a full charge did you get before 2 clicks on the wand? I understand correctly that extraction is faster in forge, so is it better in this regard? the wand is longer, did I understand, or is the difference only in the time until the 2nd click and the number of possible bowls on charge?
I don't think I ever counted number of bowls using the Wand, and I usually switch back and forth between the Anvil and Tempest. The Forge can get more clicks per battery charge, but it depends on what size battery. I think I got something like 24 hits off a 2.5 Ah and 55 off a 5 Ah. The Forge can heat fast or slow; it's up to the user to choose how much and how quickly.

Nothing wrong with the Wand for both Anvil and Tempest; the Forge is just a different beast altogether.

Shorner

For me the Thermocore (and big bowl) work fantastic for extended hits, a joint-like experience, where the standard is more a bong hit. So I think they're both excellent at their strengths.
I ordered the XL bowl, have to say im disappointed hearing this im more RTL 1HE type of person🙈

Last edited:
Shorner,

coolbreeze

I ordered the XL bowl, have to say im disappointed hearing this im more RTL 1HE type of person🤣🙈
I think the standard Anvil can destroy the 2x bowl, too. Been awhile since I tried it that way but that's my memory: several big bong tokes on one heating. Bet the Thermo could too, I just kind of take advantage of the extended toking possibilities with that one.

Shorner

I think the standard Anvil can destroy the 2x bowl, too. Been awhile since I tried it that way but that's my memory: several big bong tokes on one heating. Bet the Thermo could too, I just kind of take advantage of the extended toking possibilities with that one.
So are you saying the Thermocore still does a 1 HE?

Shorner,
Reactions: Vitolo

coolbreeze

I believe it will. I think it's not a question of holding or releasing the heat--it can certainly do that--but more that there will be an excess of heat in reserve over time. One potential issue could be over-baking the herbs while there's a ton of heat left. I have combusted with it and I think this is why. But it's just something to adjust to, not a flaw or problem. Bottom line, I think it will work fine, just be aware that the line may not be quite where you've come to expect it.

Shorner

I believe it will. I think it's not a question of holding or releasing the heat--it can certainly do that--but more that there will be an excess of heat in reserve over time. One potential issue could be over-baking the herbs while there's a ton of heat left. I have combusted with it and I think this is why. But it's just something to adjust to, not a flaw or problem. Bottom line, I think it will work fine, just be aware that the line may not be quite where you've come to expect it.
I think I saw a video where the guy wasn't heating the thermal battery as it was combusting he was heating mid way on the oven.

coolbreeze

I think I saw a video where the guy wasn't heating the thermal battery as it was combusting he was heating mid way on the oven.
I've had good luck with a cranked Eagle pointed at the gap and right above. I haven't quite worked out my Inductor technique; using this IH and then going through water has had me combust a handful of times.

hausland

100%. Heat up is fairly quick (25-30sec to second click with a 3.5cm single-flame torch), personally I get 2-3 good tokes once the second click happened, and those tokes will end the bowl for me. To go dark roast brown on the AVB, I have to keep firing the torch 2-3 sec past the second click.

Heating with the Wand also works, though so far (new to the wand, could be a technique thing) not faster than with the butane lighter.

I’m really loving my Thermocore Anvil, love the build quality, love the ritual and feel (using the XL mouthpiece = joint feeling), even love the taste I get with it (much improved over the flavours a dark roast Dynavap hit and not trailing much behind eg my TinyMight).

buttervap

Does anyone know where I can pickup an Anvil XL Utility Case? The one on Vestratto.com is backordered 3-4weeks and the shipping is insane to the US. It seems many other retailers are out of stock right now too.

buttervap,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom