Anvil by Vestratto

Jojofernz

Awesome! I saw you hitting the Tempest in that thread. How does the Anvil Thermocore compare to the Tempest?
I’ve shared thoughts in this thread https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...ggie-pre-release-prototype-comparisons.54512/

But to summarize I love them both and think they both have a place in a collection, but if I had to choose it would be Tempest for its versatility, easier to use on the go/natively, and flavor. But still use my anvil a bunch at home for those easy quick fat rips!

Clapped_r6

What are peeps running for the forge? I seem to run much higher than whiff recommended earlier.

Clapped_r6,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
What are peeps running for the forge? I seem to run much higher than whiff recommended earlier.
2500 @ 100% for the Anvil ThermoCore (normal bowl)
2800 @ 100% for the Thermal Accumulator 4
2600 @ 100% for the Thermal Accumulator 3 (can causes an "overheat device" warning - happened a few times only with the TA3)
2000 @ 85% for the Tempest (still dialing this in but that is the last one I used)
1100 @ 60% for a Dynavap (only playing with an M7 - I want to figure out a good level for a 9-fin later)

Last edited:

ellis d. tripp

Anyone else having an issue with battery fitment in your forge? I can hardly get my batteries in or out Because their so tight.

ellis d. tripp,

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I got my Forge earlier than expected and had a night to try it out. This thing is solid with great fit and finish. It’s a great piece of gear. Instructions were good so I was up and running pretty quick. Soooo consistent hit after hit. I usually run at lower levels than most and this was no different. Been running 1700 at 70%. Absolutely perfect for my use.
I am doing 2 heat cycles per bowl with 4 hits per bowl. First hit is flavor and good cloud. The rest are typical Anvil huge hits. The OG Anvil has a Thermocre and the WPA and USA have Duracore. All bowls are XL. Bowls are filled but not packed. I Canit tell any difference when using like this.
Using a High Output 2.5 ah Milwaukee battery. I got 33 hits on the first battery. So plenty of run time. Could also double as a weapon as it’s heavy and solid.
I like it.👍

geep99

They are not. They fit my tools perfectly, and I’ve never had a problem getting them in and out of the charger, but you may be on to something.

some batteries are slightly bigger where they insert into the tool.
I have some of both batteries and struggled until I realized what was going on.the battery` on the left that snaps together is an extremely tight fit the battery on the right slides in.

Milwaukee-M12-3Ah-and-6Ah-Battery-Packs.jpg

geep99,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The main problems I am having with the forge it overheating, I keep getting warning beeps (with devices other than the Anvil) and there is a constant high pitched noise that comes from the forge whenever the batteries plugged in (even when its turned off).

However...

When it comes to how the Forge performs with the Anvil... There used to be a harshness or "heat" to the vapour towards the end of the session that would sometime irritate my throat and I would stop even though there was vapour left... but that seems to have gone away ... no matter how high I set the power (or low) it doesn't seem to have the harshness that happens when you heat it up slower with a Torch (or maybe that just me)

Clapped_r6

I will second the overheating, it's making me a little nervous. If I heat up my Anvil and then my friends directly afterward it goes into heat protection mode. I would've thought that it could handle back to back (just 2 bowls mind you, not a third etc) with no problem

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
no issues doing back to backs on mine, got up to 5 before i quit lol, coil temp was 80c afterwards in an ambient temp of 19c. Id say less than a minute max between hits.

I do not let the anvil touch the glass by balancing it on the wagon wheel or holding it.

Be aware that if you allow the anvil to touch the side glass during heatup, or leave the anvil in the forge long after heatup, due to thermal transfer the coils will heat up quicker during back to backs. The forge goes into cooldown mode once the coils hit 100c.
I was hoping it could do 2-4 bowls back to back.

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep
Happy Monday everyone! We have launched a Forge waitlist for those who didn't get a chance to purchase on 4/20. You can join through this link: https://mailchi.mp/d7c902418167/the-vestratto-forge-waitlist The list is first come, first served through the email used on the waitlist, we will not be able to change the email on file once you register it.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Happy Monday everyone! We have launched a Forge waitlist for those who didn't get a chance to purchase on 4/20. You can join through this link: https://mailchi.mp/d7c902418167/the-vestratto-forge-waitlist The list is first come, first served through the email used on the waitlist, we will not be able to change the email on file once you register it.
What about the people who ordered a 4/20 bundle after the day of 4/20? Do we have to join this list?

hotmeals,

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep
What about the people who ordered a 4/20 bundle after the day of 4/20? Do we have to join this list?
No this is a waitlist for those who wish to purchase a Forge. If you have already purchased a Forge and do not wish to purchase an additional unit you do not need to join this list

Admin at Vestratto,
Reactions: hotmeals

SillyNotMe

I was hoping it could do 2-4 bowls back to back.
I find the Anvil stem hot after three bowls. I have to wait for that to cool, not the Forge. Back to back throws off how much energy I need to use without heating past my comfort zone.

I’m now able to coax a session mode out of the Anvil.

SillyNotMe,
Reactions: Kudzu407

AndyO

This has no bearing on the Tornado, right?

Can you confirm that you're going to need the power of a forge to heat the Tornado (as opposed to a blowtorch)?

AndyO,

KindBuddyBud

2500 @ 100% for the Anvil ThermoCore (normal bowl)
2800 @ 100% for the Thermal Accumulator 4
2600 @ 100% for the Thermal Accumulator 3 (can causes an "overheat device" warning - happened a few times only with the TA3)
2000 @ 85% for the Tempest (still dialing this in but that is the last one I used)
1100 @ 60% for a Dynavap (only playing with an M7 - I want to figure out a good level for a 9-fin later)
Try 2800 @ 100% for the ThermoCore. Gives a nice dark roast perfect for nighty night. 2650 @ 100% is nice if you like daytime heaviness.

I tried 1100 @ 60% on a 2020M and oooh weee! This might be a dyna night cause… conduction. I like it, nice and heavy. Makes me wonder what the hell happened to the helix chamber? It was a convection forward herb chamber with a touch of conduction. That would’ve been super nice. I’m still waiting and hoping 🙏

KindBuddyBud,
Reactions: Kudzu407

someTooL

Have had my Forge since Monday. Phenomenal out of the box and initial use impressions.

Took ~ 3 sessions to dial in my preference…thanks to reading feedback from earlier input. For reference, 2450 at 57% Automatic, leaving it in past the first click (that was scary for a while lol) xl bowl with the new oven provides a constant one hit (huge). If doing a fresh bowl on a hot oven, I respect the first click for sure.

Tons and tons of possibilities on heating techniques. Personally I have only used the Anvil and really at this point have no desire to try other devices.

Looking forward to the Tornado release.

Edit- BTW the Dovetail cooling stands fit perfectly in the cut out of the case

Last edited:

sadf

sadf,
Top Bottom